• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much is it Personal Benefit and how much is it fulfilling his promises?

164 companies give bonuses, lower fees to millions, citing Trump tax cuts

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boom-164-companies-give-bonuses-lower-fees-to-millions-citing-trump-tax-cuts

Tax Cuts Are Huge Boost To Middle Class

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/gop-tax-cuts-middle-class/

" The tax cuts reduced rates on the middle class and doubled the standard deduction to $12,000 for individuals and $24,000 for families. The law also doubled the child tax credit to $2,000, and brought relief to those hit by the alternative minimum tax and the death tax.

As a result, over the next 10 years, average household income will expand by $26,000 due to the tax cuts, according to Heritage Foundation estimates. This year alone, the average single tax payer will save $1,400 in taxes, while married couples with two kids will keep $2,918 more. Yes, corporations and the rich benefited, too. But that was the idea — no one is left out."

The beauty of the success of the tax cuts is it forced the Democrats into a unwinnable situation.

I always look forward to discussing issues with a debater but not with someone that doesn't give importance to truth.

Obama was far from a disaster as he was the one that took us out of what was possibly the worst recession/depression since 1929. As such, I am totally disappointed in your post. Here is some information for you to digest:

Obama's economy WAS a unmitigated disaster. Average annual GDP growth through 8 years of Obama's multi-trillion dollar tax and spend economy never exceeded 2% and when Trump took over GDP was a paltry 1.6%.
Obama's economy remained stagnant and anemic and that was with 10 trillion in new spending, 8 years of zero interest rate Fed policies and the FED pumping trillions of dollars of liquidity into the Financial system
Corporations sat on and offshore trillions of dollars in profits, while banks deposited trillions of dollars from the FED bond buying initiative back at the FED where it earned .25%
Obama is a Left wing ideologue, and has no idea what drives let alone grows market driven economies. He stuck to the Keynesian playbook and it showed as our debt grew exponentially, capital investment dried and our economy stagnated.

Yes, if you do it in an inhumane way. Most of the people trying to come here are running away from catastrophes in their own countries that are not of their making and of which they can do nothing about. Many are facing death or enslavement.

The Bolded is just not true.....

1,350% jump in deportation orders for sham asylum claims by illegal immigrants

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/1-350-jump-in-deportation-orders-for-sham-asylum-claims-by-illegal-immigrants

"A majority of immigrants seeking asylum in the United States by claiming “credible fear” back home do not actually file for it once they are released into the country, resulting in a massive effort to find and deport them, according to the Trump administration.

Earlier this year, for example, Justice Department data provided to Secrets showed that 56 percent of recent immigrants who made "credible fear" claims had not taken the next step to file for asylum, raising doubts about their initial claim.

So what's humane ? " Catch and release " ? Open borders ? Human smuggling stemming from the USs lax enforcement of its immigration laws ??

This is truly hilarious even if true. When has Trump allowed anyone to tell him what to do or listened to anyone. By the same token, Rice is not President, he is. It is his responsibility to defend out nation, not Susan Rice's.

You seem concerned that Trump wasn't doing enough to combat Russia interference in our elections, but you dont have an issue with Obama telling his cyber security chief to " stand down " when it came to combating Russian interference
Seems a bit odd, like you dont really care about Russian interference and are only here to parrot anti-Trump talking points

So he puts up with enormous abuse just to gain a few more dollars? This is your thinking? He is the only man in Washington who cannot be bought by special interest groups. Don't you think he could be making much more money in the private sector, without having to deal with all of the hate? I think he is appreciative of what he has been able to do in this great country and just wants to help everyone else attain the American Dream. He is making it much more possible than the left ever has.

Rich people don’t desire money! :lamo

You've completely reversed yourself. Not that I'm surprised. Now Trump branding is a negative?

Pick a side.

If you are saying that I have reversed myself then you do not understand branding. Most people shoot for positive branding but there is negative branding as well, much like the negative ads that are paid for by the parties in which they try to debase the opponent. In those cases, the goal is to make people shy away from that person. In Trump's case, the branding might be negative due to his actions but since Trump even lies to himself and never thinks he does anything wrong, he is not aware it might be negative branding. That is one of the big problems with Trump, he thinks he is God and can do no wrong.

This is also the likely cause for the 6 companies he bankrupted. I am sure he did not go into those businesses thinking that he would bankrupt them but evidently he was not willing to see reality, only see what he wanted to see and since he believes everything he does is perfect, he was unable to prevent the bankruptcies.

You were making the point about Trump Hotels, which aren't really in the Joe Blow class. What difference doe "why" make?

Just proving that branding works. People usually go to hotels they have heard about and not the ones they haven't.

LOTS of irony in this sentence.
Point is those are the worst post recession recovery numbers of any recession since WW II.

I bet you're one of those that screams that we shouldn't be the world's police force.

When have you ever sat in on any planning meetings or discussions? All you are doing is blowing smoke in a post where you deride another poster for his alleged inaccuracies.

I have lost all my desire to debate with you. You are totally biased and incapable of dealing with truths. No one can debate anything with a person such as you. You will always be right in your mind and therefore there are no facts or words that will make you see otherwise.

If you are saying that I have reversed myself then you do not understand branding. Most people shoot for positive branding but there is negative branding as well, much like the negative ads that are paid for by the parties in which they try to debase the opponent. In those cases, the goal is to make people shy away from that person. In Trump's case, the branding might be negative due to his actions but since Trump even lies to himself and never thinks he does anything wrong, he is not aware it might be negative branding. That is one of the big problems with Trump, he thinks he is God and can do no wrong.

This is also the likely cause for the 6 companies he bankrupted. I am sure he did not go into those businesses thinking that he would bankrupt them but evidently he was not willing to see reality, only see what he wanted to see and since he believes everything he does is perfect, he was unable to prevent the bankruptcies.

Talk about moving goalposts.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/boom-164-companies-give-bonuses-lower-fees-to-millions-citing-trump-tax-cuts

Tax Cuts Are Huge Boost To Middle Class

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/gop-tax-cuts-middle-class/

" The tax cuts reduced rates on the middle class and doubled the standard deduction to $12,000 for individuals and $24,000 for families. The law also doubled the child tax credit to $2,000, and brought relief to those hit by the alternative minimum tax and the death tax.

I never said there were no benefits for the middle class, I just said the Tax plan heavily favors the rich. Why didn't you find a link to an article that shows how much the rich versus the middle and poor class are receiving.

Obama's economy WAS a unmitigated disaster. Average annual GDP growth through 8 years of Obama's multi-trillion dollar tax and spend economy never exceeded 2% and when Trump took over GDP was a paltry 1.6%.
Obama's economy remained stagnant and anemic and that was with 10 trillion in new spending, 8 years of zero interest rate Fed policies and the FED pumping trillions of dollars of liquidity into the Financial system

Have you forgotten that the entire world (not just the U.S.) went to zero interest rates for years and they still are, no fault to Obama for that. Fault to the recession that Bush caused.

Obama was straddled with millions of jobs lost (over 8 million) and companies cutting down on everything just to survive, meaning very little hiring was occurring for many years simply due to the recession/depression that Bush left. See links below:

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/12/14/comparing-the-trump-economy-to-the-obama-economy/?utm_t[/UR

"A majority of immigrants seeking asylum in the United States by claiming “credible fear” back home do not actually file for it once they are released into the country, resulting in a massive effort to find and deport them, according to the Trump administration.

Facts don't support your claim:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/25/immigrant-family-separation-why-flee-home-countries/729013002/

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/immigration-border-crisis/central-america-s-violence-turmoil-keeps-driving-families-u-s-n884956

So what's humane ? " Catch and release " ? Open borders ? Human smuggling stemming from the USs lax enforcement of its immigration laws ??

If you do not know what is humane, then no one can educate you on that. Just consider for one second that you were traveling to another country to escape being killed or enslaved and that country separated you from your children and then did not even keep records as to where your kids were sent or records that you kids could use to find you. Do you consider that humane?

You seem concerned that Trump wasn't doing enough to combat Russia interference in our elections, but you dont have an issue with Obama telling his cyber security chief to " stand down " when it came to combating Russian interference
Seems a bit odd, like you dont really care about Russian interference and are only here to parrot anti-Trump talking points

Boy, you really are an unfair person. Obama was told about the Russian hacking just a few months before he was to end his term and he felt it was the job of the oncoming President to face that problem. In addition, how can you defend your stance on this knowing that McConnell did not allow a vote on Merrick Garland for the last year (12 months) of Obama's Presidency but Obama was supposed to do his job in the last 3 months of his Presidency. Obama's pick for the Supreme Court should have at least been voted on but the Republicans did not allow it, but Obama is blamed for doing nothing about the Russian Hacking.

I am laughing at your hypocrisy.

Last edited:
I never said there were no benefits for the middle class, I just said the Tax plan heavily favors the rich. Why didn't you find a link to an article that shows how much the rich versus the middle and poor class are receiving.

Have you forgotten that the entire world (not just the U.S.) went to zero interest rates for years and they still are, no fault to Obama for that. Fault to the recession that Bush caused.

The 2008 Subprime crisis was caused by the Govt, and no Bush wasn't personally to blame.
Bush was actually pushing for a third party regulator for the GSEs as far back as 2003 and warning of a systemic financial crisis spurred on by two poorly regulated GSEs as far back as 2001.
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/...ed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html

As for low interest rates, the FED started up it's QE initiave almost immediately after Obama was elected as a way to grow the economy and to bail out Banks who were left holding hundreds of billions of dollars in worthless MBSs after the 2008 financial crisis.

This unprecedented monetary intervention lasted throughout Obama's Presidency and had little impact on the economy.
Obama had 8 years to turn the economy around and he had record low interest rates too. Blaming Bush for the years of economic stagnation that occurred under Obama is just childish.
Numbers don't lie. Obama's annual GDP average never exceeded 2% and from 2010 to 2016, American voters responded to the lack of economic growth by voting in Republicans at a local, State and Federal level.

The Democrats lost over a thousand seats at the local and state level, lost 14 Governor's, lost the House and Senate majority and finally the White House.
Obama's healthcare law and the anemic economy were largely to blame for voter dissatisfication.

Good that we both agree that Trump is owned, lock, stock and barrel, by the mob and has been for decades.

You may want to check the ridiculous accusations unless you can back them up. But yes I/we understand the frustration of opinions like this from uninformed people.

His allegations are not without foundation. Perhaps you might like to bone up on this issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.095e97e93d19

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-mob-organized-crime-213910

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...ed-cruz/yes-donald-trump-has-been-linked-mob/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/opinion/trump-money-laundering-russia-mueller.html

https://www.globalwitness.org/en/campaigns/corruption-and-money-laundering/narco-a-lago-panama/

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/9/12/17764132/trump-russia-business-ties-mafia-putin-craig-unger

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...-probe-are-experts-in-organized-crime/569056/

While I will not be as bold as Tanngrisnir in my assertions, there is plenty of evidence that the Donald is connected (or should we say "the Don"?)

Trump had a great plan to become President so he could lose just about half the customer he would have had if he hadn't become President.

That was a great plan on his part.

Trump had a great plan to become President so he could lose just about half the customer he would have had if he hadn't become President.

That was a great plan on his part.

He did not do it for him, he did it for us.

The 2008 Subprime crisis was caused by the Govt, and no Bush wasn't personally to blame.
Bush was actually pushing for a third party regulator for the GSEs as far back as 2003 and warning of a systemic financial crisis spurred on by two poorly regulated GSEs as far back as 2001.
https://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/...ed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html

As for low interest rates, the FED started up it's QE initiave almost immediately after Obama was elected as a way to grow the economy and to bail out Banks who were left holding hundreds of billions of dollars in worthless MBSs after the 2008 financial crisis.

This unprecedented monetary intervention lasted throughout Obama's Presidency and had little impact on the economy.
Obama had 8 years to turn the economy around and he had record low interest rates too. Blaming Bush for the years of economic stagnation that occurred under Obama is just childish.
Numbers don't lie. Obama's annual GDP average never exceeded 2% and from 2010 to 2016, American voters responded to the lack of economic growth by voting in Republicans at a local, State and Federal level.

The Democrats lost over a thousand seats at the local and state level, lost 14 Governor's, lost the House and Senate majority and finally the White House.
Obama's healthcare law and the anemic economy were largely to blame for voter dissatisfication.

First of all and in response to your post, show me on single nation that during the last 10 years has improved their GDP more than the U.S did under Obama. It was a world disaster and it applied to every nation.

Secondly, the reason that GDP has now increased has been the Tax Cut and deregulation and though it looks good it does come attached with an additional ballooning of the deficit and permission for companies to once again take advantage of greed and re-open the same situation that caused the problems of 2008.

Yes, GDP has increased and unemployment has gone down to record levels but there are many economists that say this will bring big problems in the near future. Our deficit now exceeds our GDP and no one know what kind of problems that will bring.

In the past, the Republicans have been known for short-term solutions that affect the future health of the nation. They are all about "give me now and we will deal with the problems in the future" and the last problem was one that almost collapsed our nation economically and that Obama was faced with fixing. The next problem is not likely to have a solution since there will not be anything left to cut so that the problem can be fixed. In addition, what was done by the Republicans and Trump is put us into so much debt that when that debt needs to be paid we may not have enough to pay it off. Are you aware that each man, women and child in the U.S. now owes and has to pay over $150,000 just to get the debt paid?

You guys are very good at finding short term solutions but very good at mortgaging the future of our nation.

I believe that Obama did a great job with what the Republicans left him and I am not the only one that believes that as the 270 history scholars have put him 8th on the list of best President of all time, above Reagan who was put 9th on the list.

Keep on fooling yourself but there is always a price to pay for everything and this time could be a price we won't be able to pay. Nonetheless, you do have a few years to enjoy the benefits as it normally takes 5-8 years before the negatives show up. This time it could be sooner as we have a totally incompetent person running the show.

Sorry to burst your balloon but I do believe you are riding a tsunami that ultimately will destroy everything in its path.

Last edited:
He did not do it for him, he did it for us.

I was just pointing out how stupid the argument is that is being discussed in this thread.

First of all and in response to your post, show me on single nation that during the last 10 years has improved their GDP more than the U.S did under Obama. It was a world disaster and it applied to every nation.

Secondly, the reason that GDP has now increased has been the Tax Cut and deregulation and though it looks good it does come attached with an additional ballooning of the deficit and permission for companies to once again take advantage of greed and re-open the same situation that caused the problems of 2008.

Yes, GDP has increased and unemployment has gone down to record levels but there are many economists that say this will bring big problems in the near future. Our deficit now exceeds our GDP and no one know what kind of problems that will bring.

In the past, the Republicans have been known for short-term solutions that affect the future health of the nation. They are all about "give me now and we will deal with the problems in the future" and the last problem was one that almost collapsed our nation economically and that Obama was faced with fixing. The next problem is not likely to have a solution since there will not be anything left to cut so that the problem can be fixed. In addition, what was done by the Republicans and Trump is put us into so much debt that when that debt needs to be paid we may not have enough to pay it off. Are you aware that each man, women and child in the U.S. now owes and has to pay over $150,000 just to get the debt paid?

You guys are very good at finding short term solutions but very good at mortgaging the future of our nation.

I believe that Obama did a great job with what the Republicans left him and I am not the only one that believes that as the 270 history scholars have put him 8th on the list of best President of all time, above Reagan who was put 9th on the list.

Keep on fooling yourself but there is always a price to pay for everything and this time could be a price we won't be able to pay. Nonetheless, you do have a few years to enjoy the benefits as it normally takes 5-8 years before the negatives show up. This time it could be sooner as we have a totally incompetent person running the show.

Sorry to burst your balloon but I do believe you are riding a tsunami that ultimately will destroy everything in its path.

Of-course you believe Obama did a great job, but tens of millions of American voters did not.

The Democratic party was gutted under Obama as voters all over the US rejected his agenda and his policies.

Even Donna Brazile wasn't impressed with Obama's economy.
https://www.lifezette.com/2016/10/wikileaks-donna-brazile-shreds-obama-economy/

vrvqu0.jpg

Obama was such a narcissist, and so clueless to the impact his disastrous policies were having on average Americans, he actually went out and campaigned for Hillary telling American voters that if you want 4 more years of his agenda, vote for Hillary....:lamo

What did Americans do ?

Obama's a Leftist ideologue, who has no clue how to grow let alone sustain market driven economies. He thinks tax increases, burdensome regulations and Keynesian stimulus is how you grow economies
All he did was throw a massive wet blanket on the US economy. That blanket was lifted when Trump started implementing supply side iniatives and undoing the damage Obama did to this Nation.

These are the same Conservative economic principles that have created sustained economic growth in Red States like Texas.
And spare me your fake concern over the debt. Not one of you Leftist gave a rats ass when Obama left office with a extra 10 trillion dollars in new debt.

Much of the support and love affair with Trump has to do with having fulfilled many of his promises to the American People. Nonetheless, the big question is how much of that was for "personal gain" and how much of it was to help the American people. It does make a difference given that if it was just for personal benefit, at some point a decision it will go against the benefits of the populace if it does not meet his requirements.

Let's begin with the Tax Cut:

1) The Tax Cut was mostly a benefit for the rich as 87% of it was for the wealthy. As such, it benefited Trump and his family much more so than the American Public. Trump could have worked toward it being more beneficial to all, rather than to the rich, but he didn't.

Well, let us be clear. The lowering of corporate taxes allows corporations to reinvest in themselves, expand their operations and hire more employees. This is why many nations across the planet, including some of the most economically prosperous countries such as New Zealand and Australia have relatively lower corporate taxes.

2) Deregulation has helped companies be more aggressive and therefore make more money but given that deregulation also helps Trump and at the same time gives him a topic he can boast about (fulfill his ego), it was an easy decision that did not require any sacrifice from Trump.

Well, deregulation lowers monetary and time costs for companies, and it lowers the barriers of entry for people wishing to start new businesses, and helps with ease of doing business overall. And just to point out, the ease of doing business lowers rates of poverty. Being able to enter and compete in any given industry helps lower prices for consumers and thus people across the board, but especially at the lower end of the economic spectrum, benefit because they can select from a wide range of goods and services for the lowest price. And while there are a myriad of articles from left-leaning sources that seek to downplay the costs of regulations that they think are beneficial, it helps having counterpoints of nations where regulatory burdens are extremely low. The best example is, again, New Zealand, which has the highest Ease of Doing Business Ranking on Earth with an extremely low level of regulatory burdens allowing one to start and operate a business. While it is by no means perfect, there are few who can argue that New Zealand is some kind of bleak, polluted Hellscape.

In short, cutting away at regulations helps the ease of doing business. Ease of doing business allows existing companies to expand easily, and other companies to form and enter the market expanding hiring, lowering unemployment, and increasing competition and lowering prices for goods and services. Lowering prices for goods and services means that people with less money in their pocket have access to a greater array of goods and services. While I am not going to argue that there are no good regulations, lessening all but the most necessary is generally a net-positive effect on the economy and lowering poverty.

3) Lower unemployment is one of those things that Trump is also given credit it for but the reality is that unemployment was already on the way down before he took office and the Tax Cut and deregulation are the reasons it has continued, meaning that this was not something that Trump was aggressively involved with but is taking 100% credit for, thus fulfilling his ego boost thing.

If I may, do you believe that a President's administrative actions can have positive or negative impacts on our nation's economy? Because no one can deny that America's economy is presently very strong and growing. If you are saying that this is just the seeds of the Obama administration simply growing and bearing fruit, what specifically do you believe the Obama administration did previously that is causing the economy to grow currently? And what do you think Donald Trump is doing now that is hurting the economy and job growth?

Just proving that branding works. People usually go to hotels they have heard about and not the ones they haven't.
And that MEANS what? You think Trump's hotels are the only ones showing increased business? ALL the hotels and resorts "people have heard of" have been enjoying increased business due to improving economic condiions.

I have lost all my desire to debate with you. You are totally biased and incapable of dealing with truths. No one can debate anything with a person such as you. You will always be right in your mind and therefore there are no facts or words that will make you see otherwise.
LOL, what you really mean is I present facts that destroys your carefully fantasy of Obama's wonderfulness. True be told, Lucky, when it comes to Trump V Obama you wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you on the butt.

Duh, I know the Presidency has term limits, gosh what kind of people post here? Low IQ voters? Whatever you think if fine by me, Grandpa. I allow you to have your opinion and I don't mind at all. That is the difference between you and I. Believe how you want, it is America.....remember? I wonder if you will or can afford me the same luxury?

America is not an intellectual free for all where dumb ideas are the equals of smart ones. Freedom of religion doesn't protect anyone from having their ideas criticized. I realize the right would prefer it that way but that's not how intelligence anywhere in the world works.

I think you should quit acting butthurt that your opinions are stupid and start finding more educated ones.

I was just pointing out how stupid the argument is that is being discussed in this thread.

We are getting ever deeper into a New Dark Age, and what is worse is that the vast majority of us are too dim to know, so it will certainly get worse.

Of-course you believe Obama did a great job, but tens of millions of American voters did not.

The Democratic party was gutted under Obama as voters all over the US rejected his agenda and his policies.

Even Donna Brazile wasn't impressed with Obama's economy.
https://www.lifezette.com/2016/10/wikileaks-donna-brazile-shreds-obama-economy/

View attachment 67242434

Obama was such a narcissist, and so clueless to the impact his disastrous policies were having on average Americans, he actually went out and campaigned for Hillary telling American voters that if you want 4 more years of his agenda, vote for Hillary....:lamo

What did Americans do ?

Obama's a Leftist ideologue, who has no clue how to grow let alone sustain market driven economies. He thinks tax increases, burdensome regulations and Keynesian stimulus is how you grow economies
All he did was throw a massive wet blanket on the US economy. That blanket was lifted when Trump started implementing supply side iniatives and undoing the damage Obama did to this Nation.

These are the same Conservative economic principles that have created sustained economic growth in Red States like Texas.
And spare me your fake concern over the debt. Not one of you Leftist gave a rats ass when Obama left office with a extra 10 trillion dollars in new debt.

Need I remind you that Hillary won the popular vote by 4 million and need I remind you that more people were for Obama than not. In fact, if Obama could have run for a 3rd term, Trump would have lost by a landslide.

You better know when to use your "millions were against Obama's Presidency" when the reality is than tens of millions were in favor of Obama's policies.

By the way, Obama is no longer of importance. Let stay on what is happening now with Trump and stay away by trying to prove the past.

Well, let us be clear. The lowering of corporate taxes allows corporations to reinvest in themselves, expand their operations and hire more employees. This is why many nations across the planet, including some of the most economically prosperous countries such as New Zealand and Australia have relatively lower corporate taxes.

Well, deregulation lowers monetary and time costs for companies, and it lowers the barriers of entry for people wishing to start new businesses, and helps with ease of doing business overall. And just to point out, the ease of doing business lowers rates of poverty. Being able to enter and compete in any given industry helps lower prices for consumers and thus people across the board, but especially at the lower end of the economic spectrum, benefit because they can select from a wide range of goods and services for the lowest price. And while there are a myriad of articles from left-leaning sources that seek to downplay the costs of regulations that they think are beneficial, it helps having counterpoints of nations where regulatory burdens are extremely low. The best example is, again, New Zealand, which has the highest Ease of Doing Business Ranking on Earth with an extremely low level of regulatory burdens allowing one to start and operate a business. While it is by no means perfect, there are few who can argue that New Zealand is some kind of bleak, polluted Hellscape.

In short, cutting away at regulations helps the ease of doing business. Ease of doing business allows existing companies to expand easily, and other companies to form and enter the market expanding hiring, lowering unemployment, and increasing competition and lowering prices for goods and services. Lowering prices for goods and services means that people with less money in their pocket have access to a greater array of goods and services. While I am not going to argue that there are no good regulations, lessening all but the most necessary is generally a net-positive effect on the economy and lowering poverty.

If I may, do you believe that a President's administrative actions can have positive or negative impacts on our nation's economy? Because no one can deny that America's economy is presently very strong and growing. If you are saying that this is just the seeds of the Obama administration simply growing and bearing fruit, what specifically do you believe the Obama administration did previously that is causing the economy to grow currently? And what do you think Donald Trump is doing now that is hurting the economy and job growth?

You just made one of the points I was trying to make in another thread.

You have pointed out the benefits of tax cuts and deregulation and I don't totally disagree with you, there are some benefits to it. Nonetheless, the key words are "done right" and done with economic sense, which is not something the Republicans have or use.

What needs to be done for it to work right is for a agreement between the Democrats and Republicans to occur where it gets done but with some restriction. Untethered deregulation leads to excess due to the fact that greed exists in all of us and Tax Cuts should be even across the board so it helps everyone (not just mostly the rich) and done in a way that our deficit doesn't increase to the point that it overwhelms whatever benefits occur.

Simply stated, the "middle road" usually is best but the Republicans don't want the middle road, they want it ALL. This is what is totally wrong with the Republicans.

By the way, your question about "what do you think Donald Trump is doing now that is hurting the economy and job growth is a loaded question given that the answer is "nothing at the moment" (though our future is being mortgaged) but he is hurting us in every other way possible.

This is not about keying on the economy and job growth, it is about keying on everything that is important to all Americans and that includes a good moral scenario, principles that all can live with, ethics that apply to all and that all can live with, and humanity that makes us human, not just greedy cash driven apes.

LOL, what you really mean is I present facts that destroys your carefully fantasy of Obama's wonderfulness. True be told, Lucky, when it comes to Trump V Obama you wouldn't recognize a fact if it bit you on the butt.

You must be right. I am just a dumb person with no education, no experience, no knowledge.

You must be right. I am just a dumb person with no education, no experience, no knowledge.
You're not, but neither am I. Grasp that fact.

Back
Top Bottom