• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ice raids starting this weekend

Should Trump target these families for political reasons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ICE plans to *gasp* do its job and actually deport the foreign nationals who the courts have said need to go. BTW, when did enforcing the federal law become political?

The left is so full of hate they are now supporting lawless behavior over law abiding. SAD.

I wasn't aware Trump's policy was any different. But I was aware he's not as successful as Obama with border security, deportation, or fence construction. So, I figured this was Trumpian PR to rally his base, in response to his being less effective.

You can thank the bought and paid for puppets in congress that will not work with Trump to solve the immigration problem in this country. I think we need to impeach most of congress not Trump.

They plan to deport families living in america. I think it is disgusting. A.political stunt that is really going to hurt a lot of people.

How do you feel

Piss poor poll!

Everyone that will be arrested and then deported has had their time in court and have been given deportation orders. Nothing like enforcing our federal law!
Don't come here illegally and you won't have federal agents come to your door to pick you up.

I really do hate the thought of actually physically rounding-up men, women, and children. It disgusts me. But, how else do you do it? If a citizen skips-out on a court hearing, a warrant is issued and they get picked-up sooner or later. Why would a non-citizen be treated any differently?

But the real problem is the porous border, the fly-in visitor overstayers, and the laws that allow the situation to get out-of-hand. The aforementioned have put us in a position where we have to decide to allow non-citizens to evade the law, or we have to take them into custody. It's sad, that we're put into a position to have to do something as unseemly as this.

This is the end result of rewarding bad behavior for 50+ years. This lie by these lawless people claiming asylum after they have already refused asylum from Mexico is ridiculous. They should be deporting these losers by the minute in court. If you are from central America and refused asylum at the border of Mexico you can forget asylum in this country should be the answer in court.

They plan to deport families living in america. I think it is disgusting. A.political stunt that is really going to hurt a lot of people.

How do you feel

Sorry but the laws of this country apply to me as well as these people. If I break the law and the authorities come and arrest me that is not disgusting but the right thing to do. What is disgusting is people supporting these lawless people when millions of law abiding people are waiting decades to come to this country. I think it is disgusting that you think people breaking our laws should get rewarded and the law abiding people all over the world should get punished for respecting our laws and the citizens of this country who made these laws.

Sorry but the laws of this country apply to me as well as these people. If I break the law and the authorities come and arrest me that is not disgusting but the right thing to do. What is disgusting is people supporting these lawless people when millions of law abiding people are waiting decades to come to this country. I think it is disgusting that you think people breaking our laws should get rewarded and the law abiding people all over the world should get punished for respecting our laws and the citizens of this country who made these laws.

It is so very hard to understand why the Psalm singing ultra-left refuses to live in the real world, isn't it? I would sure like to read anything you can post that would help me understand where all the silliness originates. In the meantime, I just don't understand..
Regards,
CP

I'm going to take a wild guess and figure that almost everyone or maybe every single one who is getting picked up has already been issued deportation orders. That's because actually getting someone out of the country isn't usually a one stop shopping process. It never has been.

In the past, if you got picked up and you had a criminal record, you wound up in jail, then court, then jail again until either you serve your time or your deportation orders are processed, then you're deported.

If you got picked up and did not have a criminal record you wound up in court first, then your orders get processed, and at some point soon after, specifically anytime after the orders are issued, you get picked up and sent back to your country.

But they might not come for you for a little while, depending on whether they consider you a flight risk.
The courts did not automatically consider every single illegal alien a flight risk.

Today, in this administration, maybe all of that has changed, maybe even drastically.
Maybe once you've been issued the orders, you're detained at one of those "great money making private detention centers".

This I do not know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The left is so full of hate they are now supporting lawless behavior over law abiding. SAD.

Not when it comes to the POTUS's supposed lawlessness though. Oh well then, that's different!
Hypocrites!

I'm going to take a wild guess and figure that almost everyone or maybe every single one who is getting picked up has already been issued deportation orders. That's because actually getting someone out of the country isn't usually a one stop shopping process. It never has been.

In the past, if you got picked up and you had a criminal record, you wound up in jail, then court, then jail again until either you serve your time or your deportation orders are processed, then you're deported.

If you got picked up and did not have a criminal record you wound up in court first, then your orders get processed, and at some point soon after, specifically anytime after the orders are issued, you get picked up and sent back to your country.

But they might not come for you for a little while, depending on whether they consider you a flight risk.
The courts did not automatically consider every single illegal alien a flight risk.

Today, in this administration, maybe all of that has changed, maybe even drastically.
Maybe once you've been issued the orders, you're detained at one of those "great money making private detention centers".

This I do not know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

CB, you made your typical good sense, but friend, why did you feel the need to add the last sentence? That was beneath you and should be on some Conspiracy board. No one is seeking to make a buck on upholding the law. You know that.
Regards,
CP

How do you feel

I feel fine.

For goodness' sake.

Nobody is going to be deported.

The unauthorized immigrants' advocates will shop around for sympathetic judges who will put a stop to it.

President Trump (bless his little heart) is trying to enforce our immigration laws.

The poor guy will soon find out that both the Dems and powerful Republicans WANT more and more unauthorized immigrants.

His hands are tied.

His supporters understand that and will forgive him.

Nothing and no one can stand in the way of the millions of uninvited guests who are on their way.

It is so very hard to understand why the Psalm singing ultra-left refuses to live in the real world, isn't it? I would sure like to read anything you can post that would help me understand where all the silliness originates. In the meantime, I just don't understand..
Regards,
CP

All you have to do is look at the millions shouting Heil Hitler. The media is a powerful tool. The rich and powerful own our media and both parties which gives them control over the government and the people. Another example is the loyal following created by the Hitler youth movement. We are a social animal. We will go along with the group. The herd mentality.

Not when it comes to the POTUS's supposed lawlessness though. Oh well then, that's different!
Hypocrites!

No I do not support witch hunts or the violation of our 4th amendment to force Trump to show private documents without a warrant. No I don't support most of the lawless behavior by the left.

CB, you made your typical good sense, but friend, why did you feel the need to add the last sentence? That was beneath you and should be on some Conspiracy board. No one is seeking to make a buck on upholding the law. You know that.
Regards,
CP

CP, do you know the percentage of detention centers that are privately owned?
It's almost ALL of them. They're owned and operated by private contractors.
So tell me again how no one is seeking to make money from operating detention centers.

Privately owned detention centers

Inform yourself on this issue.
The point is, if you're engaged in making a profit from detaining illegal immigrants, the last thing on earth you would want is a solution to the illegal immigration problem. If you're engaged in ANY form of private corrections, the last thing on earth you want is less crime. In fact, if you're operating a private prison and it's not full, most of the time you'd be SUING the STATE to make up the shortfall.

Private corrections of any kind are anathema to anyone who is seeking reform or solutions.
And if you're not informed on this issues, then you need to get informed.

Typical deplorable statement

why have our employers been inviting them here for.decades

No problem here in America employing illegal immigrants. But politically they are.the criminals NOT THE EMPLOYER! What a bunch of hypocritical BS

If you can't see the picture you are a blind and brainwashed deplorable.

It is a sick political stunt!

Ignorant statements.

Employers do get hammered and fined.

And those that are employed illegally often use forged/stolen documents. Another crime.

We here in Southern California aren't as "blind and brainwashed" as those calling others "deplorable".

Ignorant statements.

And those that are employed illegally often use forged/stolen documents. Another crime.

We here in Southern California aren't as "blind and brainwashed" as those calling others "deplorable".

Not if their paperwork is in order

Ever filled out an I-9? Ever bothered to read the instructions on an I-9?

If you ever do you will wonder why our government makes it so easy to hire illegal labor legally.

Not if their paperwork is in order

Ever filled out an I-9? Ever bothered to read the instructions on an I-9?

If you ever do you will wonder why our government makes it so easy to hire illegal labor legally.

My wife works in the farming industry in Southern California....

Farms regularly get hammered for hiring illegal workers.

My wife works in the farming industry in Southern California....

Farms regularly get hammered for hiring illegal workers.

Then they don't have properly filled out I-9's on all their workers. If you have a.properly filled.out I-9 with a copy of the fake green card and fake social security card on file then the employer has complied with the law. Now the worker will probably be carried off in an ICE bus.

Again this is all just another episode in the Trump show. His supporters will get a semi over the giddy prospect of rounding up brown people but in reality the cases will be bogged down in the courts and the 'mass deportations' will fail to materialize. Trump gets to claim he's only doing it because he couldn't 'get a deal' (I thought he was the great dealmaker?) from the Democrats: this you may recall, was his line even when they didn't hold the House. In the meantime the media focuses on his latest 'crisis' (just this month we've had Mexico tariffs and Iran) which dominates a week or two of news before Trump gets bored and declares 'victory'.

His base are being played. They won't get their deportations; they'll only get Trump on TV and Twitter pretending to be a tough guy and claiming it worked when nothing's changed in the end.

TBH Trump doesn't want the 'border crisis' solved. If that was off the table people might start noticing he's fleecing them out of their healthcare and his taxes only helped the rich. He needs to stoke fear right up to the election - his Orlando rally showed he has no new tricks - and so migrants will continue to be the bugbear for him and his base.

Ignorant statements.

Employers only get "hammered and fined" when they knowingly hire illegal aliens. If an employer complies with federal immigration laws and verifies with the federal government that the applicant can be legally employed through e-verify, then the employer cannot be charged for employing an illegal alien.

How do you feel

They were already given deportation orders and haven't left.

Hell yes. Remove them.

Again this is all just another episode in the Trump show. His supporters will get a semi over the giddy prospect of rounding up brown people but in reality the cases will be bogged down in the courts and the 'mass deportations' will fail to materialize. Trump gets to claim he's only doing it because he couldn't 'get a deal' (I thought he was the great dealmaker?) from the Democrats: this you may recall, was his line even when they didn't hold the House. In the meantime the media focuses on his latest 'crisis' (just this month we've had Mexico tariffs and Iran) which dominates a week or two of news before Trump gets bored and declares 'victory'.

His base are being played. They won't get their deportations; they'll only get Trump on TV and Twitter pretending to be a tough guy and claiming it worked when nothing's changed in the end.

TBH Trump doesn't want the 'border crisis' solved. If that was off the table people might start noticing he's fleecing them out of their healthcare and his taxes only helped the rich. He needs to stoke fear right up to the election - his Orlando rally showed he has no new tricks - and so migrants will continue to be the bugbear for him and his base.

Trump has other problems facing him in 2020. Like how to explain to his base why he has kept none of his 2016 campaign promises. There is still no wall on the southern border. Mexico is not paying for it. ObamaCare is still law of the land, and has not been repealed. And the US is still party to the Paris Agreement under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change. Oh yea, and he has only added to the "swamp," not cleared it as promised.

Back
Top Bottom