• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges [W:99]

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Wow, how the once mighty have fallen. This is good. I hope this SOB gets a nice fair trial, and then spends some decades cooling his heels in the pokey. Should be a very interesting trial.

Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York police Friday morning and was arrested on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex on him, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Manhattan prosecutors will charge Weinstein with first- and third-degree rape in one case and a first-degree sex act in a second case, a source said. He's expected to appear in court later in the day.

Weinstein walked into a New York police precinct office through a flurry of reporters and photographers.

More here:

Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges

Re: Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges

Wow, how the once mighty have fallen. This is good. I hope this SOB gets a nice fair trial, and then spends some decades cooling his heels in the pokey. Should be a very interesting trial.

Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York police Friday morning and was arrested on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex on him, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN.

Manhattan prosecutors will charge Weinstein with first- and third-degree rape in one case and a first-degree sex act in a second case, a source said. He's expected to appear in court later in the day.

Weinstein walked into a New York police precinct office through a flurry of reporters and photographers.

More here:

Harvey Weinstein is arrested on rape charges

Wooooooo! Let's celebrate, girlfriend! :party

Lock him up!!!!

Lock him up!!!!

Lock him up!!!!

Lock him up!!!!

Karma is a bitch, innit??!!

It is indeed. But the better part of this story is seeing that someone will gazilions of dollars and connections galore still suffers the same fate as the rest of us would. This is the justice system at work, and now i have hope that just because you're rich and famous you don't get treated any better than we would if we were in this same position.

It is indeed. But the better part of this story is seeing that someone will gazilions of dollars and connections galore still suffers the same fate as the rest of us would. This is the justice system at work, and now i have hope that just because you're rich and famous you don't get treated any better than we would if we were in this same position
I do wanna know how much was actual rape and/or sexual coercion, and how many of it was girls voluntarily having sex with him to get movie parts.

Hopefully that will come out at the trial

It is indeed. But the better part of this story is seeing that someone will gazilions of dollars and connections galore still suffers the same fate as the rest of us would. This is the justice system at work, and now i have hope that just because you're rich and famous you don't get treated any better than we would if we were in this same position.

You hear about Morgan Freeman?

I do wanna know how much was actual rape and/or sexual coercion, and how many of it was girls voluntarily having sex with him to get movie parts.

Hopefully that will come out at the trial

Probably a combination of the two. I'd almost like to be picked for that jury so I can know too.

Yup there's a thread in the other section on him. 16 accusations. Where there's smoke there's fire. I hope he gets a fair trial, and if guilty, gets measured for his new orange jumpsuit.

Yup there's a thread in the other section on him. 16 accusations. Where there's smoke there's fire. I hope he gets a fair trial, and if guilty, gets measured for his new orange jumpsuit.

I start taking away the benefit of the doubt when the number of accusations get that high. 1-3? Maybe, they didn't do anything wrong. But 16? 20? etc. That's just way too much for me to think that every single one of those victims is lying.

About time.

Probably a combination of the two. I'd almost like to be picked for that jury so I can know too
You probably dont know this but Toronto is a major city for Hollywood movie productions. When I was still in H.S I worked as an extra at my summer job. I worked on a bunch of Hollywood blockbusters that were shot here, and I couldnt believe some of the 18-year old teeny boppers who came in for casting calls and wound up sleeping with some 50-year old, married, overweight movie director to try and get the part. It was a real eye-opener. But hey, if its done voluntarily its not rape

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_North

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...-tv-production-has-surged-past-2-billion.html

Wooooooo! Let's celebrate, girlfriend! :party

Celebrate at the conviction, OK?
Although, I have to say, this IS "cause celebre' ".
The first step to a conviction is arresting the perp.
...and this guy was definately a perp from what i heard on the audio tape.
"swearing on your children"! as a ploy to get the girl alone?

Morgan Freeman?
I like the roles he plays, but I was also never a young starlet in a closed room with him either.
We all liked Bill Cosby at one time too.

Last edited:

Now this was an arrest. Harvey, arriving in a chauffeured SUV, wearing a Saville Row suit, white shirt and no necktie, J. Ballard custom shoes, turned himself in to NYPD central booking at 1 Police Plaza. Meaning, this was arranged by Harvey's attorneys. No handcuffs, leg manacles, no perp walk, just alerted paparazzi. Following Harvey was his lead attorney and an assistant carrying books and scripts to keep Harvey busy as he waits for an immediate arraignment later today. Arraignment court opens at 9:30 am, convenes at 10 am. Harvey's case will likely be the first or second hearing of the day. Then Harvey will go wherever he's calling home at the moment. He won't even sit in a holding cell, but in a waiting room for detective interviews. It pays to voluntarily turn oneself in for arrest, and it is viewed by the court as positive behavior by the defendant, setting a path for lenient rulings. Since Harvey's attorneys have already filed a preliminary Chapter 7 proceeding for bankruptcy, expect a low-end cash bond of less than $1 mil, meaning a cost outlay for someone of Harvey's prominence of about $12k.

Word on the street, NYPD detectives did not want to press charges. Believing they have a she said, he said case with no evidentiary corroboration, no rape kits, no dna samples, no witnesses other than plaintiffs, and so forth. The pressure came from the DA's Office, where this is looked at as a high profile vote grabber for Cy Vance Jr. A media headliner which will provide Vance with free publicity and liberal street creds. Criminal Attorneys familiar with the venue and the case are predicting a dismissal of all charges. As one very successful Manhattan criminal attorney put it, "poor schnook Cy is facing a spanking for his failure to build a proofed case."

General sentiment in the NYC law community is that trying to make this case stick, in an industry immortalized by the words of Louis B. Mayer as "Hey little girl, come to my office to see my etchings, my new comfortable couch and we'll discuss your future roles in my movies," as laughable. Meanwhile Paz de la Huerto, who has a civil case pending and not progressing against Harvey for two rapes, was silent in response to Harvey's "arrest" this morning. La Paz who claims Harvey raped her in her apartment twice still has not explained why she invited him back for the second go round. La Paz herself could end the Me Too movement.

And back at the ranch, Harvey's brother Bob, who spilled the beans hoping to force his older brother off his perch at the Weinstein Brothers Company, so he could emerge on top, (his reputation as a sex fiend as onerous as his brother's) has found himself out in the cold as Harvey orchestrated a fire sale of the company to outside investors. Bob is back at his own company facing a future of continuing his career producing B grade horror movies. Problem for him is, Harvey maintains a 30% interest in that company also.

Harvey will not do time, and likely, he won't get convicted in this case, and this case will put to bed any aspirations by other photo op seeking DA's.

Yup, 80 year old prominent actor compliments the appearance of 8 women and gets accused of sexual harassment. Be proud.

Gee, do you think Morgan can still get it up? Some men can't, some can, after prostrate surgery.

ME TOO!

Yup, 80 year old prominent actor compliments the appearance of 8 women and gets accused of sexual harassment. Be proud.

Inappropriate comments, touching, etc. is a no-no. And it's 16 women. And I'm not proud, I'm actually annoyed because I like Morgan Freeman as an actor.

And touches them, and tries to lift their skirts up, and asks them if they're wearing underwear. That is definite sexual harassment. Sorry.

I start taking away the benefit of the doubt when the number of accusations get that high. 1-3? Maybe, they didn't do anything wrong. But 16? 20? etc. That's just way too much for me to think that every single one of those victims is lying.

Fatty Arbuckle was accused of being a pedophile. He was the most prominent film comedian of his day. 121 different women were reported in the newspaper to have accused Fatty of doing their children, after he was arrested. Fatty went to prison, his career was ruined, he never recovered and died in penury. The original case was disproved after being recanted by the stage mother who made the initial accusation when she was accused of attempted black mail for the same crime, taking her virgin" 12 year old daughter, by 7 film industry executives and 18 actors including 4 actors who were homosexual.

Sometimes where there is smoke, there is BS.

I think it depends on many factors besides the numbers. If the person is politically based, I would want to examine things closer on a case by case basis.. I can see the 'sexual harassment' things being 'weaponized' as a political hack. On the other hand, if the harassment was when the person had already been in office, then the abuse of position, and destroying public trust should make the penalties harsher.

And touches them, and tries to lift their skirts up, and asks them if they're wearing underwear. That is definite sexual harassment. Sorry.

So is the claim. Whether anyone likes it or not, sexual comments and actions from dirty old senile men is not sexual harassment. It is senility.

OMG, I sexually assaulted my wife last night, and she liked it. My fear is, she'll want more of the same tonight. I need a few days to recover.

Yeah, be sorry, you should be sorry for not thinking. Me too. :doh

Inappropriate comments, touching, etc. is a no-no. And it's 16 women. And I'm not proud, I'm actually annoyed because I like Morgan Freeman as an actor.

It could be a 100 women. It is pure BS. They should be thankful for the attention. Be annoyed by ME TOO!

Fatty Arbuckle was accused of being a pedophile. He was the most prominent film comedian of his day. 121 different women were reported in the newspaper to have accused Fatty of doing their children, after he was arrested. Fatty went to prison, his career was ruined, he never recovered and died in penury. The original case was disproved after being recanted by the stage mother who made the initial accusation when she was accused of attempted black mail for the same crime, taking her virgin" 12 year old daughter, by 7 film industry executives and 18 actors including 4 actors who were homosexual.

Sometimes where there is smoke, there is BS.

Where are you getting this "121 women" figure? From what I've just looked at, he was accused of manslaughter and raping an actress, which the charges were later dropped. And I don't see anywhere where he was accused of being a pedophile.

And when the number of accusers start getting to high numbers, I start to very much doubt the innocence of the accused. Take Bill Cosby, for example.

Were you an eyewitness? Stop being a washwoman gossip monger.

Back
Top Bottom