• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fake Jesus is bad for your education.

Joseph Smith designed a new religion during the 19th century. During the 20th century, Scientology was designed by a author looking for a tax break.

You say it is a fact because it was written into a bible. Fine, read the Mormon Bible, and accept that it is true. Then, read what ever Scientology and believe that too.

So, for that reason you should stop searching for the truth? SMH...that is a defeatist attitude...

Isn't that the book which lists his genealogy thru his (according to the Gospel narrative) step father?

OM

Yep. His father is God Almighty (Jeremiah 23:5-6, Isaiah 9, etc.). His genealogy through his mother is in Luke, according to tradition.

Joseph Smith designed a new religion during the 19th century. During the 20th century, Scientology was designed by a author looking for a tax break.

You say it is a fact because it was written into a bible. Fine, read the Mormon Bible, and accept that it is true. Then, read what ever Scientology and believe that too.

A fact ?

When did I say that ?

The Bible is evidence (not necessarily factual) of the existence of god as Christians believe in him.

But it is weak evidence, indeed all the evidence supporting god's existence is weak.

However you said that Jesus wasn't a nobleman descended from Kings, because if that were the case, then the Bible would have something to say about it.

Do you now admit you're wrong about this ?

But then you'd have to believe in the Virgin birth....

If the story about the virgin birth is accepted, a requirement for Christiainty apparently, then Jesus does not match the requirement of being the Messiah by being the root of Jesse, which would be the whole purpose behind reciting a genealogy to begin with.

Yep. His father is God Almighty (Jeremiah 23:5-6, Isaiah 9, etc.). His genealogy through his mother is in Luke, according to tradition.

But, not according to the bible. If you look at the words in Luke, Luke never says it is through Mary.

The Bible is evidence (not necessarily factual) of the existence of god as Christians believe in him.

The bible is not evidence, because it could have been written by men with a political, social, and economic gains. If you can show a independent document during the first century that backs up the wording of the bible -- then you have evidence.

However you said that Jesus wasn't a nobleman descended from Kings, because if that were the case, then the Bible would have something to say about it.

In my judgement, Jesus was a made up to be a fictional icon. Zeus and Jesus are equal to each other -- they are fiction.

But, not according to the bible. If you look at the words in Luke, Luke never says it is through Mary.

Ramoss, you're not in a position of knowledge to try to tell Christians about their own religion. Stick to your jack-legged politically-correct reform Judaism, which denies the Jewish God.

In my judgement, Jesus was a made up to be a fictional icon. Zeus and Jesus are equal to each other -- they are fiction.

You've long ago lost whatever credibility you thought you had with this nonsense.

The "Fake Jesus" argument is of the devil. It's Satanic and juvenile.

Ramoss, you're not in a position of knowledge to try to tell Christians about their own religion. Stick to your jack-legged politically-correct reform Judaism, which denies the Jewish God.

Nope, but I CAN read. Let's see you point to the words in Luke that specifically say that it is through Mary's line. Use the words in Luke. Use your divinity degree and show that my statement is wrong.. Go right ahead. / And as for the Jewish God, you don't understand the Jewish God. It is foreign to you.

As a atheist, I need to have a better understanding of God and Jesus: then the average Christian. If Jesus was alive, he had to understand reading and writing of Greek: plus the 12 men that followed him also. Because, the early writing of Jesus was in Greek. Greek, was spoken in the area were Jesus was: but, it was not the common speaking and reading of Jewish religious people during the first century during the first half of that century. If I was a fisherman, I have business skills dealing with fishing and selling of the fish: and feeding myself. I would have some basic skills speaking Greek, and that's all the skills they had. Leaving the business of getting fish and selling it for a man that is poor and not connected to any religious group is irrational. Following a man that is poor, and has a death wish to be killed --makes Jesus to be mentally ill.

Christ and many of his disciples may well have known some Greek and Latin as well as their native Aramaic. They may also have been illiterate, or functionally so, therefore spreading their teachings by word of mouth in all three tongues until some decades after his death when it picked up enough traction for someone to write it down.

Nope, but I CAN read. Let's see you point to the words in Luke that specifically say that it is through Mary's line. Use the words in Luke. Use your divinity degree and show that my statement is wrong.. Go right ahead. / And as for the Jewish God, you don't understand the Jewish God. It is foreign to you.

Go find a sucker who believes your nonsense. I'm not it.

Go find a sucker who believes your nonsense. I'm not it.

When it comes to you being able to support your claims, belief has nothing to do with it. Scholarship, the words that are actually written in the Gospel of Luke, and facts do. The fact you can not show that Luke actually wrote down what 'tradition' says is very telling. I was , however, confident you would not be able to rise to the challenge.

I would suggest reading Revelation 17...see if anyone can come up with who the great prostitute who sits on many waters is...

Nobody but Ramoss mentioned exclusivity...:roll:

Then you agree ha-almah is not exclusive to meaning "a virgin", and can therefore can be a young woman of child-bearing age?

OM

Then you agree ha-almah is not exclusive to meaning "a virgin", and can therefore can be a young woman of child-bearing age?

OM

I agree, that with Rebekah, it refers to a virgin, so the same can be said for Mary...

I would suggest reading Revelation 17...see if anyone can come up with who the great prostitute who sits on many waters is...

Sorry, disregard this comment...wrong thread...:3oops:

And yet, depending on which book you read, the genealogies diverge. And yet Judah was never saved, Jeremiah was forecasting (incorrectly) an imminent return of an idealized Jewish state; longing for the prosperous days of Solomon. And Proto-Isaiah, during the days of neo-Assyrian influence, was referring to Hezekiah as the likely messiah, and was to have occurred during Proto-Isaiah's lifetime (he was more of a "political pundit", discussing topics and conceivable outcomes of his day, rather than some sort of soothsaying "Nostradamus"). Unfortunately for Hezekiah, and subsequent to Israelite assimilation into neo-Assyrian culture, remained rather ineffective (though still popular) vassal ruler. Proto-Isaiah's prediction of an idealized Hezekiah had failed to come to fruition.

OM

That was a cryptically-veiled reference to the Herodians during the time of Domitian.

OM

I agree, that with Rebekah, it refers to a virgin, so the same can be said for Mary...

That is not for certain, as the term is not exclusive to virginity.

OM

That is not for certain, as the term is not exclusive to virginity.

OM

Neither is it exclusive to maiden...but while we're at it...;)

maid·enDictionary result for maiden
/ˈmādn/Submit
noun
ARCHAIC
a girl or young woman, especially an unmarried one.

CRICKET
an over in which no runs are scored.

adjective

(of a woman, especially an older one) unmarried.
"a maiden aunt"
synonyms: unmarried, spinster, unwed, unwedded, single, husbandless, spouseless, celibate
"a maiden aunt"

maiden - Google Search

The Jehovah Witness church!

Well, when Isaiah 8:4, it says 'I went to the prophetess and insured she conceived (i.e. had sex with her), she wasn't a virgin at that point. That's no virgin birth there.

And, Rebekah was referred to as almah after she was raped

And, Rebekah was referred to as almah after she was raped

And it just so happens she was still a young woman of child-bearing age. Go figure.

OM

Back
Top Bottom