• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Have a look at what "Dr." Price (great name, considering) has in store for you

digitusmedius

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/tom-price-employer-heath-plans

I can hardly wait for him to push for that idea with President Twit. Since about 90% of the OCare haters have employer either Medicare or employer-based health insurance wouldn't it be poetic justice if they lost their nearly free-lunch along with all the people who get thrown off when OCare is destroyed and Medicare is shredded by these soulless psychopaths? Oh, yes. Let's have that.

Re: that name; he'll Price-you-out of your health insurance.

Last edited:
Before His HHS Nom, Price Had Employer Health Insurance In His Sights

I can hardly wait for him to push for that idea with President Twit. Since about 90% of the OCare haters have employer either Medicare or employer-based health insurance wouldn't it be poetic justice if they lost their nearly free-lunch along with all the people who get thrown off when OCare is destroyed and Medicare is shredded by these soulless psychopaths? Oh, yes. Let's have that.

That is well observed! Health care coverage is not "free" for the employee just because the employer pays. That is the feeling that employees get and why social democrats in Europe like it so much. But it's pretty uneducated to so believe

That is well observed! Health care coverage is not "free" for the employee just because the employer pays. That is the feeling that employees get and why social democrats in Europe like it so much. But it's pretty uneducated to so believe

True - and since Ocare - employers who were faced with larger and larger premiums had to stop covering spouses of employees and their children. How did that benefit anyone?

I don't trust Dr. Price to improve on the health insurance needs of Americans. Do you?

True - and since Ocare - employers who were faced with larger and larger premiums had to stop covering spouses of employees and their children. How did that benefit anyone?

To pay the higher premiums all they need do is pay lower wages.

Your selflessness shines through! How admirable of you to advocate for the uninsured spouses of employees. Can we assume the replacement of Obamacare includes quality coverage for these currently uninsured spouses?

It does come down to that doesn't it? I can only hire the people I can afford. And, if I'm forced to pay health care that is too costly, then I can't employ full time people. When I was putting myself through college, I did so on a $10 an hour job and supported myself in my own place (shared with roommates) and paid for my college fees, books etc. I didn't get to go to a "prestigious college" but I made my way through with very little debt. My employer didn't cover health care for anyone - I didn't even have a sick day of pay the six years I worked there. But, I am grateful for the opportunity. It helped me to get where I am today.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obama-care,was designed as a ticking time bomb. All involved with Its conception and the writing of the act knew it would be unsustainable. No amount of fear mongering of granny will die in the streets and kids with cancer will languish without treatment will change that fact.

To now vilify the bomb technicians attempting to defuse this mess is very telling. The whole rouse of the (ACA) was intended as a pathway to universal healthcare and known in advance was Its eventual failure. Lets also keep in mind that these people (democrats/Liberals) spent over a trillion dollars on this pet project that will be shelved, and rightly so, with a stroke of a pen.

I suggest you look at the models they considered and wanted to follow, the NHS in the UK, Jee’s what a complete mess that is now. Or the Canadian model with gut wrenching taxes to the individual.

I am 100% behind revamping the US healthcare system, I am 100% behind holding the Pharm. Mafia and corporations accountable for costs. But, I would rather work with private companies and hold them accountable via legislation than start the biggest government agency we could imagine with zero accountability.

It does come down to that doesn't it? I can only hire the people I can afford. And, if I'm forced to pay health care that is too costly, then I can't employ full time people. When I was putting myself through college, I did so on a $10 an hour job and supported myself in my own place (shared with roommates) and paid for my college fees, books etc. I didn't get to go to a "prestigious college" but I made my way through with very little debt. My employer didn't cover health care for anyone - I didn't even have a sick day of pay the six years I worked there. But, I am grateful for the opportunity. It helped me to get where I am today.

Boy! You're not at all liberal enough. ;)

Your selflessness shines through! How admirable of you to advocate for the uninsured spouses of employees. Can we assume the replacement of Obamacare includes quality coverage for these currently uninsured spouses?

We have a way of answering snide people in the south we smile, look them in the eye and say "that's nice - that's very nice of you". Now, let me say in response and in my deepest southern accent possible "that's nice, that's very nice of you!". But seriously, I do advocate employers being able to afford health care for their full time employees and them as well covering as much as possible for the spouse and family members. For goodness sakes, it worked like that for decades. But then along came a lot of people who decided they would live off the land - let the government (aka - me and you) foot the bill. Here in Atlanta, ask all those folks who have no insurance who have gone to the Grady Hospital. Grady gives them and ID card and then the next time they have a bad cold, they head on over to Grady. When asked if they have insurance, they say "yes sir" here's my Grady card. Come on folks, we can't all be that stupid. Insurance costs money - money is earned by working. And, if you are like me, you would never, ever go to a hospital for a cold. You might not even go see a doctor. You do what our parents did, you take two aspirin, work if you have to, rest when you can and get on with your life.

But sadly, there are many who don't care where the money comes from. So let me ask you this nice question. Do you advocate for uninsured spouses of employees. If so, how much out of your paycheck are you willing to contribute. Maybe I could set up a go fund me account for people like you who are so very, very selfless, that they'd happily donate 1/2 of their paycheck to pay for the uninsured.

By the way, I pay about $4000 a month to insure two employees and their families.

I will continue to do that because those people work hard each and every day for my business and they deserve coverage.

As for making an assumption about the replacement of Obamacare - there is only one place to go with that and I would assume that is up.

By the time Trump's picks and the GOP are done with us, we'll be no better-off than the average 3rd worlder. Except we'll have more prisons.

With all respect, was your college experience perhaps a while back, like mine?

My college boy is now working at slightly over the wage you made, and there's no way he could pay for college and live on his own. He can barely afford reliable transportation and his books as it is. I had to buy him a car for school, and he still lives at home.

If your experience was in the past (and I don't know it was), you may find the old metrics don't quite apply today.

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) or Obama-care,was designed as a ticking time bomb. All involved with Its conception and the writing of the act knew it would be unsustainable. No amount of fear mongering of granny will die in the streets and kids with cancer will languish without treatment will change that fact.

To now vilify the bomb technicians attempting to defuse this mess is very telling. The whole rouse of the (ACA) was intended as a pathway to universal healthcare and known in advance was Its eventual failure. Lets also keep in mind that these people (democrats/Liberals) spent over a trillion dollars on this pet project that will be shelved, and rightly so, with a stroke of a pen.

I suggest you look at the models they considered and wanted to follow, the NHS in the UK, Jee’s what a complete mess that is now. Or the Canadian model with gut wrenching taxes to the individual.

I am 100% behind revamping the US healthcare system, I am 100% behind holding the Pharm. Mafia and corporations accountable for costs. But, I would rather work with private companies and hold them accountable via legislation than start the biggest government agency we could imagine with zero accountability.

LOL The ACA was legislation to hold the private insurers accountable. Nothing that is proposed to replace it does anything but remove accountability. They will remove the cap on insurer profits, remove the ban on dropping people when they get sick, and remove the ban on pre-existing conditions. BTW Romneycare in Mass. and the AHC WAS the Heritage Foundations replacement for public universal HC. They would be surprised to hear that you think it was meant to lead to it.

With all respect, was your college experience perhaps a while back, like mine?

My college boy is now working at slightly over the wage you made, and there's no way he could pay for college and live on his own. He can barely afford reliable transportation and his books as it is. I had to buy him a car for school, and he still lives at home.

If your experience was in the past (and I don't know it was), you may find the old metrics don't quite apply today.

You are right. It is better to get a grant these days or rich parents.

But I don't see why people shouldn't pay for their education, though. I think working through school is rather honorable. If you don't make enough and your parents soend too much to give you anything.... well, then you can borrow it.

But the best thing would be a minimum income for everyone.

By the time Trump's picks and the GOP are done with us, we'll be no better-off than the average 3rd worlder. Except we'll have more prisons.

It will be liberating.

You are right. It is better to get a grant these days or rich parents.

But I don't see why people shouldn't pay for their education, though. I think working through school is rather honorable. If you don't make enough and your parents soend too much to give you anything.... well, then you can borrow it.

But the best thing would be a minimum income for everyone.
Working while in school *is* honorable, and very much an important maturing and realization experience!

But all the old stories of how one "worked their way through college" do not apply to today's economics, as I see it. Unless one is a full-time worker, maybe with tuition re-reimbursement, and takes 8 years at 2 classes a semester.

I just don't see how anyone can self-support & pay their way through a 4 year degree on today's part-time jobs.

LOL The ACA was legislation to hold the private insurers accountable. Nothing that is proposed to replace it does anything but remove accountability. They will remove the cap on insurer profits, remove the ban on dropping people when they get sick, and remove the ban on pre-existing conditions. BTW Romneycare in Mass. and the AHC WAS the Heritage Foundations replacement for public universal HC. They would be surprised to hear that you think it was meant to lead to it.

Since you have such as fantastical crystal ball can I bother you with mega=millions ticket picks? Small scale experiments such as the ConnectorCare in MA can be manageable with 180 thousand subscribers. Note: these folks are now melded into Obama-care and enjoy the same outrageously high deductibles and premiums as the rest of us.

Working while in school *is* honorable, and very much an important maturing and realization experience!

But all the old stories of how one "worked their way through college" do not apply to today's economics, as I see it. Unless one is a full-time worker, maybe with tuition re-reimbursement, and takes 8 years at 2 classes a semester.

I just don't see how anyone can self-support & pay their way through a 4 year degree on today's part-time jobs.

On $10 and 20 hours in a 50 week year it won't be Harvard, anyway.

We have a way of answering snide people in the south we smile, look them in the eye and say "that's nice - that's very nice of you". Now, let me say in response and in my deepest southern accent possible "that's nice, that's very nice of you!". But seriously, I do advocate employers being able to afford health care for their full time employees and them as well covering as much as possible for the spouse and family members. For goodness sakes, it worked like that for decades. But then along came a lot of people who decided they would live off the land - let the government (aka - me and you) foot the bill. Here in Atlanta, ask all those folks who have no insurance who have gone to the Grady Hospital. Grady gives them and ID card and then the next time they have a bad cold, they head on over to Grady. When asked if they have insurance, they say "yes sir" here's my Grady card. Come on folks, we can't all be that stupid. Insurance costs money - money is earned by working. And, if you are like me, you would never, ever go to a hospital for a cold. You might not even go see a doctor. You do what our parents did, you take two aspirin, work if you have to, rest when you can and get on with your life.

But sadly, there are many who don't care where the money comes from. So let me ask you this nice question. Do you advocate for uninsured spouses of employees. If so, how much out of your paycheck are you willing to contribute. Maybe I could set up a go fund me account for people like you who are so very, very selfless, that they'd happily donate 1/2 of their paycheck to pay for the uninsured.

By the way, I pay about $4000 a month to insure two employees and their families.

I will continue to do that because those people work hard each and every day for my business and they deserve coverage.

As for making an assumption about the replacement of Obamacare - there is only one place to go with that and I would assume that is up.

During my stint in Atlanta, I worked for four different employers- the Mellow Mushroom chain, The Capital City Club (the one by Oglethorpe), Houston's Restaurant (by Lenox Square) and a french restaurant in Lenox Square that shut down. Not a one provided insurance. I didn't sweat it. I had a Georgia Tech friend drop me off at Amicalola Falls State Park. I walked to Baxter State Park in Maine. Years later, I married an Allstate Insurance Adjuster. For 22 years her employer provided my fantastic health insurance. When we divorced in 2011, I opted for COBRA at $421/month. I paid it for nearly 2 years and did not receive one penny back in benefits. IOW it totally sucked! Now I pay a very reasonable premium for very good coverage provided by Florida Blue (Select 1456C) via Obamacare. My oldest daughter, in 2007, chose Georgia Tech for Civil Engineering... leaving with an undergraduate and graduate degree. She has already paid off her college debt. I have no objections to the repeal and renaming of Obamacare as long as the replacement provides as good or better coverage as we already have for as many Americans as possible. Let the common welfare for the most Americans drive the decision making.

Since you have such as fantastical crystal ball can I bother you with mega=millions ticket picks? Small scale experiments such as the ConnectorCare in MA can be manageable with 180 thousand subscribers. Note: these folks are now melded into Obama-care and enjoy the same outrageously high deductibles and premiums as the rest of us.

You are clueless about what the Republicans are proposing I see. They are raving about the HIGH DEDUCTIBLE policies that will abound after the repeal. It is high deductibles and coverage limits that are the backbone of their "cost reduction" mantra since they are doing away with caps on the % that insurers can keep of your premium and all the cost reductions the ACA imposed on providers. Since there is nothing left to actually reduce actual HC costs you can expect premiums to keep going up like that have for many years before the ACA.

Well, that's pure BS.

Spoken like someone who never had to work for a living. Can you really be that clueless?

Well, it's also complete BS.

It sounds to me like you need to blame someone or something else for your failure to succeed in business.

There might be a grain of truth in what you say in the sense that since OCare still depended on the private profit driven wealthcare cartel it was doomed. As long as this cartel has a strangle hold on how Americans get health care the whole idea is doomed.

Back
Top Bottom