• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have a look at what "Dr." Price (great name, considering) has in store for you

We have a way of answering snide people in the south we smile, look them in the eye and say "that's nice - that's very nice of you". Now, let me say in response and in my deepest southern accent possible "that's nice, that's very nice of you!". But seriously, I do advocate employers being able to afford health care for their full time employees and them as well covering as much as possible for the spouse and family members. For goodness sakes, it worked like that for decades. But then along came a lot of people who decided they would live off the land - let the government (aka - me and you) foot the bill. Here in Atlanta, ask all those folks who have no insurance who have gone to the Grady Hospital. Grady gives them and ID card and then the next time they have a bad cold, they head on over to Grady. When asked if they have insurance, they say "yes sir" here's my Grady card. Come on folks, we can't all be that stupid. Insurance costs money - money is earned by working. And, if you are like me, you would never, ever go to a hospital for a cold. You might not even go see a doctor. You do what our parents did, you take two aspirin, work if you have to, rest when you can and get on with your life.

But sadly, there are many who don't care where the money comes from. So let me ask you this nice question. Do you advocate for uninsured spouses of employees. If so, how much out of your paycheck are you willing to contribute. Maybe I could set up a go fund me account for people like you who are so very, very selfless, that they'd happily donate 1/2 of their paycheck to pay for the uninsured.

By the way, I pay about $4000 a month to insure two employees and their families.

I will continue to do that because those people work hard each and every day for my business and they deserve coverage.

As for making an assumption about the replacement of Obamacare - there is only one place to go with that and I would assume that is up.

Will you also keep crying "poor-mouth" even as you benefit from these employees work? I don't get people like you: on the one hand you seem to appreciate their labor and on the other like to moan about how much they cost you. Doesn't the old saying "you get what you pay for" mean anything to people like you? Earlier it sounded like you were trying to blame taking good care of your employees for your business woes but now you seem to suggest they're a big reason why you're a success. So, which is it?

You are right. It is better to get a grant these days or rich parents.

But I don't see why people shouldn't pay for their education, though. I think working through school is rather honorable. If you don't make enough and your parents soend too much to give you anything.... well, then you can borrow it.

But the best thing would be a minimum income for everyone.

You liked what Chomsky wrote but you didn't get it. It's really impossible to work one's way through college these days (well, unless you have a full-time job and go to school part-time---maybe--and take 8 to 10 years to get a degree instead of 3-4).

You are right. It is better to get a grant these days or rich parents.

But I don't see why people shouldn't pay for their education, though. I think working through school is rather honorable. If you don't make enough and your parents soend too much to give you anything.... well, then you can borrow it.

But the best thing would be a minimum income for everyone.

It appears you have no concept of what the driving force of our economy is. Here's what it isn't: a population which is forced to live on a "minimum income." Please tell us you're joking.

On $10 and 20 hours in a 50 week year it won't be Harvard, anyway.

It won't be any accredited public university either. Gawd. You seem to have no idea what the real world is like. If it were almost anyone else I'd suspect you were being ironic but I've leaned enough about you in other discussions to know you don't have a sense of humor--at that level, at least.

I have no objections to the repeal and renaming of Obamacare as long as the replacement provides as good or better coverage as we already have for as many Americans as possible. Let the common welfare for the most Americans drive the decision making.

Well, that's precisely the circle that republicans are not going to square. Now they're starting to appeal to dems to save them from themselves (or more likely go down with them).

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ron-johnson-obamacare-replacement

P.S. If even one dem caves in to the reps on this I might never vote for any of them again.

Spoken like someone who never had to work for a living. Can you really be that clueless?

That is the way the it works in most of Europe. It is only mostly not realized by the insured, who think the employers are footing the bill. To keep the people ignorant the cash is not paid to the employee and then by the employee to an insurance company. It never hits the wage earners' accounts. This is accounted as a cost of employment and a manager or owner always calculates it as a part of remuneration. It is one of the main reasons for black market employment. When calculating higher headcount, the number is dependent on the sum of costs the employer will have to pay including the health insurance premiums.

The "social program" is paid for out of the lower wages.

It appears you have no concept of what the driving force of our economy is. Here's what it isn't: a population which is forced to live on a "minimum income." Please tell us you're joking.

Forced? You seem to know very little about the minimum income endeavors. One of the most advanced social democracies in Europe is experimenting with it right now, because they cannot sustain the social system as it is. And you might want to look up the studies of the experiments done here in the US in the 60s/70s. We called it negative tax, which is the term you might want to Google.

You liked what Chomsky wrote but you didn't get it. It's really impossible to work one's way through college these days (well, unless you have a full-time job and go to school part-time---maybe--and take 8 to 10 years to get a degree instead of 3-4).

So you are one of the guys that wants his secretary to pay for his kids' education. I see. ;)

So you are one of the guys that wants his secretary to pay for his kids' education. I see. ;)

You have a penchant for making the most bizarre statements, completely untethered to anything other people have said or even implied. It's become your trademark.

Is there a reason you put "Doctor" in quotes other than to convey disregard for facts in favor of hackery?

Before His HHS Nom, Price Had Employer Health Insurance In His Sights

I can hardly wait for him to push for that idea with President Twit. Since about 90% of the OCare haters have employer either Medicare or employer-based health insurance wouldn't it be poetic justice if they lost their nearly free-lunch along with all the people who get thrown off when OCare is destroyed and Medicare is shredded by these soulless psychopaths? Oh, yes. Let's have that.

Re: that name; he'll Price-you-out of your health insurance.

Why do you have "Dr." in quotes?

Is there a reason you put "Doctor" in quotes other than to convey disregard for facts in favor of hackery?

Ooops, my bad...I didn't get past the OP and asked him the same thing.

My question was rhetorical. I know why he put it in quotes. Either he made a moronic mistake and meant to put "Price" in quotes, or else he doesn't understand that someone who is an MD and surgeon actually gets the title "Dr.".

Ooops, my bad...I didn't get past the OP and asked him the same thing.

My question was rhetorical. I know why he put it in quotes. Either he made a moronic mistake and meant to put "Price" in quotes, or else he doesn't understand that someone who is an MD and surgeon actually gets the title "Dr.".

Anyone who doesn't work for free and / or support abolishing all private healthcare isn't really a doctor, don't'cha'kno.

Why do you have "Dr." in quotes?

He's more of an opportunistic ego-driven profit-seeker with an MD than an actual physician. He's one of those guys who decided to go to medical school with $ signs in his eyes not because he felt any desire to devote his skills to people's health. Then he decided to parlay that into a political sinecure.

Anyone who doesn't work for free and / or support abolishing all private healthcare isn't really a doctor, don't'cha'kno.

I guess that would be the simpleton's way of trying to understand something about which they know nothing.

I see a couple of nit-pickers have joined the discussion late to whine about the "'s around Price's title. I guess they have some naive idea about what shmuck's like Price are like in real life.

He's more of an opportunistic ego-driven profit-seeker with an MD than an actual physician. He's one of those guys who decided to go to medical school with $ signs in his eyes not because he felt any desire to devote his skills to people's health. Then he decided to parlay that into a political sinecure.

Oh so he's a doctor... but he isn't a left wing nut job so you think he doesn't count. Got it.

Maybe if he killed more human beings for money you'd like him more?

Oh so he's a doctor... but he isn't a left wing nut job so you think he doesn't count. Got it.

Maybe if he killed more human beings for money you'd like him more?

Are you feeling ill? Your comments fairly scream out serious unwellness of some type. Or are histrionics like that your only way of communicating (which could also indicate an affliction of some kind)?

You have a penchant for making the most bizarre statements, completely untethered to anything other people have said or even implied. It's become your trademark.

You want free education? That means taxpayers (your secretary) pay for other people's (your) kids.

Are you feeling ill? Your comments fairly scream out serious unwellness of some type. Or are histrionics like that your only way of communicating (which could also indicate an affliction of some kind)?

Yeah, fam. I'm allergic to bull****. Like the OP.

You want free education? That means taxpayers (your secretary) pay for other people's (your) kids.

Not necessarily. The money can be generated in many different ways without ever touching the hard working people you'd like to condemn to poverty by enforcing a "minimum income" for them and exposing their health both physical and financial to the predations of the health insurance cartel.

Not necessarily. The money can be generated in many different ways without ever touching the hard working people you'd like to condemn to poverty by enforcing a "minimum income" for them and exposing their health both physical and financial to the predations of the health insurance cartel.

It could be, but luckily the secretary is still paying for your kids' university.

Back
Top Bottom