• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ice raids starting this weekend

Should Trump target these families for political reasons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sad this is now how we are going to make America great. Exploiting children to pick our food. We would never be able to afford clothes without slaves picking cotton. Now we cannot afford to eat without exploiting illegal aliens. I just cannot believe people believe this is a sound immigration policy. Back to the dark ages.

Yes, both sides have a vested interest in NOT solving the problem.

Here's something to think on. The money paid to farmers for their crops only amounts to less than 15% of the cost of food. We could afford to pay farm labor a living wage and it would not affect prices at the grocery store (retail) by much. But since farmer "A" has to compete against farmer "B" whoever can save the buyer even a few cents gets the contract. That means EVERYONE has to get that price down. So if farmer "A" hires illegals and kids, farmer "B" better hire some low cost labor or sell out. It's a race to the bottom. It's the same globally; if your competitor goes offshore to cut costs, you go offshore too.

They plan to deport families living in america. I think it is disgusting. A.political stunt that is really going to hurt a lot of people.

How do you feel

What stopped them from doing it legally? Since you did not respond last time I shall ask it once more.

When Trump has nothing better to do, he hassles Mexicans and then brags about it so his followers can hate Mexicans in plain view. I just came back from Palm Springs. If every one of these dreaded Mexicans were somehow zapped back at once, the whole Coachella Valley economy would tank in as long as it takes for a green to be ruined, a fairway to grow and a weed to sprout. The idiocy of this entire issue is beyond me. I know some of you think Mexicans are the reason your life sucks but you are wrong. The reason your life sucks is because your life sucks. Mexicans are not ruining your lives. My lord.

Perhaps if the Mexicans that stole Americans jobs were zapped back to that **** hole the Americans out of work could get a job as a greens keeper?

Perhaps if the Mexicans that stole Americans jobs were zapped back to that **** hole the Americans out of work could get a job as a greens keeper?

A greens keeper is a highly skilled job, illegals are not greens keepers. My lord.

A greens keeper is a highly skilled job, illegals are not greens keepers. My lord.

This is a Straw Man... you said "Mexicans"... not greens keepers.

My lord. I never said a thing about greenskeepers you drunkard. You mentioned greens keepers.

So you are arguing that Mexicans are incapable of skilled labor... that is nice.

CP, do you know the percentage of detention centers that are privately owned?
It's almost ALL of them. They're owned and operated by private contractors.
So tell me again how no one is seeking to make money from operating detention centers.

Privately owned detention centers

Inform yourself on this issue.
The point is, if you're engaged in making a profit from detaining illegal immigrants, the last thing on earth you would want is a solution to the illegal immigration problem. If you're engaged in ANY form of private corrections, the last thing on earth you want is less crime. In fact, if you're operating a private prison and it's not full, most of the time you'd be SUING the STATE to make up the shortfall.

Private corrections of any kind are anathema to anyone who is seeking reform or solutions.
And if you're not informed on this issues, then you need to get informed.

CB, Thank you for the cordial reply. I take no exception your last sentence. I find that true of anyone.
I would make this exception to your overarching point: many enterprises spring up from the need of public goods exceeding the ability of Government to meet them. Privately funded toll roads come to mind. Unfortunately, many solutions to temporary problems become permanent Governmental post's. I would prefer a temporary solution to a problem, where the government can cancel out, over a permanent and obsolete(hopefully someday detention center will not be needed) cabinet post. I erred by saying no nne wanted to make a buck. Certainly, the folks with money invested hope the problem never goes away. To he**with them! I believe, however, no President or Congressman is making dough on it. It seems rather, a temporary though costly solution in the short term.

Regards,
CP

I picked corn and had the same problem. The sound of rock salt crashing through the corn has way of getting you to run faster than you ever thought.

I worked on a farm until I was 14. I could not get a job for more than a couple of hours that paid minimum wage because of child labor laws before I was 14. However I could work on a farm for 50 cents an hour 24/7. No child labor laws evidently for farming. Plus there were no taxes taken out. We usually worked close to 12 hours a day or more weather permitting. When harvest time came we took home a lot of free food.

When I think back about the machinery I was working around at 10 years old and the danger was unbelievable. Plus back then it wasn't everyone else's fault. Many times the oldest kid out there running the tractor and some extremely dangerous equipment was 12 years old.

My first paying job was detassling corn for Dekalb when I was 14. They paid $1.48/hour which was better than minimum wage in 1968, and far better than any other job I could get at that age. All of my prior jobs did not include cash. I saddled horses for a dude-ranch down the road from our home when I was 12, and in return I got to ride a horse of my choosing for a few hours every evening. Or I rafted through watercress farms to keep the badgers away. I never even thought about asking the farmer for money.

CB, Thank you for the cordial reply. I take no exception your last sentence. I find that true of anyone.
I would make this exception to your overarching point: many enterprises spring up from the need of public goods exceeding the ability of Government to meet them. Privately funded toll roads come to mind. Unfortunately, many solutions to temporary problems become permanent Governmental post's. I would prefer a temporary solution to a problem, where the government can cancel out, over a permanent and obsolete(hopefully someday detention center will not be needed) cabinet post. I erred by saying no nne wanted to make a buck. Certainly, the folks with money invested hope the problem never goes away. To he**with them! It seems rather, a temporary though costly solution in the short term.

Regards,
CP

I've laid out very specific reasons which cannot be disputed about the money factor in immigrant detention.
If you still believe that a free market private sector solution is better than the government operated correctional facilities, then no amount of facts will change your mind.
Perhaps you believe all government is evil and that government is utterly incapable of doing anything.
That's a hidebound and implacable mindset that cannot be reasoned with.
I could demonstrate working and functional government operations all day long and you'd just find fault with them somehow.

You believe that private industry can do it cheaper and better, I can show you examples all day long that prove the contrary, and then we'll go round and round with more nonsense about the evils of government.
And I just don't care what you think anymore, because you've never expanded your horizons on any issue whatsoever.
It's above my pay grade.

Toll roads, my butt. Almost all roads which were financed with tolls which are already paid for still have the tolls, and the reason is, private investors are getting rich off them. The roads might be paid for but there's no way the tolls will EVER go away, not without a monstrous fight.

I believe, however, no President or Congressman is making dough on it.

Of course that's what you believe.
And I believe that the moon is made of cheese, and that the Earth is flat, and that Jesus rode on dinosaurs while he was writing the Constitution, and that poor people are only poor because they're wicked.

NOT.....

This is like arguing with the mother of a child who is a known bully, where the mother smiles beatifically and says
"Oh no, my little Dougie would never do anything like that.", while her fiendish little whelp is pounding one of the neighborhood kids in the background right under her nose.

Last edited:
My first paying job was detassling corn for Dekalb when I was 14. They paid $1.48/hour which was better than minimum wage in 1968, and far better than any other job I could get at that age. All of my prior jobs did not include cash. I saddled horses for a dude-ranch down the road from our home when I was 12, and in return I got to ride a horse of my choosing for a few hours every evening. Or I rafted through watercress farms to keep the badgers away. I never even thought about asking the farmer for money.

My first real job away from home was as a part time dishwasher in a small greasy spoon diner in Minneapolis while I was going to college. I took home at most, maybe 400 a month.
But I was able to afford a 120 S.F. sardine can bachelor pad, with a tiny kitchenette built into the wall and a tiny bathroom with a tiny shower. It wasn't the Waldorf Astoria, but it was MY very own place and I could afford it.

Try doing that on a part time minimum wage job these days.

Massive illegal immigration is destroying American families. It takes away social safety net money that could be used for American families, it takes away money that could be used for poor schools, and it depresses wages. Americans will do ANY job, just not for Mexican wages.

We can accept whatever the immigration authorities tell our government we're capable of accepting.
Set a quota with those numbers in mind.

For the asylum seekers, same thing...we can't save everyone but we can set the quota.
The rest don't get in that year, or that quarter, or whatever.

For the illegals, the ones who have just gotten here, they have to be deported.
For the ones who have been here for a decade or more and have set down roots and established themselves and are being productive and trouble free, they will have to pay a stiff fine.

Merit based legal immigration is not a bad thing, it's a good thing. Liberals should accept it because that's how most countries do it, and for good reason. But ours needs to be fixed so that it is realistic.

The current political climate is almost a guarantee that NOTHING constructive will be done about our problem, because the man in power needs red meat to throw at his base.

Absent that, I am sure that both sides could come up with solutions.

I've laid out very specific reasons which cannot be disputed about the money factor in immigrant detention.
If you still believe that a free market private sector solution is better than the government operated correctional facilities, then no amount of facts will change your mind.
Perhaps you believe all government is evil and that government is utterly incapable of doing anything.
That's a hidebound and implacable mindset that cannot be reasoned with.
I could demonstrate working and functional government operations all day long and you'd just find fault with them somehow.

You believe that private industry can do it cheaper and better, I can show you examples all day long that prove the contrary, and then we'll go round and round with more nonsense about the evils of government.
And I just don't care what you think anymore, because you've never expanded your horizons on any issue whatsoever.
It's above my pay grade.

Toll roads, my butt. Almost all roads which were financed with tolls which are already paid for still have the tolls, and the reason is, private investors are getting rich off them. The roads might be paid for but there's no way the tolls will EVER go away, not without a monstrous fight.

Of course that's what you believe.
And I believe that the moon is made of cheese, and that the Earth is flat, and that Jesus rode on dinosaurs while he was writing the Constitution, and that poor people are only poor because they're wicked.

NOT.....

This is like arguing with the mother of a child who is a known bully, where the mother smiles beatifically and says
"Oh no, my little Dougie would never do anything like that.", while her fiendish little whelp is pounding one of the neighborhood kids in the background right under her nose.

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of my reasoning. I sense you becoming riled up. I merely made a few points that I hold. I enjoy your post and sometimes corresponding with you Rather than risk distressing you, or having you hold me in low regard, I will stop here. I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this point.
See you later on a different topic, perhaps.

Regards,
CP

I'm sorry you have such a low opinion of my reasoning. I sense you becoming riled up. I merely made a few points that I hold. I enjoy your post and sometimes corresponding with you Rather than risk distressing you, or having you hold me in low regard, I will stop here. I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree on this point.
See you later on a different topic, perhaps.

Regards,
CP

I don't hold a low opinion of your reasoning, for the simple fact that you refuse to engage in any.
Profit before service is great when you're selling gasoline or dresses or lobster dinners or new cars. Make as much money as you possibly can and the market will separate the winners and losers as it always does.

Profit before service is the worst possible option when that service is a required thing that separates civilization from barbarity.

It's just that simple.
And I don't believe for one second that you give two and a half rat's asses about my opinion of you either.
You're just really good at masking your hidebound and immovable beliefs behind a smiling mask of "concern".
Thanks for "taking my temperature" and expressing even more "concern" about me "becoming riled up".

It's so touching!

I don't hold a low opinion of your reasoning, for the simple fact that you refuse to engage in any.
Profit before service is great when you're selling gasoline or dresses or lobster dinners or new cars. Make as much money as you possibly can and the market will separate the winners and losers as it always does.

It's just that simple.
And I don't believe for one second that you give two and a half rat's asses about my opinion of you either.
You're just really good at masking your hidebound and immovable beliefs behind a smiling mask of "concern".
Thanks for "taking my temperature" and expressing even more "concern" about me "becoming riled up".

It's so touching!

You will have to admit, I tried the high road. My opinion of your post remains respectful. That being said:I don't expect that someone who would kill over checkers to be too open to a polite kiss off. So, let's proceed a bit:

Profit before service is the worst possible option when that service is a required thing that separates civilization from barbarity.
What barbarity offends you? Are you suggesting some sort of register where barbarism is more profitable? Please cite some cases. I went to your offered site and saw only that some are in the black while operating as contractors to the Government. What would be the result if they didn't turn a profit? It isn't the Red Cross operating the holding yard. I promise you, I won't partner with anyone who won't allow me a ROI. Would you?
Have you somehow lost sight of the fact that these holding pens aren't for Jews, Armenians or Hutsi's? They are for criminals! You understand that crossing our border illegally is criminal, or do you? Maybe that is the problem. You either don't understand or you don't care about law AND ORDER! Either way, your view is jaundiced and hopelessly romantic!
Of course private roads have been re-paid and they continue collecting. That is called profit. Keep in mind, those private roads are optional, and you are free to sit in on the Government provided roads, or pay. That is called capitalism. I gather you have little to no respect for that, but America was built with that system and with a President like Trump, we will continue to grow, whether some flower children deign it greedy, or not.
And, finally, I genuinely do enjoy reading your opinions, but I don't want touch you anywhere
Regards,
CP

You will have to admit, I tried the high road. My opinion of your post remains respectful. That being said:I don't expect that someone who would kill over checkers to be too open to a polite kiss off. So, let's proceed a bit:

Let's not and say we did. My nickname is an old joke, and that's about it.

What barbarity offends you? Are you suggesting some sort of register where barbarism is more profitable? Please cite some cases.

What are you even talking about now? What is a register? I'm talking about the barbarity of leaving children without basic sanitary needs. Register what? A cash register? You're way off into something I don't even want to know about.

I went to your offered site and saw only that some are in the black while operating as contractors to the Government. What would be the result if they didn't turn a profit?

Here is the result when private prisons don't turn a profit...they SUE the state because of empty beds.

It isn't the Red Cross operating the holding yard. I promise you, I won't partner with anyone who won't allow me a ROI. Would you?
Have you somehow lost sight of the fact that these holding pens aren't for Jews, Armenians or Hutsi's? They are for criminals! You understand that crossing our border illegally is criminal, or do you? Maybe that is the problem. You either don't understand or you don't care about law AND ORDER! Either way, your view is jaundiced and hopelessly romantic!

They're children.
Well guess what, I'll leave it to you to prosecute the little nine year old Capones.

Of course private roads have been re-paid and they continue collecting. That is called profit. Keep in mind, those private roads are optional, and you are free to sit in on the Government provided roads, or pay. That is called capitalism. I gather you have little to no respect for that, but America was built with that system and with a President like Trump, we will continue to grow, whether some flower children deign it greedy, or not.

Toll roads are not private roads. They're roads for use by the general public. They are patrolled by law enforcement the same as public roads. An example of a private road would be your driveway if it was long enough to be driven on, or an orchard road on a farm, or a throughfare built entirely on private property for the exclusive use of the property owners, or a test track owned by a car manufacturer. Toll roads are NOT private roads. They're just privately financed through tolls.

And your smarmy little comments about me not respecting capitalism don't impress me either.
But it was entertaining to see you drop the mask and reveal your true self, a bitter person who isn't the least bit concerned about anything except their own butt, and who harbors a secret suspicion that liberals are all America hating capitalism bashing "flower children".

Which is what I surmised the very second I saw a handle that reads "concerned".

Let's not and say we did. My nickname is an old joke, and that's about it.

What are you even talking about now? What is a register? I'm talking about the barbarity of leaving children without basic sanitary needs. Register what? A cash register? You're way off into something I don't even want to know about.

Here is the result when private prisons don't turn a profit...they SUE the state because of empty beds.

They're children.
Well guess what, I'll leave it to you to prosecute the little nine year old Capones.

Toll roads are not private roads. They're roads for use by the general public. They are patrolled by law enforcement the same as public roads. An example of a private road would be your driveway if it was long enough to be driven on, or an orchard road on a farm, or a throughfare built entirely on private property for the exclusive use of the property owners, or a test track owned by a car manufacturer. Toll roads are NOT private roads. They're just privately financed through tolls.

And your smarmy little comments about me not respecting capitalism don't impress me either.
But it was entertaining to see you drop the mask and reveal your true self, a bitter person who isn't the least bit concerned about anything except their own butt, and who harbors a secret suspicion that liberals are all America hating capitalism bashing "flower children".

Which is what I surmised the very second I saw a handle that reads "concerned".

I tried to qualify my previous post, but it exceeded the word count allowed. I will just add this little piece...You worry about the MILLIONS of 9 year olds that are being subjected the laws of the nation, and I will worry about Americans.
Regards,
CP

They plan to deport families living in america. I think it is disgusting. A.political stunt that is really going to hurt a lot of people.

How do you feel

What I don't get about this is why announce it? This has nothing to do with doing the right things, or simply removing people who shouldn't be for this administration. This has everything to do with Trump pandering to his idiotic supporters. This would be far more effective without giving everyone a heads up. Trump doesn't actually care about that. He only cares that he gets credit for trying.

I tried to qualify my previous post, but it exceeded the word count allowed. I will just add this little piece...You worry about the MILLIONS of 9 year olds that are being subjected the laws of the nation, and I will worry about Americans.
Regards,
CP

No no, you already called them out as little Al Capones.
I think that ultimately if Unter-fuhrer Stephen Miller gets his wishes granted, the dog and cat food companies of America will be getting a brand new source for their meat.
You can't make money off of burning folks in ovens but grinding them up for feed is lucrative.

Can't let all those dead children go to waste, you know...

stephen-miller-indicted-324x160.jpg

What I don't get about this is why announce it? This has nothing to do with doing the right things, or simply removing people who shouldn't be for this administration. This has everything to do with Trump pandering to his idiotic supporters. This would be far more effective without giving everyone a heads up. Trump doesn't actually care about that. He only cares that he gets credit for trying.

His supporters INCLUDE all the folks who own private detention centers.
The very LAST thing on Earth they want is a solution that stops the flow of illegals into our country.
That would dry up their bottom line, are you kidding?

They want MORE and MORE illegals to come in.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

His supporters INCLUDE all the folks who own private detention centers.
The very LAST thing on Earth they want is a solution that stops the flow of illegals into our country.
That would dry up their bottom line, are you kidding?

They want MORE and MORE illegals to come in.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Well put.

How do you feel
At first I was like "Ice raids? Why is someone raiding a place for ice? So I was interested.

But now I realize it's just more of the same bull**** we'be been seeing for months, just a bit more added on top.

It's how they get you comfortable, the gradual increases.

No no, you already called them out as little Al Capones.
I think that ultimately if Unter-fuhrer Stephen Miller gets his wishes granted, the dog and cat food companies of America will be getting a brand new source for their meat.
You can't make money off of burning folks in ovens but grinding them up for feed is lucrative.

Can't let all those dead children go to waste, you know...

View attachment 67258703

CBS, I never once referred to illegal immigrant children, or any other child, as little Capones. That cheap shot worries me about you. You used to be reasonable and worthy of discussion. What in heaven's name has turned you into such a flaming prevaricator?
Regards,
P

CBS, I never once referred to illegal immigrant children, or any other child, as little Capones. That cheap shot worries me about you. You used to be reasonable and worthy of discussion. What in heaven's name has turned you into such a flaming prevaricator?
Regards,
P

[QUOTE-concernedpuma]
It isn't the Red Cross operating the holding yard. I promise you, I won't partner with anyone who won't allow me a ROI. Would you?
Have you somehow lost sight of the fact that these holding pens aren't for Jews, Armenians or Hutsi's? They are for criminals! [/QUOTE]

Look, if it turns out that Mexican detention centers are treating people better than our own, will you at least admit that we need to take a serious look at the business of warehousing people for profit, something you previously said did not even exist?

(Do I HAVE to pull up your post where you said that you didn't think anyone is making a fortune off it or will you be honest and admit that you had no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes?)

Now that Mexico has agreed to do more to waylay people crossing their country for our border, someone will be looking at conditions in these Mexican detention centers.

[QUOTE-concernedpuma]
Have you somehow lost sight of the fact that these holding pens aren't for Jews, Armenians or Hutsi's? They are for criminals!

Look, if it turns out that Mexican detention centers are treating people better than our own, will you at least admit that we need to take a serious look at the business of warehousing people for profit, something you previously said did not even exist?

(Do I HAVE to pull up your post where you said that you didn't think anyone is making a fortune off it or will you be honest and admit that you had no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes?)

Now that Mexico has agreed to do more to waylay people crossing their country for our border, someone will be looking at conditions in these Mexican detention centers.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can see where you inaccurately paraphrase me, either for purpose of argument or accuracy, only you know that.
I never said Little Capone, did I? You know I didn't. You used that term, didn't you? I did say criminal. Illegal immigration is a crime, ergo illegal. You know that, right?

Regards,
CP

Back
Top Bottom