• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Governor Cuomo Is The Real President. Donald Trump Is A Disgrace And A Laughing Stock.

Kerry Won Ohio

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Governor Cuomo is a real leader, something the corrupt incompetent traitor Donald Trump will never be.

Just compare their COVID-19 press briefings. Governor Cuomo provides relevant facts and statistics during his briefings. Cuomo actually informs the public during his briefings. Cuomo is a steady hand at the wheel, you feel reassured when you hear him. When Gov Cuomo speaks, you get the feeling that this crisis will eventually get better.

You get none of that from Trump. All you get from Trump is pointless, mentally ill rambling. It would be amusing to listen to, if 200,000 Americans weren't going to die with this ****ing imbecile in charge. Trump spends half his time during these briefings crying like a little bitch about how the media is picking on him. Poor ****ing baby. So pathetic. So disgraceful. Unlike Cuomo, Trump has no coherent, consistent plan for how we are going to get past this crisis. Just more bull**** contradictory rambling, day after day.

Thank God we have governors like Cuomo who take their jobs seriously and know what they are doing. God save this country from Trump.

Thank you, Trump cultists, for putting this imbecile in the White House. You finally learned the hard way -- government actually DOES matter. You tea party Republican goobers want no federal government, and you sure as hell made sure that we don't have one.

Last edited:
As long as you ignore the pesky fact that NY, and specifically NYC, is the nation's #1 COVID-19 "hot spot" (basket case?) Cuomo is doing wonderfully.

A lot of the time, it's a pain in the ass to have strong state governments. The fed has to coerce them into doing what the fed wants.

But now, when there's an emergency and the fed is weak, the strong state governments can step up and take charge.

I agree with you that Cuomo presents himself better that Trump.

Do you believe the press is treating Cuomo the same as Trump? One thing I find interesting is how people who dislike Trump state their dislike in much the same way Trump reacts to negative things said about him. The use of "Trump cultists" is growing old. I didn't vote for Trump. That said, maybe people who don't like election results will take the time to turn out and vote in 2020.

As long as you ignore the pesky fact that NY, and specifically NYC, is the nation's #1 COVID-19 "hot spot" (basket case?) Cuomo is doing wonderfully.

If Cuomo had been receiving national intel briefings about COVID-19 since January and if he had the resources of the CDC, FEMA, and the FDA at his disposal, then I might agree with your disingenuous, sarcastic response.

It's a federal government for a reason.

If Cuomo had been receiving national intel briefings about COVID-19 since January and if he had the resources of the CDC, FEMA, and the FDA at his disposal, then I might agree with your disingenuous, sarcastic response.

It's a federal government for a reason.

That reason is not to have state (county and city) governments become completely dependent on it.

That reason is not to have state (county and city) governments become completely dependent on it.

Example: Florida and Georgia.

To the OP: the contrast of the two different daily briefings is very sharp. I find that Gov. Cuomo tends to ramble seeming to fill a time limit.

I see. So each governor should also be receiving classified intel briefings each day like President Trump? Each governor should be sending health care officials to China to learn more about the virus, which is a CDC responsibility?

It's easy to spout off about "state responsibility", but you don't really know what you are saying.

Example: Florida and Georgia.

To the OP: the contrast of the two different daily briefings is very sharp. I find that Gov. Cuomo tends to ramble seeming to fill a time limit.

Yep, every minute spent talking is one less minute spent listening, learning and making decisions. The duty of informing the public about what is happening (actually, what has happened for the most part), while important, should be delegated.

Governor Cuomo is a real leader, something the corrupt incompetent traitor Donald Trump will never be.

Just compare their COVID-19 press briefings. Governor Cuomo provides relevant facts and statistics during his briefings. Cuomo actually informs the public during his briefings. Cuomo is a steady hand at the wheel, you feel reassured when you hear him. When Gov Cuomo speaks, you get the feeling that this crisis will eventually get better.

You get none of that from Trump. All you get from Trump is pointless, mentally ill rambling. It would be amusing to listen to, if 200,000 Americans weren't going to die with this ****ing imbecile in charge. Trump spends half his time during these briefings crying like a little bitch about how the media is picking on him. Poor ****ing baby. So pathetic. So disgraceful. Unlike Cuomo, Trump has no coherent, consistent plan for how we are going to get past this crisis. Just more bull**** contradictory rambling, day after day.

Thank God we have governors like Cuomo who take their jobs seriously and know what they are doing. God save this country from Trump.

Thank you, Trump cultists, for putting this imbecile in the White House. You finally learned the hard way -- government actually DOES matter. You tea party Republican goobers want no federal government, and you sure as hell made sure that we don't have one.

do you feel better after your rant?
did you forget that ny has one of the highest infection rates out there?

do you forget that ny 4 years ago said they were short on ventilators and didn't buy them? that was cuomo. you know what he said? we will just ration.
government healthcare at its finest.

A lot of the time, it's a pain in the ass to have strong state governments. The fed has to coerce them into doing what the fed wants.

But now, when there's an emergency and the fed is weak, the strong state governments can step up and take charge.

JFC.
In our system of government the federal level exists to support the states when things happen that are too big for a state to handle. This is why you don’t want a federal bureaucracy reaching all the way into telling a nurse what kind of band aid to use. Cuomo and Calif’s Newsom get it: “All politics is local”. It’s their jobs as governors to use the feds to get the job done.

Thank God we have governors like Cuomo

You mean the state of NY was in the hole 6 BILLION before this new budget?(LOL)

Cuomo's budget office anticipates tax revenue projections dropping by at least $10 billion in the coming year. And the state was already facing a $6 billion budget hole to begin with.

So how exactly did Cuomo and lawmakers balance the budget? The answer: By borrowing,

New York approves $177B budget: 10 things to know

Last edited:
do you feel better after your rant?
did you forget that ny has one of the highest infection rates out there?

do you forget that ny 4 years ago said they were short on ventilators and didn't buy them? that was cuomo. you know what he said? we will just ration.
government healthcare at its finest.

Mr. Person said it best -- you climbed to the top of Mt. Stupid, built a monument, and then it crumbled on top of you. Classic story.

I simply pay you no never mind when it comes to your Trump cultist ramblings.

I see. So each governor should also be receiving classified intel briefings each day like President Trump? Each governor should be sending health care officials to China to learn more about the virus, which is a CDC responsibility?

It's easy to spout off about "state responsibility", but you don't really know what you are saying.

I'm saying that results matter. You are trying to argue otherwise.

because it's Cuomo's fault that his state has a huge congested city that has visitors from all over the world.

I agree with you that Cuomo presents himself better that Trump.

Do you believe the press is treating Cuomo the same as Trump? One thing I find interesting is how people who dislike Trump state their dislike in much the same way Trump reacts to negative things said about him. The use of "Trump cultists" is growing old. I didn't vote for Trump. That said, maybe people who don't like election results will take the time to turn out and vote in 2020.
Unless the Republican party can prevent it.

No, I'm not. The results you speak of are outside of Cuomo's control. And I just told you why.

Cuomo knew long before March 10 that COVID-19 was in NY and especially NYC. Google what DeBlasio and Cuomo were saying (and doing) on March 10.

Cuomo knew long before March 10 that COVID-19 was in NY and especially NYC. Google what DeBlasio and Cuomo were saying (and doing) on March 10.

State officials expect our Federal government to provide competent guidance when it comes to pandemics. That's why the CDC exists. Let me remind you what the imbecile Trump said on 26 Feb --

And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.

Funny how you appear to hold state officials to a higher standard than the president.

because it's Cuomo's fault that his state has a huge congested city that has visitors from all over the world.

Nope, it's not realizing (or acting on that realization) which is a major problem during a pandemic. See what DeBlasio and Cuomo were saying and doing on March 10.

Not everyone is holding Cuomo up as a hero...

Andrew Cuomo's Response To Wuhan Virus Is Unsettling

Cuomo and Zucker Responsible for NY COVID-19 Deaths – Fed Up Democrat

But it is quite obvious that the DNC propaganda arm...the mainstream media...is pushing Cuomo as a viable contender against Trump in the upcoming election.

So hey...Dem Party rank and file members...don't be surprised if Cuomo comes out of whatever kind of convention y'all end up with as the nominee. After all, you've seen the DNC Elites pick your candidate for you before.

State officials expect our Federal government to provide competent guidance when it comes to pandemics. That's why the CDC exists. Let me remind you what the imbecile Trump said on 26 Feb --

Funny how you appear to hold state officials to a higher standard than the president.

Nope, I hold them to the same standards. What is "funny" is that you see Cuomo as being some superhero and blame Trump for doing much the same thing - hoping that COVID-19 would not be "that bad" and trying to 'manage it' accordingly.

So you think it was mostly New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) who is responsible for gross negligence, rather than Cuomo?

Back
Top Bottom