• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'

Thats just stupid from beginning to end. What is it 'your' side wants that my side supposedly doesnt?

??? Which side is screaming about shutting down the economy? There is a clear answer there. The conservatives.

[h=1]Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job'[/h]

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci on Thursday responded to reports that he has been given a personal security detail due to receiving threats, telling CBS’s Gayle King that despite the pressure he is facing, “it’s my job.”

"You know, it's my job. This is the life I've chosen, and I'm doing it," Fauci said. "I mean, obviously there's a lot of pressure. I would be foolish to deny that. ... It's a job to do, and we've just got to do it."
Fauci, who has held his position since 1984, has reportedly been given a security detail amid an increase in threats made against him, and a small contingent of supporters of President Trump has vocally criticized his blunt assessments of the pandemic even as Trump and Fauci have both denied any rift.

Fauci dismisses death threats: 'It's my job' | TheHill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of monster would threaten this man's life?

Liberals.

??? Which side is screaming about shutting down the economy? There is a clear answer there. The conservatives.

Yes, so? Fauci is a doctor not an economist. He has not closed down the economy, governors have. He is a member of Trumps team and it is far, far more likely that some kook fringe leftist who hates trump and anyone who associates with him is the one hurling the death threats.

He disagreed with Trump's "facts", which is why he has been replaced at plague briefings by William Barr.

Hes there almost every day. Maybe you should try paying attention.

I think it indicative of how far off the rails the left has become.
You got him to engage off-subject from likely right wing death threats to Fauci, to blaming the left.

-100 for trolling the thread.
+10 for getting a willing participant to help.

Yes, so? Fauci is a doctor not an economist. He has not closed down the economy, governors have. He is a member of Trumps team and it is far, far more likely that some kook fringe leftist who hates trump and anyone who associates with him is the one hurling the death threats.

So, you couldnt even answer the question. I didnt say these threats made sense, they dont :doh And he and other medical experts are providing the data and the programs to help slow down infection...and that is what the governors (most) are following. THEIR guidelines. Do you think the politicians are making it up for fun? :roll:

He's been at The Donald's side for more than a month...no hate from 'liberals.' But now that the economic crunch is on...here come many conservatives off their rockers over it.

Good lord, lack of common sense? Look in the mirror, you apparently cant even connect simple dots.

So, you couldnt even answer the question. I didnt say these threats made sense, they dont :doh And he and other medical experts are providing the data and the programs to help slow down infection...and that is what the governors (most) are following. THEIR guidelines. Do you think the politicians are making it up for fun? :roll:

He's been at The Donald's side for more than a month...no hate from 'liberals.' But now that the economic crunch is on...here come many conservatives off their rockers over it.

Good lord, lack of common sense? Look in the mirror, you apparently cant even connect simple dots.

There are no dots to connect here. Thats kinda the point. But that hasnt stopped the mindless left from blaming the right and you from joining right in.

Thats both false and stupid. Maybe you and Lursa can team up to put together an intelligent response here. Although I dont think youll be much help. She might be better off on her own.

We know what Rush Limbaugh said about him. It's probably not a huge stretch to say that many of his listeners voted for Trump. It's not a huge stretch that many have the means as far as firearms go. Ergo....

We know what Rush Limbaugh said about him. It's probably not a huge stretch to say that many of his listeners voted for Trump. It's not a huge stretch that many have the means as far as firearms go. Ergo....

Then take it up with Limbaugh. But the fact remains that you have zero evidence that these threats are coming from the right. Zero. Come back when you have some actual facts.

Then take it up with Limbaugh. But the fact remains that you have zero evidence that these threats are coming from the right. Zero. Come back when you have some actual facts.

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right - The New York Times

The truly lunatic condemnations against Fauci are coming from Qanon-esque circles. Democrats by and large respect and agree with his recommendations. If Dr. Fauci is receiving death threats....and I have no reason to think he isn’t...then it stands to reason that they’re coming from the side making crazy assertions about a Deep State and not from the side that...isn’t.

There are no dots to connect here. Thats kinda the point. But that hasnt stopped the mindless left from blaming the right and you from joining right in.

And again...you show nothing but 'na huh'. That's not an argument. I pointed out clear reasons why the left supports Dr. Fauci and why extreme stupid on science conservatives do not.

You cant counter my argument...so you just repeat yourself.

We liberals are glad that Dr Fauci and the other medical experts reined in The Donald...heck he had to do it just again last week to get The Donald to backpeddle on his stupid 'Open by Easter' initiative. It's the conservatives that object to the slowed economy and Dr. Fauci's DAILY discussions on why staying home and closed is necessary.

You are a liar if you deny that.

After Limbaugh branded him as "deep state" i would doubt it. You are not capable of the leap of imagination it takes to think any Trumpian doesn't **** rainbows.

hand on. Limbaugh said he was (the imaginary) Deep State?

Medical Expert Who Corrects Trump Is Now a Target of the Far Right - The New York Times

The truly lunatic condemnations against Fauci are coming from Qanon-esque circles. Democrats by and large respect and agree with his recommendations. If Dr. Fauci is receiving death threats....and I have no reason to think he isn’t...then it stands to reason that they’re coming from the side making crazy assertions about a Deep State and not from the side that...isn’t.

Of course you believe that, but when you get evidence that the death threats are coming from the right, feel free to post it.

And again...you show nothing but 'na huh'. That's not an argument. I pointed out clear reasons why the left supports Dr. Fauci and why extreme stupid on science conservatives do not.

You cant counter my argument...so you just repeat yourself.

We liberals are glad that Dr Fauci and the other medical experts reined in The Donald...heck he had to do it just again last week to get The Donald to backpeddle on his stupid 'Open by Easter' initiative. It's the conservatives that object to the slowed economy and Dr. Fauci's DAILY discussions on why staying home and closed is necessary.

You are a liar if you deny that.

You have not made an argument that it is someone on the right that is calling in death threats. When you get some facts and some names, let me know. Until then, it is you who are lying.

Of course you believe that, but when you get evidence that the death threats are coming from the right, feel free to post it.

First, do you deny that he's receiving death threats?

If the answer to that is yes, then do you think they're coming from the side making crazy accusations against him or the side that isn't?

You have zero facts that they come from the left. If your conjecture is ok, so is mine.

You have not made an argument that it is someone on the right that is calling in death threats. When you get some facts and some names, let me know. Until then, it is you who are lying.

I guess you need a dictionary then...because that's exactly what I presented and exactly what you continue to fail to refute.

Once again you addressed my post without anything to discuss...you cant even support your position.

LOLOLOL If they had names, dont you think they'd have gone after them? :doh

And this is what I was responding to in the OP:

What kind of monster would threaten this man's life?

I've been very clear in my opinion and supported it. You have failed to do so and failed to refute mine.

First, do you deny that he's receiving death threats?

If the answer to that is yes, then do you think they're coming from the side making crazy accusations against him or the side that isn't?

I never denied he was getting death threats. Has TDS made honesty impossible for you? I dont quite understand the mentality of someone who would call in a death threat to anyone. But until you actually catch someone doing it, your opinion isnt worth crap.

I guess you need a dictionary then...because that's exactly what I presented and exactly what you continue to fail to refute.

Once again you addressed my post without anything to discuss...you cant even support your position.

I've been very clear in my opinion and supported it. You have failed to do so and failed to refute mine.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Dr. Fauci's life has been threatened and all I asked was what kind of monster would threaten the life of what is now a very valuable man.

Bull**** You have an opinion with zero facts that support it. You dont know who is making these death threats. No one does. But you know who you want it to be so you spread that around and pretend you can back it up. You cant and you havent.

I never denied he was getting death threats. Has TDS made honesty impossible for you? I dont quite understand the mentality of someone who would call in a death threat to anyone. But until you actually catch someone doing it, your opinion isnt worth crap.

Who do you think is more likely to be making the death threats? The people making insane accusations against him or the people who aren't?

I have no idea what you're talking about. Dr. Fauci's life has been threatened and all I asked was what kind of monster would threaten the life of what is now a very valuable man.

I used your quote in response to a conversation in the thread. Why not look at that conversation before responding?

You have zero facts that they come from the left. If your conjecture is ok, so is mine.

I dont. But I didnt start a thread blaming the left either. I was simply responding the lying left who pretended they knew for certain who it was.

Back
Top Bottom