• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to tell if you’re an idiot

Of course that was the point. Anyone can create a list of loaded questions.
I meant your questions are stupid, where as OP’s questions make sense. I’d ask you to go listen to Sean Carroll talk about religion and science, but I know you’ll either dismiss it because you disagree.

Asking what I think about AOC is not the same as asking if magic is real. Here, I’ll come up with some questions that are an actual litmus test to see if you care about logic:

1) Do you care is a conclusion follow the premises
2) Do you think evidence is necessary to treat something as true
3) Which is better: logic by induction, or logic by deduction
4) Do you hear out all sides of an argument fairly
5) Have you ever changed your mind about a deeply held belief
6) Do you acknowledge the possibility of being wrong

You see, my questions do not concern politics, they concern the thought process you use to judge reality.

I meant your questions are stupid, where as OP’s questions make sense. I’d ask you to go listen to Sean Carroll talk about religion and science, but I know you’ll either dismiss it because you disagree.

Asking what I think about AOC is not the same as asking if magic is real. Here, I’ll come up with some questions that are an actual litmus test to see if you care about logic:

1) Do you care is a conclusion follow the premises
2) Do you think evidence is necessary to treat something as true
3) Which is better: logic by induction, or logic by deduction
4) Do you hear out all sides of an argument fairly
5) Have you ever changed your mind about a deeply held belief
6) Do you acknowledge the possibility of being wrong

You see, my questions do not concern politics, they concern the thought process you use to judge reality.
Are you an authority and qualified to present a litmus test? There are people who believe what AOC said. Isn't that fair to see if they question the legitimacy of the claim? You just don't like the question.

By #1 do you mean do I care if a conclusion follows the premises?
Even people who clearly have knee jerk reactions to everything are going to say yes they are logical rational people who's conclusion follows the premises. Question #1 is an idiotic question.

#2 Does evidence in favor of a claim make the claim true? Most folks conflate evidence with proof. They're not the same.

I assume you have an answer for #3? And a preponderance of evidence in favor of what you believe is the right answer? Isn't the answer dependent on the type of available information?

Of course that was the point. Anyone can create a list of loaded questions.
Notice I answered YOURS. The only ones afraid of answering "loaded" questions are the chickens who are afraid of what their answers will reveal about them.

Are you an authority and qualified to present a litmus test? There are people who believe what AOC said. Isn't that fair to see if they question the legitimacy of the claim? You just don't like the question.

Even people who clearly have knee jerk reactions to everything are going to say yes they are logical rational people who's conclusion follows the premises. Question #1 is an idiotic question.

#2 Does evidence in favor of a claim make the claim true? Most folks conflate evidence with proof. They're not the same.

I assume you have an answer for #3? And a preponderance of evidence in favor of what you believe is the right answer? Isn't the answer dependent on the type of available information?
Before you go on and on and on and on and on and on page after page haranguing everyone about YOUR questions, here is a challenge:
ANSWER the original questions posed by the OP. Bet you won't. Prove me wrong. And ummm, try answering them without any "but whatabout.........." answers.

The point is if you say “no” to any of my questions, you are not logical. Where your questions are surface level and shallow, mine are deep-cutting.

The point is if you say “no” to any of my questions, you are not logical. Where your questions are surface level and shallow, mine are deep-cutting.
Psst, just between you and me, he wouldn't know the difference ;)

Wasn't my definition. I quoted from a link.

Yet, there are those, who, even living in the US, DO believe some of those statements. That is the sad part.

seems not many have answered many of your questions; i may try a few....

• Do you believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old?
yes, it very well could be 6000 years old. also i think there is some evidence for the gap theory of Genesis.
  • Do you believe global warming is a myth?
much of this warming is a political tool used by the elite to shut down our industry. the real warming will occur during the Tribulation ahead.
  • Do you believe a free press is “the enemy of the people?”
what 'free press'? the press is owned by the Oligarchy.
  • Do you believe the solution to too many guns is more guns?
the Solution would be a real revival in our churches and spreading nation wide to all communities.
  • Do you believe the “prayer handkerchiefs” or vials of “holy water” offered by televangelists will actually put you in touch with God?
gotta think about that.
  • Do you believe the U.S. was founded as a specifically Christian nation?
yes, definitely and if we don't repent and get back to God we are toast. April 8 Eclipse in about 3 weeks people.
  • Do you believe, even secretly, that “white” people are superior to all others?
  • Do you believe being gay is catching?
huh, for all have sinned. solution: the Cross
  • Do you believe your particular set of religious dogmas are the ultimate laws of the universe?
well sure: The Bible. recognize your sin and a need for a Savior; repent/believe and walk the Narrow Way that leads to eternal life.

easy questions got any more?

blessings. 3 weeks.

From Salon:

"Conspiracy theories are a lazy person's intellectualism. They make a person feel smart without actually having to put in the hard work of learning things and growing. Blowing smoke about how you have superior knowledge to the "sheeple" because you heard a conspiracy theory on the internet? That's a cheap thrill."

It pays in three ways:

1. You get to feel like an insider, having secret knowledge the "sheeple" don't have.
2. It makes you feel superior to these "sheeple" with their book learning and lack of "common sense."
3. It makes you feel like someone - even if they're evil - is running the show, which is important to primates. The truth is, nobody's really driving the train, everyone is drunk in the club car.

much of this warming is a political tool used by the elite to shut down our industry. the real warming will occur during the Tribulation ahead.
The "elite," you say? Who might they be?

Also, funny part is, in the medium to long run, it's cheaper to run clean.

The "elite," you say? Who might they be?

the Oligarchy of course.

'we the people' don't really run anything last i checked. of course some people shout 'power to the people' and then the Rug gets pulled out from under them.

the truth is most of us have been dumbed down so much, it frankly is too hard to think.

people are shocked when i tell them our family doesn't own a television set and they wonder why. well i wonder why they even have one in the first place.

in the end very few people think, about 3% statistically. many more 'think they think', but the Vast Majority on both sides of the Fence would rather die than think.

so we do.

get ready for April 8, or do i have to tell you how to think about that?

blessings. 3 weeks people

Also, funny part is, in the medium to long run, it's cheaper to run clean.

yes, it very well could be 6000 years old. also i think there is some evidence for the gap theory of Genesis.
the Solution would be a real revival in our churches and spreading nation wide to all communities.
  • Do you believe the “prayer handkerchiefs” or vials of “holy water” offered by televangelists will actually put you in touch with God?
gotta think about that.
yes, definitely and if we don't repent and get back to God we are toast. April 8 Eclipse in about 3 weeks people.
  • Do you believe, even secretly, that “white” people are superior to all others?
  • Do you believe your particular set of religious dogmas are the ultimate laws of the universe?
well sure: The Bible. recognize your sin and a need for a Savior; repent/believe and walk the Narrow Way that leads to eternal life.

blessings. 3 weeks.
And if we meet again after 3 weeks, will you come back here and tell us when the next apocalypse will be?

And if we meet again after 3 weeks, will you come back here and tell us when the next apocalypse will be?

well i normally don't hang out here, but if you wanna start a thread on this, we can continue this conversation in a more broadly contributed conversation.

there are people on both sides of this issue, many Science types will consider this all nonsense and i understand their concerns. but there is support from the Religious angle that really should spark your Serious Consideration. after all this Calamity is only 3 weeks away.

blessings. 3 weeks.

I know the following is a bit dated, but DAMN, the article and it's author sure knows how to recognize an idiot. Enjoy reading the following:

This thread might get moved but couldn't think of a more appropriate location to post this. Go ahead, say it..............
I wouldn’t say idiot, are you certain there aren’t people with one or more of those beliefs that wouldn’t beat you in an IQ test ?

I'm going to have to ask you to be more specific.

ok. and i hope this gets you a bit more concerned perhaps.

So what's supposed to happen then?

well nobody knows.

best to watch some videos, pray, and maybe read about this. you can start with some of the Basics here...

blessings people, 3 weeks to go. check out YouTube, lots of videos on this; the more you watch the Clearer it gets that you need to prepare and repent now....

jpg JJJJ.jpg

Biblical expert: Solar eclipse to mark 'beginning of judgment upon America'​

April's total darkness will be 'a uniquely powerful sign from God,' says author-pastor​

In the Bible, solar events are recorded as having a remarkable and sometimes supernatural significance. Control over the sun was demonstrated by God in the three-day Plague of Darkness, and is prophesied to be an essential part of the End Times. The Prophet Joel (2:31) predicted, “The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.” The Prophet Amos makes a similar prediction: “And in that day – declares my God – I will make the sun set at noon, I will darken the earth on a sunny day.”

Again?

We get promised armageddon every damn decade, and it never happens. Even the Goddamn Mayans let me down.

How many prophecies of armageddon have we had to put up with?

Well, I'll tell you:

So on April 9th, will @Revelation say he was wrong? Or will he just pretend this never happened? Or will he flounce?

Hamish: i hope i am WRONG.

but i doubt it.

every thing i read points to this as a beginning of Sorrows and a deep need for repentance. try to keep an open mind, your Eternity depends on what you do now.

blessings. 3 weeks.

I wouldn’t say idiot, are you certain there aren’t people with one or more of those beliefs that wouldn’t beat you in an IQ test ?
If so, it means they are educated, but are still idiots.

download.jpg

Another way of looking at it is this: a lot of high IQ people lack sagacity. And no, sagacity is not the same as being smart.

gotta think about that.

blessings. 3 weeks.

Here’s a hint, Revelation: given the title of this thread, you really and truly should not have answered the questions directly above.

get ready for April 8,

3 weeks people

Calamity is only 3 weeks away.

weeks to go. check out YouTube, lots of videos on this; the more you watch the Clearer it gets that you need to prepare and repent now....

Yes, we know that there are plenty of religious “leaders” who are selling the same eclipse scam as you are to the lowest denominator of intelligence Christia. Here’s a hint: there are literally millions of Christians who do not wallow in the same sort of superstitions, like about eclipses, and anti-science ignorance that your fellow travelers do. In other words, a person does not have to be utterly stupid to be a Christian, like you apparently think that they do. There are plenty of intelligent Christians who fully embrace science and thus know that evolution and the Big Bang are solid science and that an eclipse is a perfectly natural event, but evidently there are also plenty of highly ignorant Christians to whom you can sell your anti-science and eclipse superstition snake oil to. That’s a real shame.

well i normally don't hang out here, but if you wanna start a thread on this, we can continue this conversation in a more broadly contributed conversation.

there are people on both sides of this issue, many Science types will consider this all nonsense and i understand their concerns. but there is support from the Religious angle that really should spark your Serious Consideration. after all this Calamity is only 3 weeks away.

blessings. 3 weeks.
Have you repented?

I mean FULLY repented?

Because even if you think you have, you probably didn’t.

I can help you fully repent- but you’ll need to do it this week- there’s not much time left.
just send three easy payments of $99.99 to me for the next three weeks, and illl send you a certificate of full repentance.

And if you act now, I’ll get you extra special post calamity treatment absolutely FREE*

* (Just send a post dated check for as much as you have in your accounts, post dated to April 9- so it’s post apocalypse and NO RISK to you!). The bigger the check, the more special it will be!

Back
Top Bottom