• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It’s ‘very gold’: The presidential coin undergoes a Trumpian makeover

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...in405pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.4644d239bf1f

The presidential seal has been replaced by an eagle bearing President Trump’s signature. The eagle’s head faces right, not left, as on the seal. The 13 arrows representing the original states have disappeared. And the national motto, “E pluribus unum” — a Latin phrase that means “Out of many, one” — is gone.

Instead, both sides of the coin feature Trump’s official campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

The changes don’t stop there. In addition to his signature, Trump’s name appears three times on the coin, which is thicker than those made for past presidents. And forget the traditional subdued silver and copper: Trump’s coin, a White House aide marveled, is “very gold.”
This mans ego has no bounds.
I read this and well it is not fit for print.

Read your links Bucky
Jun 20th 2008- is the date of the article- when was he inaugurated?

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com...&gwh=7A7B17E5310B6F3D9DDD46E38A45B415&gwt=pay
It is emblazoned with a fierce-looking eagle clutching an olive branch in one claw and arrows in the other and is deliberately reminiscent of the official seal of the president of the United States. Around the top border are the words “Obama for America;” across the bottom is the campaign’s Web address. It also contains the logo of the Obama campaign, variously interpreted as a sunrise or a view down an open road.

Just above the eagle’s head are the words “Vero Possumus,” roughly translated “Yes we can.” Not exactly E Pluribus Unum (Out of Many, One), the motto on the presidential seal and the dollar bill. Then again, Mr. Obama is not the president.

c700x420.jpg

Should have Mar-a-Lago on one side and a golf cart on the other.

So how many of these coins is he going to have made & who's going to pay for them? Will they be available from the Mint. I want one for my bathroom.

c700x420.jpg

Should have Mar-a-Lago on one side and a golf cart on the other.

I don't think that's it. The real one isn't that tasteful.

Coin collector John Wertman holds a Trump "challenge coin." (Bill O'Leary/The Post)

It’s ‘very gold’: Presidential ‘challenge coin’ undergoes a Trumpian makeover
In Trump’s version of the coins, used by presidents for decades, the presidential seal and the national motto, “E pluribus unum,” are gone. But his name appears four times and his official campaign slogan appears twice, a move some ethics experts found questionable because the coins are often given to members of the military as personal mementos.

A fine tradition has been made tawdry and cheap. I have a collection acquired over decades from officers I respect. In my senior commands I had my own to give. They represent something high and honorable. I would not want one of Trump's.

So how many of these coins is he going to have made & who's going to pay for them? Will they be available from the Mint. I want one for my bathroom.

It seems the RNC is paying for these coins. Good thing to keep in mind before writing a contribution check...your dollars are probably not helping your local candidate one iota...but Trumpie's coin is golder than any other...it's the goldest ever!

The ego of this maniac has no bounds. He intends to hand them out to supporters, and to military members which will cross the legality line, but whose looking?

Trump presidential challenge coin says 'Make America Great Again' instead of national motto | TheHill

He sees no problem with replacing the US Motto with his campaign slogan.

“For the commander in chief to give a political token with a campaign slogan on it to military officers would violate the important principle of separating the military from politics, as well as diminishing the tradition of the coin,” Trevor Potter, a Republican former chairman of the Federal Election Commission, told the Post.

Can this nightmare be over soon....please.

Did you read this part while formulating your whataboutism?

https://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/20/the-great-seal-of-obamaland/?mtrref=www.google.com

Just above the eagle’s head are the words “Vero Possumus,” roughly translated “Yes we can.” Not exactly E Pluribus Unum (Out of Many, One), the motto on the presidential seal and the dollar bill. Then again, Mr. Obama is not the president.

FENTON!!!! Love the coin tomfoolery. Did Fox News lead you astray again? Even the man's cion is a reason for you to rush to a sad personal defense? This is what happens when your sense of team spirit trumps your ability to think straight.

View attachment 67226424

Have you learned your lesson about clinging to your absurd political team spirit at all costs yet?

Last edited:

The coins will be available from/at the following:

Big Lots

Bubba's Bait and Ammo in Dothan, Alabama

Manny's Llanteria in Red Oak, Iowa

The Chicken Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada

The 700 Club (with a free prayer cloth included)

Hobby Lobby Stores

Stormfront Gift Shop (online)

Window Lickers Restaurants of America

***** Grabbers Bar and Grill, in Islip, New York and Dover, New Jersey

Crotch Crickets' Sex Toys for Rent Boys, Fort Wayne

GOP On Me gift catalogue

Last edited:
Thanks for the chuckles! I have just the place for it & it involves water & porcelain.

If this isn't a joke, and I fear it's not, then the Trump-designed presidential coin is as tawdry as the man himself.

Someone get the whammbulance.
People need to get a life.

If this isn't a joke, and I fear it's not, then the Trump-designed presidential coin is as tawdry as the man himself.

I don't think you have to analyze too much to see that he has a big self-image & ego problem. That coin is the height of bad taste. It's very tacky, almost a joke by itself.

Last edited:
Someone get the whammbulance.
People need to get a life.

Well, the whole Russian collusion false narrative fell through, and tax reform is now law, and they need something to get upset about, so they're focusing on this nonsense.

Well, the whole Russian collusion false narrative fell through, and tax reform is now law, and they need something to get upset about, so they're focusing on this nonsense.

Oh I must have missed that episode of Fox where the False Narrative fell through.

Do you think the coin is very fine? Does it represent the man?

Don't get ahead of yourself on the Russian conspiracy/obstruction/Logan Act/money laundering front. You're being very premature. The fat lady hasn't sung yet. Flynn still has the microphone.

Oh I must have missed that episode of Fox where the False Narrative fell through.

Do you think the coin is very fine? Does it represent the man?

My only critique would be the ribbon with his name on it.
Had they kept the coin round it would have been perfect and a very beautiful coin.

It is still nice but the ribbon with his name bulks it a bit to much.
Other than that it is still a nice coin.

Back
Top Bottom