• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

For Abuse Victims, Life Just Got Harder

This is such a broad statement, as anything in your house that can cause death makes it more dangerous to the family and their friends.

No, the studies show that having a gun in the home, results in a greater likelihood of you being shot than if you didn't buy a gun.

No, the studies show that having a gun in the home, results in a greater likelihood of you being shot than if you didn't buy a gun.

I'm not disagreeing with the statement. If you own a firearm and don't safely handle and store the firearm, there's a risk of negligent discharge or misuse... makes perfect sense. It's just a broad statement because the same parameters apply to any other household item which can cause death (e.g. drugs, gas, lighters, kitchen knives, etc.)

I'm not disagreeing with the statement. If you own a firearm and don't safely handle and store the firearm, there's a risk of negligent discharge or misuse... makes perfect sense. It's just a broad statement because the same parameters apply to any other household item which can cause death (e.g. drugs, gas, lighters, kitchen knives, etc.)

Accidents are lower than the suicides and domestic homicides.

Accidents are lower than the suicides and domestic homicides.

I haven't researched the numbers behind different household items, and I wouldn't be surprised if firearms out rank other methods of death in the household. Makes sense; however, a death is a death regardless of what method was used.

I haven't researched the numbers behind different household items, and I wouldn't be surprised if firearms out rank other methods of death in the household. Makes sense; however, a death is a death regardless of what method was used.

Guns are used in 40,000 of them.

gunned down by their husbands/estranged husbands in the last 4 days...

42yo, Arizona...
192633.jpg

Man shoots, kills estranged wife at Gilbert apartment complex, police say | Arizona News | azfamily.com

59yo, Illinois...
192750.jpg

Lockport Township murder-suicide leaves Cheryl Schriefer, Patrick Jesernik dead - Chicago Sun-Times

36yo, Maryland...
192469.jpg

Man Kills Wife, 18-Year-Old In Mt. Airy Shooting | WBAL NewsRadio 1090/FM 101.5

48yo, Oklahoma...
192276.jpg

Bethany Police Investigate After Apparent Murder-Suicide Leaves 3 Dead, 1 Injured - News 9

And you know they would not have been killed if a gun were not available?

Firearms don't make the top 5 accidents .

Access Denied

More armed women means fewer rapists and abusers.

There was a time in this country where a father was within his rights to kill someone who raped, or abused their daughters. We need to see a return to that.

It's always so black and white with you isn't it?

I’ll take the fabricated risk.

If you are NOT:

an abuser of narcotics or prescription medication

a drunkard

involved in criminal activity

or in an abusive relationship

the risk factors drop to almost zero in terms of criminal violence with a gun you own.

Firearms don't make the top 5 accidents .

Access Denied

If saving lives-rather than harassing individuals for political reasons-was the true agenda of the gun banners, they would pick causes of premature death that

1) are responsible for far more deaths

2) and were not based on a political agenda.

Almost every anti gun advocacy group and advocate is aligned with the Democratic Party or leftwing operatives these days. Why? because gun control is a weapon the left uses to attack individuals and groups that normally support GOP causes and candidates.

more women gunned down by husbands/estranged husbands/boyfriends recently...

32yo, Oklahoma...
192272.jpg

54yo, Illinois...
191974.jpg

62yo, Florida...
191854.jpg

29yo, WVa...
190306.jpg

45yo, Penn...
190117.jpg

If saving lives-rather than harassing individuals for political reasons-was the true agenda of the gun banners, they would pick causes of premature death that

1) are responsible for far more deaths

2) and were not based on a political agenda.

Almost every anti gun advocacy group and advocate is aligned with the Democratic Party or leftwing operatives these days. Why? because gun control is a weapon the left uses to attack individuals and groups that normally support GOP causes and candidates.

Guns take lives. They do not save them.

16421.jpeg

And you know they would not have been killed if a gun were not available?

Let's put it this way--they were not killed by something other than a gun. So, your post is dumb.

more women gunned down by husbands/estranged husbands/boyfriends recently...

32yo, Oklahoma...

54yo, Illinois...

62yo, Florida...

29yo, WVa...

45yo, Penn...

any proof of your claims? what are the underlying facts?

Well, at least we are number one at something other than cases of COVID-19.

325px-2010_homicide_suicide_rates_high-income_countries.png

MAGA!

I think the average family is fine. But, abusive ones are never normal, even in best of times. And, victims of abuse are victims for a reason: they are usually trapped either physically or psychologically to begin with. Scary thoughts, IMO.

And you think that the best way to protect them.. is to take away my guns... rather than use the resources to take away my guns... to say remove the abuser from the household.. or to provide the necessary public support so the victims can leave the abusive situation?

Just how absurd are you?

Back
Top Bottom