• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Historians Say 11 Presidents Were Better Than Obama

Obama was a mediocre lame duck at best, who basically spent eight years coasting on the color of his skin and his personal charisma.

At worst, he was an actively incompetent divider who only really appealed to ideological Far Left, and left the country so irreconcilably at odds with its self that the prospect of a second civil war doesn't even seem all that far fetched any more.

Either way, I really can't fathom ranking B.H. Obama anywhere near the top ten, and certainly not ahead of Clinton (and I say that as someone who absolutely loathes Bill Clinton).

Last edited:
Just because you do not agree with the list does not mean it is bull****, if you have a problem go make your own damn list.

Lincoln
Jefferson
Adams I
Washington
FDR
Teddy
Andrew Jackson
Monroe
Truman
Wilson
Clinton
Reagan
Adams II
Madison
Ike
Obama

My personal opinion is that Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt were basically the only good presidents we've ever had. Of course, I'm not exactly using objective criteria though: I oppose the current U.S. Constitution and American imperialism. Obama I'd characterize as an average U.S. president. But there's no way he ranks in below the guy who sent us into the First World War, I'm sorry. Not in my book anyway!

Any list that has Lincoln and FDR at the top is worthless. Both of them violated their oath and both of them attacked their own citizens in more ways than one.

Just because you do not agree with the list does not mean it is bull****, if you have a problem go make your own damn list.

True, if it were only that fact, I might agree. But Jimmah Carter, seriously, look at the numbers. Record inflation, high interest rates, misery index through the roof. Gimme a break. Same with O'Bama. GDP never broke 3%. How in the world could he be #5?

I would probably put him a bit closer to the middle, but it is likely too soon to give an accurate assessment.

True, if it were only that fact, I might agree. But Jimmah Carter, seriously, look at the numbers. Record inflation, high interest rates, misery index through the roof. Gimme a break. Same with O'Bama. GDP never broke 3%. How in the world could he be #5?

This thing called math, considering there are 42 presidents ahead of them if you actually read the results, which I hope are from the Onion.

If you want to see a different opinion watch this video:

Skip to 10:50

Last edited:

Because Presidents generally have very little effect upon inflation rates, interest rates, or GDP growth?

Because Presidential policies that make great Presidents are the ones that last much longer than their time in office?

That puts him in the top quartile of men who have occupied arguably the most powerful and prestigious office in human history.

Like, seriously, if I were elected President... and historians ranked me as the worst President in all of American history... number 46 out of 46? That still makes me more of a President than three hundred million of you mother****ers. Being the second worst President ever? That makes me better than three hundred million of you and a real President.

My personal opinion is that Abraham Lincoln and Franklin Roosevelt were basically the only good presidents we've ever had. Of course, I'm not exactly using objective criteria though: I oppose the current U.S. Constitution and American imperialism. Obama I'd characterize as an average U.S. president. But there's no way he ranks in below the guy who sent us into the First World War, I'm sorry. Not in my book anyway!

So you oppose being able to say that you oppose "American imperialism"?

You oppose being safe from getting tossed in a prison camp for saying you oppose "American imperialism".

Then again, "American imperialism" is nothing but a buzz-phrase for those left of center. Usually it refers to the US helping a country like South Korea defeat an aggressive communist country......like North Korea.

Any list that has Lincoln and FDR at the top is worthless. Both of them violated their oath and both of them attacked their own citizens in more ways than one.

Hoe exactly did FDR "attack his own citizens"?

I know you hate Lincoln for crushing the Confederacy and humiliating your secessionist pipe dream, but what did FDR do that was so heinous?

Lincoln attacked another country--the Confederate States of America--not "his own citizens."

FDR sent Japanese people to camps. Hardly a good move, but far from "attacking his own citizens."

91 cherry picked "historians" weigh in. :yawn:

Woodrow Wilson? ****ing seriously? I rest my case. :roll:

there is no way that Obama is anywhere close to the top 11 presidents of all time.
the last ranking I saw is that carter was happy because he was finally ranked above one of
the modern presidents and that was Obama.

honestly it is to early to start ranking Obama. there is no way you can really do it.

I agree with 1 and 2. There are some other good ones in the top 10, but LBJ?? Two wars during his administration, Vietnam and the War on Poverty, both failures on his part. There was so much turmoil in America between '63-'69, I don't get it. And how is Carter ahead of Coolidge? :confused: Coolidge kept quiet and attempted to let the country run itself as much as possible. Carter=Stagflation.

trump likes Andrew Jackson the Trail of Tears president best apparently. That's whos pic he has on his desk.

Bigots of a feather flock together I suppose.

So you oppose being able to say that you oppose "American imperialism"?

You oppose being safe from getting tossed in a prison camp for saying you oppose "American imperialism".

Then again, "American imperialism" is nothing but a buzz-phrase for those left of center. Usually it refers to the US helping a country like South Korea defeat an aggressive communist country......like North Korea.

What on Earth are you talking about? :confused:

IMO, Obama was the worst, most treasonous, most damaging to America Infiltrator, Saboteur and Traitor the nation has ever suffered.

IMO, Obama is the worst President in American History by a very wide margin.

-

What on Earth are you talking about? :confused:

You said you were opposed to the US constitution. The constitution gives you the right to say such a thing. Without the constitution, you could get tossed in a prison dungeon for twenty years and nobody could do jack for you.

You said you were opposed to the US constitution. The constitution gives you the right to say such a thing. Without the constitution, you could get tossed in a prison dungeon for twenty years and nobody could do jack for you.

Pfff! Before the Constitution one did not need such protections from the central government because it was too weak to even collect taxes, let alone do anything to you. The whole point of the Constitution was to strengthen the central government and the role of commerce in American society very much at the expense of the mass of indebted farmers who formed the vast majority of the population. Essentially it was crafted as a means of enforcing the collection of debts and also to guarantee against future insurrections analogous to Shay's Rebellion (which I very much sympathize with). It didn't even originally have a bill of rights! That had to be fought for, as did the current, relatively liberal interpretation, the rights of most of the population to vote, and every other element of democratic progress that has been seen since.

What I'm saying is that I don't find there to be anything particularly sacred about our constitution that should prevent it from substantially amended or replaced entirely.

Pfff! Before the Constitution one did not need such protections from the central government because it was too weak to even collect taxes, let alone do anything to you. The whole point of the Constitution was to strengthen the central government and the role of commerce in American society very much at the expense of the mass of indebted farmers who formed the vast majority of the population. Essentially it was crafted as a means of enforcing the collection of debts and also to guarantee against future insurrections analogous to Shay's Rebellion (which I very much sympathize with). It didn't even originally have a bill of rights! That had to be fought for, as did the current, relatively liberal interpretation, the rights of most of the population to vote, and every other element of democratic progress that has been seen since.

What I'm saying is that I don't find there to be anything particularly sacred about our constitution that should prevent it from substantially amended or replaced entirely.

Bull****. Before the constitution governments could do whatever the hell they wanted to you, and you couldn't do **** about it. That's a big part of why the US had its revolution in the first place.

The whole point of the Constitution was to solidify the rights of the citizen and to create a working framework for the government--- one which has lasted the test of time very well indeed.

You sympathize with not paying taxes? I suppose you don't use roads or any of the other services which are payed for via taxes then.

It had to be argued for. And once people were convinced, it was created. It didn't require a fricking civil war like it would have in many other countries.

And what exactly would you replace it with?

Of course, if the constitution was ever actually "replaced", as a "communist" you'd be one of the first to get tossed into the torture dungeons.

91 cherry picked "historians" weigh in. :yawn:

Woodrow Wilson? ****ing seriously? I rest my case. :roll:

you never presented a "case"

you never presented a "case"

History is my case. Which makes this even more ironic. Look up the numbers, GDP, interest rates, unemployment. But you already knew that. Libs tend to make judgments based on people's intentions, rather than thier actual accomplishments.

Back
Top Bottom