• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks

I am more concerned with inner city kids shooting each other than I am about any moronic white nationalists and Antifa.

But I don't see any official organization of a group antifa: it is the collective name of a movement

They are more organized than you believe. They have chapters set up in many of the larger cities. If you read the Politico report the tactics they use (organising car pools,raising bail money in preparation for arrests, counter-surveilling law enforcement using three-man scout teams, using handheld radios for communication, etc) would require logistical support that you wouldn't see if it were simply a movement. Honestly, it sounds much more like terrorist cells rather than a movement when you look at the entire picture.

Like I said...Politico will be Politico. But tell me...do you have any answers to my questions?

Antifa's have killed how many civilians?

White supremacists have killed how many civilians?

Some on the rabid right will attempt to spin any government report (the same government they routinely bash for over reach and attempting to militarize the police and create FEMA concentration camps) without context to some right wing nut end.

When the antifa's start lynching poor white folks, I'll get on board with condemning them like the white supremacists.

I do kinda smile when a professed white supremacists kills someone they are justa kook, by the same crowd now ranting about a Homeland Security report (the same H.S. who fear airline traveler's toothpaste).

There are disturbing elements on both sides but to equate those who stand up to bigotry, and racism with those who proudly support such garbage is yet another rabid right false equiv... :peace

Some on the rabid right will attempt to spin any government report (the same government they routinely bash for over reach and attempting to militarize the police and create FEMA concentration camps) without context to some right wing nut end.

When the antifa's start lynching poor white folks, I'll get on board with condemning them like the white supremacists.

I do kinda smile when a professed white supremacists kills someone they are justa kook, by the same crowd now ranting about a Homeland Security report (the same H.S. who fear airline traveler's toothpaste).

There are disturbing elements on both sides but to equate those who stand up to bigotry, and racism with those who proudly support such garbage is yet another rabid right false equiv... :peace

I'm not making this a "comparison issue" and you shouldn't either. Instead of saying, "but antifa isn't as bad as the other guy", how about you judge them on their own actions?

Antifa is "the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI."

Are these good guys, in your opinion? Or bad guys?

They are more organized than you believe. They have chapters set up in many of the larger cities. If you read the Politico report the tactics they use (organising car pools,raising bail money in preparation for arrests, counter-surveilling law enforcement using three-man scout teams, using handheld radios for communication, etc) would require logistical support that you wouldn't see if it were simply a movement. Honestly, it sounds much more like terrorist cells rather than a movement when you look at the entire picture.

That logistical support is something that should be...if it isn't already...looked at by the FBI.

Myself, I wouldn't be surprised if it's connected to Soros.

That logistical support is something that should be...if it isn't already...looked at by the FBI.

Considering the report was made by the FBI and DHS, I am fairly certain they are looking at it. If they were connected to Soros they wouldn't need to raise funds.

Considering the report was made by the FBI and DHS, I am fairly certain they are looking at it. If they were connected to Soros they wouldn't need to raise funds.

That report...early last year...was made by the Obama administration. I'm not certain at all that the current administration is looking at it, but I am quite certain the Obama administration never investigated the funding that bunch has received. Or, if he did, he's hidden their findings.

Because life is a big Chess game between Soros and the Koch Bros.

What a ridiculous statement. It's exactly like when I criticize Islam. Somebody always brings up Christianity as a comparison. As if the discussion was even about comparing things.

Saying that something that is considered wrong is not as wrong because there's things they consider worse out there is absurd.

The subject of the thread is antifa. Things are not as bad as white supremacists doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

Why don't you try defending antifa without bringing up white supremacists.

Last edited:
Oh...and that would be Obama's FBI and Homeland Security.

The rest of this article can safely be ignored because, as we all know, Politico wouldn't BE Politico if they didn't try to spin this against Trump.

The important points and questions:

Antifa has been considered domestic terrorists...yet have been allowed, by the Feds and local LE, to act at will. Will this change? Will they continue to tolerate these terrorist thugs?

The Mainstream Media has been minimizing the dangers of that group. Will they now change their tune?

The Obama administration kept this information from the public, at least, and probably from LE. Does anyone think that is acceptable?

And, finally, for all you fellow forum members...those who have downplayed or supported antifa's violent, unacceptable behavior...now that you have OBAMA'S administration saying these things about them, will you still tolerate them?

If you want to stop Antifa....then stop the Fascists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's and nationalists. The former is a reaction to the latter.

Im sorry I wasn't clear.

What should we stop the white supremacists from doing?

From promoting and trying to mainstream fascism, racism, bigotry, sexism, homophobia and nationalism.

From promoting and trying to mainstream fascism, racism, bigotry, sexism, homophobia and nationalism.

Why they aren't going to get anywhere. Fascism is extremely unpopular in a liberal republic such as ours. So that is effectively stopped simply by the country being a republic. Racism sexism and homophobia is all bigotry, so its pointless too list them individually. Those are all very unpopular ideas. They are stopped by our culture.

Nationalism is a good thing. I don't want globalism. So no. Anti-fa can drop dead on that one.

So fascism doesn't really exist here and is in no way likely to become popular. Bigotry isn't going away. People are allowed to be bigots. People are also allowed to promote bad ideas.

The first amendment protects that, thus antifa wants the repeal of the first amendment. No, that's to high a cost. We can simply meet their violence with enforcement of law. They can easily be stopped with might and we don't have to give into their ridiculous demands.

If you want to stop Antifa....then stop the Fascists, white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's and nationalists. The former is a reaction to the latter.

According to the Obama administration, that is not true.

According to the Obama administration, that is not true.

Really...so what exactly did the Obama Administration say? Link?

Why they aren't going to get anywhere. Fascism is extremely unpopular in a liberal republic such as ours. So that is effectively stopped simply by the country being a republic. Racism sexism and homophobia is all bigotry, so its pointless too list them individually. Those are all very unpopular ideas. They are stopped by our culture.
Tell that to Germany...they had a nice culture before Hitler, too.

Nationalism is a good thing. I don't want globalism. So no. Anti-fa can drop dead on that one.

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism [...] and it is not a good thing. I don't much like globalism either but I hate nationalism more.

So fascism doesn't really exist here and is in no way likely to become popular. Bigotry isn't going away. People are allowed to be bigots. People are also allowed to promote bad ideas.
Some people think it does exist here as evidenced by the numerous fascist and neo nazi rallies of late.

The first amendment protects that, thus antifa wants the repeal of the first amendment. No, that's to high a cost. We can simply meet their violence with enforcement of law. They can easily be stopped with might and we don't have to give into their ridiculous demands.

When did Antifa say they wanted to repeal the first amendment? Do you have a direct quote with a link to back up your assertion?

If you want to fight violence with violence then you are no better than Antifa.

Tell that to Germany...they had a nice culture before Hitler, too.
Hitler had massive support from the general public. I have a hard time believing his ideals would appeal to our culture.

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism [...] and it is not a good thing.
I never said fascism was a good thing. Nationalism is.
I don't much like globalism either but I hate nationalism more.
Why?

Some people think it does exist here as evidenced by the numerous fascist and neo nazi rallies of late.
They are misguided. A band of hicks does not a fascism make.

When did Antifa say they wanted to repeal the first amendment?
If They want to stop people from promoting something than clearly they Do. The freedom of speech is guaranteed by the first amendment. If they want to suspend free speech to those promoting ideas thru don't like that's exactly what they are doing.
Do you have a direct quote with a link to back up your assertion?
You said they want to stop people from promoting ideas they don't like. Were you lying?

If you want to fight violence with violence then you are no better than Antifa.
Than the United States was no better than Nazi Germany. Because they fought violence with violence. And the union was just as bad as the confederate states because they fought violence with violence.

If it's all that will work its the only option. I do believe declaring them a terrorist organization, sending in national guard to apprehend them identify them and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law will work. That is what I meant by might.

Last edited:
I'm not making this a "comparison issue" and you shouldn't either. Instead of saying, "but antifa isn't as bad as the other guy", how about you judge them on their own actions? Antifa is "the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI." Are these good guys, in your opinion? Or bad guys?

Of course you don't want to compare the rather long list of killings and violence of the White Supremacists with anyone, they 'win' hands down... :lol:

You are the one saying it's 'Obama's' Homeland Security (as if he checks with every assessment before making them official)

But the H.S. group fears everything and makes rather extravagant claims of the threat they see in the dark, it's their job. They feared everyone to include veterans... :doh

They feared toothpaste tubes, mouthwash bottles, can openers, P38's, lighters, my credit card tool kit because it has a 2" file and a mini pen refill... :roll:

I've asked other right wingers this- who has the antifa's killed? What was the nature of these attacks? I kinda see the antifa's more like the Boston Tea Party 'terrorists', who 'instigate' attacks on political institutions than the White supremacists who liked to attack folks for little more than the color of their skin...

Not make this a comparison- well there really isn't any comparison... :peace

Hitler had massive support from the general public. I have a hard time believing his ideals would appeal to our culture.
Hitler offered the German people the same thing that Trump is offering the American people now. A scapegoat for all their problems.

I never said fascism was a good thing. Nationalism is. Why?
You tell me, you're the one claiming that the nationalism espoused by the far right extremists is a good thing.

They are misguided. A band of hicks does not a fascism make.
I hate to pop your bubble but there's Fascists in the White House right now. They were the B team that helped get Trump elected. And now slowly but surely they're being replaced with the A team.

If They want to stop people from promoting something than clearly they Do. The freedom of speech is guaranteed by the first amendment. If they want to suspend free speech to those promoting ideas thru don't like that's exactly what they are doing. You said they want to stop people from promoting ideas they don't like. Were you lying?
Just as I thought....you have no idea what the first amendment is or even means.

Hint: The First Amendment only protects the right of free speech from the government...not the people.

I did not say "they wanted to stop people from promoting ideas they don't like." You just lied and tried to put words in my mouth. Shame on you.

Nationalism is simply defined as patriotism. Which is support for ones own country. Why do you hate that?

Fascism is simply described as an extreme form of Nationalism. Where do you draw the line between fascism and patriotism?

Hitler offered the German people the same thing that Trump is offering the American people now. A scapegoat for all their problems.
What scapegoat?

You tell me, you're the one claiming that the nationalism espoused by the far right extremists is a good thing.
That's a bold faced lie. I said nationalism is a good thing. Nationalism is support for ones own country. You moved the goalposts by later saying it was "far right extremist nationalism."

I hate to pop your bubble but there's Fascists in the White House right now.
Explain how he's a fascist.

Just as I thought....you have no idea what the first amendment is or even means.
Explain what it is and means outside of the first right enumerated in the bill of rights. Explain what it means of it doesn't mean you habe the freedom of speech.

Hint: The First Amendment only protects the right of free speech from the government...not the people.
So a group of people that are not the government can violate the first amendment rights of others? So white supremacists can say and promote what they wish?

I did not say "they wanted to stop people from promoting ideas they don't like." You just lied and tried to put words in my mouth. Shame on you.
You did say we could stop them by not allowing people to have their first amendment rights. If that is what they want, how is that not them wanting to stop people from promoting ideas they don't like?

Back
Top Bottom