• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Cuomo Is The Real President. Donald Trump Is A Disgrace And A Laughing Stock.

If Cuomo had been receiving national intel briefings about COVID-19 since January and if he had the resources of the CDC, FEMA, and the FDA at his disposal, then I might agree with your disingenuous, sarcastic response.

It's a federal government for a reason.

Are you kidding us? Governors are kept in the dark about global diseases? Did Cuomo make that excuse?

As long as you ignore the fact that NYC is the most populated city in America by far, in a high-population state (thus more likely to receive returning travelers than Bum**** North Dakota), and is also extremely densely packed, that might sound like a valid point.

Bottom line: where Trump lied and denied, Cuomo moved to protect his people. That the conditions were perfect for outbreak doesn't mean Cuomo did a bad job.

If you go through life simply doing the things that succeeded and not doing the things that failed without bothering to analyze WHY things worked out the way they did, you're in for one hell of a bumpy ride.

The people in the hospital today were infected when the governor agreed that the schools should stay open and life in the state should continue as normal (with the exception of in New Rochelle).

Cuomo leads America in deaths due to this Disease. Cuomo appreciates the effort Trump has made to help his state ward off the disease.

This is simply a Trump trashing thread. No doubt a pure political rant at that .

Cuomo is also now making the same arguments that Trump has made with respect with the distributions of resources: they are distributed in the state where they are needed, and pulled from areas where they are not needed to areas that they are.

Nope, it's not realizing (or acting on that realization) which is a major problem during a pandemic. See what DeBlasio and Cuomo were saying and doing on March 10.

That is different. When a NY Govt officer tells you not to worry, that is wonderful.

Trump by that time was working hard to prevent it from entering our country.

De Blasio says, keep working. NYers are tough he said.

The people in the hospital today were infected when the governor agreed that the schools should stay open and life in the state should continue as normal (with the exception of in New Rochelle).

Says one of the people who claimed Liberals taking this seriously is liberals creating their "new hoax."

I did a couple searches earlier here. Sure enough, threads were going all the way back. Trumpists saying it's no big deal, just a cold or mild flu. Liberals saying it's serious. Trumpists responding that's just hoaxing designed to hurt Trump.

You have less than nothing to say. Best pray there is no biblical God, 'cause if there is, he's gonna be ****ing pissed.

The states are supposed to be prepared. Don't wait until there's a huge world demand for ventilators to buy ventilators. In 2015, New York concluded they would be short on ventilators in a pandemic. What did they do? Buy more ventilaors (duh). No they did not. Did they even say "Well, we're just going to let the federal government deal with it" ? No, they did not. IF they would have said that, as stupid and incompetent as it would have been, then you liberals would have a leg to stand on for your Dearl-Leader Andrew argument.

New York came up with a plan to ration ventilators based on health priorities. AKA death panels.

If New York is ****ed its because of their own lack of leadership. You Statists never understand how big daddy federal government will never be able to save you.

Traditionally the Federal Government has led the way, NOT follow as the Little Donnie Me-Me-Me misadministration has been doing during this COVID crisis. Can you provide a link where this has ever not been the case? And while your at it link something that supports your claim that: "In 2015, New York concluded they would be short on ventilators in a pandemic."

when WHO down plays the seriousness of the situation and is giving out bad advice and bad medical information people go by what they have input on.

he was. his medical advisors were getting their information from WHO. they were lying and covering up chinese misinformation.

That's just not true. First of all in December WHO first warned of the COVID outbreak and by February they were raising red flags about the seriousness of the virus.

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the mission briefing on COVID-19 - 26 February 2020

That is long before, end of March, the Little Donnie Me-Me-Me misadministration finally told the AmeriCAN public what we were really up against.

So TDS ran out of steam? It appears OMB is the new way to personally attack a message you don't like when you really don't have an argument. But to YOUR point, the thread is actually about (if you read the title, which apparently you didn't): "Governor Cuomo Is The Real President. Donald Trump Is A Disgrace And A Laughing Stock." I think I'm commenting on the part in bold, how and why Little Donnie Me-Me-Me- is a "Laughing Stock". So … there is that.
Don't be silly. It's away to point about that the attack on Trump didn't have a valid argument.

In this case it is particularly bad because Trump's competence is inverted with Cuomo's incompetence. Remember, it was Cuomo who said, on 10 March, that it was no big deal. That was weeks after, for example, the NCAA cancelled the basketball championship tournament. Call it TDS or OMB or willful ignorance, it applies to the OP in this thread and many following posts.

Traditionally, the Federal Government has led the way

Nonsense. You mean for a "traditional" pandemic? If the "traditionally", the fed gov has "led" way then why were states doing studies and allocating budgets for it years ago?

This is whats funny about the liberal echo chamber. Liberals can only regurgitate group think. The hive mind has sucked all ability to even look at other sources news than the networks, Cnn, Msnbc, NYT, WaPo, Huff po, etc etc etc. Moreover, unless they see it on these news sources or hear it repeated by the designated hive mind spokespeople the stick their head in the sand.

New York's Ventilator Rationing Plan | RealClearPolitics

Traditionally the Federal Government has led the way, NOT follow as the Little Donnie Me-Me-Me misadministration has been doing during this COVID crisis. Can you provide a link where this has ever not been the case? And while your at it link something that supports your claim that: "In 2015, New York concluded they would be short on ventilators in a pandemic."

Governor Cuomo is a real leader, something the corrupt incompetent traitor Donald Trump will never be.

Just compare their COVID-19 press briefings. Governor Cuomo provides relevant facts and statistics during his briefings. Cuomo actually informs the public during his briefings. Cuomo is a steady hand at the wheel, you feel reassured when you hear him. When Gov Cuomo speaks, you get the feeling that this crisis will eventually get better.

You get none of that from Trump. All you get from Trump is pointless, mentally ill rambling. It would be amusing to listen to, if 200,000 Americans weren't going to die with this ****ing imbecile in charge. Trump spends half his time during these briefings crying like a little bitch about how the media is picking on him. Poor ****ing baby. So pathetic. So disgraceful. Unlike Cuomo, Trump has no coherent, consistent plan for how we are going to get past this crisis. Just more bull**** contradictory rambling, day after day.

Thank God we have governors like Cuomo who take their jobs seriously and know what they are doing. God save this country from Trump.

Thank you, Trump cultists, for putting this imbecile in the White House. You finally learned the hard way -- government actually DOES matter. You tea party Republican goobers want no federal government, and you sure as hell made sure that we don't have one.
Yeah, Cuomo provides facts, how many more cases and deaths his state has notched up. - always record numbers, by the way. Oh, and he whines a lot. Totally inspiring for those whose IQ is lower than room temperature.

As long as you ignore the pesky fact that NY, and specifically NYC, is the nation's #1 COVID-19 "hot spot" (basket case?) Cuomo is doing wonderfully.

NYC is the most international city in the USA. It's understandable, therefore, an international virus would take root there more than anywhere else.

Don't be silly. It's away to point about that the attack on Trump didn't have a valid argument.

What???

In this case it is particularly bad because Trump's competence is inverted with Cuomo's incompetence.

Well that's true, but so is just about EVERYONE else's.

Remember, it was Cuomo who said, on 10 March, that it was no big deal.

No, Gov. Cuomo didn't say that, he hosted a conference of Governors that drew that conclusion but it wasn't that COVID was no big deal it was other factors.

That was weeks after, for example, the NCAA cancelled the basketball championship tournament.

Call it TDS or OMB or willful ignorance, it applies to the OP in this thread and many following posts.

Yes, call it what you like, your little catch phrases show that your really don't have a counter argument.

Says one of the people who claimed Liberals taking this seriously is liberals creating their "new hoax."

I did a couple searches earlier here. Sure enough, threads were going all the way back. Trumpists saying it's no big deal, just a cold or mild flu. Liberals saying it's serious. Trumpists responding that's just hoaxing designed to hurt Trump.

You have less than nothing to say. Best pray there is no biblical God, 'cause if there is, he's gonna be ****ing pissed.

Says science--- this virus incubates for about two weeks. Mid March is when Cuomo shut things down.

NYC is the most international city in the USA. It's understandable, therefore, an international virus would take root there more than anywhere else.

Is not an "international virus." The thing is from one country and spread because that country lied about it.

Yes--- the city is the largest in the county. People are also packed tight and rely upon mass transit.

Hey, here's a question that I've asked in several places .... and tried to research on Google and stuff, and nobody seems to know.

Recently, it looks like the dems have fallen in love with Gov Cuomo.
And, I can see why.

Back some months ago Nancy and her clan fell in heavily with the communist faction of The Party in an effort to remove Trump. She figured that anybody is better I guess ... even Bernie ... and AOC started her crap ...
Now, it Nancy sees that Bernie is not going to be accepted by a real America, and that Joe is prolly suffering from dementia. (I feel sorry for Joe - I think he's a decent person.)

Now, I get the feeling that she doesn't want to dance with who brung her.

How can the Democratic Party change their candidate at this late time?
NObody has voted for Cuomo ... can they do it?
Can they change their 'mind'?

Trump has never been held fully accountable for anything he's ever done, it's a foreign concept to him, and he's not about to start exploring accountability now.
At the risk of sounding benign, Trump is still only an anomaly at this point, accountability aside, if he gets re-elected after everything he has failed at as president, then you have to consider it as a possible trend.

Yes, a downward trend.

Traditionally, the Federal Government has led the way

Nonsense. You mean for a "traditional" pandemic?

No (you don't get to put words in my mouth), I meant what I said.

If the "traditionally", the fed gov has "led" way then why were states doing studies and allocating budgets for it years ago?

That doesn't eve make sense, ONE does NOT preclude the other. Of course States plan, but that doesn't mean the Federal Government hasn't been the resource of last resort when a catastrophe happens.

This is whats funny about the liberal conservative echo chamber. Liberals Conservatives can only regurgitate group think. The hive mind has sucked all ability to even look at other sources news than the networks, Cnn, Msnbc, NYT, WaPo, Huff po, etc etc Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Brightbart etc. Moreover, unless they see it on these news sources or hear it repeated by the designated hive mind spokespeople the stick their head in the sand.

Just as valid read one way as the other.

Governor Cuomo is a real leader, something the corrupt incompetent traitor Donald Trump will never be.

Just compare their COVID-19 press briefings. Governor Cuomo provides relevant facts and statistics during his briefings. Cuomo actually informs the public during his briefings. Cuomo is a steady hand at the wheel, you feel reassured when you hear him. When Gov Cuomo speaks, you get the feeling that this crisis will eventually get better.

You get none of that from Trump. All you get from Trump is pointless, mentally ill rambling. It would be amusing to listen to, if 200,000 Americans weren't going to die with this ****ing imbecile in charge. Trump spends half his time during these briefings crying like a little bitch about how the media is picking on him. Poor ****ing baby. So pathetic. So disgraceful. Unlike Cuomo, Trump has no coherent, consistent plan for how we are going to get past this crisis. Just more bull**** contradictory rambling, day after day.

Thank God we have governors like Cuomo who take their jobs seriously and know what they are doing. God save this country from Trump.

Thank you, Trump cultists, for putting this imbecile in the White House. You finally learned the hard way -- government actually DOES matter. You tea party Republican goobers want no federal government, and you sure as hell made sure that we don't have one.

lol...so uninformed.

OK, but how were Cuomo and Deblasio supposed to figure that out if Trump never told them? ;)

No (you don't get to put words in my mouth), I meant what I said.
That's right. Own your mistake.

That doesn't eve make sense, ONE does NOT preclude the other. Of course States plan, but that doesn't mean the Federal Government hasn't been the resource of last resort when a catastrophe happens.
Smooth move, you managed to quote TobyOne but put my name on it. At least we agree you were wrong.

Just as valid read one way as the other.
It's not. Conservatives do not have the massive echo chamber provided by the MSM.

OK, but how were Cuomo and Deblasio supposed to figure that out if Trump never told them? ;)
That was three weeks after they were told. Hence, the references to the Orange-Man-Bad cult.

Last edited:
Cuomo speaks like and adult addressing people with brains.

Trump is a clown speaking to children.

That's just not true. First of all in December WHO first warned of the COVID outbreak and by February they were raising red flags about the seriousness of the virus.

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the mission briefing on COVID-19 - 26 February 2020

That is long before, end of March, the Little Donnie Me-Me-Me misadministration finally told the AmeriCAN public what we were really up against.

did you even look at your own link. it was march before they started telling the truth.

up until then they were lying. thanks for proving what i said correct.

Please explain to me how Cuomo is the real president of the US. Also, when we need a man to lead us through a pandemic crisis the last person we need is the person who has by far the worst record of dealing with it.

If I had Powerball's winning numbers for Saturday's drawing on Friday I'd be a billionaire. Quomo's a clown, why would he wear his nipple rings at a press conference?

I guess there was a Repug propaganda point to this post. I don't know the propaganda was in this case, however.

Please explain to me how Cuomo is the real president of the US. Also, when we need a man to lead us through a pandemic crisis the last person we need is the person who has by far the worst record of dealing with it.

The person with the worst record of dealing with it is Donald Trump. As President, he sets the standard for everyone else -- "The buck stops here." But I guess Trump doesn't believe that, since he is not a real leader.

The states looked to both Trump and his CDC for guidance on how to prepare for this pandemic, and Trump failed miserably.

Back
Top Bottom