• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Donald Trump’s Company Violated the United States Embargo Against Cuba

Trump ended up not doing a deal with Cuba, but $68,000 was spent in Cuba looking at that possibility. Spending even ONE dollar there was against the law.

And yet another example..... "Trump only broke the law a little".

It is almost impossible to get through a day without breaking a law, the problem is the laws, something we should fix.

Oh wait, we did fix this one.

"NEXT!"

OK, let's be honest, folks. If Obama or Hillary had gone to Cuba during the embargo and spent money there, would these people be making excuses for them? You and I all know they they would be calling for both their heads on a platter.

Such is the dishonest nature of politics.

And those calling for Trump to be charged would be defending Obama or hillary for going.

The world keeps on turning

And those calling for Trump to be charged would be defending Obama or hillary for going.

The world keeps on turning

Nope. Look at my previous post in this thread where I said Hillary was a crook.

And here is another example. "The other guys would defend Hillary if she did it". More deflection, and defense of the indefensible.

It is almost impossible to get through a day without breaking a law, the problem is the laws, something we should fix.

"NEXT!"

Another example. "It's OK because we all break the law. We just can't help it."

Sure, lots of people break the law, and when they do, they should accept the punishment for doing so. I had a DWI a few years ago. I didn't make excuses. I accepted the consequences of my actions.

The alternative is still Hillary, who has done much worse and will do much worse with our nation's security. Next.

Another example. "But, but, but, Hillary". More deflection and defense of the indefensible.

OK, let's be honest, folks. If Obama or Hillary had gone to Cuba during the embargo and spent money there, would these people be making excuses for them? You and I all know they they would be calling for both their heads on a platter.

Such is the dishonest nature of politics.

You are joking with that, right? Obama didn't just try to do a deal with Cuba, he opened it up for all kinds of deals and money flowing there!

You are joking with that, right? Obama didn't just try to do a deal with Cuba, he opened it up for all kinds of deals and money flowing there!

That's because there was negotiation in lifting the embargo, and business is now happening in Cuba, LEGALLY.

Another excuse. "Because It's not illegal now, then it's OK to break the law when it was illegal". That's a good one. You should be a lawyer. LOL.

Nope. Look at my previous post in this thread where I said Hillary was a crook.

And here is another example. "The other guys would defend Hillary if she did it". More deflection, and defense of the indefensible.

I have offered no defense of this, that is purely you making stuff up. Noticing bull**** hypocritical politics for what it is, is what I did and offered. The same as you.

That's because there was negotiation in lifting the embargo, and business is now happening in Cuba, LEGALLY.

LOL, now there is defection for ya! Oh, it's okay for Obama to open up Cuba, a murderous dictatorship. No problem with that. But Trump tried to make a deal. Oh, horrible!

At best we have unnamed sources making allegations about what other people did or did not know. Not enough to convict anyone but I am fine if the FBI wants to investigate this.

Trump seems to be a slimy filthy man, but smart enough to have others take the fall for his shady dealings. Nothing in the Newsweek article is a smoking gun to show guilt. Its mostly friend of a friend who shall not be named once told me.

If they can produce factual evidence then charge him. If not then file this under election year hype.

And documents show that Trump knew about it the whole time. Doesn't matter. Trump supporters will still vote for him, even though he provided aid and comfort to the enemy. Says as much about them as it does about Trump.

How Donald Trump?s Company Violated the United States Embargo Against Cuba

are there charges pending?

or is this just another leftist rant trying like hell to get Hillary elected?

i havent heard anything from the justice department, so i am thinking # 2

but maybe you are just early?

Actually, he did intend to. It's why he went there.

Chalk up another example.

Can't he just claim he forgot it was illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What enemy list is Cuba or Fidel on? We dont have a state of war with them. Other than actual enemies during war, why should the govt decide who citizens can and can not trade with?

Your right, a foriegn leader that requests and allows the Soviet Union to place nuclear missiles on their soil and point them at us surely doesn't rise to the level of enemy...:roll:

And what about the arming of "moderate" Syrian rebels?

1. What is illegal about that?

2. How is it any different than actions every president we have had for the last 100 years have taken at some point in their administrations?

3. Did Obama personally profit from this action because if he did not, then it is in no way comparable.?

"NEXT!"

Yes I know what you mean, why there is hardly a day goes by that I don't somehow profit from a deal I make with a nation we have under an embargo or sanctions.... Why just yesterday I sold a luxury home in North Korea, the day before that I sold some cars to Bashar al-Assad. There is no way to make it through a day without violating some sort of sanction or embargo.....

For **** sakes the absolutely laughable absurdity some of Trump's worshipers will go through to defend the **** he does...

1. What is illegal about that?

2. How is it any different than actions every president we have had for the last 100 years have taken at some point in their administrations?

3. Did Obama personally profit from this action because if he did not, then it is in no way comparable.?

You missed the point.

Actually, he did intend to. It's why he went there.

Chalk up another example.

Hold on a second Mick Jagger.
Are you now claiming that Trump himself went to Cuba. Because you did just say "It's why he went there"?

The allegations by unmanned sources are he knowingly paid back expenses to a third party when they went to Cubva supposedly to seek out investment opportunities for his corporation when the embargo is lifted.

Does our resident Rolling Stone have proof Trump went there? Was it an intentional lie to misrepresent the allegations? Or did Charlie punch you out again for calling him your drummer and you got a little confused and misspoke?

Back
Top Bottom