• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I refuse to vote for Mitt Romney

If Massatusetts wants state-run healthcare, let them have it. If Romney as the exec of MA wanted to give it to them, fine.

It's been a few years now. They're seeing how it's working. Are they allowed to reconsider? Is Romney?

And the libs trying to pass as cons and giving voting advice is cute, but by now trite.

Sure man, vote with your heart. I just hope your head realizes that voting for a fringe candidate like Santorum, Bachmann, Paul, perhaps Perry at this point doesn't really achieve anything. :shrug:

Perhaps if people actually actually voted with their hearts instead of just voting for the lesser of two evils we wouldn't be stuck with these lousy politicians.

I was thinking last night, as a Tea Partier, can I deal with Obama 4 more years so Marco Rubio can run in '16? I know the libs are afraid of Rubio because he is a conservative, smarter, and a more experienced version of Obama. He is capable of carrying the hispanic vote, which has become a huge piece of the pie. He is young, a decent looking guy, has a great back story. Libs have already started attacking the guy about the story of how his parents came here. I don't know where our country will be if Obama gets re-elected. I've always heard that if you want to see the real version of President, watch him in his second term when he doesn't have to worry about his re-election or politics anymore. I would hate to see the real version of this President. If he is this left wing in a re-election year, imagine how bad he'll be when he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected. Wow, that's a scary thought. The question is, can we struggle through 4 more years of this to get to a better candidate? I don't think we can. I think we have to vote for whomever gets the GOP nom and hope for the best. It sucks, I know. I don't like the likely winners. Romney's weak and Gingrich is a pompous, arrogant, jerk. Something has to change though and this is the next chance we get to change it. The Tea Party is still outnumbered in the House and probably will remain that way with the demonization of them by the left wing media and the compassion for moderate GOPrs by the right wing media. Don't you love when people do what they said they were going to do when they got elected and get punished for it?

If Massatusetts wants state-run healthcare, let them have it. If Romney as the exec of MA wanted to give it to them, fine.

It's been a few years now. They're seeing how it's working. Are they allowed to reconsider? Is Romney?

And the libs trying to pass as cons and giving voting advice is cute, but by now trite.

From what I know, it simply hasn't made that much of a difference in Massachusetts. People are either for it, okay with it, or simply don't care one way or the other because at the end of the day the change isn't all that drastic. But remember this: the individual mandate originated as a Republican idea. To many people seem to forget that.

I was thinking last night, as a Tea Partier, can I deal with Obama 4 more years so Marco Rubio can run in '16? I know the libs are afraid of Rubio because he is a conservative, smarter, and a more experienced version of Obama. He is capable of carrying the hispanic vote, which has become a huge piece of the pie. He is young, a decent looking guy, has a great back story. Libs have already started attacking the guy about the story of how his parents came here. I don't know where our country will be if Obama gets re-elected. I've always heard that if you want to see the real version of President, watch him in his second term when he doesn't have to worry about his re-election or politics anymore. I would hate to see the real version of this President. If he is this left wing in a re-election year, imagine how bad he'll be when he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected. Wow, that's a scary thought. The question is, can we struggle through 4 more years of this to get to a better candidate? I don't think we can. I think we have to vote for whomever gets the GOP nom and hope for the best. It sucks, I know. I don't like the likely winners. Romney's weak and Gingrich is a pompous, arrogant, jerk. Something has to change though and this is the next chance we get to change it. The Tea Party is still outnumbered in the House and probably will remain that way with the demonization of them by the left wing media and the compassion for moderate GOPrs by the right wing media. Don't you love when people do what they said they were going to do when they got elected and get punished for it?

Yep, that's usually what happens when someone's platform is regarded as extreme by most. The Affordable Care Act is essentially the same thing. It was Obama fulfilling a campaign promise and getting killed for it as well.

Perhaps if people actually actually voted with their hearts instead of just voting for the lesser of two evils we wouldn't be stuck with these lousy politicians.

Yeah...I don't think that's really the problem. The number of people whose hearts lie with Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Paul and Santorum are simply in the minority. I don't really blame them at this point because the GOP has fielded the Junior Varsity this election season. I suspect 2016 will produce a number of much stronger candidates.

I was thinking a Rubio / Christie ticket would be insanely awesome. (or vice-versa).

As a staunch tea party conservative, I take the position that I will vote for any Republican in the field... except for Mitt Romney.

I cannot in my right mind vote for a Massachusetts progressive who practically authored the Obamacare law - I simply won't do it.

I'm not buying the "anybody but Obama" rhetoric Glenn Beck and the right wing media is spouting out.

If it comes to Romeny vs Obama, I will personally sit this election out.

Do other conservatives feel the same way?

Then just cast a vote for the moderate, Obama.

Yeah...I don't think that's really the problem. The number of people whose hearts lie with Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, Paul and Santorum are simply in the minority. I don't really blame them at this point because the GOP has fielded the Junior Varsity this election season. I suspect 2016 will produce a number of much stronger candidates.
Seeing how a lot of republican's attitude is a ****ty republican is better than no republican or that a vote for anyone else but a republican is a vote for Obama I seriously doubt that. Those people could care less if the guy running is practically the same as the guy they oppose just as long as he or she has a R next to their name.

Seeing how a lot of republican's attitude is a ****ty republican is better than no republican or that a vote for anyone else but a republican is a vote for Obama I seriously doubt that. Those people could care less if the guy running is practically the same as the guy they oppose just as long as he or she has a R next to their name.

Yep.

But don't you think that not caring about reality, facts, etc. is a problem?

Yep.

But don't you think that not caring about reality, facts, etc. is a problem?

The root of the problem partisanship.Not caring about reality is just a side effect of the problem.

To be fair, a lot of democrats' attitudes are the same.

Liberals will thank you for voting for Romney.

I'd rather have Romney picking Ruth bader Ginsburg's replacement on the Supreme Court with the "help" of Orrin Hatch and Rob Portman than Obama who will be guided by Chuck Schumer and DIane FeinSwine

I'd rather have Romney picking Ruth bader Ginsburg's replacement on the Supreme Court with the "help" of Orrin Hatch and Rob Portman than Obama who will be guided by Chuck Schumer and DIane FeinSwine

Hugo Chavez being your definition of a "liberal"?

James, why don't you handle these...

The root of the problem partisanship.Not caring about reality is just a side effect of the problem.

Exactly.

I mean, comparing Obama to Hugo Chavez, is the most moronic of Beck-Hannity far-right talking points. Completely detached from reality.

If someone like John McCain who is considered more conservative than Mitt Romney voted to confirm Ginsburg what makes you think Romney would choose different? Romney is liberal, no lib is going to appoint a conservative justice.
Senate, 96-3, Easily Affirms Judge Ginsburg as a Justice - NYTimes.com
U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Romney even has a record of appointing liberal judges.
Poor Richard's News - Mitt Romney is a Liberal, Part 2: Romney appointed liberal judges
Blue Mass Group | Romney’s craven dodge on judicial appointments
http://www.amycontrada.com/Romney_s_Judiciary.html

Last edited:
Yep, that's usually what happens when someone's platform is regarded as extreme by most. The Affordable Care Act is essentially the same thing. It was Obama fulfilling a campaign promise and getting killed for it as well.
Obama is not getting killed about Obamacare by anyone other than GOP Presidential candidates and a few conservative talk show hosts. He gets a pass on every single major news outlet besides Fox. No one on MSNBC or CNN has come out and said how stupid that plan is or even honestly evaluated it for that matter. Come on, its been done to death in Canada and virtually every European country. Canada dumped it and Europe is tanking. There's a lot of stuff Obama is doing that is debatable of whether it works or not. Obamacare isn't debatable. IT WON'T WORK and we have proof already. I would say you can pick Iraq or the plus up in Afghanistan as a campaign promise he's keeping and getting killed on. Obamacare isn't a good example IMO.
BTW, I am aware the individual mandate is originally a Republican idea. I don't care. It's still wrong. That's not directed at you, I just know someone is going to say it. Pre-emptive strike lol.

If it's between Romney, Obama, and a third party (Trump, Paul, or anyone else) chances are that I will vote 3rd party.

This is further fuel to the fire in my mind that the tea party needs to break away from the Republicans and form our own party.

No, I do not.

Voting for the lesser of two evils is nothing new to me. I'm actually getting used to it.... might as well, that's what we always end up with.

At this point in time there is NO point in voting 3rd party except as a token protest that will go all but unnoticed.

Here's the thing... you have to vote for something you believe in. I can't, for the life of me, hold my nose and vote for Romney.

I think if its between Romeny and Obama... Obama will win anyway. The "base" (that would be people like me) will not come out and support Romeny in droves. The Republicans are always taking us for granted, and it will cost them.

Here is the problem with that - By voting the lesser of two evils, there is no incentive for the Democratic and Republican parties to change their thieving ways. Sure, the Libertarian party will only get about 5% of the vote, but the GOP can say to itself "If that vote goes to us, we can win". But, until they mend their ways, that 5% stays off the table for them. I, for one, am not going to whore my vote out to a party that stopped representing me more than a decade ago.

Exactly. I don't know why you and I understand this, but the Republican strategists that are paid the big bucks can't figure it out. True conservatives aren't coming out in droves for Romeny, no matter what they do. It isn't going to happen.

True, but Huntsman, Bachman and Santorum are vying for the same block of votes as Gingrich, Paul and formerly Cain. If...and it is a huge if...Huntsman was nominated he'd have a better chance than Mitt. I'm not saying Huntsman will get nominated or is anything more lasting than a snow ball in hell. I'm just saying he's more suited for beating Obama than the rest of the field.

Mitt's problem is that he's cornered his entire base and it is only 20% ish. After the primary, he won't get anything other than "hold your nose" votes from registered Republicans.

I don't care. That argument holds no weight with me. I will NOT vote for someone I don't support... that's on principle. If anything, I'll vote 3rd party. If the rest of America wants to vote for Obama, so be it.

President Obama thanks you for your support

That's a cop-out. Romeny is not a conservative, even if they try to dress him up and sell him to us as one. He is not one of us.

I don't care. That argument holds no weight with me. I will NOT vote for someone I don't support... that's on principle. If anything, I'll vote 3rd party. If the rest of America wants to vote for Obama, so be it.
Cool. Then you have no reason to bitch or complain about anything Obama does if he's re-elected.

Back
Top Bottom