• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

Is relocating illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities/states a good idea?

• Total voters
But...but...these people are being arrested! They're living in fear!

That's what happens when you commit a crime. Being here illegally is a crime. So are you saying that the comments about police abuse and angry mobs were just hyperbole?

I voted that it is a great idea! It is a stellar idea! It is the most incredibly stupendous idea I have seen any Right Winger come up with yet!

Move all of the 12 to 20 million illegals to sanctuary cities, DO IT, DO IT NOW, TODAY!

Then come the 2020 Census that will go a long way to possibly shifting more House seats to Blue dominated areas.

Woo Hoo!
under the current laws, there coming anyway, so what’s the difference...California will always be a blue State just like NJ. Also once here they’re free to go anywhere in the United States they want.

So let me get this straight... Trump's gone from 'zero tolerance', to 'completely closing the border', to now 'busing the illegals to parts of the US'? lol

And the mindless Trumpsters will STILL refuse to call out their liar and chief. After-all he is targeting Blue states, and revenge and hatred and racism is what the modern GOP is all about. And the Trumpsters love that.

Yep, it seems he is essentially hanging out the "Welcome" sign.

What Trump believes is a "stick-it to 'em" will likely essentially back fire on Trump. If this policy is pursued, these locations will develop programs to humanely embrace these displaced peoples and well assimilate them into American culture. Meanwhile, it will likely make Trump look like he surrendered, after to appearing to have shown his dictatorial propensities by running ram-shod over the law. This is a lose-lose for Trump.

Trump was a fool for not swapping his wall for DACA/immigration reform two years ago. He received very bad advice for Miller/Kelly. They both should be fired (wait, one was)... So now Trump is treading water in rough seas.

Last edited:
What a crock!

You liberals want illegals mowing your grass, but not so much for neighbors.

Illegals were mowing the lawns at Donald Trump's golf courses for years, until the lid was blown wide open. I think you were confusing "you liberals" with "Mr. President".

No, it's not. I don't like the idea of using people as tools of political revenge.

Why do you complain? Soon, the 'transporteds' will vote in the sanctuary states they reside.

Illegals were mowing the lawns at Donald Trump's golf courses for years, until the lid was blown wide open. I think you were confusing "you liberals" with "Mr. President".

Trump wasn't/isn't letting them in the country, though.

If illegal immigration is good and positive and should be encouraged, what would be the “revenge” aspect?

Considering how much he complains about sanctuary cities, up to and including threatening to cut off their funding, you don't think there is a revenge component to this proposal? You're a smart dude, X.

Nice touch? I assume you're saying that to the US government. That isn't my document. It's theirs. Why would I add in something about truck drivers to their document?

That document provided by you in a lame attempt to refute my post includes (addresses?) more than agricultural employment - my post did not. Not many (if any) consider working at McDonalds to be an agricultural job.

You liberals are really looking quite foolish here...ya played yourselves!

Trump wasn't/isn't letting them in the country, though.

Ah, so it's okay to hire them to mow your lawns for cheap labor, as long as you don't let them in. Makes sense.

No, actually it doesn't. Trump doesn't want you and me to have the illegals mowing our lawns on the cheap. He only wanted to do it himself. In the grown up world we call that "hypocrisy".

That document provided by you in a lame attempt to refute my post includes (addresses?) more than agricultural employment - my post did not. Not many (if any) consider working at McDonalds to be an agricultural job.

A "lame attempt" to refute your post? That's from the USDA. Their document, not mine.

It wasn't a lame attempt. It was an attempt to interject government data into a discussion. Sorry it triggered you so badly.

Ah, so it's okay to hire them to mow your lawns for cheap labor, as long as you don't let them in. Makes sense.

No, actually it doesn't. Trump doesn't want you and me to have the illegals mowing our lawns on the cheap. He only wanted to do it himself. In the grown up world we call that "hypocrisy".

Exactly right. If congress would get off their fat asses, Trump wouldn't have any illegals to mow the lawns of golf courses. Term limits for all the congresscritter bastards.

A place calling itself a "Sanctuary" seems like a PERFECT place to send the people they claim to be a "sanctuary" for.

But liberals like brown people about as much as ted kennedy liked windmills. NIMBY

:thumbs:

Then, as another poster pointed out in another thread, Trump should bus them to the thousands of rural farms that employ and protect them as well.

rural farms want "migrant" workers

not illegal workers

there is a BIG difference in the two

Exactly right. If congress would get off their fat asses, Trump wouldn't have any illegals to mow the lawns of golf courses. Term limits for all the congresscritter bastards.

So it's the fault of Congress that Trump employed illegals for decades? Yup. Sure. That's taking personal responsibility to a whole new level.

What's the political revenge?

This is just practical & pragmatic sending illegals to where they are welcome, santuary states & cities!

This is revenge:
White House considers sending illegal immigrant children to Sessions' home state - al.com

Obama's administration in 2016 planned to relocate thousands of illegal immigrant children to the home
state of U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions. The plan would send the children to Baldwin County, across the bay
from Sessions' home in Mobile County. This was payback because Sessions was considered the
Obama Administration's toughest critic on immigration reform.

Considering how much he complains about sanctuary cities, up to and including threatening to cut off their funding, you don't think there is a revenge component to this proposal? You're a smart dude, X.

Hi Tres. :) I know Trump is not intending this as any kind of positive for sanctuary cities, obviously he is not a fan.

So it's the fault of Congress that Trump employed illegals for decades? Yup. Sure. That's taking personal responsibility to a whole new level.
Liked that makes a difference. I'm sure all these sanctuary cities will find lots of good jobs for the illegals.

Serious question, wouldn’t sanctuary cities be the safest/best place for them? How is it not a win win?

Correct me if I'm wrong- is a 'sactuary city' one that refuses to use city cops and city resources to enforce federal immigration laws? Or is there more to it?

Correct me if I'm wrong- is a 'sactuary city' one that refuses to use city cops and city resources to enforce federal immigration laws? Or is there more to it?

That’s pretty much my understanding of the term.

Absurd sophistry. But to humor you, it depends on which community. They are both good and bad. Good because they both subsidize US lifestyles and because money sent home helps Mexico's economy. Bad because they lower wages, continuing our historic addiction to cheap labor and, of course, represent illegality and are exploitable. Bad because they remove some of the more ambitious risk-taking workers from Mexico, disrupting their home communities. Yes, liberal entities support them politically, but conservative employers give them jobs. Politicians like Trump get to demonize them. Thus it's win-win-win. We all wet our beaks.
You do know that not all employers are conservatives, right?

A "lame attempt" to refute your post? That's from the USDA. Their document, not mine.

It wasn't a lame attempt. It was an attempt to interject government data into a discussion. Sorry it triggered you so badly.

Where data comes from does not alter the data. NASA produces weather data and uses petroleum products should aerospace workers be counted as weather forecasters and oil workers?

Back
Top Bottom