• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida high court sides with governor on felon voter rights

As a sufficient but not necessary condition, if the United States Constitution literally calls it a right, it's a right.

How did the people who wrote the Constitution come to the conclusion of what is and is not a right?

How did the people who wrote the Constitution come to the conclusion of what is and is not a right?

Absolutely irrelevant. :) The right of citizens of the United States to vote is explicitly, verbatim protected by the Constitution.

Absolutely irrelevant. :) The right of citizens of the United States to vote is explicitly, verbatim protected by the Constitution.

There are a few references, but it is not specifically enumerated directly in the Constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few references, but it is not specifically enumerated directly in the Constitution.

^ Bald-faced lie. I literally COPY-PASTED that text from the 19th Amendment. :lamo

^ Bald-faced lie. I literally COPY-PASTED that text from the 19th Amendment. :lamo

How about you look up the word 'lie' that way you wont look stupid when you misuse it.

Source: (AP) Florida high court sides with governor on felon voter rights

I saw this bit of news come across CTV, and decided to do a little research. Not research into the substance of the ruling, but rather research into the celebratory victory Tweet Governor DeSantis did in response to the ruling.

The DeSantis Tweet segment in question, is the last quote in my O.P. Here it is again below, with my adding emphasis to the part I'm focusing upon:

Voting is a "privilege"? This is the attitude of the FL Republican governor? Whether Fruedian slip or not, I find this statement appalling.

Idiot. The RIGHT to vote is America's foundation.

During his first candidacy commercial, DeSantis said, "I will do the best for Florida." That sentence was stuck in my head when I saw his name on the ballot. Man, I miss the voting machines Ohioans have . . .

Last edited:

Go back and read it calmly. The thing that does not make it ax explicit right is because the 19th describes a condition where voting cannot be “denied or abridged” and that is “on account of sex”.

“All citizens have the right to vote” would be an explicit right. The 19th and all the other references just reduce the realm of possible basis for voting to be denied or abridged.
It can be denied because of citizenship, age, and any other criteria that has not specifically been listed in the Constitution.

As for the personal attack, “Nuts”.

Source: (AP) Florida high court sides with governor on felon voter rights

I saw this bit of news come across CTV, and decided to do a little research. Not research into the substance of the ruling, but rather research into the celebratory victory Tweet Governor DeSantis did in response to the ruling.

The DeSantis Tweet segment in question, is the last quote in my O.P. Here it is again below, with my adding emphasis to the part I'm focusing upon:

Voting is a "privilege"? This is the attitude of the FL Republican governor? Whether Fruedian slip or not, I find this statement appalling.

\Boy, voting rights for jail birds

That's front and center in what ill's America(rolling eyes)

\Boy, voting rights for jail birds

That's front and center in what ill's America(rolling eyes)

What about gun rights?

Florida is from start to finish a Banana Republic.

The End!

Non violent offenders should have that right observed.

Have you ever notice police start by investigating a suspect first by a criminal record?(wink)

Back
Top Bottom