• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much is it Personal Benefit and how much is it fulfilling his promises?

Anyone familiar with his history understands that he's mobbed up, has been for years and specifically for laundering money.

You reject any and all evidence, so it's fun to watch you call something 'ridiculous' when you have no actual honest interest in understanding it.

Par for the course for you.

You mentioned evidence but didn't offer any. And, Wow, you suggest Its fun to watch a (non-existent rejection) of the (non supplied evidence). I’m thinking this is the easiest debate I ever won, but I’m not that surprised considering the poster.

You mentioned evidence but didn't offer any. And, Wow, you suggest Its fun to watch a (non-existent rejection) of the (non supplied evidence). I’m thinking this is the easiest debate I ever won, but I’m not that surprised considering the poster.

For you? There would be no point. You reflexively reject anything that doesn't support your fantasy narratives and comic book view of the world.

Still, it's fun watching you compelled into yet more fantasy, thinking you've 'won' anything, when no debate has actually been engaged in.

I'll leave you to your delusions of grandeur..

For you? There would be no point. You reflexively reject anything that doesn't support your fantasy narratives and comic book view of the world.

Still, it's fun watching you compelled into yet more fantasy, thinking you've 'won' anything, when no debate has actually been engaged in.

I'll leave you to your delusions of grandeur..

If you want to make ridiculous lunatic left and partisan accusations at least step up with something. I understand you want to come off as reasonably informed and not just the below average partisan hack posting on this board but you failed, get over it.

Why do you keep calling me Trin, Nancy?

LOLOLOL. We HAVE term limits for presidents. If not, we'd still have president Obama. We also have an emoluments clause that Trump has utterly ignored...not that you'd notice either.

You see, corruption comes in many forms and Trump is the kind of corrupt politician that banks on his followers being too stupid to notice his corruption and just flaunts it brazenly.

Actually, I don't know if you guys don't notice it or are just so saturated in magical thinking that you can re-imagine anything he does as something noble if it feels better. You know, like when you said it was the "nasty" women who were making him grab their ******s? That one still makes me laugh.

LOLOLOL. We HAVE term limits for presidents. If not, we'd still have president Obama. We also have an emoluments clause that Trump has utterly ignored...not that you'd notice either.

You see, corruption comes in many forms and Trump is the kind of corrupt politician that banks on his followers being too stupid to notice his corruption and just flaunts it brazenly.

Actually, I don't know if you guys don't notice it or are just so saturated in magical thinking that you can re-imagine anything he does as something noble if it feels better. You know, like when you said it was the "nasty" women who were making him grab their ******s? That one still makes me laugh.

Duh, I know the Presidency has term limits, gosh what kind of people post here? Low IQ voters? Whatever you think if fine by me, Grandpa. I allow you to have your opinion and I don't mind at all. That is the difference between you and I. Believe how you want, it is America.....remember? I wonder if you will or can afford me the same luxury?

So he puts up with enormous abuse just to gain a few more dollars? This is your thinking? He is the only man in Washington who cannot be bought by special interest groups. Don't you think he could be making much more money in the private sector, without having to deal with all of the hate? I think he is appreciative of what he has been able to do in this great country and just wants to help everyone else attain the American Dream. He is making it much more possible than the left ever has.

Absolutely not, he could not make more in the private sector as his being President gives him the biggest boost to his name and recognition. In addition, in the private sector he would not get any recognition like he is getting as President. Trump seeks acceptance and Godship. He wants to be seen as the one that Made America Great Again but then his goal is also making more money, which he is making slews more now.

Had he followed the emollients clause that all other President's have followed, I might think differently but he and his family are making millions upon millions being in the public eye.

You are totally wrong.

Wtf are you talking about? If anyone owns the mob it is the nasty Clintons.

No, Trump actually has, and in the past shown, close ties to the mob, not to mention his love of Putin, Kim Jung-un, Dutarte, and Erdegan. Show me any Clinton mob ties. That is pure assumption on your part, not supported by facts.

Most of the articles concerning the effect of the presidency on the Trump fortune puts him down a billion or a billion and a half since taking office. If he's in this for personal gain he isn't very good at it.

Show me the articles. By the way, have you considered the value of Branding? Budweiser, Coke and such companies have "spent" billions on branding. Evidently they believe that branding is important. Trump has gotten a whole lot of "free" branding due to being President.

Absolutely not, he could not make more in the private sector as his being President gives him the biggest boost to his name and recognition. In addition, in the private sector he would not get any recognition like he is getting as President. Trump seeks acceptance and Godship. He wants to be seen as the one that Made America Great Again but then his goal is also making more money, which he is making slews more now.

Had he followed the emollients clause that all other President's have followed, I might think differently but he and his family are making millions upon millions being in the public eye.

You are totally wrong.

Bull****, I am not totally wrong. How is he making money being POTUS? He doesn't even accept his salary, donates it to charity. You are the one that is totally wrong. Unbelievable!

No, Trump actually has, and in the past shown, close ties to the mob, not to mention his love of Putin, Kim Jung-un, Dutarte, and Erdegan. Show me any Clinton mob ties. That is pure assumption on your part, not supported by facts.

If I could show you mob ties the dingbat drunkard would be in jail. What do you want Trump to do, go to war with Putin and Un? Would that make you leftists happy? Lunacy!

Bull****, I am not totally wrong. How is he making money being POTUS? He doesn't even accept his salary, donates it to charity. You are the one that is totally wrong. Unbelievable!

Riley, you are beyond help.

I suggest you read about branding and you read about how his hotels have gotten a lot busier and full of more important people. In addition, read about who is buying his properties and at what prices. I suggest you educate yourself before opening your mouth again. You are making yourself look like a fool.

If I could show you mob ties the dingbat drunkard would be in jail. What do you want Trump to do, go to war with Putin and Un? Would that make you leftists happy? Lunacy!

No, but repudiating them for what they represent would be a start.

Its like you were in school and being bullied and the principal agreed with the bullies. How would that make you feel?

There is such a thing such as morals, ethics, principles and humanity that some (likely not you) value. It is what makes a person worthwhile to those that believe in God and in humanity.

Evidently, such things are not in your value category. You and Trump actually deserve each other.

Riley, you are beyond help.

I suggest you read about branding and you read about how his hotels have gotten a lot busier and full of more important people. In addition, read about who is buying his properties and at what prices. I suggest you educate yourself before opening your mouth again. You are making yourself look like a fool.
But aren't hotels in general seeing more business as well as the rest of the travel/hospitality industry? Good economies do that. My last couple of trips have encountered far more crowded facilities and busier attractions.

Last edited:
Nothing has been passed by the WH that didn't benefit Trump directly, or occasionally indirectly.
Gee what a surprise - a law passed that benefits all Americans benefits the President. Imagine my surprise! :)

So.....it's no longer the Russians, but the mob?

Show me the articles. By the way, have you considered the value of Branding? Budweiser, Coke and such companies have "spent" billions on branding. Evidently they believe that branding is important. Trump has gotten a whole lot of "free" branding due to being President.

Here's just one. Like I said, Google it and pick your own.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/trump-forbes-400-spot-tumbles-as-net-worth-declines.html

Afaik, Trump is not into Bud, Coke, and such. Sounds like goalpost moving to me.

Here's just one. Like I said, Google it and pick your own.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/02/trump-forbes-400-spot-tumbles-as-net-worth-declines.html

Afaik, Trump is not into Bud, Coke, and such. Sounds like goalpost moving to me.

Branding is branding and economically beneficial to all. Then again, negative branding (due to the decisions made by Trump) would be a negative and actually does not speak well of Trump as that means there a whole lot of people that do not agree with what he has done.

Nonetheless, in the article you linked, there is this comment that also says much about whether Trump was actually valued correctly before:

New information revealed by journalists that shed doubt on Trump's own claims about his money.

Either way, if he has not profited by being President, it is more about his being a negative catalyst himself than it is about anything he has sacrificed for his supporters. As it is, he would never agree that,he does anything wrong, simply meaning that his ego is bigger than his desire for money.

But aren't hotels in general seeing more business as well as the rest of the travel/hospitality industry? Good economies do that. My last couple of trips have encountered far more crowded facilities and busier attractions.

What hotel do you stay at and why?

Do you stay at the Joe Blow hotel or a name hotel?

Much of the support and love affair with Trump has to do with having fulfilled many of his promises to the American People.

Let's begin with the Tax Cut:

1) The Tax Cut was mostly a benefit for the rich as 87% of it was for the wealthy. As such, it benefited Trump and his family much more so than the American Public. Trump could have worked toward it being more beneficial to all, rather than to the rich, but he didn't.

According to the tax policy center, taxes Would Decline On Average Across All Income Groups.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/sites/default/files/publication/150816/2001641_distributional_analysis_of_the_conference_agreement_for_the_tax_cuts_and_jobs_act.pdf

"In 2018, taxes would be reduced by about $1,600 on average, increasing after-tax incomes 2.2 percent (table 1). Taxes would decline on average across all income groups. Taxpayers in the bottom quintile (those with income less than $25,000) would see an average tax cut of $60, or 0.4 percent of after-tax income. Taxpayers in the middle income quintile (those with income between about $49,000 and $86,000) would receive an average tax cut of about $900, or 1.6 percent of after-tax income."

2) Deregulation has helped companies be more aggressive and therefore make more money but given that deregulation also helps Trump and at the same time gives him a topic he can boast about (fulfill his ego), it was an easy decision that did not require any sacrifice from Trump.

There's no denying Trump's adherence to supply side principles which include reducing burdensome regulations has led to substantial economic and GDP growth. Supply side is essentially removing the unnecessary burdens that were holding our economy back and letting the free market do what it does best

3) Lower unemployment is one of those things that Trump is also given credit it for but the reality is that unemployment was already on the way down before he took office and the Tax Cut and deregulation are the reasons it has continued, meaning that this was not something that Trump was aggressively involved with but is taking 100% credit for, thus fulfilling his ego boost thing.

Obama had nothing to do with Trumps economic successes. Nothing whatsoever. Truth is the Obama economy was a unmitigated disaster. It was 8 years of stagnation, massive new spending and unprecedented monetary intervention. Corporations and Banks chose to sit on trillions of dollars in capital while investors speculated in a stock market propped up with quantitative easing instead of investing back into the American economy.

4) Working aggressively toward curbing illegal immigration is also something that gives his base reasons to applaud but then again this also gives Trump what he seeks, which is recognition and an ego boost. Nonetheless, what he has done has not been actually all that helpful given that illegal immigration is only down slightly from where it was on Obama's last few years and in the process he did open the door to be criticized for a lack of humanity. Such action has made the U.S. into a country of no heart and one that is not true to its Statue of Liberty saying of (Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free).

Huh ? So we're a selfish and mean Nation for enforcing our immigration laws ?

Other than these 4 "accomplishments" being credited to Trump, what has he done for the American Public?

Exponentially more than Barrack Obama

Will it get done? Perfect example has been the lack of support or even ordering of increased cyber security against Russia due to the hacking. This is not beneficial to Trump but is extremely beneficial for the American Public. Why then, has he not done the "right thing" for us.

Obama's cybersecurity coordinator confirms Susan Rice ordered him to 'stand down' on Russian meddling
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/obamas-cybersecurity-coordinator-confirms-susan-rice-ordered-stand-down-russian-meddling-2016-election

We need a real hero, not a spoiled brat that simply wants to make himself rich and "look" great.

What WE need is for the other half of the Country to get over the fact that they lost the 2016 election

Branding is branding and economically beneficial to all. Then again, negative branding (due to the decisions made by Trump) would be a negative and actually does not speak well of Trump as that means there a whole lot of people that do not agree with what he has done.

Nonetheless, in the article you linked, there is this comment that also says much about whether Trump was actually valued correctly before:

New information revealed by journalists that shed doubt on Trump's own claims about his money.

Either way, if he has not profited by being President, it is more about his being a negative catalyst himself than it is about anything he has sacrificed for his supporters. As it is, he would never agree that,he does anything wrong, simply meaning that his ego is bigger than his desire for money.

You've completely reversed yourself. Not that I'm surprised. Now Trump branding is a negative?

Pick a side.

According to the tax policy center, taxes Would Decline On Average Across All Income Groups.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/sites/default/files/publication/150816/2001641_distributional_analysis_of_the_conference_agreement_for_the_tax_cuts_and_jobs_act.pdf

"In 2018, taxes would be reduced by about $1,600 on average, increasing after-tax incomes 2.2 percent (table 1). Taxes would decline on average across all income groups. Taxpayers in the bottom quintile (those with income less than $25,000) would see an average tax cut of $60, or 0.4 percent of after-tax income. Taxpayers in the middle income quintile (those with income between about $49,000 and $86,000) would receive an average tax cut of about $900, or 1.6 percent of after-tax income."

Here is the real information about the Tax Cut:

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/571754894/charts-see-how-much-of-gop-tax-cuts-will-go-to-the-middle-class

Obama had nothing to do with Trumps economic successes. Nothing whatsoever. Truth is the Obama economy was a unmitigated disaster. It was 8 years of stagnation, massive new spending and unprecedented monetary intervention. Corporations and Banks chose to sit on trillions of dollars in capital while investors speculated in a stock market propped up with quantitative easing instead of investing back into the American economy.

I always look forward to discussing issues with a debater but not with someone that doesn't give importance to truth.

Obama was far from a disaster as he was the one that took us out of what was possibly the worst recession/depression since 1929. As such, I am totally disappointed in your post. Here is some information for you to digest:

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

Huh ? So we're a selfish and mean Nation for enforcing our immigration laws ?

Yes, if you do it in an inhumane way. Most of the people trying to come here are running away from catastrophes in their own countries that are not of their making and of which they can do nothing about. Many are facing death or enslavement. As such, treating them as human beings should be done. Separating children from their mothers and then not even keeping records of where they are is not only incompetent but cruel.

This is truly hilarious even if true. When has Trump allowed anyone to tell him what to do or listened to anyone. By the same token, Rice is not President, he is. It is his responsibility to defend out nation, not Susan Rice's.

What hotel do you stay at and why?

Do you stay at the Joe Blow hotel or a name hotel?
You were making the point about Trump Hotels, which aren't really in the Joe Blow class. What difference doe "why" make?

Here is the real information about the Tax Cut:

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/19/571754894/charts-see-how-much-of-gop-tax-cuts-will-go-to-the-middle-class

I always look forward to discussing issues with a debater but not with someone that doesn't give importance to truth.
LOTS of irony in this sentence.
Luckyone said:
Obama was far from a disaster as he was the one that took us out of what was possibly the worst recession/depression since 1929. As such, I am totally disappointed in your post. Here is some information for you to digest:

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/
Point is those are the worst post recession recovery numbers of any recession since WW II.

Luckyone said:
Yes, if you do it in an inhumane way. Most of the people trying to come here are running away from catastrophes in their own countries that are not of their making and of which they can do nothing about. Many are facing death or enslavement. As such, treating them as human beings should be done. Separating children from their mothers and then not even keeping records of where they are is not only incompetent but cruel.
I bet you're one of those that screams that we shouldn't be the world's police force.

Luckyone said:
This is truly hilarious even if true. When has Trump allowed anyone to tell him what to do or listened to anyone. By the same token, Rice is not President, he is. It is his responsibility to defend out nation, not Susan Rice's.
When have you ever sat in on any planning meetings or discussions? All you are doing is blowing smoke in a post where you deride another poster for his alleged inaccuracies.

Back
Top Bottom