• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hagia Sophia - church or mosque or museum? What should it be?

Hagia Sophia - church or mosque or museum? What should it be?

• church

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • mosque

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • museum

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no opinion

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
As it was the Christian custom to turn pagan temples into Churches. Looking at you Pantheon.

And that explains and excuses everything?

And that explains and excuses everything?

I’m saying that converting the previous religions holy places to their own was not in any way a thing that was only common in Islam. Basically every religion of the day did it.

Let the people of Turkey decide.

No.
They do not decide anyway.
Erdogan does.

And do you realize that it is a WORLD HERITAGE?
Probably not.

As it was the Christian custom to turn pagan temples into Churches. Looking at you Pantheon.

I never heard of that before.
Can you cite some examples.

Never heard of that.

Thank you.

Whenever I hear people carping on Muslims like they were some kind of special evil for converting churches into mosques, I can safely assume they are ignorant of actual history.

It is quite sad that the Hagia Sophia is a mosque again now. :(

This friday it is am mosque now.

Back
Top Bottom