• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is There Any Thing Wrong with.....

no it doesn't. There is no reason to put all religious beliefs about the creation of the universe and the earth anymore that we have to have all the different scientific theories about how the orgins of our universe and earth began. And, there are many. The only religions really that would be interested in having theirs in the school books would be christian and some jews as to relate to genesis.

As far as keeping god out of public schools, how is that going now? Over the past 50 years, we have seen our society dive into a filth of hateful speech to each other. Especially over the past 10 or so years since obama got the ball rolling with his attacks on white people and white cops. And, his push to an arab spring and war. Now, the democrats can only speak with hatred towards trump and his followers. All because we have lost our way from the beginnings that the pilgrims covenanted to always keep the commandments. Today, we murder, steal, speak lies about others, covet the wealth of others, covet the women of others, marry brothers (congresswoman omar), don't keep the sabbath holy, deny god and take his name in vain and many other unholy and impure acts. No wonder we can't talk with civility and we deny each other's presidents. Congress can't work together on important things that keep our country safe and sovereign. No, we need to study things of the god of israel in our schools and not be afraid to do so. What fear do you really have? That your children might accept christ? That's the worst thing you can imagine? Not get involved with gangs, drugs and other detrimental acts and behaviors?

oh my! You really expect special, exclusive treatment in public, tax funded schools for 'all', to be given to one particular religion (yours ) over another ? Are you not familar with the laws ? That's a BIG non=no in America.

Last edited:

As another poster pointed out, a "Wild West" annual murder rate of 165 per 100,000 was more than 15 times higher than a "city" rate of 10 per 100,000 around the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. In absolute numbers, that would translate hypothetically into 16.5 murders a year in Tombstone, versus 50 murders per year for say, Chicago's 500,000 residents around 1880. Another poster pointed out that the average for Tombstone was closer to 10 per year, relative to a peak population of 10,000, which would still be high.

19th century - How deadly was the Wild West? - History Stack Exchange

In the long term, violent crime in the United States has been in decline since colonial times. The homicide rate has been estimated to be over 30 per 100,000 people in 1700, dropping to under 20 by 1800, and to under 10 by 1900.[6]

After World War II, crime rates increased in the United States, peaking from the 1970s to the early-1990s. Violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. Property crime more than doubled over the same period. Since the 1990s, however, contrary to common misconception,[7] crime in the United States has declined steadily. Several theories have been proposed to explain this decline:

Crime in the United States - Wikipedia

Then, you should have no problem enjoying fictional thesis from places like icr.com. They have compelling scientific research in respectable journals of science. So, your statement doesn't qualify as true or honest.

They have nothing.

A parent informing/encouraging their offspring that it is OK to ask questions about religious dogma validity, as their offspring go through their truth seeking journey on matters of religion, since there is no way to definitively prove, or disprove, whether or not religious claims are verifiable ?

Most parents will teach thier children what they believe to be true. It is up to the child and then adult to determine what they believe.

As another poster pointed out, a "Wild West" annual murder rate of 165 per 100,000 was more than 15 times higher than a "city" rate of 10 per 100,000 around the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries. In absolute numbers, that would translate hypothetically into 16.5 murders a year in Tombstone, versus 50 murders per year for say, Chicago's 500,000 residents around 1880. Another poster pointed out that the average for Tombstone was closer to 10 per year, relative to a peak population of 10,000, which would still be high.

19th century - How deadly was the Wild West? - History Stack Exchange

But they all went to church!

At what age? I'd say yes,, assuming the child has matured enough to rationally defend his/her decision.

Why are they indoctrinating a child in the first place? Shouldn't they wait until the child has matured enough to rationally understand the bible before telling them anything about Christianity?

Why are they indoctrinating a child in the first place? Shouldn't they wait until the child has matured enough to rationally understand the bible before telling them anything about Christianity?

Timothy was taught from infancy by his mother, Eunice and grandmother, Lois...

"and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." 2 timothy 3:15

Timothy was taught from infancy by his mother, Eunice and grandmother, Lois...

"and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." 2 timothy 3:15

Some children recognize at a remarkably young age that religion makes no sense.

So everyone should be free to decide and not be indoctrinated by anyone, including their parents.

No, a parent is obligated to teach a child what they believe is right...when that child becomes an adult, he can choose his own path...

Today, we murder, steal, speak lies about others, covet the wealth of others, covet the women of others, marry brothers (Congresswoman Omar), Don't keep the Sabbath Holy, Deny God and take His name in vain and many other unholy and impure acts.

Right....that stuff only happens "today". :roll:

I wonder what it's like to live in such vast denial of reality?

...when that child becomes an adult, he can choose his own path...

Which is why the internet has become such a valuable and important tool for education.

Kids can quickly and easily see how whackadoodle their parents views on some things can sometimes be.

Exposure to alternative thoughts, ideologies, and outright facts has never been easier to get.

Hallelujah!!!!

That's not how it works in religious families. Must "ground" the child in the "ways of the Lord" first.

OM

Which is why the internet has become such a valuable and important tool for education.

Kids can quickly and easily see how whackadoodle their parents views on some things can sometimes be.

Exposure to alternative thoughts, ideologies, and outright facts has never been easier to get.

Hallelujah!!!!

Funny thing...my kids went searching...found nothing of value and came back to Jehovah...Hallelujah!!!!...

Funny thing...my kids went searching...found nothing of value and came back to Jehovah...Hallelujah!!!!...

Not shocked at all. My in-laws have bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

Doesn't change the fact that at least on that level, they're pretty much lost.
They're sacrificing a great deal for what most pretty much know is a lie.

Not shocked at all. My in-laws have bought into it hook, line, and sinker.

Doesn't change the fact that at least on that level, they're pretty much lost.
They're sacrificing a great deal for what most pretty much know is a lie.

lol...that is for them to decide, not you or anyone else...

No, a parent is obligated to teach a child what they believe is right...when that child becomes an adult, he can choose his own path...

A parent is not obligated to teach their child anything at all. We may expect that parents want their children to follow their lead just because they think is best for them.

I think there is a way to form the topic so that their children develop with an open mind about their religious "beliefs" and "faith." But, more important is that questions will naturally arise because of our secular and godless educational system that denies God. Our children get 6 hours or more a day, 5 days a week for 10 months every year for 12 years and into college studying anti-religion and God. As parents, we have much less time with our children teaching them about God and their religion and how to receive a testimony and keep a testimony strong. So, we don't need to do anymore encouraging to deny God and their religious beliefs. We need to make sure they know how to find answers to questions atheists bring up to strengthen their testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for instance. This doesn't mean we should be against them asking questions. But, they should ask with a sincere heart wanting to know and be willing to study both sides of an issue they may have with their religion or with God.

Ok thanks for your opinion. Mine is that's a load of crap. I was raised catholic, went to catholic school for ten years. Not exactly a godless education and now that I've reached the age of critical thinking, I choose not to believe a word of my teachings about god. I personally have no use for organized religion or anyone telling me anything about a god nobody can prove exists let alone what he she or it meant when it walked this earth. Religion serves to oppress thinking in my opinion. Let god handle it. I love that one especially when I see folks on the side of the road holding up signs that read homeless and hungry, god bless. Why is it that people seem to insist those who don't believe in their god are not good people and need to be 'educated'?

A parent is not obligated to teach their child anything at all. We may expect that parents want their children to follow their lead just because they think is best for them.

If that's what you think, I hope you don't have any children then...

If that's what you think, I hope you don't have any children then...

Parents are not obligated to teach their children any particular values. There is no obligation to do that.

Back
Top Bottom