• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have you noticed....

A flat "no men allowed" policy provides an extra layer of deterrence which the more "shades of gray" oriented approach propagated by making exceptions for M-t-F transsexuals does not. It's a lot easier to keep male pervs and predators out of women's restrooms when all it requires to sound the alarm is a man being seen someplace he shouldn't be, than it is when one suddenly has to ask a whole bunch of questions regarding that individual's orientation and gender status before he can be removed (which isn't even accounting for the possibility that the person in question might simply lie in order to remain either way regardless).

After all, where is the line drawn here, exactly? "Passing" trans never really needed this law to begin with.

Are we only allowing mid-transition individuals in? What about crossdressers? For that matter, what's to stop someone from simply posing as one, even if that's not what they really are?

What if a man shows no outward signs of being trans, but simply claims to be one?

Hell! Some people are suggesting we should just do away with the idea of gender segregated bathrooms entirely. I'm sorry, but that's simply an awful idea.

Like it or not, there are some legitimately dangerous men out there. Even if they are a small minority of the overall whole, they can still ruin quite a lot of lives if given the opportunity.

But they go into bathrooms with boys all the time, and yet molestation of boys in bathrooms has never been a significant issue. Because it's a public place.

My point is, a man playing dress-up won't "pass," as many actual trans people unfortunately can't for a variety of reasons, and they're harassed and assaulted most of the time they go into bathrooms. There's nothing less incognito.

I frankly don't ****ing care if men and women share bathrooms. They do all over the world, they do at lots of events I've been to, and never once has it been an issue to anyone.

If there's some kind of problem with men just raping everything in sight when they go into bathrooms (which there isn't), then the problem is that our society is failing to raise boys to be human beings, not that trans people aren't subjugated enough.

Claiming that there is any difference between men and women outside of the obvious body differences is now the definition of Sexism.

The script reads that the different genders are to be said to be interchangeable its, like generic cogs with different colors.

In other words if you are not accused of being sexist then you clearly dont have a decent grasp on reality.

Being called sexist is now a compliment.

It means U R NOT an idiot.

Seriously.

Last edited:
But they go into bathrooms with boys all the time, and yet molestation of boys in bathrooms has never been a significant issue. Because it's a public place.

Do you think the amount of female victims will increase if these men have greater access to females? If I had to guess I would say women would in fact start to be the majority of the victims if the genders were mixed more often in bathrooms. I'm not saying it would be a serious problem or anything, but I imagine the percentage of male v. female victims would move closer to what it is in the rest of society.

Claiming that there is any difference between men and women outside of the obvious body differences is now the definition of Sexism. The script reads that the different genders are to be said to be interchangable its.

In other words if you are not accused of being sexist then you clearly dont have a decent grasp on reality.

Being called sexist is now a compliment.

Seriously.

It's been that way for a long time now. :lol: Since people keep bringing up the differences I think it's safe to say the message that such talk is sexist is not entirely accepted.

It's been that way for a long time now. :lol: Since people keep bringing up the differences I think it's safe to say the message that such talk is sexist is not entirely accepted.

It has been that way for a bit, but what is new is truth tellers like me calling a spade a spade.

I have a visceral hostility towards both dishonesty and stupidity.

Both of which are toxic to liberalism.

You know.
>
>
>
>
>
Note: I changed that post a lot in editing, which is my custom. I always strive to deliver top quality content to DP. Giving me a few minutes to work the kinks out is a good idea.

Last edited:
Do you think the amount of female victims will increase if these men have greater access to females? If I had to guess I would say women would in fact start to be the majority of the victims if the genders were mixed more often in bathrooms. I'm not saying it would be a serious problem or anything, but I imagine the percentage of male v. female victims would move closer to what it is in the rest of society.

But they don't really. Unless you consider males ever being in any public space with any female as "greater access." So, no, given that even the kids they do have access to, they're not molesting them in bathrooms.

Rapists and child molesters are usually groomers. Strangers aren't the problem; family and partners are usually the sorts of people who do this, usually after planning it. The home is the most common scene of the crime.

And the reason is because raping people in public is a good way to get caught.

It has been that way for a bit, but what is new is truth tellers like me calling a spade a spade.

I have a visceral hostility towards both dishonesty and stupidity.

Both of which are toxic to liberalism.

You know.
>
>
>
>
>
Note: I changed that post a lot in editing, which is my custom. I always strive to deliver top quality content to DP. Giving me a few minutes to work the kinks out is a good idea.

Nah. Nothing has really changed in that regard. If you bring up a difference it's been a good chance you will be called a sexist for decades now. For me and I imagine a lot of other people we just got to the point where we stopped caring about being called a sexist. Calling someone a sexist doesn't invalidate their argument, it doesn't prove anything they said wrong, but just calls them a name in the hope it discredits them. It's a weak and stupid tactic used by idiots that have no argument.

My point is, a man playing dress-up won't "pass," as many actual trans people unfortunately can't for a variety of reasons, and they're harassed and assaulted most of the time they go into bathrooms. There's nothing less incognito.

I frankly don't ****ing care if men and women share bathrooms. They do all over the world, they do at lots of events I've been to, and never once has it been an issue to anyone.

If there's some kind of problem with men just raping everything in sight when they go into bathrooms (which there isn't), then the problem is that our society is failing to raise boys to be human beings, not that trans people aren't subjugated enough.

Young children are snatched from restrooms all the time. That's a big part of the reason why dad usually tags along when junior's got to take a pee.

It was hardly uncommon for my mother to actually take me into the women's room with her when I was little if dad wasn't around to do that.

Either way, think about how you're expanding the "pool" of available victims here. Sure... You might have to worry about pedophiles or male-on-male rapists in men's rooms now, but those are A) some pretty freaking tiny groups, as far as predators go, and B) the environment's a lot more high risk for them to operate in, because men are usually capable of defending themselves, or intervening. With gender integrated restrooms, you've not only got to worry about the pedophiles, but you're also allowing more run-of-the-mill varieties of rapists and predators access to their preferred quarry.

With increased opportunity, so too does inevitably follow increased action. That's simply a truism.

Last edited:
But they don't really. Unless you consider males ever being in any public space with any female as "greater access." So, no, given that even the kids they do have access to, they're not molesting them in bathrooms.

Rapists and child molesters are usually groomers. Strangers aren't the problem; family and partners are usually the sorts of people who do this, usually after planning it. The home is the most common scene of the crime.

And the reason is because raping people in public is a good way to get caught.

It makes sense actually. Boys are molested in bathrooms more because men have greater access to them in bathrooms. If that was to change the ratio of male v. female victims should move to match the rest of society.

Anyway, I think you missed my point. I'm not saying it will be a serious problem, but just that molesters of children that pick strangers will change to be more female focused.

But they don't really. Unless you consider males ever being in any public space with any female as "greater access."

From a purely statistical perspective? Yeah, it actually kind of does.

There is risk any time men and women interact. Unfortunately, seeing as how men are - generally speaking - the larger, stronger, more violent, and unpredictable of the two sexes, the majority of that risk falls upon women, on a de facto basis.

Nah. Nothing has really changed in that regard. If you bring up a difference it's been a good chance you will be called a sexist for decades now. For me and I imagine a lot of other people we just got to the point where we stopped caring about being called a sexist.

And all of the other BS Manipulative names the bullies call those who dont conform to their demands.

**** em, they can call me what ever they want, saying the words does not make it so.

I stopped caring, they can go have a ****ing nervous breakdown if they need to .

I got things to do, I cant be bothered with twits.

They might upgrade their manipulation.

But I dont think they can.

Cause they be twits.

:screwy

Last edited:
From a purely statistical perspective? Yeah, it actually kind of does.
From Gath with my bolded response:
There is risk any time men and women interact. Unfortunately, seeing as how men are - generally speaking - the larger ( on average) stronger (on average), more violent (wrong), and unpredictable (way wrong) of the two sexes, the majority of that risk falls upon women(NO, men tend to walk away the more shredded when they tangle with real women) on a de facto basis.
Back when women were women, not women who imagined that they were its or men, women knew how to handle men who got out of line. Do yourself a favor and read Jeannette Walls "Half Broke Horses" if you find yourself in need the history lesson. Read too her book " Glass Castle" because it is ****ing awesome.

Last edited:
9 times out of 10, the perpetrators will be male.

9 out of 10 times, the sexual assault is carried out in a home.
9 out of 10 times, when it is carried out in a restroom, the victim is a boy.

I've often wondered why men, especially white men, would want to become women, considering the major perks white men have just being men. Seems women are generally still not close to equal in workforce, religions, society, so why do they want to dissuade themselves from such benefits? I would understand wanting to be crossdresser on my own time, but to actually become and remain a woman? But, I guess if this is the way we "see" men, as basically pathetic, degenerate assholes... which y'know does kind of ring true for so many..... I'll never understand transgenderism from male to female, nonetheless I support their right to be who they perceive themselves to be.

LOL
You know, I don't FTM personally, can't wrap my head around why on earth you'd want to go that route.

9 out of 10 times, the sexual assault is carried out in a home.

Which doesn't mean that they are a non-issue in other locations.

9 out of 10 times, when it is carried out in a restroom, the victim is a boy.

As already noted, boys are basically all restroom prowling male sexual predators have access to at the moment. That could change, given the way some people talk about the issue.

As already noted, boys are basically all restroom prowling male sexual predators have access to at the moment. That could change, given the way some people talk about the issue.

I have no idea why that needs to be mentioned. You can easy test the theory too. If there was room of predators and all you gave them access to is boys then the predators will only molest boys. If you have the same room of predators but you slowly increase the amount of availability the predators have to girls you would see the ratio of victimization between the sexes start to shift. If finally you put in an equal amount of boys and girls into the room then the ratio of victimization would be entirely dependent on the predators choice of victim. Since predators molest girls more often in general society you can exact that the ratio of girls being victimized will be higher in a situation of equal access.

But you're not at all worried about women using it to exploit men and boys, even though it's clear that can and does happen, though if the women are pretty enough seems the courts will determine that their crime isn't a heinous as an attractive man's.

I'm more than fine punishing women who leverage their guaranteed access to potential victims to victimize men or boys. I simply think it will happen less often, and I think that the physical and intimidation threat factor is less for a woman attempting to spy on a man.

Which then also doesn't mean that women attacking anyone, in either restroom is a non-issue, yet for some reason the idea is glossed over, hence this thread.

How sexist the transgender bathroom is being discussed? I mean really, no one is the least concerned about a female bodied transgender male going into a men's bathroom, but many are nearly hysterical of male bodied transgender females using the female bathroom. So I guess a society we've determined that male bodied persons are degenerate assholes who will do anything to cop a look at women pulling up and down their panties. No wonder many men want a sex change.

Hmm.....

You haven't been reading all the discussions that pop up about it - apparently. I've discussed this exact thing at length with others here and in other places. A few news reports relating to it have, in fact, been focused on this very thing you claim no one cares about.

How sexist the transgender bathroom is being discussed? I mean really, no one is the least concerned about a female bodied transgender male going into a men's bathroom, but many are nearly hysterical of male bodied transgender females using the female bathroom. So I guess a society we've determined that male bodied persons are degenerate assholes who will do anything to cop a look at women pulling up and down their panties. No wonder many men want a sex change.

Hmm.....

LMAO well I dont know about all that but yes all the arguments to discriminate against transgenders come up short in the logic, facts and justifications departments. Its always fun watching them try though.

Hmm.....

You know what I have noticed, though: That people say things like what you've just said, and then in the next breath will explain that transgendered people face discrimination by using their natural-gendered restroom facility, and that's the real reason for them needing to use the opposite restroom (or - if you'd rather - a restroom that aligns with how they feel about their gender, rather than what physical gender traits that exhibit).

So which is it? Transgendered people are unfairly discriminated against when they want to use their naturally aligning bathroom or the other bathroom?

It cannot POSSIBLY be both.

And if it is both, then what good does it do to 'fight for the right to use the other bathroom'?

Which then also doesn't mean that women attacking anyone, in either restroom is a non-issue, yet for some reason the idea is glossed over, hence this thread.

:roll:

Please. How often do women assault or harass men, let alone in restrooms?

It's vanishingly rare to say the least (I honestly can't think of a single example of it happening).

How common is it for men to assault or harass women? Yeah... I thought so.

I'm sorry, but you guys are trying to appeal to an equivalency here which simply doesn't exist. In the vast, vast majority of cases where overt sexual aggression is involved, men are the aggressors, and women the victims. That's really all there is to it.

On an objective basis, gender desegregation of spaces like restrooms will expose women to a greater amount of risk as such.

You know what I have noticed, though: That people say things like what you've just said, and then in the next breath will explain that transgendered people face discrimination by using their natural-gendered restroom facility, and that's the real reason for them needing to use the opposite restroom (or - if you'd rather - a restroom that aligns with how they feel about their gender, rather than what physical gender traits that exhibit).

So which is it? Transgendered people are unfairly discriminated against when they want to use their naturally aligning bathroom or the other bathroom?

It cannot POSSIBLY be both.

And if it is both, then what good does it do to 'fight for the right to use the other bathroom'?

I've never said that, however I do get that for transgender females walking into a men's room dressed and behaving as a woman could be an issue, because it'd be pretty obvious. A transgender male, not so much since so many women dress in jeans and t-shirts and even suits. Also since the women's room has all stalls, no one would be the wiser either way. In the end, it seems that this aspect of the issue has to do with men's room's lack of privacy as a whole and therefore the exposure that transgender females would face there.

Seems pretty straight forward to me, I don't get how you don't get it.

:roll:

Please. How often do women assault or harass men, let alone in restrooms?

It's vanishingly rare to say the least (I honestly can't think of a single example of it happening).

How common is it for men to assault or harass women? Yeah... I thought so.

I'm sorry, but you guys are trying to appeal to an equivalency here which simply doesn't exist. In the vast, vast majority of cases where overt sexual aggression is involved, men are the aggressors, and women the victims. That's really all there is to it.

On an objective basis, gender desegregation of spaces like restrooms will expose women to a greater amount of risk as such.

Exactly! So instead of bitching and moaning about transgender women wanting a safe environment to pee, the ladies' room, perhaps heterosexual men need to work on their own behavior such that such information becomes the rarity. We need to stop the "boys will be boys" bs and start teaching them better.

Exactly! So instead of bitching and moaning about transgender women wanting a safe environment to pee, the ladies' room, perhaps heterosexual men need to work on their own behavior such that such information becomes the rarity. We need to stop the "boys will be boys" bs and start teaching them better.

Well... Gee. If it's that damn simple, do you think we can try and get rid of all war, poverty, and violent crime while we're at it? :roll:

I'm sorry, but the simple fact of the matter is that human beings suck - Some more than others. That's always been the case, and - barring some rather extensive forays into the realm of behavioral modification via genetic engineering (frankly, if we're being honest, probably not even then) - it always will be.

Like it or not, some people are natural predators. If you provide them with an easily accessible hunting ground, they WILL take advantage of that.

I mean... I'm really not sure what else to say here. This is both common sense and common knowledge. :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom