• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has diversity benefited the USA?

Has ethnic/racial/cultural/religious diversity benefited the USA?

• Yes, people are happier and the country is better than ever in history

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • No, people are angrier with escalating conflicts and problems

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Yes and No. It depends which demographic you are

Votes: 20 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters
..as did I. Diversity isn't a choice, if one is to live in a multicultural, multiracial world and forward looking society.
Regards,
CP

Nobody said it's a choice.

Strange, you are willing to accept that this man had it coming. You never did address the women or others who disrespected him for being white, and giving his perspective. Oh, that's right, only the races you select can be insulted. For just one moment, I fantasized I was living in an equitable world. You need to feel shame for writing such a slanted and inconsiderate(of all peoples) post. I feel shame for you.
Bodhisattva = you did not deserve that treatment and I and people of total conscience are with you! There needs to be a stop to hating on the Caucasian! if everyone will stop hate, maybe hate will go away.
Regards,
CP

Let me tell you something. I've owned my own business with over 120 employees. I've been manager of a respiratory company with 4 drivers, 3 respiratory therapists, two salesmen and 4 customer service representatives. I've been through management seminars and knew how to train my staff as to how to interact with physican's offices, new patients, sick people, scared people, rude people, verbally abusive people. I have never had any one of them unprepared to manage the situation and either diffuse it, apologize if they had to, and ultimately resolve it without making anyone angry enough to curse and swear as you just did at his situation because you're holding onto your anger as though it's a badge of honor. So, you need to take a lesson, learn to deal with it, get over it and move on from it without carrying it around like a suitcase full of rocks your whole life. That's life, put it behind you and learn from it.

Last edited:
Let me tell you something. I've owned my own business with over 120 employees. I've been manager of a respiratory company with 4 drivers, 3 respiratory therapists, two salesmen and 4 customer service representatives. I've been through management seminars and knew how to train my staff as to how to interact with physican's offices, new patients, sick people, scared people, rude people, verbally abusive people. I have never had any one of them unprepared to manage the situation and either diffuse it, apologize if they had to, and ultimately resolve it without making anyone angry enough to curse and swear as you just did at his situation because you're holding onto your anger as though it's a badge of honor. So, you need to take a lesson, learn to deal with it, get over it and move on from it without carrying it around like a suitcase full of rocks your whole life. That's life, put it behind you and learn from it.

Whom did I curse? As a typical liberal, you set up faux opposition and attack ad hominem. I merely stated that if an individual expresses an honest opinion, they are entitled to respect. If to be called out for being white as Bodhisattva stated is acceptable to you, I shudder to think what sort of milquetoast you have trained and I'm sorry they had to put up with it so you could make a buck. I carry no baggage of hate, nor will I accept a face full of it from others because they carry some sort of guilt they want to project. So far as I can tell, most reasonable people are doing their best to make the system work. Many, of all colors, are fatigued to exhaustion of being blamed for every failure of stated class..
You fancy yourself a paragon of truth because you had some training, or ran a company? Take a deep breath and recognize you have peers, or betters here who don't agree with you. Let me tell you that.
Regards,
CP

Whom did I curse? As a typical liberal, you set up faux opposition and attack ad hominem. I merely stated that if an individual expresses an honest opinion, they are entitled to respect. If to be called out for being white as Bodhisattva stated is acceptable to you, I shudder to think what sort of milquetoast you have trained and I'm sorry they had to put up with it so you could make a buck. I carry no baggage of hate, nor will I accept a face full of it from others because they carry some sort of guilt they want to project. So far as I can tell, most reasonable people are doing their best to make the system work. Many, of all colors, are fatigued to exhaustion of being blamed for every failure of stated class..
You fancy yourself a paragon of truth because you had some training, or ran a company? Take a deep breath and recognize you have peers, or betters here who don't agree with you. Let me tell you that.
Regards,
CP

Oh sorry, I thought it was you that was cursing out those women with filthy language, the ones that were rude to you.

08f0e45e-36b5-4629-a906-adcd5e5cce48.png

Oh sorry, I thought it was you that was cursing out those women with filthy language, the ones that were rude to you.

What a strange post...

anyway... no... I did not curse out anybody... cursing out means cursing them to their faces... not years later when describing their actions on a message board.

Strange, you are willing to accept that this man had it coming. You never did address the women or others who disrespected him for being white, and giving his perspective. Oh, that's right, only the races you select can be insulted. For just one moment, I fantasized I was living in an equitable world. You need to feel shame for writing such a slanted and inconsiderate(of all peoples) post. I feel shame for you.
Bodhisattva = you did not deserve that treatment and I and people of total conscience are with you! There needs to be a stop to hating on the Caucasian! if everyone will stop hate, maybe hate will go away.
Regards,
CP

Cheers mate.

you are all over the place... refocus...

From many one is America's strength. Diversity is slowly destroying the country.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

From many one is America's strength. Diversity is slowly destroying the country.

why is me not being christian or liking foot ball destroying the country?

Um, I don't think the diversity has anything to do with our well being. Isn't well being a product of public health? And it is so, what is directly correlated with a healthy public? The answer is equality in society. The wealth imbalance screws with our health and happiness by far. I personally don't care if I am surrounded by blacks, whites, asians, ect...does it matter if all I care about is having access to resources when I need them? For real, you all act like such pansies around other cultures when in reality all you should care about is happiness and science and a good economy...

Um, I don't think the diversity has anything to do with our well being. Isn't well being a product of public health? And it is so, what is directly correlated with a healthy public? The answer is equality in society. The wealth imbalance screws with our health and happiness by far. I personally don't care if I am surrounded by blacks, whites, asians, ect...does it matter if all I care about is having access to resources when I need them? For real, you all act like such pansies around other cultures when in reality all you should care about is happiness and science and a good economy...

//// Um, I don't think the diversity hsa anything to do with our well being. /////// <----- Tell that to the military.

//// Um, I don't think the diversity hsa anything to do with our well being. /////// <----- Tell that to the military.

What,the murder forces of the world (Military) does better with a "good mix " of "races"? What about pubic health. Why is the first thing Americans come up with have to be how well their team killers do?

What,the murder forces of the world (Military) does better with a "good mix " of "races"? What about pubic health. Why is the first thing Americans come up with have to be how well their team killers do?

very silly red herring...summarily dismissed.

why is me not being christian or liking foot ball destroying the country?
Not liking football is not destroying the country. Since Colin Kaepernick I don't particularly like football either. Not being Christian isn't destroying the country either as long as we adhere to the Judeo Christian ethic that was our founding.

Not liking football is not destroying the country. Since Colin Kaepernick I don't particularly like football either. Not being Christian isn't destroying the country either as long as we adhere to the Judeo Christian ethic that was our founding.

what ethic is that?

A society is based upon cohesion, not diversity.

If you go down there that mindset, people wouldn’t even be able to live in small nuclear families, let alone the same nations, or even the same planet. It’s really about social skills, learning to appreciate others despite our differences with them, learning to understand others and appreciate the good in them, etc...

If you have those skills, it’s amazing how well you can get along with people completely unlike yourself. Without them, you couldn’t get along with your own twin.

Last edited:
As compared to any other demographic, no. I am a white man. I have never been accused to bringing crime to neighborhoods. I run over a thousand miles a year, no on has ever moved to the other side of the street when they saw me running, no matter what the hour was. No one has ever thought I would reduce their property values when I moved into their neighborhood. No one has ever thought I had an evil religion, or said that I should be profiled at airports, or anywhere else. No one has ever said that the marriage between my wife and I should not be recognized by the state. No one has ever said that I should not be able to adopt or am an unfit parent because I am a white heterosexual male. Should I go on?

Your point is that you feel really extra bad about none of that stuff happening to you? Do you want any of that to happen to you? What's your point?

As compared to any other demographic, no. I am a white man. I have never been accused to bringing crime to neighborhoods. I run over a thousand miles a year, no on has ever moved to the other side of the street when they saw me running, no matter what the hour was. No one has ever thought I would reduce their property values when I moved into their neighborhood. No one has ever thought I had an evil religion, or said that I should be profiled at airports, or anywhere else. No one has ever said that the marriage between my wife and I should not be recognized by the state. No one has ever said that I should not be able to adopt or am an unfit parent because I am a white heterosexual male. Should I go on?

Oh, yes you have.

'White men are the biggest terrorist threat'- Don Lemming, CNN

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...est-terror-threat-this-country/?noredirect=on

'White men account for 69% of those arrested for violent crimes', Sally Kohn, CNN. Proven false by Politifact

https://www-m.cnn.com/2015/03/19/op...n-white-men-69-percent-arrested-violent/&rm=1

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...y-kohn-white-men-69-percent-arrested-violent/

"I admit it. I am afraid of white men who are strangers. This is especially the case when white men are in groups, but on occasions when I have seen a lone white man on a dark street at night, I have quickened my steps and crossed the road. I do not – of course – think that white men are by their nature evil or violent. Yet listening to the stories about the gunplay of Oscar Pistorius and his mates this week has reminded me of how little we speak about white male violence in this country."- Sisonke Msimang

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opi...void-white-men-a-conversation-about-violence/

Religion- "During the years of the Obama presidency, for instance, the percentage of Americans who identified as white and Christian declined from 54 to 43 — more than a percentage point every year."

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...er-examines-worry-in-white-christian-america/

The death of white Christian America is heralded as the key to ushering in the left's long held vision of what victory looks like for them. They've hated Christianity, and particularly white Christians, since the 1800s Marxist infiltration into progressive politics.

Heterosexual marriage- 'Traditional marriage is dead, let's celebrate', Jill Filipovic, the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2011/mar/09/traditional-marriage-us-report

Your point is that you feel really extra bad about none of that stuff happening to you? Do you want any of that to happen to you? What's your point?

My point is that for a white guy to play the victim in our society is about as pathetic as it gets.

Oh, sorry?? Doesn't sound too genuine, but okay. I do sympathize with B's frustration, but I don't believe I've ever used foul language here and don't like its usage by anyone else.
Regards,
CP

My point is that for a white guy to play the victim in our society is about as pathetic as it gets.

I am shocked by that blanket statement. There are countless ways a person(black, white, red, yellow, brown, or other) can be victimized. If you feel no white man has ever been a victim of anything, you are among the truly blind.

Further, if you think that affirmative action, government minority set asides and the like doesn't victimize white's, you know nothing at all about equality.
Regards,
CP

There was a time that diversity was secondary to being an American. Although we came from all over the world, the most important thing was that we all assimilate as Americans. E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one). For this great experiment of a constitutional republic, of the people, for the people, where all men are created equal to succeed, assimilation is imperative. Hence, we called our country the great melting pot. To work toward and defend our right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, becoming one was paramount. My family immigrated from Germany, to live the American dream. My Grandfather was so determined and proud to become an American citizen, he would not allow anything but English to be spoken in his home. My great aunt told stories of being at grandpops house. If someone would speak, if it wasn't English, he was shout HEY!! We're AMERICANS! Households all over the country were living that dream, and it was a dream come true for them.

It's only in the 30-40 years that diversity is all the rage. It's all about being a hyphenated American. We are being divided into ethnic groups, tribes if you will. No longer is it about hiring the best American you for the job, or voting for the best candidate. It's about how many ________ Americans do we have. And it's no accident. We are being pitted against each other, to achieve a political agenda. So, I actually checked the "other" box in the poll. In the beginning, coming from diverse backgrounds, we were enriched, by getting the best of each diverse background, joined by a common goal. To protect, and enrich the country we love, we came together as one. Lately though, there's an elite class living off of our differences, and the conflict between us. So right now, it's not benefitting anybody. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom