• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Global Warming is Worse than we Thought

See.

You are not qualified to debate the climate sciences. It matters.

Next...

Why?

Or can you not explain?

Because it’s obvious to me that a specific month doesn’t matter, but it seems like maybe you don’t even understand the answer to your own question....

Why?

Or can you not explain?

I'll explain later. I want to see if any of you warmers can answer. It appears we deniers know the answer.

OMG...

It's so simple too.

Try to unplug both your conformation bias and indoctrination for a moment. Maybe it will come to you?

But then... my expectations are probably too high...

No need as LoP know I play KSP. He knows I know as I know he knows.

I'll give you a clue; inverse square law.

Are you trying to confuse him?

I'm pretty he will have to look that up, and still be clueless.

Why?

Or can you not explain?

Because it’s obvious to me that a specific month doesn’t matter, but it seems like maybe you don’t even understand the answer to your own question....

If you are unable to understand how and why the incoming energy balance varies then you cannot debate much about how and why this AGW thing is or is not happening.

If you are unable to understand how and why the incoming energy balance varies then you cannot debate much about how and why this AGW thing is or is not happening.

Does he really think it doesn't matter, the time of year?

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

Just making sure that those of us that went to school and did not fail science know we all know. PE, obviously.

Jedi made it a point to ask me about isotopes. I should have pointed out the nuclear spin was different too, but I see he posted almost 20 times since I asked yesterday, and remains silent.

I want to see if Jedi can answer before we inform the clueless warmers of the facts.

Does he really think it doesn't matter, the time of year?

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

Please, explain your point.

Because yes, the month or time of year doesnt matter.

I thought you were just trolling, but now it looks like you’re confused.

Sorry, but knowing the little factoid that the Earth is at perihelion in January and aphelion in July does not a scientist make.

Just making sure that those of us that went to school and did not fail science know we all know. PE, obviously.

I wonder what TSI data they use for modelling. The only TSI data I have found is adjusted for 1 AU, which would invalidate any model if used that way.

Anyone know where actual, uncorrected TSI data can be found?

Just to note, Real Climate has a nice overview of the issue and clarified the place that Resplandy et al’s paper fits in.

Looks like the oceans sure are sequestering a lot of heat. And Resplandys paper showed we could be underestimating how much by a lot. Future work should help narrow down just how much.

The long story of constraining ocean heat content « RealClimate

ded1365de1709506bd5a04c0ed482a39.jpg

Oceans do not 'sequester' heat. Heat is not energy.

Why can't you admit defeat?

Denier in that department as well?

Does it matter?

I mean.. it’s like the question ‘is the earth a sphere?’.

Yeah. It is. Maybe not quite perfect, but for practical purposes... yes. The real question is ‘ Is it a perfect sphere?’.

Does it matter?

Yeah. It is. Maybe not quite perfect, but for practical purposes... yes. The real question is ‘ Is it a perfect sphere?’.

Oddly enough, the shape of the Earth makes no difference. Guess you still have no clue.

Does it matter?

It's obvious you fail to understand the significance. Besides, this was a general question of science, and you stated there was no difference.

You fail.

It's obvious you fail to understand the significance. Besides, this was a general question of science, and you stated there was no difference.

You fail.

Not really.

But I guess ‘wins’ are pretty few and far between for you. Gotta claim them whenever you think you can!

Not really.

But I guess ‘wins’ are pretty few and far between for you. Gotta claim them whenever you think you can!

Wrong. You simply don't comprehend the sciences enough to know that I am almost always right when I state a fact.

Back
Top Bottom