• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the night of the long knives upon us?

intrepid

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
President-elect Donald Trump's incoming chief of staff WARNED the head of a top government watchdog organization on Sunday to be careful of its public criticism of Trump. WHOA WHOA WHOA. What is he planning? A night of the long knives. witch was a purge that took place in Nazi Germany from June 30 to July 2, 1934, when the Nazi regime carried out a series of political extrajudicial executions intended to consolidate Hitler's absolute hold on power in Germany. He got rid of anyone that did not conform to his way of doing things. Is that a veiled threat by Reince Priebus? Once you start threatening politicians and organizations, and citizens to be careful of it's PUBLIC criticisms. Then we are in danger of a government that will become dangerous to the people of this country. Oil your guns and stock up on ammo people.

President-elect Donald Trump's incoming chief of staff WARNED the head of a top government watchdog organization on Sunday to be careful of its public criticism of Trump. WHOA WHOA WHOA. What is he planning? A night of the long knives. witch was a purge that took place in Nazi Germany from June 30 to July 2, 1934, when the Nazi regime carried out a series of political extrajudicial executions intended to consolidate Hitler's absolute hold on power in Germany. He got rid of anyone that did not conform to his way of doing things. Is that a veiled threat by Reince Priebus? Once you start threatening politicians and organizations, and citizens to be careful of it's PUBLIC criticisms. Then we are in danger of a government that will become dangerous to the people of this country. Oil your guns and stock up on ammo people.

Speaking the truth will definitely be challenged by the Trump administration. They have already redefined "truth" as anything that Trump supporters believe to be true. It is right out of "Animal Farm". Could "some are more equal than others" be far behind?

An auto-Godwined anti-Trump post. Who would have thought that such a thing would be possible.... :roll:

Of course democracy has to be watchful at all times.
But in this respect Hitler's methods seem to resemble Putin's more or in a less deadly way Dr Merkel's, also well known for her ruthless removal of those that could someday be dangerous.

Nope that won't happen.

What are you going to do with your well-oiled gun?

The hysteria is just unreal.

No, Trump is not planning to execute his political opponents en-mass. What a ludicrous statement.

Up till now the paranoid far-right seemed to have a monopoly on conspiracy theories about concentration camps and mass roundups of dissidents, but the new Left seems determined to out-paranoid them. Sales of tinfoil hats and black-helo accessories must be booming....

An auto-Godwined anti-Trump post. Who would have thought that such a thing would be possible.... :roll:

I agree- eye-rolling and face-palming ridiculous.
Much like when The Donald compared the US intelligence agencies to Nazi Germany.

I will bet $1000 that there is no mass-execution of Trump's detractors on inauguration day.

Any takers?

Goshin said:

No, Trump is not planning to execute his political opponents en-mass. What a ludicrous statement.

Well, now, wait a minute. Part of the lesson of history to be divined from the rise of the Third Reich (among many other regimes) is that very few people, inside or outside Germany, had any reason to think beforehand that the Nazis would turn out to be so bad. Heck, most party members didn't know that the final solution would be outright genocide (or even murder) until roughly 1939/40--most Nazis thought Hitler meant to ship the Jews off to Palestine and Madagascar. And if Krystalnacht might have tipped off more astute observers of history that more than deportation was in store for the Jews, at least, no one except the conspirators themselves saw the Night of Long Knives coming.

I do not think hysteria warranted (is it ever?). But I would put it to you and anyone that taking even one step towards the sort of political millieu that characterized Nazi Germany must be done with extreme caution, and should raise all kinds of red flags. Arguing against someone who criticizes you is fair game--absolutely. Doing so answers like with like. Warning someone who criticizes you that there will be consequences for doing so is not fair game--even if the consequences in mind are less severe than execution. People have a right to criticize whom they will, in what way they will, and a free society recognizes that right.

In short, while I agree that mass executions are very unlikely, they just became a tad less unlikely--and that small incremental increase in likelihood should have people just a little worried.

Last edited:

Up till now the paranoid far-right seemed to have a monopoly on conspiracy theories about concentration camps and mass roundups of dissidents, but the new Left seems determined to out-paranoid them. Sales of tinfoil hats and black-helo accessories must be booming....

Hey now!!! Remember, it's only paranoia if they don't do it.:lol:

I will bet $1000 that there is no mass-execution of Trump's detractors on inauguration day.

Any takers?

Wanna bet whether there will be any doing the Nazi salute there?

Lol !! You Godwinned your own thread.

Wanna bet whether there will be any doing the Nazi salute there?

I bet there will be plenty of false flags over the next 4 years

Any takers?
Madcow might take you up on that bet.

Liberals hate guns, so it will make it much easier for us Trumpeteer Brownshirts to raid their domiciles and carry them out in the dark of the night.
At least that is what they told me at the Indoctrination center when I was issued my uniforms & "hit list' of liberals in my neighborhood.
We await the call from our exalted leader.
ALL HAIL TRUMP! The New America will rise!
(is this what some of you actually believe?....REALLY?)
:shock:

I can't find a facepalm big enough for this one.

I bet there will be plenty of false flags over the next 4 years

Is that what they are calling it now? It looks like the Nazi salute to me.

Hitler-Trump-salute-Getty-TOI-collage.jpg

2017: The Unhingining.

2017: The Unhingining.

If nothing else, It should be an entertaining year.
Maybe we should call it "The Year Godwin's Law Ruled The Land".

knowing there will the thousands of Nazi references each and every week.

Lol...love it, keep it up for at least the next 4 years.

When are people going to figure out that still frames of someone waving can bear a vague resemblence to the nazi salute and this doesn't mean anything?

Lol...love it, keep it up for at least the next 4 years.

What makes you so sure Trump will last out his term without impeachment? The Congress may decide they would rather have Pence.

Back
Top Bottom