• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Not Right VS Left Anymore

There is a lot of truth here. Unfortunately, OP ignores the symmetry.

No group has ever been ans uncivil as the media is toward Trump. Democrats do not show any respect for the office of President.

Democrats turned the powers of law enforcement against a Presidential candidate. This one is one sided.

The MSM has become a propaganda wing of the Democrats, though which is dog and which is tail can be unclear.

The last one is dead on and Democrats are the fascists. They are the one subverting law enforcement and national security to make political police. They are the ones destroying and and suppressing free speech. They are the ones seeking to evade rather than enforce the law and the Constitution.

Oh yes, Trump is the victim---always the victim.

It's Civility VS Incivility
It's Morals VS Immorality
It's Propaganda VS Facts
It's Fascism VS Democracy

When they call us "liberals" what they really mean to say is that we are civilized people who care about the world and don't think everything is a freaking joke. They want to cause chaos, hate, and division.
When they want to attack people for holding different beliefs or looking different than them, it shows their insecurity and immorality.
When they say Fake News, and only listen to Trump or Trump lackeys, that's really propaganda.
When they say America isn't a Democracy, it's a republic, they want it to be run by a tin-foil hat dictator named Trump.

Intentionally or not, you are doing something we usually accuse our "conservative" counterparts of doing. Several times over actually.

Calling America a Republic, Constitutional Republic, or Democracy is all argument avoidance and degrading things into splitting hairs. But to your point on that line, a Constitutional Republic has nothing to do with handing control over to a Dictator. No matter how we perceive Trump's behavior we did not just wake up one day and end up with this sort of political division by extremes, nor is this the first time in American history we have seen this.

The bigger hypocrisy is what political division has become, and it is easy to argue the furthest left is just as intolerant as the furthest right. In a very terrible and sad way, that is the point of a political system largely ran by two front running but opposing ideologies. 'With us or against us' is the norm, has been. Attacking the ideology of the opposition is nothing new, and it is absent all reality to assume Trump supporters are in an exclusive group of attacks. We may go through periods where those attacks are more vile than others, but that does not remove conditions that created the issue in the first place. Fascism ends up being the ends of both sides, it is also easy to argue that the left has just as much interest in controlling ideology as their opposition does.

At the end of the day Trump being President in the first place, no matter how vile including his background, was only made possible by the DNC putting up an awful candidate and running a terrible campaign. The division created that allowed the 2016 quagmire was not the exclusive handling of Republicans, no matter how much you go with some idea that it is all the other side causing this political mess.

It is a horrible mistake, and wins no confidence in the votes you need, to pretend division oriented politics is all the doing of the other guy.

Thank you for forgiving Veterans Student Loans?

All Veterans? Better check your sources again. You forgot to mention that this bi-partisan program has been in place for years for TPD Veterans.

DeVos resisted this paperwork change for months. Does this change apply to any partially disabled Veterans? How about the children of Military Personnel KIA? Or children of first-responders KIA?

Today is a beautiful day. Forecast says it's going to be in the mid 80's, love it.

It's Civility VS Incivility
It's Morals VS Immorality
It's Propaganda VS Facts
It's Fascism VS Democracy

When they call us "liberals" what they really mean to say is that we are civilized people who care about the world and don't think everything is a freaking joke. They want to cause chaos, hate, and division.
When they want to attack people for holding different beliefs or looking different than them, it shows their insecurity and immorality.
When they say Fake News, and only listen to Trump or Trump lackeys, that's really propaganda.
When they say America isn't a Democracy, it's a republic, they want it to be run by a tin-foil hat dictator named Trump.

All they do is project.

I don't even see anything moral or good about conservatives positions. It seems all they stand for is being able to discriminate against others, and cutting taxes and regulations We shouldn't have good things in this country because they don't want to pay taxes. Every time I post this question about what conservatives think they are standing for, you get the standard ideology talking points like "small government" and "low taxes". And they can never provide how anything they support is doing good for the country. We shouldn't have any protections from companies because it cuts into their greed.

Is there anything at all noble about conservative positions? Their entire philosophy and nature is to just do nothing. Never address any real problems, just made up ones

more Projection :lamo

This is the type of idiocy you get, they just parrot the factual things liberals say about them and try to pin it on liberals. And it never has any supporting facts, logic or reasoning. Just dumb one liner with nothing to back it up

When we call you liberals, we mean people who are blinded by false idealism that isn't workable in the real world, who actually believe the propagandists of the MSM, and who's candidates, if elected, would fundamentally change this country into a second rate world power.

No thanks.

And yet, you can't ever point out anything that is false. You just attack, spout lies, and deflect. No actual argument, like this post. It's compelte garbage, and in fact, is projection, as that fits conservatives to a tee. See, here is how you defend a positon, I'll show you below.

What do I mean by false ideology? The most famous one is "tax cuts creates jobs and reduced deficits". We have 40 years of data where taxes on the rich have gone down adn down, and their wealth has gone up and up, while the rest of use have been stagnant. The Trump tax cuts did nothing but increase the deficit. Another myth, companies will reinvest tax cuts to employees. All they did was pay off shareholders and buy back stocks. THe other stupid things is "more guns means more safe", which is so completely ludacris

See, liberals have actual reasoning. Just like we have actual facts to criticize Trump, while you guys depserately had to try to make stuff up to attack him on

So as usual, the right winger prove liberals correct with their idiotic posts

Alternative vs. Reality

Like Tariff Trade Wars is workable/working. Like following the idealism of the Chosen One isn't false. Like every word out of Trump's mouth isn't propaganda or a lie. Like lifting his leg on every one of our allies while comforting our enemies and dictators while publicly eschewing our own intelligence agencies, being as patriotic as Americans can be, is not turning us into a second-rate power. Like giving up the moral role of the leader of the free world isn't changing this country, America (for those of you who don't realize we're a liberal democracy, not a dictatorship) into a second-rate power. Like forcing the Legislative and Judicial branches to bow down before Il Duce isn't making us a third-world dictatorship, second-rate country.

See, another example of how you form an argument, you back up your position with facts, something right wingers don't do, likely because they can't, because they don't have facts.

Oh yes, Trump is the victim---always the victim.

Trump calls out the media when they post BS and points out attacks for what they are. Is that playing the victim card?

You have one thing right. The attacks are always there. They never stop.

I am a never Trump republican who has never voted blue and feels my party let me down by settling for the Don. Here in my state of Utah the Trump train has left the station and for the first time in my memory the state has a real risk of turning blue in 2020 as Trump's popularity is waning. It used to be that character mattered, not so much anymore as we watch this dumpster fire play out. The few positive impacts he has made are and will constantly be overshadowed by his ignorance and deplorable behavior. He is actively dismantling relationships with allies that were built to help protect our country and the world and I'm hopeful the damage won't be something that can't be repaired once he's out of office. I hope the party presents a qualified candidate for a primary so I can feel part of the process again and not feel like a bystander to rhetoric over substance crowd which simply can't be reasoned with.

On the news this morning I saw Joe Walsh is thinking of running. I agree with you that it will be tough for our allies to trust us again. I takes only one rogue leader to pull out of agreements forged by all our allies, such as the Iran and Paris agreement.

If anyone dares to disagree with "from each according to their ability (to pay more taxes), to each according to their need (for more free goods/services)" then they must be labeled as uncivil, insecure, immoral, racist, white nationalist and fascist. ;)

The hypocrisy of the OP is noted.

BTW, Joe Biden has declared that "We choose truth over facts!".

The bolded was a gaff. Do you know any other world leaders that constantly mispeaks and has to walk things back frequently?

The bolded was a gaff. Do you know any other world leaders that constantly mispeaks and has to walk things back frequently?

Yep, and a few who simply double down and refuse to walk spewing obvious nonsense back.

BTW, nice method of avoiding the rest of my post.

Trump calls out the media when they post BS and points out attacks for what they are. Is that playing the victim card?

You have one thing right. The attacks are always there. They never stop.

Right, Trump NEVER lies, NEVER exaggerates, NEVER attacks anyone first, NEVER kisses up to dictators or says he is in love with one, NEVER says stupid things like windmills cause cancer. right?

Yep, and a few who simply double down and refuse to walk spewing obvious nonsense back.

BTW, nice method of avoiding the rest of my post.

I disagree with the rest of your post. I don't agree with "trickle-down economics" for example, but I don't think those that do are immoral or uncivil. Just wrong.

Conversely, I think trump and those who are apologists for his immorality and incivility are extremely misguided.

I disagree with the rest of your post. I don't agree with "trickle-down economics" for example, but I don't think those that do are immoral or uncivil. Just wrong.

Conversely, I think trump and those who are apologists for his immorality and incivility are extremely misguided.

I agree with that (bolded above) assertion, what I disagree with is that group includes everyone who voted for Trump or even those that would vote for Trump over Warren or Biden.

I agree with that (bolded above) assertion, what I disagree with is that group includes everyone who voted for Trump or even those that would vote for Trump over Warren or Biden.

Yep, I agree with that. I may say differently when I'm being troll-y, but I don't really think everyone who voted for trump is immoral.

Why do trump people support the unhinged chosen one that we saw at yesterday’s presser? Enough with the lame responses dismissing trump’s insanity as trolling.

Do you have any idea what trump’s policies have done to farm country? I do. These are my in-laws, friends, and former students.

Why would any Veteran or any member of a Veteran’s family vote for this coward who wants to award himself the Medal of Honor? I know what my Air Force Father would say if he were still alive.

I do not like trump at all, would never vote for him.

But what I stated is the reality.

The fact that a pompous jerk is the president doesn’t give license to demonize millions of people, run the out of eating places etc etc etc.

Yes’m trump is bad, but the progressive mob makes him look reasonable and stately.

Right, Trump NEVER lies, NEVER exaggerates, NEVER attacks anyone first, NEVER kisses up to dictators or says he is in love with one, NEVER says stupid things like windmills cause cancer. right?
I don't know why you say any of that. Trump constantly exaggerates. Many of his so-called lies are actually exaggerations. He has also proven to be a capable diplomat, which means he can not-insult dictators during negotiations.

You seem to have some idea of reality, but twist it through an obvious bias against Trump personally.

O

Nice propaganda piece that spits at reality there ^

The people Being attacked ed are MAGA hat wearers. They are not attacking people.

The people,doing the hating and acting unhinged are the progressives.

By that I assume you mean the right wing shooters did not wear their MAGA hat at the time they acted out.

I don't know why you say any of that. Trump constantly exaggerates. Many of his so-called lies are actually exaggerations. He has also proven to be a capable diplomat, which means he can not-insult dictators during negotiations.

You seem to have some idea of reality, but twist it through an obvious bias against Trump personally.

So him saying windmills cause cancer is an exaggeration? Kissing the NK leaders ass is now ok? Him flat out lying about others is all exaggerations? You twist everything through an obvious bias FOR Trump personally and professionally.

And yet, you can't ever point out anything that is false. You just attack, spout lies, and deflect. No actual argument, like this post. It's compelte garbage, and in fact, is projection, as that fits conservatives to a tee. See, here is how you defend a positon, I'll show you below.

What do I mean by false ideology? The most famous one is "tax cuts creates jobs and reduced deficits". We have 40 years of data where taxes on the rich have gone down adn down, and their wealth has gone up and up, while the rest of use have been stagnant. The Trump tax cuts did nothing but increase the deficit. Another myth, companies will reinvest tax cuts to employees. All they did was pay off shareholders and buy back stocks. THe other stupid things is "more guns means more safe", which is so completely ludacris

See, liberals have actual reasoning. Just like we have actual facts to criticize Trump, while you guys depserately had to try to make stuff up to attack him on

So as usual, the right winger prove liberals correct with their idiotic posts

See, another example of how you form an argument, you back up your position with facts, something right wingers don't do, likely because they can't, because they don't have facts.

Before Trump, the level of useless, idealistic policies destined for failure, and conceived by an incompetent administrations, were reaching the point of collapse.
Trump is many things, some good, some bad, but he is a realist who makes policies based on common sense.
Now many people don't like that. And we have the divided country as a result.
Doesn't matter, the work has to be done. That's the meaning of the "Chosen one" comment. He wasn't bragging, he was telling us how difficult the job is.
I would think the fact that the media are easily exposed as a pack of liars just by this example alone would cause some to change their viewpoint, but they stubbornly cling to their precious BS.
Such is human nature.

Yep, I agree with that. I may say differently when I'm being troll-y, but I don't really think everyone who voted for trump is immoral.

Good for you.
Even though you are in the minority, it's nice to hear some common sense input in this neck of the woods.

I do not like trump at all, would never vote for him.

But what I stated is the reality.

The fact that a pompous jerk is the president doesn’t give license to demonize millions of people, run the out of eating places etc etc etc.

Yes’m trump is bad, but the progressive mob makes him look reasonable and stately.

They've become everything they say they detest; intolerable and authoritarian.
There is ONLY one way of looking at things... their way. And that is extremism personified.

All one would have to do is to read this forum for a clear sampling of the above.

If anyone dares to disagree with "from each according to their ability (to pay more taxes), to each according to their need (for more free goods/services)" then they must be labeled as uncivil, insecure, immoral, racist, white nationalist and fascist. ;)

The hypocrisy of the OP is noted.

BTW, Joe Biden has declared that "We choose truth over facts!".

:applaud

Well, to be fair, Joe Biden is not the face of the Democratic party (yet). And I suspect he never will be.

He's the only chance the leftists have, so hold your nose and pretend you like him.

Maybe then, you'll understand why Trump was elected over Hillary.

Intentionally or not, you are doing something we usually accuse our "conservative" counterparts of doing. Several times over actually.

Calling America a Republic, Constitutional Republic, or Democracy is all argument avoidance and degrading things into splitting hairs. But to your point on that line, a Constitutional Republic has nothing to do with handing control over to a Dictator. No matter how we perceive Trump's behavior we did not just wake up one day and end up with this sort of political division by extremes, nor is this the first time in American history we have seen this.

The bigger hypocrisy is what political division has become, and it is easy to argue the furthest left is just as intolerant as the furthest right. In a very terrible and sad way, that is the point of a political system largely ran by two front running but opposing ideologies. 'With us or against us' is the norm, has been. Attacking the ideology of the opposition is nothing new, and it is absent all reality to assume Trump supporters are in an exclusive group of attacks. We may go through periods where those attacks are more vile than others, but that does not remove conditions that created the issue in the first place. Fascism ends up being the ends of both sides, it is also easy to argue that the left has just as much interest in controlling ideology as their opposition does.

At the end of the day Trump being President in the first place, no matter how vile including his background, was only made possible by the DNC putting up an awful candidate and running a terrible campaign. The division created that allowed the 2016 quagmire was not the exclusive handling of Republicans, no matter how much you go with some idea that it is all the other side causing this political mess.

It is a horrible mistake, and wins no confidence in the votes you need, to pretend division oriented politics is all the doing of the other guy.

Excellent summary, especially the bolded.

Back
Top Bottom