• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It’s a Democratic Problem [W:22]

Link that it happens? Do you not think undercover LEO's don't routinely attempt to make illegal purchases and that sellers don't know that? Same at gun shows?

Dude its NOT ILLEGAL. What is the LEO going to do? Check the private party box on armslist and the seller does not have to ask for anything. How do you not know this?

To prey on demorats, of course. Don't you find it odd that they tend to congregate in the big blue cities?

while most criminals are stupid in many ways, they aren't stupid in staying alive. They are going to mainly victimize people who don't present a strong chance of killing them. that's why criminals don't tend to rob shooting ranges, gun clubs or gun dealers when there are people present. and they tend to victimize people who have low rates of legal gun ownership. Look what happened when two cop killers/prison escapees tried to rip off the truck of some guy in somewhat rural Tennessee: the homeowner grabbed his AR 15, called his neighbor who also grabbed something that kills and they held the two scumbags at gun point. Now those two scumbags have to know that being caught means they both will probably be executed since killing LEOs while trying to escape is pretty much the prototypical definition of aggravated first degree murder in a state where they actually waste murderers. But those two scum bags obviously figured they had a better chance being taken in by the PO PO then trying to fight it out with these two well armed good old boys who probably were ready willing and able to cut them down like varmints if provoked

Once again, you display your ignorance on this topic.

its probably best to stop feeding the nonsense since all we are seeing are silly lies now.

Excellent point, vegas tells me criminals can buy guns at gun shows, when I pointed out that transactions are treated the same as any FFL transfer, he doubled down and called it a "fact" Never mind that undercovers routinely attempt to make purchases at gun shows.

I know undercover agents are at such shows since some of them worked with me on other cases. their main goal is to try to find FFLs that are acting improperly since they have little jurisdiction over the few private sellers who are at the shows I attend (including one tomorrow). what deters most mopes from trying to buy at shows is that fact that most shows have LEOs there for reasons other than trying to sting dishonest dealers. Lots of cops who go to shows are shooters and are there to buy guns or sell guns. One of my friends, a dealer, had two off duty cops who work the shows for him. SO the mopes don't want to be seen handling firearms when some cop or deputy or ATF or DEA agent might see the mope doing it and bust him for that. Criminals don't tend to be seen or operate in areas that they know there are lots of cops.

It is illegal to sell a pistol with no background check.

depends on the state. I can sell a pistol to my friends or anyone who I have no reason to believe is a felon or other prohibited person. My practice is I only sell to

1) law enforcement officials

2) family or close friends

3) people I have personally seen buy a gun at a dealer

4) someone who has a valid CCW

5) people I have worked with in the past 25 years (meaning they are federal LE employees)

while most criminals are stupid in many ways, they aren't stupid in staying alive. They are going to mainly victimize people who don't present a strong chance of killing them. that's why criminals don't tend to rob shooting ranges, gun clubs or gun dealers when there are people present. and they tend to victimize people who have low rates of legal gun ownership. Look what happened when two cop killers/prison escapees tried to rip off the truck of some guy in somewhat rural Tennessee: the homeowner grabbed his AR 15, called his neighbor who also grabbed something that kills and they held the two scumbags at gun point. Now those two scumbags have to know that being caught means they both will probably be executed since killing LEOs while trying to escape is pretty much the prototypical definition of aggravated first degree murder in a state where they actually waste murderers. But those two scum bags obviously figured they had a better chance being taken in by the PO PO then trying to fight it out with these two well armed good old boys who probably were ready willing and able to cut them down like varmints if provoked

The true motive is to get a "user fee" (tax?) on each and every gun in the USA. If the estimaie of 300 million guns is accurate then that would be quite a haul even at a mere $10 per gun registered annually - toss in some added "gun safety" training course requirements for legal owner IDs (at say $120 for 5 years) and the annual take could be much higher.

So you are telling me, you can just walk in any gun show, just pay $ and walk out with a pistol?

Not any gun show-some=but as DOJ research notes, very few criminals get their guns that way and the few that do, mainly get if from straw purchasers. Polls of criminals who were armed indicate the few get their guns that way. Most get them from other criminals or from friends, family members in straw purchasers. The gun show "loophole" is both a lie and one of the most dishonest claims the anti gun movement spews. gun haters despise gun shows mainly because gun owners enjoy them and they are gatherings in which gun owners are informed about the schemes of gun banners.

What I just read (not sure how current) In 33 states you can. Not everywhere like your blanket statement said. You sure as hell cant do it here.

That's a whole lot of states

The true motive is to get a "user fee" (tax?) on each and every gun in the USA. If the estimaie of 300 million guns is accurate then that would be quite a haul even at a mere $10 per gun registered annually toss in some training course requirements for legal owner IDs (at say $120 for 5 years) and the annual take could be much higher.

which of course would only be enforceable against legal gun owners. It proves once again that the gun haters are all about harassing honest gun owners, not criminals

depends on the state. I can sell a pistol to my friends or anyone who I have no reason to believe is a felon or other prohibited person. My practice is I only sell to

1) law enforcement officials

2) family or close friends

3) people I have personally seen buy a gun at a dealer

4) someone who has a valid CCW

5) people I have worked with in the past 25 years (meaning they are federal LE employees)

He made a blanket statement that said any criminal can buy from any gun show, from what I read, 33 states allow cash n carry sales, Fl is not one.

The true motive is to get a "user fee" (tax?) on each and every gun in the USA. If the estimaie of 300 million guns is accurate then that would be quite a haul even at a mere $10 per gun registered annually - toss in some added "gun safety" training course requirements for legal owner IDs (at say $120 for 5 years) and the annual take could be much higher.

Small price to pay

Back
Top Bottom