• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Human Composting

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
https://www.npr.org/sections/health...posting-lets-you-replenish-the-earth-after-de

What are your thoughts on this? Especially those of you with very religious ideologies.

I ask because:

Opposition has mainly come from religious institutions that consider human composting "undignified,"

Things are changing:
Seven states have legalized human composting to date

So DP regulars, what ya think here?
Would you want to be composted? Why, or why not?

I'm all for it.
Kinda shocked that it's illegal in vast majority of the USofA, but then again we are rather back-asswards when it comes to common sense stuff.

I would prefer to be buried than cremated, but it's much more expensive. I'd like it best if my body could be buried on a friend's land, and they could plant a fruit tree on top of my body.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...posting-lets-you-replenish-the-earth-after-de

What are your thoughts on this? Especially those of you with very religious ideologies.

I ask because:

Things are changing:

I'm all for it.
Kinda shocked that it's illegal in vast majority of the USofA, but then again we are rather back-asswards when it comes to common sense stuff.

I suppose I wouldn't care if I get composted.
In the end, that's what dead bodies are when they become dust into the earth..................right?
Plants can grow out of them.

Lol - I don't even care if I get a cardboard for a coffin. :)

It's the way they handle the body though - even if it's just a body, it deserves dignity.
There is a law against causing indignity to a body, am I right?

I don't think I wanna get used for a green ad! 😁

Last edited:
I suppose I wouldn't care if I get composted.
In the end, that's what dead bodies are when they become dust into the earth..................right?
Plants can grow out of them.

Lol - I don't even care if I get a cardboard for a coffin. :)

amen. we abandon our old worn out bodies and God gives us new ones.

compost happens to all life on the planet, so what is the point?

It's the way they handle the body though - even if it's just a body, it deserves dignity.
There is a law against causing indignity to a body, am I right?

I don't think I wanna get used for a green ad! 😁

Wouldn't bother me...

amen. we abandon our old worn out bodies and God gives us new ones.

What is this? Does God promise us a life as new born babies?

compost happens to all life on the planet, so what is the point?

Well actually, most animal life goes to feed predators or scavengers. Ultimately it goes to bacteria (a part of compost) but why would you ignore the lives along the way? Particularly when it includes humans (the ultimate predators)?

So you think you're gonna get a new physical body?

The Bible describes it as SPIRITUAL BODY.
Yes, it's also physical. But, immortal.

Jesus was raised in a physical body, with “flesh and bones” (Luke 24:39). We will be raised like He was (Romans 6:5).
The Lord, in His power, “will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body” (Philippians 3:21).
These passages alone prove the bodily resurrection of the saints.

Earlier in the chapter, Paul lays the foundation for his discussion of the spiritual body: “Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another” (1 Corinthians 15:39).

Note the illustration of differing kinds of flesh:
• fish have a body perfectly suited for their life in the water
• birds have a body perfectly suited for flying through the air
• animals have a body perfectly suited for their needs in the animal kingdom
• people have a body perfectly suited for life on this earthly plane

So, here’s Paul’s point: after the resurrection, we will have a body perfectly suited for life in heaven (that is, on the New Earth in eternity, Revelation 21:1).
The “spiritual body” will be made of flesh (like Jesus’ body is), but a different kind of flesh than what we have now.

So you think you're gonna get a new physical body?

yep, Jesus demonstrated a glorified body at his Resurrection.

the new body God gives....

As imperishable bodies, they will no longer suffer from sickness and death, nor will they ever be subject to heat and cold or hunger and thirst. Our new bodies will be honorable in that they will not be shamed or shameful because of sin. When Adam and Eve sinned, the first thing they felt was shame because of their nakedness (Genesis 3:6–7). Although the Bible doesn’t portray glorified bodies as being naked, but rather clothed in white garments (Revelation 3:4–5, 18), they will be pure and undefiled by sin. Our earthly bodies are “weak” in many ways. Not only are we subject to the natural laws of gravity and time/space, we are weakened by sin and its temptations. Our glorified bodies will be empowered by the Spirit that owns us, and weakness will be no more.

Just as our earthly bodies are perfectly suited to life on earth, our resurrected bodies will be suited for life in eternity. We will have form and solidity to the touch (Luke 24:39–40). We will likely be able to enjoy food, but will not be driven to it by necessity or fleshly desire (Luke 24:41–43). And like Moses and Elijah, we will be able to bathe in the glory of our Maker in the fellowship of His dear Son (Matthew 17:2–3; Philippians 3:10). The bodies we inherit will be more like what God originally intended, rather than what we now abide in. Gone will be the infirmity and weakness of our sinful flesh; rather, we will be glorified with Christ, and that glory will extend to the bodies we will inhabit. https://www.gotquestions.org/glorified-bodies.html

april 8 hits all month long, blessings

What is this? Does God promise us a life as new born babies?

babies?

hardly we done with that phase. we will have glorified bodies for eternity.

Well actually, most animal life goes to feed predators or scavengers. Ultimately it goes to bacteria (a part of compost) but why would you ignore the lives along the way? Particularly when it includes humans (the ultimate predators)?

compost

Throw my carcass to the coyotes.

What color will your skin be?

racist cards and politics not played in heaven.

get over it, most people see this as a tired old divisive tactic of the left that hates people anyway.

in heaven we wont deal with the evil people, they gone. they wanted Toaster oven, so God let's them go

I ask because:

Things are changing:

I'm all for it.
I don't see a problem with human composting. It seems environmentally friendly and a practical use for a corpse becoming organic fertilizer. It might save on land space used for cemeteries.

The left hates people? Are you sure of this?

who runs our major cities, check on that and see what happened to them while asleep at the stick....

wanna know what happened to the cities? well good, your friends in Dee Cee seem to approve...

If America is heading in the right direction, why have so many of our major cities become cesspools of violence, drugs, theft, trash and homelessness? Once upon a time, millions of young people from all over America flocked to our rapidly growing metropolitan areas. Today, there is a mass exodus out of our largest metropolitan areas due to the absolutely deplorable conditions. If you are not yet convinced that we are a nation in decline, spend some time wandering around our core urban areas. The shiny new cities that previous generations of Americans built for us are degenerating at a pace that is absolutely stunning.

Just look at what is happening to New York. A couple of decades ago, it was still in relatively good shape.

But now it is going down the tubes really fast.

A shopping mall in the Big Apple that cost a billion dollars to build just ten years ago is being permanently shut down because conditions in the city have become so intolerable…

A MAJOR city mall with dozen of stores is planning to shut up shop as America’s theft epidemic continues to batter businesses.
Retail operator Westfield announced that it intends to end its lease and sever all operations with the Fulton Center in Lower Manhattan.
Westfield put pen to paper on a two-decade long lease in 2014.
However, as levels of theft and homelessness continue to spiral, the company have decided to forego the contract 10 years early.
Westfield has cited soaring crime and quality of life concerns as their reason for terminating the lease.

Yes, things really are that bad.

Are you including “the left” in evil people? How about Trump?

Trump may be part of the swamp, hopefully he has repented. wait and see.

istockphoto-183801496-612x612.jpgif you have never seen the decay of our major cities, then i can't help you. just keep voting the Crooks in and enjoy the ride.

people need to wake up and they wont. america will fall and welcome the Fascist Elites.......but they 'know', oh do they know; just read the forum groan

Once I kick it, they can throw my body in a ditch or burn it up or stick it in a box 6' deep. Don't care. So I'd be OK being made into compost though I understand most people should avoid composting meat (it needs to go through proper composting processes).

who runs our major cities, check on that and see what happened to them while asleep at the stick....

wanna know what happened to the cities? well good, your friends in Dee Cee seem to approve...

If America is heading in the right direction, why have so many of our major cities become cesspools of violence, drugs, theft, trash and homelessness? Once upon a time, millions of young people from all over America flocked to our rapidly growing metropolitan areas. Today, there is a mass exodus out of our largest metropolitan areas due to the absolutely deplorable conditions. If you are not yet convinced that we are a nation in decline, spend some time wandering around our core urban areas. The shiny new cities that previous generations of Americans built for us are degenerating at a pace that is absolutely stunning.

Just look at what is happening to New York. A couple of decades ago, it was still in relatively good shape.

But now it is going down the tubes really fast.

A shopping mall in the Big Apple that cost a billion dollars to build just ten years ago is being permanently shut down because conditions in the city have become so intolerable…

Yes, things really are that bad.

Trump may be part of the swamp, hopefully he has repented. wait and see.

View attachment 67500999if you have never seen the decay of our major cities, then i can't help you. just keep voting the Crooks in and enjoy the ride.

people need to wake up and they wont. america will fall and welcome the Fascist Elites.......but they 'know', oh do they know; just read the forum groan
Posts derogatory against “liberals” and “fascist elites”

Shows photo from a website of a demolition company in Jacksonville, FL “most conservative large city in America”

😂😂😂

(Gotta love reverse image searching)

racist cards and politics not played in heaven.

get over it, most people see this as a tired old divisive tactic of the left that hates people anyway.

in heaven we wont deal with the evil people, they gone. they wanted Toaster oven, so God let's them go
Deflection.

What color will your skin be in the after-life?

Simple question.

Trump may be part of the swamp, hopefully he has repented.

Ah yes, they always get to decide who has “repented”. Bill Clinton—never! The serial adulterer and consistent liar Trump who sees himself as his own God and has no use for evangelists except to run a con and a scam on them—why of course he has repented—according to those on whom he runs his scams.

Back
Top Bottom