• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Greenland’s Melting Ice Nears a ‘Tipping Point,’

By your own statement (#278) if we continue as we are warming will only be 1.0C by 2100. I doubt we'll even warm that much.

Your posting sattelite data, and even using that, we're at least 2 deg C. Temperature averages (actual measurements) are more reliable.

Temp-graphic-NASA.jpg

Extend that line - and you get about 0.8 to 1 deg C over 40 years. That would be between 2.5 deg C and 3 deg C by 2100.

As SD pointed out, warming since 2000 = 0.1C per decade = 1.0C per century. I suspect it will be even less.

I notice how you cut out my comment. Nice try!

Extend that line - and you get about 0.8 to 1 deg C over 40 years. That would be between 2.5 deg C and 3 deg C by 2100.

Temp-graphic-NASA.jpg

By your own statement (#278) if we continue as we are warming will only be 1.0C by 2100. I doubt we'll even warm that much.

The global temperature is already around 1C above pre-industrial levels; another century of warming at 0.1C per decade would make it 2C.

Who's site is that? They don't seem to say. Always curious.

TIA.

Irrelevant.

They say what Tim likes, so they are certainly legitimate.

They must have just forgotten to put their name and address on the website.

Definitely not a Russian front site. No way. I mean...it looks totally above board.

Who's site is that? They don't seem to say. Always curious.

TIA.

Welcome to Deniers for Hire, where we debunk anti-science propaganda and expose the activists who produce it. For far too long, industry-funded NGOs, junk scientists and crusaders posing as journalists have lied to consumers about biotechnology, medicine and energy to advance their political agendas.

Union of Concerned Scientists – Deniers For Hire

In cheerier news, it looks like ITN and his sock are forever banned finally.

No more fake fallacies, no more hearing about how ‘we cant measure the temperature of the earth’, no more hearing about how all the scientists in the world dont understand the laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan Boltzmann law....

The global temperature is already around 1C above pre-industrial levels; another century of warming at 0.1C per decade would make it 2C.
The Hadcrut4 temps are ~.88 C so far, but the rate of warming has slowed so it will likely be ~1.9 C by 2100, assuming we do not make additional improvements.

Union of Concerned Scientists – Deniers For Hire

That's the title of the page. They are bashing UCS. Are you saying that the page is controlled by "Deniers For Hire"?

I don't bother with anonymous junk on the web. Seems that site qualifies as anonymous junk.

I notice how you cut out my comment. Nice try!

View attachment 67252475

Actually, I believe you added that line after I copied your post. Doesn't matter. It's still wrong.

Still within the Paris goal without changing anything. And as I said earlier, we're in for flat or declining temperatures for a lengthy period anyway.

The Hadcrut4 temps are ~.88 C so far, but the rate of warming has slowed so it will likely be ~1.9 C by 2100, assuming we do not make additional improvements.

Look at the slowing!

b83dcef004d6c98edf270f93aa58f47b.jpg

LOL

Please explain if 98 out of a 100 scientists think its happening thats 98%, please explain your mathematics.

And when were 98 % of scientists ever asked their opinion one way or another ?

Still within the Paris goal without changing anything. And as I said earlier, we're in for flat or declining temperatures for a lengthy period anyway.

Sigh. No, that is not within the Paris goal. The Paris goal is to limit warming to less than 2C overall, not by 2100. If the global temperature is 2C above pre-industrial temperatures and still rising in 2100, then we have not met the Paris goal.

And no, there is not evidence whatsoever that the rise in global temperature is slowing. That is simply wishful thinking on your part.

Playing fast and loose with the data. In the last 5 years, there has even been one month with anything below .6485. The warming is accelerating. Better factor that in Professor Longview.
You do understand that warmest and warming are two very different things, right?
Stating that no month in the last 5 years has been below .6485 is irrelevant to acceleration.

Sigh. No, that is not within the Paris goal. The Paris goal is to limit warming to less than 2C overall, not by 2100. If the global temperature is 2C above pre-industrial temperatures and still rising in 2100, then we have not met the Paris goal.

And no, there is not evidence whatsoever that the rise in global temperature is slowing. That is simply wishful thinking on your part.

But there is evidence the temperature was already 2 degrees higher in the past. The world continues... The sky didn't fall...

You do understand that warmest and warming are two very different things, right?
Stating that no month in the last 5 years has been below .6485 is irrelevant to acceleration.

Not only that, but it would be the maximum temperatures that we would need to worry about. Not the average.

Slowing since 2000.

Face it - you were caught with your hands in the cookie jar... Got any more lies to post?

Back
Top Bottom