• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

George Zimmerman in custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
so which was it? was he walking slow cause' he was casing houses to rob or cause' he was high.
)

doesn't matter, either action could reasonably be considered to be suspicious

must suck for you that I have so much power over you.....

you have no power over me, whatsoever.

you can try to provoke, insult, and annoy me till you turn blue in the face.

but all that will accomplish is that you will look like a blueberry.

So the ones that got away were assholes and Zimmerman was determined to make sure that Martin wasn't one of those assholes to get away?

Now you make no sense at all. First you say that Zimmerman was calling burglars who got away, "assholes," but not Martin. But then you say he believed Martin was one of those burglars. So how can his use of "asshole" not be applied to Trayvon?? Because he didn't "get away" since Zimmerman killed him???

if only the burglars were assholes, but Martin looked like a burglar, then Martin was also, an "asshole".

consistency is important.

1. he first called the cops because martin fit the description of the guys who had been robbing the neighborhood...you know YOUNG BLACK MALES

2. it was raining, so why did martin only pull his hood up after he noticed zimmerman following him? if it was to protect himself from the rain....he was about 0.7 miles too late, since that was about how far he had already walked from the store with his hood down.

For accuracy, I think it was Simon who looked up the weather. It was raining ittermittently and didn't rain much the entire day.

Pretty sure some of the accounts have a shower beginning during the whole thing, but not recalling referrents so I can't check. But I did see the showers/little rainfall stuff that was posted.

That is not what happened and you know it. 2% of the country was not in his neighborhood during the timeframe that the houses were being robbed. Martin absolutely matched the description and you know it. Or are you really saying that Martin was not a young black male? 17 is young. We know he was black. Definately male. Which part did he not fit?
2% is roughly the percentage of young black males in America. That is the only description you are excusing Zimmerman for calling 911 over.

Furthermore he didnt call simply because Martin was black. Martin was YOUNG BLACK AND MALE which is the complete description Zimmerman had available. He did not recognize the young black male that he saw and watched him as he was asked to do and as any NHW captain would do.
You're not saying anything different than I am. He call 911 on Trayvon because Trayvon was a young black male whom he didn't recognize. That's what I said before; that's what you are saying now.

Seems to me you are agreeing with me.

The unidentified young black male that Zimmerman was watching decided to conceal his identity and attempt to flee. Both actions that can easily be suspicious and then warrant a call to the cops.
Both of which occurred after he picked up his phone and dialed 911. They had nothing to do with why he called 911.

The only reason he called 911 was because Trayvon was a young black male whom he didn't recognize. Up until that point, all Zimmerman described was that he was wearing a hoodie (not suspicious), looking at houses (not suspicious), and possibly on drugs (which he was flat out wrong about).

Martin's only crime was being a young black male in that neighborhood who had the audacity to not first check in with the neighborhood's Paul Kersey.

It is not racist to think that black kids were repsonsible when in fact black kids were responsible. Do you think he should have followed old white ladies when the description of the robbers was young black man?
It is racist to assume a young black male you don't know is a potential burglar because he's a young black male you don't recognize, worthy of being checked out by police before they're allowed to proceed through the neighborhood.

If an area was being burglarized by 6'2 240lb white guys with shaved head and tattoos and I went walking threw there at night (that is my description) and hid from people and tried to run when they looked at me, dont you think they would assume I am suspicious? that is common sense.
And if the description was more vague than that, just that white men were seen breaking into houses, you think it's right to call the police for no reason other than spotting a white man you don't recognize??

Holy ****!

...If an area was being burglarized by 6'2 240lb white guys with shaved head and tattoos and I went walking threw there at night (that is my description) and hid from people and tried to run when they looked at me, dont you think they would assume I am suspicious? that is common sense.

wait, so if you follow someone in your car and then on foot, in the rain..and they get scared and decide to run away.....that's suspicious?

is it just me, or is that whole logic ass-backwards?

1. he first called the cops because martin fit the description of the guys who had been robbing the neighborhood...you know YOUNG BLACK MALES
Sounds like you are in complete agreement with the prosecution that Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon.

it is if there have been a string of robberies committed by young black males..then yes. context, my dear thunder. had there not been those robberies, then zimmerman's suspicion would have been unwarranted since there would have been no existing criminal profile for him to compare martin with.
I can't describe in words how much I hope Zimmerman takes the stand and says those very words to the jury.

While I think that a degree of profiling on Zs part occurred, I suspect it was descriptive rather than racist.

If there had been a number of recent burglaries involving young ASIANS and M had been asian, I suspect we'd still be dealing with the same situation.

Umm, that's no less racist. Racism isn't limited to profiling blacks.

I can't describe in words how much I hope Zimmerman takes the stand and says those very words to the jury.

"yes your honor, he looked like a possible criminal to me cause' he was young, black, and male. But not only that, he looked like he was on drugs. But I can't say why. And he looked like an asshole...but I can't say why. And he looked like a ****ing punk..but I can't say why."

:lamo

If martin was using a handsfree cell, then his actions could appear that he was talking to himself and making hand gestures as he talked. IF that was the case, then someone seeing a guy walking in the dark and rain, apparently talking to himself could reasonably appear to be high or on drugs.

we weren't there so we don't know what martin was doing or what zimmerman saw. that's why it is foolish to assume that he reported and followed martin simply because he was black.
Try again sometime with a more lucid post.

:roll::roll::roll:

you have no power over me, whatsoever.

apparently I do, since it bothers you enough that you are compelled to complain about it.

you can try to provoke, insult, and annoy me till you turn blue in the face.

I cannot help it if you allow my comments to provoke and annoy you

...we weren't there so we don't know what martin was doing or what zimmerman saw. that's why it is foolish to assume that he reported and followed martin simply because he was black, young, and male

edited for accuracy.

and yet, you believe Zimmerman would have been JUSTIFIED in following Martin, for those three reasons alone.

apparently I do, since it bothers you enough that you are compelled to complain about it.

I cannot help it if you allow my comments to provoke and annoy you

oh, your comments don't provoke or annoy me.

I simply use them as evidence that you have no interest in honest & friendly debate.

young, black, male...and in Sanford.

if that's the only thing you look for to spot a burglar, then yes...you would be racially profiling.

not if there has been a string of young, black, male robbers in the area :shrug: it is not racial profiling, it is criminal profiling. you can't fault zimmerman because martin fit the profile of criminals known to be in the area

oh, your comments don't provoke or annoy me.

your reaction to them shows otherwise

I simply use them as evidence that you have no interest in honest & friendly debate.

you have consistently shown that it is impossible to have an honest & friendly debate with you.

For accuracy, I think it was Simon who looked up the weather. It was raining ittermittently and didn't rain much the entire day.

Pretty sure some of the accounts have a shower beginning during the whole thing, but not recalling referrents so I can't check. But I did see the showers/little rainfall stuff that was posted.
My recollection of accounts, based on piecing together various witness accounts, is that it was raining pretty hard around the time Zimmerman first spotted or shortly prior to spotting Trayvon, who was standing under an awning. The rain lightened up and Trayvon began walking directly towards his residence; down Twin Trees, towards the cut through where he would be killed. By the time the news crews began filming the scene, it appeared the rain had stopped entirely.

not if there has been a string of young, black, male robbers in the area :shrug: it is not racial profiling, it is criminal profiling...

I'm sure that makes all the many innocent blacks who have been unfairly racially profiled, feel sooo much better.

"don't worry bro, we're not racially profiling you...we're CRIMINAL profiling you. And you fit the profile, black man"

I'm sure that makes all the many innocent blacks who have been unfairly racially profiled, feel sooo much better.

and just what does that have to do with this case?

I will admit that it is very difficult for me to have a friendly debate with liars & racists. That, I will give you.

and that's your problem and why you can't have a friendly debate with anyone. you believe that anyone who disagrees with you is a liar or a racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom