• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FOX lawyer admits Tucker Carlson is fake news

Tucker Carlson is not "news," and he does not pretend to be news.

He is offering his views and commentary on issues, as well as his opinions.

That's the point. Which is why the attorney is admitting it. :shrug:

Opinions are nice, but when someone makes a factual assertion it needs to be true.

As long as you understand she is a total joke then we are good!

Obviously - you refuse to accept that you have committed plagiarism AND that the site you plagiarised was telling you a crap story BUT because it confirmed what you already knew to be TRUE, reality is something that you can't comprehend.

Despite Mr Cernovich's headline, the judge in the case did not say, Rachel Maddow, Ph.D. is "not a real journalist".

Mr. Lawyer is correct. I do not tune into Tucker to hear the news.
Who TF tunes into cable evening programming to hear the news???

But good to know Tucker is still an elephant-size burr under your saddles.

Good luck getting him to go away.

So he isn't the news, he doesn't fact check and he doesn't necessarily tell the truth. No wonder so many trumpers like him.

And of course there is always that sick rush of givin' it to them libtards.

Tucker provides the popcorn for the intellectually bankrupt enjoy the show.

Scott D. Pierce: Fox lawyers admit Tucker Carlson doesn’t always tell the truth - The Salt Lake Tribune

This isn't news (see what I did there) but a FOX lawyer admitting it out loud is.

A former Playboy model is suing Fox News, because the $150k she obtained from selling her story about sex to a tabloid has run out, and now she needs more money from rich men. Bfd. It's more interesting to me that her lawsuit is being allowed to proceed, as she's claiming Carlson accused her of committing a 'crime' when he said she used her sex story in an attempt to extort money from Trump. That's precisely what she did.

At least Fox distinguishes it’s opinion shows from its news reports (and has for years) unlike most other networks who push their opinion as unbiased news reporting. :lol:

Tucker reveals the hypocrisy and gives the 35,000-foot view. And he's VERY good at it.

The problem with all of these news stations is that they have actual news broadcasts and then the opinion broadcasts. Many channels have their Tucker Carlson's stating their opinions and people listen to them.

I love the people who quote comedians and late night hosts for their news.

A former Playboy model is suing Fox News, because the $150k she obtained from selling her story about sex to a tabloid has run out, and now she needs more money from rich men. Bfd. It's more interesting to me that her lawsuit is being allowed to proceed, as she's claiming Carlson accused her of committing a 'crime' when he said she used her sex story in an attempt to extort money from Trump. That's precisely what she did.

The lawsuit itself isn't the topic of the thread but thanks for sharing.

Carlson's show, same as Hannity, and before them O'Reilly, is NOT a news show anyway, it is just commentary/opinion.

The real fake news is CBS, NBC, and ABC.

Lol this entire article is based on a FOX lawyer arguing that Tucker Carlson isn't "sober factual reporting"

This article is Fake News :lamo

What's fake about it?

Trumpists do not consider it news and it's actually just pure coincidence that they repeat the crap he says as if it were news.

And that they brag about Tucker making "Cable News History". It fascinates me that the contradictory argument flies straight over their heads. It must be the Trump Kool-aide. Strong stuff.

What's fake about it?

The headline "Tucker Carlson Doesn't Always Tell The Truth"

The Fox attorney argued that the Tucker Carlson Show wasn't "sober factual reporting". I sincerely doubt the attorney meant that Tucker fabricated facts.

The show simply isn't "sober factual reporting," it's opinion commentary, based on factual information.

The headline "Tucker Carlson Doesn't Always Tell The Truth"

The Fox attorney argued that the Tucker Carlson Show wasn't "sober factual reporting". I sincerely doubt the attorney meant that Tucker fabricated facts.

The show simply isn't "sober factual reporting," it's opinion commentary, based on factual information.

What other words besides the word fake do you need help with the definition?

Scott D. Pierce: Fox lawyers admit Tucker Carlson doesn’t always tell the truth - The Salt Lake Tribune

This isn't news (see what I did there) but a FOX lawyer admitting it out loud is.

Speaking of fake news...nowhere in the article did the legal team claim anything but A. These are the only quotes from a lawyer used in the article:

“Would a reasonable viewer be coming here [to ‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’] and thinking, ‘This is where I’m going to be hearing the news of the day’?” Fox News attorney Erin Murphy asked in a hearing-via-telephone on Wednesday

Murphy referred to “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as “hyperbolic opinion commentary,” not “sober factual reporting.”

Maybe its in the linked article behind the paywall, but the OP is just another hit piece 99% hyperbolic opinion, as bad as Carlson allegedly is.

Last edited:

lol...yeah, a liar who brainwashes millions of ignorant people--why would anyone have an issue with that? :roll:

He's repeating Trump's opinions. Not offering his own.

Actually he along with Hannity and Alex Jones give the President his talking points. Listen to one of their shows and within a day trump is repeating it. I doubt trump has had an original thought in years.

I’m sure you don’t.

After all, actual real world information throughly exposes the deluded fantasies the Trump cult clings to.

Tucker Carlson is not "news," and he does not pretend to be news.

He is offering his views and commentary on issues, as well as his opinions.

That's the point. Which is why the attorney is admitting it. :shrug:

It seems like the American news industry spends more time delivering opinions over news, what is more important, actual news or opinion pieces?

It seems like the American news industry spends more time delivering opinions over news, what is more important, actual news or opinion pieces?

Both, neither, whichever customers demand. They are in business to make money. Their product is infotainment.

But I suppose you think, Rachel Maddow is telling you the truth, or Don Lemon or Joe Scarbrough or a host of other liberal liars.

Well we know Trump lies on a daily basis, lead by a terrible example.

Both, neither, whichever customers demand. They are in business to make money. Their product is infotainment.

Infotainment is the problem, I would rather have actual investigative journalism rather than this pop news nonsense and I think sometimes you have to present the masses with something intellectual over something that is merely entertaining.

A news agency is readily admitting they have a guy whose job it is to take news, and make them something more or less than news, at will, and who isnt bound by the journalistic standards of his other peers at the agency. You know, like telling the truth.

I mean, if FOX were a newspaper, Tucker is supposed to be seen as the last, page with comics, or the local restaurant reviews... definitely not writing the opinion column.

That's not encouraging.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

What other words besides the word fake do you need help with the definition?

Maybe the words "Doesn't Always Tell The TRUTH".

Stating that Tucker LIES is fraud. His lawyer said the Tucker Carlson Show was not "sober factual reporting".

Lol she didn't mean that he wasn't basing his opinions on facts. She meant that it was an opinion show, not a sober factual reporting show.

Anyone with any context whatsoever with the Tucker Carlson Show and Fox would understand the context of that phrase.

Maybe the words "Doesn't Always Tell The TRUTH".

Stating that Tucker LIES is fraud. His lawyer said the Tucker Carlson Show was not "sober factual reporting".

Lol she didn't mean that he wasn't basing his opinions on facts. She meant that it was an opinion show, not a sober factual reporting show.

Anyone with any context whatsoever with the Tucker Carlson Show and Fox would understand the context of that phrase.

So, you still don't know what the word came means.

Back
Top Bottom