• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

• Total voters
That is the reason for the wall and a secure border. They can apply and wait on the other side until approved. Why should I pay to house and feed these people. There are millions of law abiding people all over the world waiting in their country patiently to come here legally. But no the left wants a bunch lawless losers instead.

Can you apply for asylum when you're in a foreign country? Sounds odd. I'd guess you have to actually be in the US before you ask for asylum there.
Asylum being the topic in this exchange, not legal immigrant status.

Democrats don't like this because they know crime will spike and the area will turn into a ****hole and they can't have America see that. They need them spread around everywhere. Obama tried to bus them here to Cape Cod and rich democrats revolted and put a stop to that too sweet. They want illegals here just not in their neighborhood...only yours.

That is why this is a sucker play on Trump. He and his ignorant followers actually believe that illegal immigrants are rapists, murderers, criminals and gang members, yet the research actually shows them to be far more law abiding than native born Americans.

What are the demographic characteristics of unauthorized immigrants versus legal immigrants? - Journalist's Resource
Study shows undocumented immigration doesn’t increase violent crime
A Nation of Immigrants | Pew Research Center
Immigrants in America: Key Charts and Facts | Pew Research Center
Undocumented Immigrant Population Levels Off in U.S. - WSJ
https://cis.org/Immigration-Topic/Illegal-Immigration
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...caf02c-006b-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

This "brainstorm" he has only has the result of solving his "problem" by welcoming them in. In essences, is actually nothing more than a concession that he has no clue and has given up.

Although this is illegal, it actually seems like a rather humane solution, even though Trump nor his ignorant supporters do not have an humane in their collective bodies. So, if that group of reprehensibles (fortunately, a minority of Americans) wish to do the right thing for the wrong reasons, I say "Bring it on!"

Last edited:
That is the reason for the wall and a secure border. They can apply and wait on the other side until approved. Why should I pay to house and feed these people. There are millions of law abiding people all over the world waiting in their country patiently to come here legally. But no the left wants a bunch lawless losers instead.

We should be increasing aid (money and expertise) to El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatemala...doing everything we can to make their economies and governments work for their people. Addressing the disease is always cheaper and more effective than treating the symptoms.

BTW, please explain why border crossings were under control during the Obama years and out of control since Trump has taken office. It seems this is yet another area where Trump hasn't a clue what he is doing. Let's get this guy out of office and replace him with some competence.

You can fix stupid through education, but the Republicans can not win with an educated electorate, so they will continue to do everything they can to continue to dumb down America (see also Betty DeVos) .

So you compose a moronic post like that & all are to assume you're part of an 'educated electorate' I don't think so!

Thanks.
Sounds like a deliberately inflammatory term for a city mayor not wanting his cops tracking down illegal immigrants when gangsters and drug dealers are shooting the place up but it sure appeals to the hyper-partisan elements. Rolls nicely off the tongue too, don't it? Sanctuary city. Easy if you're in Des Moines, Iowa to snear at Los Angeles trying to maximize limited budget resources and refusing to put police on illegal immigration issues when they'd have to be taken off other, more immediately dangerous criminal activity.
Say, why doesn't the federal government provide funding for police in those 'sanctuary cities' so they can hire and train cops dedicated to enforcing immigration laws? City budgets being what they are and priorities having to be decided on, I mean.

For those in favor of sanctuary cities, limited resources isn’t the reason but nice try, I guess. It would be a lot cheaper to turn someone over to immigration than to provide social services for however long. The fed government absolutely provides funds. I’m on the border and our jail is thrilled to house federal inmates because they make money on the deal.

No, and other,
No, because they aren't welcome in some of the poor immigrant loving hoods, and other, because they will soon be shipped off for someone else to deal with the problem.

So you compose a moronic post like that & all are to assume you're part of an 'educated electorate' I don't think so!

Sorry pal, I deal in the truth...... Like it or not, Trump largely appealed to the less educated among us. More educated voters tended to vote "D".

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight
The 2018 midterm vote: Divisions by race, gender, education | Pew Research Center
The Education Gap That Explains American Politics - The Atlantic
Trump's Appeal to the Cognitively Challenged - Pacific Standard
Trump Losing College-Educated Whites? He Never Won Them in the First Place - The New York Times

So, as you can see, I can deliver 3rd party evidence to support my statement. Can you deliver 3rd party evidence to refute me (I hope so, as that is what good debate is about) or do you have no basis to refute me other than you didn't like what I had to say....and, wouldn't that be "moronic"?

So let me get this straight... Trump's gone from 'zero tolerance', to 'completely closing the border', to now 'busing the illegals to parts of the US'? lol

And the mindless Trumpsters will STILL refuse to call out their liar and chief. After-all he is targeting Blue states, and revenge and hatred and racism is what the modern GOP is all about. And the Trumpsters love that.

In 60 years when school kids learn about U.S. history and they read that a U.S. president separated young children from their mothers and put those children in big cages with silver mylar blankets to keep them warm, and that some children even died because of that mistreatment or were sexually assaulted or raped, then shipped out thousands of immigrants waiting for their immigration hearing to all parts of the country denying them their rights to due process and American people supported this --- they will find it difficult to believe.

So let me get this straight... Trump's gone from 'zero tolerance', to 'completely closing the border', to now 'busing the illegals to parts of the US'? lol

And the mindless Trumpsters will STILL refuse to call out their liar and chief. After-all he is targeting Blue states, and revenge and hatred and racism is what the modern GOP is all about. And the Trumpsters love that.

he is exposing hypocrites. stay tuned

Didn't the local and State politicians who support and passed resolutions naming their town/city a sanctuary for illegals started this mess before Trump?
What is the political motive behind sanctuary cities?
Are you ok with sanctuary cities snubbing federal authority? (I asked another poster in post 74.)

Personally, I think it is a idea worth implementing.

The moral justification for sanctuary cities (I say this unaware of the debates that occurred) is 1- a recognition that illegals, for better it worse, are part of our communities, contributing to them by their labor. Our society will not pay workers in, say, agriculture, very well, so illegals do many of those jobs. Would it be better if we had well-paid farmworkers, citizens of legal residents. Probably yes, but we say no, because we want cheap fruit. I am a union supporter. I’d love to see those who clean hotel rooms or wash dishes get paid well. But our society has been addicted to cheap labor since 1619. If Trump pledged to support labor, raise the minimum wage and enforce labor laws, that might help, but folks like him want it both ways, cheap labor and the opportunity to demagogue the laborers. 2- the law enforcement angle: many legal immigrants have illegal folks living with them or in their neighborhoods. Police and prosecutors need witnesses to make cases. The fact that people can testify, that women can report an abuser without having to face immigration authorities is a plus. 3- the philosophical case: capital can cross borders to get a greater return on its investment... in many cases it defies the laws of the countries where it invests. Why shouldn’t labor be able to do the same thing?

No the truth is strong with me.

You know maybe it is time for Trump to direct thousands of those claiming asylum not just to sanctuary cities but to all these leftist elitists politician neighborhoods who have removed all differentials between legal and illegal immigration that do not show any diversity in their own communities of the rich and famous. Add to that the Hollywood elites too. Let them care for them. Let them school their children, let them provide healthcare, shelter and food. Sounds like a wonderful idea. They asked for it, now its time to give it to them. :)

what truth? Trump employed many illegals in his life. He's like every other wealthy GOP politician thats likes illegals for cheap labor, but will pretend otherwise to get votes.

Sorry pal, I deal in the truth...... Like it or not, Trump largely appealed to the less educated among us. More educated voters tended to vote "D".

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump | FiveThirtyEight
The 2018 midterm vote: Divisions by race, gender, education | Pew Research Center
The Education Gap That Explains American Politics - The Atlantic
Trump's Appeal to the Cognitively Challenged - Pacific Standard
Trump Losing College-Educated Whites? He Never Won Them in the First Place - The New York Times

So, as you can see, I can deliver 3rd party evidence to support my statement. Can you deliver 3rd party evidence to refute me (I hope so, as that is what good debate is about) or do you have no basis to refute me other than you didn't like what I had to say....and, wouldn't that be "moronic"?

I get a kick out of some of these progressives going into debt finally achieving an online degree from an
un accredited 'university' suddenly having a light bulb going off by watching CNN propaganda. 'Hey, these TRUMPSTERS
are halfwits. only stupid people support Trump & because I'm not stupid I'm supporting anyone but that buffoon Trump

Yet Trump by a 14 pt margin, and that's huge, of college educated white men who have lead this country
from the colonial times to eventually become the most powerful economic & military power in the world during the Coolidge
administration possibly even earlier!

White college graduates in exit polls supported Trump 53%, Clinton 39%
https://www.cnn.com/election/2016/results/exit-polls/national/president

Last edited:
what truth? Trump employed many illegals in his life. He's like every other wealthy GOP politician thats likes illegals for cheap labor, but will pretend otherwise to get votes.

I stand by my statement. You lefties aren't interested in taking care of what is clearly a crisis at the border so it is time all your elitist leaders do their fair share. I know we can't drop a bus load off on Pelosi's driveway because she has a wall around her home but we sure as heck drop a few thousand off in her elite neighborhood she lives. What about the elite neighborhood in which Obama lives in DC? I hear it is a really big mansion. How many could he personally house and care for? How about all the rich elite in that neighborhood where their children go to the finest schools, how about them taking on educating all these illegal immigrants in the privilege schools their kids go to! Why is it always the middle class being left holding the bag forced to pay? How about Hillary and Bill Clinton who live in Chappaqua NY that is full of rich elitists and only has 1.5 black people in its population. How about sending a few thousand illegal immigrants to Chappaqua where these rich people could grow in diversity and provide for these people and share their schools with their children. Or what about John Kerry who has a mansion in a elite district called Beacon Hill in Boston a sanctuary city, how about dropping off a few thousand off in Beacon Hill and these elitists can show their diversity in providing the needs of these people.

But just tonight after Trump trolled Democrats about shipping these illegals claiming asylum which only about 13% end up qualifying, to San Fran and California in general, the 9th Circus court overturned their earlier ruling and for the meantime are allowing asylum seekers to wait in Mexico till their hearing dates.

:lol::giggling::bringit:giggle1:

I can't stop laughing. The threat of Trump sending all these illegals to California seems to have done the trick. So what does that tell you? It tells me the left is full of ****.

No, it's not. I don't like the idea of using people as tools of political revenge.

The leaders of the sanctuary cities declared that they wanted illegal aliens.

It's now a problem if they actually have to follow through on their public proclamations?

:shrug:

How about 'Say what you mean, and mean what you say' ??

The leaders of the sanctuary cities declared that they wanted illegal aliens.

It's now a problem if they actually have to follow through on their public proclamations?

:shrug:

How about 'Say what you mean, and mean what you say' ??

Didn't you hear? They are no longer people. They are pawns, apparently. To take them in would be insulting and denigrating to their humanity. :shrug:

i'm all for relocation. Let the people who want them take care of them; and bear the costs.

Didn't you hear? They are no longer people. They are pawns, apparently. To take them in would be insulting and denigrating to their humanity. :shrug:

Getting really tired of Democrats projecting their worst instincts and acts on others who haven't exhibited their level of political cynicism on everyone else, all their political opponents.

Meh. That's wrong. They are people, and they always have been people.

These are people who want to improve their lives, and they believe that going to the US is how to do that. And all that's fine.

But I want them to do it legally, in accordance with the laws. I don't want them bum rushing the border, making bogus asylum claims, trafficking in children bogusly claim to be their own to better their chances of staying, and all the rest of bull****.

They want to come to the US? Do is legally, by the process. Assimilate and flourish. That's how this is supposed to work. Not how its working now.

Which would result in an increase of population, more electoral votes and representation in Congress, AND more Federal funding of social programs.
How about a 1st class airline ticket to the European country of their choice, where greater economic equality already exists, instead?

Can you apply for asylum when you're in a foreign country? Sounds odd. I'd guess you have to actually be in the US before you ask for asylum there.
Asylum being the topic in this exchange, not legal immigrant status.

The problem is once they entered Mexico the threat of violence ceased to exist. Mexico offered them asylum. They do not want asylum but to circumvent our immigration laws. If they were fleeing persecution in Mexico and flee across our border that is legal and seeking asylum is legal. This is a scam plain and simple to circumvent our immigration laws and sneak to the front of the line. I do not like or want these kind of sneaky underhanded people in my country when we are turning away law biding people not trying to get around our laws.

We should be increasing aid (money and expertise) to El Salvador, Nicaragua and Guatemala...doing everything we can to make their economies and governments work for their people. Addressing the disease is always cheaper and more effective than treating the symptoms.

BTW, please explain why border crossings were under control during the Obama years and out of control since Trump has taken office. It seems this is yet another area where Trump hasn't a clue what he is doing. Let's get this guy out of office and replace him with some competence.

Trump knows exactly what he is doing. Securing our border is the first step when dealing with people who have no respect for our laws and are entering our country illegally. The only people crossing the Mexican border into our country seeking asylum should be Mexican citizens fleeing persecution. Once the people from Central America crossed into Mexico they should have immediately asked for asylum. Mexico even offered them asylum as the law requires. these people refused it because they do not want asylum but think they have found a way to circumvent our laws. Unfortunately Trump not only has to deal with these sneaky underhanded people circumventing our immigration laws but the people in this country that support such lawless behavior.

That is why this is a sucker play on Trump. He and his ignorant followers actually believe that illegal immigrants are rapists, murderers, criminals and gang members, yet the research actually shows them to be far more law abiding than native born Americans.

What are the demographic characteristics of unauthorized immigrants versus legal immigrants? - Journalist's Resource
Study shows undocumented immigration doesn’t increase violent crime
A Nation of Immigrants | Pew Research Center
Immigrants in America: Key Charts and Facts | Pew Research Center
Undocumented Immigrant Population Levels Off in U.S. - WSJ
https://cis.org/Immigration-Topic/Illegal-Immigration
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...caf02c-006b-11e5-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

This "brainstorm" he has only has the result of solving his "problem" by welcoming them in. In essences, is actually nothing more than a concession that he has no clue and has given up.

Although this is illegal, it actually seems like a rather humane solution, even though Trump nor his ignorant supporters do not have an humane in their collective bodies. So, if that group of reprehensibles (fortunately, a minority of Americans) wish to do the right thing for the wrong reasons, I say "Bring it on!"
No one believes your leftist spew. We all have two eyes and ears...if you need research to grasp that we are letting gang members into our country I feel sorry for you.
This reminds me fat ass ted kennedy who wanted illegals here...except when they were getting dropped off into his cape cod neighborhood. We would drop them off on nancys doorstep except she has a wall around her home to keep the illegals out.

The problem is once they entered Mexico the threat of violence ceased to exist. Mexico offered them asylum. They do not want asylum but to circumvent our immigration laws. If they were fleeing persecution in Mexico and flee across our border that is legal and seeking asylum is legal. This is a scam plain and simple to circumvent our immigration laws and sneak to the front of the line..
That is what is happening, has been for far too many years and has become a game that suits both parties rather well. Mexico itself has profited nicely from snubbing their noses at our sad immigration laws

I do not like or want these kind of sneaky underhanded people in my country when we are turning away law biding people not trying to get around our laws.
Not all of them are sneaky, although seeing some of those young fellows snickering and laughing into the camera makes one wonder what gives.
No, I do blame those who dangle the incentives, who inform those people how to process and what to do. I really really want to know who is behind all of this. The ones I DON"T blame are the poor sobs who fall for it, who are desperate and are truly seeking a better life for themselves and their families.
But according to the left, it is easier to call people like me racist, because we want those people to come here for the right reasons and in a legal manner.

It's a great idea.

Sadly, His Excellency is often all talk, no action.

He will not actually do it (for a variety of reasons).

If those sanctuary cities were flooded with those undocumented adults and children, it might eventually lead to the political downfall of those cities' pro-sanctuary "leaders."

How sweet that would be!

Back
Top Bottom