• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges [W:99]

Re: Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges

I think it depends on many factors besides the numbers. If the person is politically based, I would want to examine things closer on a case by case basis.. I can see the 'sexual harassment' things being 'weaponized' as a political hack. On the other hand, if the harassment was when the person had already been in office, then the abuse of position, and destroying public trust should make the penalties harsher.

It does, I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just saying when it's a high number of accusers, the accused probably did something.

Where are you getting this "121 women" figure? From what I've just looked at, he was accused of manslaughter and raping an actress, which the charges were later dropped. And I don't see anywhere where he was accused of being a pedophile.

And when the number of accusers start getting to high numbers, I start to very much doubt the innocence of the accused. Take Bill Cosby, for example.

You don't see it because after he died his estate sued the heck out of every rag that reported the story. Sure, trust a wiki. :rofl

You take Bill Cosby. I don't care. Try telling me none of these women didn't know what was coming as they hoped to enhance their careers.

So is the claim. Whether anyone likes it or not, sexual comments and actions from dirty old senile men is not sexual harassment. It is senility.

OMG, I sexually assaulted my wife last night, and she liked it. My fear is, she'll want more of the same tonight. I need a few days to recover.

Yeah, be sorry, you should be sorry for not thinking. Me too. :doh

If the allegations are true (and innocent until proven guilty) then it is sexual harassment and sexual assault.

You can claim as much as you want that touching up women and trying to lift their skirts up when they don't want you to isn't sexual harassment and assault, but you'll look stupid.

It could be a 100 women. It is pure BS. They should be thankful for the attention. Be annoyed by ME TOO!

Should rape victims be thankful for the attention too? Idiot.

You don't see it because after he died his estate sued the heck out of every rag that reported the story. Sure, trust a wiki. :rofl

Yes, BBC is way more trustworthy, than some spurious claim with no back-up.

You take Bill Cosby. I don't care. Try telling me none of these women didn't know what was coming as they hoped to enhance their careers.

Are there women who did that? Of course there were. But there are women (and men) that have suffered because of people like Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey, etc. You ignoring that doesn't change that.

Wow, how the once mighty have fallen. This is good. I hope this SOB gets a nice fair trial, and then spends some decades cooling his heels in the pokey. Should be a very interesting trial.

Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York police Friday morning and was arrested on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex on him, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Manhattan prosecutors will charge Weinstein with first- and third-degree rape in one case and a first-degree sex act in a second case, a source said. He's expected to appear in court later in the day.

Weinstein walked into a New York police precinct office through a flurry of reporters and photographers.

More here:

Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges

The gears of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.

It could be a 100 women. It is pure BS. They should be thankful for the attention. Be annoyed by ME TOO!

images

You probably dont know this but Toronto is a major city for Hollywood movie productions. When I was still in H.S I worked as an extra at my summer job. I worked on a bunch of Hollywood blockbusters that were shot here, and I couldnt believe some of the 18-year old teeny boppers who came in for casting calls and wound up sleeping with some 50-year old, married, overweight movie director to try and get the part. It was a real eye-opener. But hey, if its done voluntarily its not rape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_North

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...-tv-production-has-surged-past-2-billion.html

I did know about Toronto and I'm not at all surprised by what you're saying. I grew up outside of NYC and worked there briefly as a young single woman. I witnessed the same thing myself, but I'll even take it further by saying that I've seen young girls do just that in the corporate world. I agree, if it's voluntary or consenting, it ain't rape. But I got the impression that many of the Weinstein accusers weren't willing.

Yup there's a thread in the other section on him. 16 accusations. Where there's smoke there's fire. I hope he gets a fair trial, and if guilty, gets measured for his new orange jumpsuit.

I wonder if he went to prison if they'd call him Red?

If the allegations are true (and innocent until proven guilty) then it is sexual harassment and sexual assault.

You can claim as much as you want that touching up women and trying to lift their skirts up when they don't want you to isn't sexual harassment and assault, but you'll look stupid.

Nice of you to play judge, jury and executioner. So par for the course.

Nice of you to play judge, jury and executioner. So par for the course.

What on earth are you talking about? When have I said he was guilty?

Are you still trying to claim that trying to lift a woman's skirt up and look underneath is not sexual harassment?

Should rape victims be thankful for the attention too? Idiot.

Tell me, how many purported rape victims have you interviewed? Seriously.

And that is part of the problem that reduces credulity, conflating possible abuse with rape. Thanks for proving the point about the insanity of all this crap.

I'd truly enjoy seeing the Me too movement address the real sexual crimes going on this world, like clitoral circumcisions, forced underage marriages of young girls, gang rapes, but that would be racist. Because the most like perpetrators of these serious crimes are likely dark skinned or muslim, not that islam is a race. OMG! he lifted my skirt and told me I have nice legs! Scary old man. Who are the real idiots? Glad to see your outrage. Too bad it isn't directed at the right criminals. Low hanging fruit is so much easier to harvest.

Yes, BBC is way more trustworthy, than some spurious claim with no back-up.

Are there women who did that? Of course there were. But there are women (and men) that have suffered because of people like Bill Cosby, Kevin Spacey, etc. You ignoring that doesn't change that.

There was a man called Hearst. Enough said.

I don't care. If they don't speak up right then and there, they aren't deserving of my attention. Some people have integrity, others are more concerned about a possible paycheck. Check out how a young starlet named Maureen O'Hara reacted in 1945. She had integrity and it did no harm to her career. But you know better.

Nice of you to be judge jury and executioner

Are you still trying to claim that trying to lift a woman's skirt up and look underneath is not sexual harassment?

Not when senility enters the picture. Morgan retired, because he can no longer remember his lines, and he often can't remember who his is or where he is.

When my grandfather turned 95, our family through a grand party for him. During the afternoon, he grabbed the behinds of every woman in attendance. When I asked him why he was doing that to his daughters, granddaughters, great granddaughters, and so on, he replied "I don't know these people, I don't know why I am here, but I'm having fun." Not one of his most lucid days. The family laughed it off for the most part, I started mourning the loss of my grandfather who had very important to me. He passed 2 1/2 years later, from an neurological aneurysm after hitting his head against the wall when he slipped in the shower. Went to sleep and didn't wake. He no longer knew who he was, he was already gone.

I've seen senility and other similar malfunctions hit as early as age 40. But that's OK, go ahead and make a big deal over an old man lifting a few skirts and offering compliments. I'm very impressed with you and all those so horrified. Oh, the outrage! :doh :rofl :applaud

Tone baby, tone.

I did know about Toronto and I'm not at all surprised by what you're saying. I grew up outside of NYC and worked there briefly as a young single woman. I witnessed the same thing myself, but I'll even take it further by saying that I've seen young girls do just that in the corporate world. I agree, if it's voluntary or consenting, it ain't rape. But I got the impression that many of the Weinstein accusers weren't willing
I get the feeling some were, and some werent.

I also think some women slept with him, didnt get the movie part they were hoping for, felt used and now they want revenge.
But I also think there's a good chance he forced himself onto a fair amount of women.

I hope some journalist live tweets the trial cause its gonna get interesting.
I wont be too surprised if he gets acquitted though

I wont be too surprised if he gets acquitted though

Weinstein won't get acquitted. Stick a fork in him cuz he's done.

Due to the content of this thread, I can't stop hearing Morgan Freeman's voice narrating, "I wish I could tell you that Harvey fought the good fight, and the Sisters let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but prison is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew."

Weinstein won't get acquitted. Stick a fork in him cuz he's done.

Harvey already has new investors for his new film production company lined up for when this mess is put to bed. He's not going to be tried in the court of public opinion.

https://nypost.com/2018/05/25/weinsteins-sham-perp-walk-sets-ominous-tone-for-his-trial/

Harvey has the world by the nuts, and he has a half dozen or so starlets waiting in line for once his divorce is finalized, who each want a shot at a life style they'd like to become accustomed to, as his next wife.

Back
Top Bottom