• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of contentious

Re: 'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of content

Why are you ignoring the fact that that colleague threatened that Republican with harm and that Republican was threatening back with self defense?

And Donald Trump contests the Russian collusion allegations. Are you going to side with Trump now?

No, but what we have here is a bit of a he said/she said scenario. The republican admits to his own bad behavior, but the democrats contest the allegations against them.

Re: 'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of content

If you intentionally find someone you want to antagonize, antagonize them, and then leverage their antagonized state to shoot them; that's premeditated murder.

So much for personal responsibility.

Don't look now, but you just justified the bitch slapping of that reporter in Montana.

So much for personal responsibility.

Don't look now, but you just justified the bitch slapping of that reporter in Montana.

Deflection. Trying to clarify a campaigning politicians views on a major issue is just standard journalism.

Bragging about how you tried to infringe on people's first amendment rights is just despicable.

Deflection. Trying to clarify a campaigning politicians views on a major issue is just standard journalism.

Bragging about how you tried to infringe on people's first amendment rights is just despicable.

Oh, you're all about civil rights, now? :lamo

I love how the folks who whine about partisan hackery never hesitate to be partisan hacks.

Ooooohhhhh. The irony here is so thick you can cut it with a knife. LOL.

Ooooohhhhh. The irony here is so thick you can cut it with a knife. LOL.

I'm not one of the folks with their hair on fire crying about partisan hackery. You're one of the worst and your first instinct was to defend the Democrat. :lamo

No, but what we have here is a bit of a he said/she said scenario. The republican admits to his own bad behavior, but the democrats contest the allegations against them.

Got a video here of Mr. Navares making a statement. What do you think of it and do you think that it could be threatening? (generalized to be sure but still a threat) If yes, if he's willing to say this on camera, what do you think he would have said in the heat of the moment of the shoving match which he does admit to? Starts at the 1:36 mark.

There actually was a reason to include the details you omitted.
Not when it came to the point I was making. As I told you.

It's fine you don't understand, just stop posting about something you don't understand.

Further, your omission made your statement wholly inaccurate
So the person who instigated the fight and threatened to shoot someone wasn't a Republican? You must REALLY believe in that "if you tell a lie often enough it becomes a truth" theory.

I'd say the statement "I'll put a bullet in your head" is probably protected speech. After all, the Supreme Court once held unconstitutional a statute which would have punished a person for saying to a policeman, "White son of a bitch, I'll kill you." See Gooding v. Wilson, 405 U.S. 518 (1972).

Not when it came to the point I was making. As I told you.

It's fine you don't understand, just stop posting about something you don't understand.

I understand your point just fine. I'm merely pointing out that it is faulty.

So the person who instigated the fight and threatened to shoot someone wasn't a Republican? You must REALLY believe in that "if you tell a lie often enough it becomes a truth" theory.

No. See? You still have it wrong and you don't even know why and that directly correlates to why you don't understand why your the point you are trying to make falls flat.

Got a video here of Mr. Navares making a statement. What do you think of it and do you think that it could be threatening? (generalized to be sure but still a threat) If yes, if he's willing to say this on camera, what do you think he would have said in the heat of the moment of the shoving match which he does admit to? Starts at the 1:36 mark.

I don't think what he said on the statement was much of a physical threat. It could have meant he would lose re-election, or spark a public outcry.

What the republican did, attempt to silence non-violent protestors with the heavy hand of the law, is despicable. Then he went around to troll people with it. ****ty moves, bar none.

Shoving, whatever- yeah, it's petty and small, but one of these sides looks significantly worse than the other. You may notice i approve of posts from people suggesting there were issues on both sides- i agree with that. Where i depart is when the two are equivocated, as i do not consider them equivalent. The instigator is often worse than the responder.

Your version of events ignores all the preceding events. The republican didnt simply walk up and say "hey...see that group of hispanic looking individuals over there? I called ICE on them." And lets be really clear...in THIS country anyone here should WELCOME a call to ICE. If someone doesnt or if it 'agitates' someone or if they consider that a 'racist' thing to say...they probably are condoning illegal immigration and are kinda a douche.

The democrat 'statesman' started a physical altercation and verbalized 2 separate threats. It was responded to. Threaten to attack someone...they might just let you know what the consequences of your actions might be.

Your version of events ignores that the Republican Statesman was purposefully antagonizing the other Statesmen.

I'm not acting the part of the partisan in this instance, I see how the Republican was clearly antagonizing, how the Democrats took the bait; how all parties involved showed no respect or decorum. It is schoolyard antics, and nothing more. Truly despicable and embarrassing on the part of all those involved.

These responses passed the test. So predictable.

I love coming here and watching Democrats spin in unison. It's like going to the zoo.

It's synchronized spinning to the uninformed.

No Whar but Texas!

It's synchronized spinning to the uninformed.

No Whar but Texas!

Like those "frac towers", eh? :lamo

Like those "frac towers", eh? :lamo

285 feet, on the nose, Bro.

You nailed it. And, remember, this is Texas. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the animosity. :mrgreen:

You forgot stupidity.

I love how the folks who whine about partisan hackery never hesitate to be partisan hacks.

Irony meters everywhere exploded simultaneously.

Irony meters everywhere exploded simultaneously.

Because you posted, yeah, you're right. :lamo

I understand your point just fine.
Clearly not if you're going to insist on saying I misrepresented anything...which you STILL haven't explained what I misrepresented.

I don't understand why people have such difficulty admitting they made a mistake. You said something dumb. I explained why it was dumb. But rather than admit you made a mistake, you're now trying to play word games to avoid admitting fault. I don't understand it.

I'm merely pointing out that it is faulty.
You've yet to provide why you think I misrepresented something, despite me having asked you to do so.

What do you feel I misrepresented?

Well, if you're just going to post things which are not true, then I don't know why you're even bothering.

Matt Rinaldi is a Republican. He's the one who instigated the argument. He's the one who threatened to shoot someone. For you to claim otherwise suggests a dishonesty which is quite unbecoming.

See? You still have it wrong
No, Rinaldi is a Republican. It's very clearly stated in the article. Why are you not telling the truth?

and you don't even know why
Just because you try to tell an untruth doesn't make the falsehood true. Try again.

Unless you can show a greater understanding of this story and my point, I'm afraid we'll have to leave it here. My quota for stupidity and dishonesty has quickly filled up. So you can either make an honest comment and explain what you think I misrepresented or you can continue your posting of falsehoods and we can be done. It's your choice.

According to the article they were holding up signs saying they were here illegally.So he didn't assume.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/tex...inal-day-caps-contentious-legislative-session
In a prepared statement, Rinaldi said he called ICE officials to report the protesters who held signs that declared they were unauthorized immigrants.

You (and others) say there were people holding signs saying they were illegal, but I've seen several clips and stills of the protest and have yet to see even ONE. Have you?

Rinaldi, AFAIK, is the only one saying that some protesters were holding such signs.

I did see one sign in a video in your your article that said "I'm here to stay", but nothing about being illegal.

Rodriguez threatened him several times, and the Republican said if he they came after him, he'd put a bullet in his head in self-defense.

Which is exactly what you should do if someone attacks you. I would do the same.

This was fully orchestrated by the Democrats.

What this was, was two grown men acting like children.

Back
Top Bottom