• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of contentious

Re: 'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of content

Clearly not if you're going to insist on saying I misrepresented anything...which you STILL haven't explained what I misrepresented.

I don't understand why people have such difficulty admitting they made a mistake. You said something dumb. I explained why it was dumb. But rather than admit you made a mistake, you're now trying to play word games to avoid admitting fault. I don't understand it.

You've yet to provide why you think I misrepresented something, despite me having asked you to do so.

What do you feel I misrepresented?

Well, if you're just going to post things which are not true, then I don't know why you're even bothering.

Matt Rinaldi is a Republican. He's the one who instigated the argument. He's the one who threatened to shoot someone. For you to claim otherwise suggests a dishonesty which is quite unbecoming.

No, Rinaldi is a Republican. It's very clearly stated in the article. Why are you not telling the truth?

Just because you try to tell an untruth doesn't make the falsehood true. Try again.

Unless you can show a greater understanding of this story and my point, I'm afraid we'll have to leave it here. My quota for stupidity and dishonesty has quickly filled up. So you can either make an honest comment and explain what you think I misrepresented or you can continue your posting of falsehoods and we can be done. It's your choice.

Yes, you've definitely reached your quota for stupidity. That's the first true thing you've stated. Probably should refrain from posting for the rest of the day so you don't break that quota.

As far as the answer to your question, that was already covered by another poster.

Calling federal immigration enforcement to enforce existing laws regarding declared illegal immigrants is 'instigating the fight'? You sure there werent maybe some other factors involved? And by all accounts his cmment about puttng a bullet in the guys brain FOLLOWED a physical threat made toward him. Funny you didnt mention THAT part as well.

Re: 'I'll put a bullet in your head': Fistfight nearly erupts on final day of content

You're trying to derail the thread now. Two Democrats disagreed with Republican speech, and for political purposes, threatened violence against him. He said he would defend himself against such violence.

The Democrats here definitely engaged in terrorism.
Your own words are not "derailing the thread" buddy.

No, he threatened to shoot another lawmaker over a vaguely ominous comment. That's not "terrorism".

Anybody who says "I will put a bullet in your head" needs to take a ride down to jail.

The person who instigated the fight and threatened to murder another legislator was a Republican. It says so in your snippet.

I was wondering if I read that wrong, but I guess not... the OP is confused... :lamo

Yes, you've definitely reached your quota for stupidity.
I appreciate you acknowledging the lack of quality from your posts.

As far as the answer to your question, that was already covered by another poster.
And I already responded to that post and explained why it was wrong.

So not only do you continuously show you don't understand the point (even when I've directly told you the point), you defer expressing your opinion on what I supposedly misrepresented in favor of re-posting something someone else said which I already defeated and noted completely missed the point.

Another terrible post from you. What was it I said earlier?

Me said:
So you can either make an honest comment and explain what you think I misrepresented or you can continue your posting of falsehoods and we can be done. It's your choice.
I see which choice you made. It's a shame you didn't choose to make the first option. Sometimes you provide quality and intelligent discussion. I just wish this was one of those times.

Last edited:

I was wondering if I read that wrong, but I guess not... the OP is confused... :lamo
Oh, I don't think the OP was confused, I think the OP was deliberate.

Your own words are not "derailing the thread" buddy.

No, he threatened to shoot another lawmaker over a vaguely ominous comment. That's not "terrorism".

He was receiving threats do to his political stances, and the Democrats are threatening him due to politics. That is indeed literally terrorism and it was Democratic politicians who were engaging in said terrorism.

I will never understand how Democrats and Liberals can be so in favor of illegal immigration unless they plan to one day use them as a voting block after granting them citizenship. That to me is the only logical reason they would want millions of non citizens to be granted the same rights and freedoms that people of our nation have. It is asinine to suggest that it is any other reason than attempting to get a huge voting block in the future.

Body-slams in Montana and bullet-to-the-head threats in Texas.

America's shiny new Republican Party.

Democrat Bob Etheridge attacks students who question him

He was receiving threats do to his political stances, and the Democrats are threatening him due to politics. That is indeed literally terrorism and it was Democratic politicians who were engaging in said terrorism.

You claiming something is "terrorism" when it's literally nothing more than vaguely ominous wording is laughable

Great stuff, ain't it?

I can still hear the swish of the backpedaling.

No no no... look just above your post. He's declaring victory after catching his own rake to the face. He didn't even read his own post and he's blaming me of not having read his post. :lol:

You claiming something is "terrorism" when it's literally nothing more than vaguely ominous wording is laughable
You're wrong. A scuffle broke out because he was being attack by Democratic terrorists.

You're wrong. A scuffle broke out because he was being attack by Democratic terrorists.

You are utterly wrong. There are no "democratic terrorists".

No no no... look just above your post. He's declaring victory after catching his own rake to the face. He didn't even read his own post and he's blaming me of not having read his post. :lol:

Ah, forsooth! I missed that little nugget of goodness.

Democrat Bob Etheridge attacks students who question him

I'm kind of wondering why he refused to say who he was. Congressman kept asking "who are you?" and never got an answer. Just "We are just doing a project". Sounds like a James O'Keefe ambush he sniffed out.

I'm kind of wondering why he refused to say who he was. Congressman kept asking "who are you?" and never got an answer. Just "We are just doing a project". Sounds like a James O'Keefe ambush he sniffed out.

Etheridge had to apologize for assaulting that student and wound up losing his seat, which prior to the altercation he was expected to hold onto.

Etheridge had to apologize for assaulting that student and wound up losing his seat, which prior to the altercation he was expected to hold onto.

I'm glad. He should've never touched him. That's out of bounds unless he was touched first. I guess you just proved that this goes to show that there are only consequences for such actions if you are a dem.

I appreciate you acknowledging the lack of quality from your posts.

And I already responded to that post and explained why it was wrong.

So not only do you continuously show you don't understand the point (even when I've directly told you the point), you defer expressing your opinion on what I supposedly misrepresented in favor of re-posting something someone else said which I already defeated and noted completely missed the point.

Another terrible post from you. What was it I said earlier?

I see which choice you made. It's a shame you didn't choose to make the first option. Sometimes you provide quality and intelligent discussion. I just wish this was one of those times.

You only think you proved that poster wrong. That is the problem. You're wholly oblivious and, apparently, lack the self-awareness to figure out why you're wrong. To clarify, leaving out the details leading up to said comments creates a false narrative. This is the basic point of the other poster and the point that you wish would go away to solidify your dishonesty as fact. However, I like to watch people try and wiggle out of their own holes so I'll continue to point out your omission.

You only think you proved that poster wrong.
No, I did, as did Ikari (in different ways). I'm not surprised you didn't bother to keep up.

To clarify, leaving out the details leading up to said comments creates a false narrative.
No, you still don't seem to get it. I'll explain again, in greater depth, and before you reply, actually take time to think about what I'm saying, rather than worrying about how to reply to what I'm saying.

The OP posted an article and then used the article to claim "Deranged Democrats". But, in the snippet he posted (and in the article), the only person who acted in a manner which could be considered anywhere close to deranged was the Republican (instigated the argument, as both I and Ikari explained, and threatened to shoot someone in the head). And, thus, I pointed out the erroneous and hyper-partisan nature of his post.

The fact I have explained this multiple times and you STILL don't get it only confirms what I've been saying to you from the beginning...if you don't understand, you should stop posting. You are clearly trying to argue the "details leading up to" justify the man's comments and, thus, he isn't deranged. While I disagree (at least in this instance, I cannot speak of the man in general and certainly ire increases the odds of one saying something stupid), that's not a valid response to what I said, as it is trying to argue against something I didn't say. My only point was that the only person who had done anything which would qualify as deranged was the Republican, ultimately making the point that the OP was being blindly partisan. Let me repeat that...the point of my post was about the partisanship of the OP, NOT about the Texas legislator. You trying to argue the "details" is pointless, as you're trying to argue over something different than what I was saying. Which means the "details leading up to" are irrelevant, for the reasons I've mentioned multiple times now. You're not even arguing about the right thing, which I've tried to get you to understand multiple times now. To provide a parallel example, if I were crafting an argument about who was better between LeBron and Jordan and you said, "But Robert Horry has more championships!" it would be equally as pointless to the comments you have made in this thread.

Just like I told the other poster:

My point

Your head

And, as I said, this is not some "high level" point I'm making, so the fact you still don't get it does not reflect well upon your ability to comprehend what you read. And I know you don't get it because if you were actually trying to craft an argument against what I truly said, you would have tried to demonstrate that some specific Democrat acted in a "deranged" manner, thus raising an argument that the OP wasn't engaging in hyper-partisanship. But you haven't attempted to do that...because you never understood what I was saying, just like the other poster didn't. All you have tried to do is defend the Republican from the attack you erroneously thought I was laying on him, which is why you keep talking about "details" "omissions" and other uesless things which have nothing to do with my point.

Allow me to say it once more...if you don't understand something, you should just stop posting. Don't get me wrong, usually I have no problem exposing the stupidity in the posts of others, but, as I said, I've just grown tired of reading posts from people who clearly don't know what they are talking about.

I'd love to see your next post admit you didn't understand. It would greatly increase my respect for you, little as I'm sure that means to you. But I suspect your next post won't say that, even though it's been blatantly obvious to anyone you did not understand.

No, I did, as did Ikari (in different ways). I'm not surprised you didn't bother to keep up.

No, you still don't seem to get it. I'll explain again, in greater depth, and before you reply, actually take time to think about what I'm saying, rather than worrying about how to reply to what I'm saying.

The OP posted an article and then used the article to claim "Deranged Democrats". But, in the snippet he posted (and in the article), the only person who acted in a manner which could be considered anywhere close to deranged was the Republican (instigated the argument, as both I and Ikari explained, and threatened to shoot someone in the head). And, thus, I pointed out the erroneous and hyper-partisan nature of his post.

How about I get into greater depth to show your inability to process reality due to your own biases. You had a legislator egging on a disruptive audience to the statehouse. Another legislator understandably didn't like said actions. He then did make the poor decision to escalate the situation that was already ongoing (Hint: It started with the Democrat legislators contributing to the situation, something you're oh so desperately trying to ignore) and said that he was going to call INS on them. Here is the context you're leaving out:

"Those rules flew out the House door when a group of protesters crashed the chamber's gallery Monday, chanting opposition to the so-called sanctuary cities ban. Legislators approved a bill this year that would force local governments to enforce federal immigration laws, what opponents call a show-me-your-papers law.

As they protested, Latino Reps. Ramon Romero and Cesar Blanco, both Democrats, waved to the noisy crowd."

So you have elected officials contributing to delinquent behavior. After that exchange it was the Democrats that made a threat on his person. You're allowed to defend your person with lethal force and it was nice of him to make sure the other person knew that physical threat of violence would result in a remedy that he wouldn't like:

"I made it clear that if he attempted to, in his words, 'get me,' I would shoot him in self defense," Rinaldi said in the statement he shared on Twitter. "I am currently under DPS protection."

There...it's all laid out in how utterly dishonest your characterization was and now it is laid bear.

A republican threatens to "put a bullet" in a democrat's head, and it's democrats who are deranged? :lol:

tl/dr yes. That's true. It's just that awful at this point to be a Dem.

How about I get into greater depth to show your inability to process reality due to your own biases. You had a legislator egging on a disruptive audience to the statehouse. Another legislator understandably didn't like said actions. He then did make the poor decision to escalate the situation that was already ongoing (Hint: It started with the Democrat legislators contributing to the situation, something you're oh so desperately trying to ignore) and said that he was going to call INS on them. Here is the context you're leaving out:

"Those rules flew out the House door when a group of protesters crashed the chamber's gallery Monday, chanting opposition to the so-called sanctuary cities ban. Legislators approved a bill this year that would force local governments to enforce federal immigration laws, what opponents call a show-me-your-papers law.

As they protested, Latino Reps. Ramon Romero and Cesar Blanco, both Democrats, waved to the noisy crowd."

So you have elected officials contributing to delinquent behavior. After that exchange it was the Democrats that made a threat on his person. You're allowed to defend your person with lethal force and it was nice of him to make sure the other person knew that physical threat of violence would result in a remedy that he wouldn't like:

"I made it clear that if he attempted to, in his words, 'get me,' I would shoot him in self defense," Rinaldi said in the statement he shared on Twitter. "I am currently under DPS protection."

There...it's all laid out in how utterly dishonest your characterization was and now it is laid bear.
You didn't even attempt to refute what I said in my last post, even deliberately omitting the part where I explained the point of my post (since we're speaking of those who misrepresent situations). If you wish to continue to engage in dishonest posting, please do it with someone else.

I clearly explained where you were wrong and rather than acknowledge it, you merely continued on with the same "details" I've already explained were worthless to my point, not even trying to put up a coherent argument I all but held your hand to make. I'm not surprised you didn't honestly address what I said, but I am disappointed nonetheless.

My quota of reading stupid and dishonest posting from others has been met. You clearly were wrong from the beginning, as I repeatedly told you and have since proven to you, but rather than simply admitting it (I can only assume because you feel it would be a crushing blow to your e-ego), you choose to dishonestly engage once more in your straw man.

I'll repeat my point once more, just so everyone can see how you chose not to address it:

Me said:
My only point was that the only person who had done anything which would qualify as deranged was the Republican, ultimately making the point that the OP was being blindly partisan. Let me repeat that...the point of my post was about the partisanship of the OP, NOT about the Texas legislator.

Have a great night and if you insist on crafting posts sans honesty, please do it with someone else.

Last edited:

You didn't even attempt to refute what I said in my last post, even deliberately omitting the part where I explained the point of my post (since we're speaking of those who misrepresent situations). If you wish to continue to engage in dishonest posting, please do it with someone else.

I clearly explained where you were wrong and rather than acknowledge it, you merely continued on with the same "details" I've already explained were worthless to my point, not even trying to put up a coherent argument I all but held your hand to make. I'm not surprised you didn't honestly address what I said, but I am disappointed nonetheless.

My quota of reading stupid and dishonest posting from others has been met. You clearly were wrong from the beginning, as I repeatedly told you and have since proven to you, but rather than simply admitting it, you choose to dishonestly engage once more in your straw man.

I'll repeat my point once more, just so everyone can see how you chose not to address it:

Have a great night and if you insist on crafting posts sans honesty, please do it with someone else.

I addressed it. The OPs assessment was not far of the mark, once everything is looked at honestly. Of course, this is a skill that you're utterly lacking so keep wallowing in ignorance. Pearls before swine.

Back
Top Bottom