• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watchdog

Sigh... Hannity and Carlson are on a news channel regulated by an industry made and run regulator.... the Imam is in a mosque... do you understand the difference?

Lol, Hannity and Carlson might be on a news channel, but their shows are editorial in nature. Enjoy your restricted speech. Here in America we have freedom of speech. For now.....

Perhaps the UK is concerned that media such as Hannity and Carlton will have the same "dumbing down" effect on their citizens as it has on American citizens?

Freedom of speech ain't always free. It has it's side effects, for sure.

Fox News' Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson programs violated Britain's broadcast standards, watchdog says LATimes, NOV 06, 2017

Just saying you are fair and balanced doesn't mean you are. Looks like these two will not be on long in Britain.

These two host political talk shows. They're not news reporters. They specialize in political propaganda just like their counterparts over on MSNBC, Matthews, Maddow and Hayes. There's nothing fair and balanced about any other them. Whether the UK keeps them or not is entirely up to them. I never watch political talk shows anyway.

I'm always amazed though at the huge amount of people that think when they tune into Hannity or Maddow and the like that they are getting straight, accurate and correct political news. Folks, it isn't anything more than propaganda that would make Joseph Goebbels proud.

From a country that arrests their citizens for making Facebook posts critical of Fundamentalist Muslims...even arresting British citizens MARRIED to Muslims...its hard to much give a **** about their opinions or laws regarding US broadcasts.

I was gonna say...a country that doesn't have freedom of speech, and which censors valid criticism, has no standing to be pointing the finger at anyone else.

These two host political talk shows. They're not news reporters. They specialize in political propaganda just like their counterparts over on MSNBC, Matthews, Maddow and Hayes. There's nothing fair and balanced about any other them. Whether the UK keeps them or not is entirely up to them. I never watch political talk shows anyway.

I'm always amazed though at the huge amount of people that think when they tune into Hannity or Maddow and the like that they are getting straight, accurate and correct political news. Folks, it isn't anything more than propaganda that would make Joseph Goebbels proud.

Hannity and Carlson have libs on their shows just about every day.

Sigh... Hannity and Carlson are on a news channel regulated by an industry made and run regulator.... the Imam is in a mosque... do you understand the difference?

They are commentators, not news reporters.

I always wonder why people don't do a simple google search when something as specific as that is brought up. It takes like 5 seconds and it saves them from looking stupid.

I always wonder why people don't do a simple google search when something as specific as that is brought up. It takes like 5 seconds and it saves them from looking stupid.
Yeah, that leads to wondering why you insist on being one of those people.

I mean, seeing how you apparently realize your failing, what could be easier than simply addressing it?

Hannity and Carlson have libs on their shows just about every day.

Carlson was polite with Donna Brasille (sp) last night, didn't interrupt too much, got his questions in and answered (however plausible the answer were, or weren't )

Based on previous replies on this thread Maddow isn't broadcast in the UK. I would argue if she was she would more likely attempt to follow the broadcasting laws there that those two.

To wit
Glad to see somebody not looking as stupid as those clearly unable to take their own advice.:applaud

But you shouldn't do other people's homework for them, it deprives us of the spectacle of their finally (after having already dealt with their foot) shooting themselves in the backside.

Comedy acts deserve support, not discouragement. :lol:

Yeah, that leads to wondering why you insist on being one of those people.

I mean, seeing how you apparently realize your failing, what could be easier than simply addressing it?

Rofl...yeah, because I'm totally the one that just showed by ass instead of checking the reference USN gave you. Talk about denial.

Rofl...yeah, because I'm totally the one that just showed by ass instead of checking the reference USN gave you. Talk about denial.
Ah, you're not going to deprive us of the spectacle of your aim going higher after all.

Thanks for playing even if you still don't appear to get it.

Oh, and let somebody else explain it all to you, I'm currently too doubled up with laughter.:mrgreen:

To wit Glad to see somebody not looking as stupid as those clearly unable to take their own advice.:applaud

But you shouldn't do other people's homework for them, it deprives us of the spectacle of their finally (after having already dealt with their foot) shooting themselves in the backside.

Comedy acts deserve support, not discouragement. :lol:

USNRetired's statement was true, as is his custom. Your point that the police overreacted and no charges were filed was a better point.
My method of posting is rather than ask a question I already know the answer to, just state the answer providing links if practicable.

Carlson was polite with Donna Brasille (sp) last night, didn't interrupt too much, got his questions in and answered (however plausible the answer were, or weren't )

Based on previous replies on this thread Maddow isn't broadcast in the UK. I would argue if she was she would more likely attempt to follow the broadcasting laws there that those two.
Just to add (remind those devoid of necessary concentration) that Fox now being off air in UK has less to do with any Ofcom reprimand, but with having become commercially non-viable.

End result is of course the same.

USNRetired's statement was true, as is his custom. Your point that the police overreacted and no charges were filed was a better point.
I wasn't actually meaning USNRetired as being the one prone to self-immolation, yet agree that I could have made that more clear.
My method of posting is rather than ask a question I already know the answer to, just state the answer providing links if practicable.
Where that is generally commendable, I nevertheless think that pomposity deserves being given rope, especially on here and especially in the case of the asinine comment (and from the poster) I then cited.

USN was offline by the time I repeated my question so can't really be accused of not having conducted more in-depth research, as hinted at by me.

The other one isn't offline even now and I'm looking forward to seeing how far more in he's going to dig himself.

Well, either that or scurry.

Here ya go...... a bunch of nothing for you to peruse while you thump your chest.

The BBC report said police released Ledger after his arrest, intending to question him further at a later date.

They got a complaint of a racist tirade, confirmed he was the one being accused and had done the things he was accused of, so he was taken in. They then released him after fully understanding what occurred.

With tends of millions of people interacting on a daily basis, you're going to get false positives. Any complex system be it in engineering, society, health care, etc., etc., will exhibit these things. On every issue. In every way. Every ****ing day.

But here you are, just like Hannity and Tucker, highlighting extreme statistical anomalies to paint the entire UK with a broad brush of being way over the top when it comes to racial allegations, whipping up the Fishinking's and CeltusWilbury types as a result.

It's the UK. You can go to jail for singing "Kung Fu Fighting" in the UK.
And you can be shot dead by the cops in the United States if you just so happen to run into a bad cop. Priorities people.

They got a complaint of a racist tirade, confirmed he was the one being accused and had done the things he was accused of, so he was taken in. They then released him after fully understanding what occurred.

With tends of millions of people interacting on a daily basis, you're going to get false positives. Any complex system be it in engineering, society, health care, etc., etc., will exhibit these things. On every issue. In every way. Every ****ing day.

But here you are, just like Hannity and Tucker, highlighting extreme statistical anomalies to paint the entire UK with a broad brush of being way over the top when it comes to racial allegations, whipping up the Fishinking's and CeltusWilbury types as a result.

And you can be shot dead by the cops in the United States if you just so happen to run into a bad cop. Priorities people.
whipping up the Fishinking's and CeltusWilbury types as a result.
Just to point out (correct) that it was Cletus Wilbury who did what others should have done in the first place, namely to do some more in-depth research. The result of which would have shown those so pompously spouting forth over others being incapable of it, that the musician wasn't even charged with anything, let alone jailed.

Of course I knew all that a long time ago but hey, if others want to make themselves look foolish, who am I to deny them the opportunity?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom