• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Friend says Trump is considering 'terminating' Mueller

cuban smokes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

https://www.yahoo.com/news/friend-s...-terminating-mueller-235925758--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A friend of the president says Donald Trump is considering "terminating" special counsel Robert Mueller.

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy tells Judy Woodruff of "PBS NewsHour": "I think he's considering perhaps terminating the special counsel. I think he's weighing that option."

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about Ruddy's claims.

Under current Justice Department regulations, such a firing would have to be done by Attorney General Jeff Sessions' deputy, Rod Rosenstein, not the president— though those regulations could theoretically be set aside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL ............... the train wreck that keeps on giving ............ choo choo ............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/friend-s...-terminating-mueller-235925758--politics.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — A friend of the president says Donald Trump is considering "terminating" special counsel Robert Mueller.

Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy tells Judy Woodruff of "PBS NewsHour": "I think he's considering perhaps terminating the special counsel. I think he's weighing that option."

Under current Justice Department regulations, such a firing would have to be done by Attorney General Jeff Sessions' deputy, Rod Rosenstein, not the president— though those regulations could theoretically be set aside.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL ............... the train wreck that keeps on giving ............ choo choo ............

AGAIN, when and if Trump actually does something, then it will be news.

Meanwhile, enjoy crowing "victory" about absolutely nothing...as usual. :coffeepap:

Rosenstein was the guy who hired mueller in the first place.

Trump fires him, Congress hires him, Trump goes down anyway.

Here's video of the PBS interview with Ruddy.

I think you'll be surprised at the reasons he offers for the possibility of letting Mueller go.

Rosenstein hired mueller
Lol, the problem here is that it is almost impossible to write a sarcastic statement and have it identified as sarcasm because there is so much crazy being made these days.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AGAIN, when and if Trump actually does something, then it will be news.

Meanwhile, enjoy crowing "victory" about absolutely nothing...as usual. :coffeepap:

If the story is true, the fact that he's even considering firing Mueller is alarming.

To, you know, people who aren't already prejudiced.

Looks like Trump is the one who's a Puzzy Coward. :lamo

Prejudiced=Scared???

If the story is true, the fact that he's even considering firing Mueller is alarming.

To, you know, people who aren't already prejudiced.

No it isn't. Mueller is part of the swamp. He's a closer personal friend of Comey's and often called a "brother in arms". It would be ridiculous under any circumstance for Rosenstein to have hired him. It just goes to show how much of a swamp D.C. is.

This is how Trump floats his ideas in the media, and gauges results. He then acts upon those results.

So if there is backlash to this rumour, he won't do it. If not, he'll consider it a viable option. So we shall see.

Ordinarily Presidential actions like this would be political death - as it was for Nixon. But with party control of our government removing much of the former Constitutional checks and balances we had during Nixon, the GOP power structure will likely tolerate it and spin it to their voters. Our Republic is really in a terrible place in terms of democratic process and institutions. In his farewell address, George Washington warned of the rise political parties usurping the democratic process. He was absolutely correct.

Trump fires him, Congress hires him, Trump goes down anyway.
Theoretically.

But we have complete single-party control of government. Prosecutor replacement or Presidential removal is not guaranteed, nor can we even claim it's 'likely'. We don't know.

The Comey incident alone would've done-in many Presidents in more ordinary situations, as it did to Nixon. If the Dems controlled Congress, Trump would definitely be reigned in. But that check & balance is now missing due to GOP control.

Edit: I'm adding Paul Ryan's commentary on the Comey hearing, as example of what may occur:

Last edited:

How is this news ? Its just a waste of bandwidth

Yes. You may see that I have said Trump is not doing so great of a job of "Draining the swamp". I don't know why you're being coy.

I'm just surprised to read that from you, is all.
Give me a minute to process and adjust!

Back
Top Bottom