• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Facebook uncovers "Russia"-funded misinformation campaign

Who's paying you? You've put a whole lot of propaganda here the last few days.

Soros , Nuland and others , double shift

WAR%2BPIG%2BWOMEN%2Bof%2Bthe%2BDEMORAT%2BParty%2B-%2BWILL%2BMURDER%2BMILLIONS%252C%2BDESROY%2BNATIONS%252C%2B%2526%2BPEREPTRATE%2BGENOCIDE%2Bfor%2BJEW%2BMONEY%2B%2526%2Bpat%2Bon%2Bhead%2Bfrom%2BGENOCIDAL%2Bjews%2BCORP.%2BMEDIA%2BPROPAGANDA%2Bcommissars.jpg

According to a blog post by FB's Chief Security Officer, Alex Stamos, the fake ads touched on topics ranging from "LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights".

Unfortunately, the ads have been taken down. So, there's no evidence to show you. :shrug:

I know the ads are gone.
I just wanted to see what kind of bs people were going to pull out to try, and give me some sort of answer.

Its suspicious though, a company that is quickly becoming know for anticonservative practices. Though I will admit they are a company, and have every right to do what they want when it comes to their own services.

I find it strange that they said all of these ads were spreading misinformation, but don't allow us to see what the information being spread was. For wall we know it was how to hide your pot in a nesting doll.

This is giving me flashback of when those emails were posted to wikileaks, and CNN kept saying. "Its illegal to possess these emails, so you just need to hear about them through us"

Facebook has no remit to maintain Russian propaganda. After all, the Kremlin funds RT with millions of rubles to do that very thing.

I know the ads are gone.
I just wanted to see what kind of bs people were going to pull out to try, and give me some sort of answer.

Its suspicious though, a company that is quickly becoming know for anticonservative practices. Though I will admit they are a company, and have every right to do what they want when it comes to their own services.

I find it strange that they said all of these ads were spreading misinformation, but don't allow us to see what the information being spread was. For all we know it was how to hide your pot in a nesting doll.

This is giving me flashback of when those emails were posted to wikileaks, and CNN kept saying. "Its illegal to possess these emails, so you just need to hear about them through us"

All I can tell you is you might want to try doing a search on Twitter for some of the examples you seek. They're there. Just search: "fake fb ads hillary" and you'll not only find the argument on this issue still going on in earnest, but a few examples of fakes ads on both sides - anti-Hillary, anti-Trump - and a few redirected bot click-bait samples, too.

""This was a broad search, including, for instance, ads bought from accounts with US IP addresses but with the language set to Russian - even though they didn't necessarily violate any policy or law.
"In this part of our review, we found approximately $50,000 in potentially politically related ad spending on roughly 2,200 ads.""

So THAT's why Hillary lost. I bet it was one of those ads that convinced me not to vote for her.

This is the Russian interference we have a SC looking into?

All I can tell you is you might want to try doing a search on Twitter for some of the examples you seek. They're there. Just search: "fake fb ads hillary" and you'll not only find the argument on this issue still going on in earnest, but a few examples of fakes ads on both sides - anti-Hillary, anti-Trump - and a few redirected bot click-bait samples, too.

Hell I can click Trump/Hillary meme at this point, and my computer would plow through the crust of the earth with the added file weight.

Hell I can click Trump/Hillary meme at this point, and my computer would plow through the crust of the earth with the added file weight.

Plow away kind sir.

Still, if you're looking for examples of fake FB ads against Hillary Clinton you might want to give the examples posted by Rogue Valley (post #208) a review. There are some good ones there. For example, the one that apparently came out before Halloween concerning the Clinton Foundation and foreign donations. Hillary didn't run the Foundation; had nothing to do with it as far as it's daily operations or fundraising but that didn't prevent the ad's author from including her name in it as if to suggest she was "selling out America" to the highest foreign bidder.

Or how about the one that claims Democrats were giving away (U.S.) citizenship for votes when no citizenship was ever granted illegally by her or the Democrat Party.

Those are two very clear examples of fake, misleading FB ads against Hillary that (further) tainted voter opinion of her and worked to cement in their minds that she wasn't worthy of their vote.

The only one I don't agree with is the top middle "dead voters" message. We have no way to prove that a significant number of the votes cast for either side were using names of deceased voters. I have read stories about people doing as such for both sides, but its always in limited numbers in less than a thousand.

Maybe the top left "high treason" one as well.
But that is only because of what we see happening in other countries that fail to regulate such massive communities of immigrants, and I know that the people attending that prayer where being used as another political stunt anyway. They were most likely registered immigrants, or legal americans.

Spot on for the rest though.

my question is simple, how we can keep our forum from paid - Olgino trolls and misinformation?

"
Facebook says it has discovered a Russian-funded campaign to promote divisive social and political messages on its network.

The company said $100,000 (£77,000) was spent on about 3,000
ads over a two-year period, ending in May 2017.

The ads did not back any political figures specifically, but instead posted on topics including immigration, race and equal rights.

Facebook said it was co-operating with a US investigation into the matter.

The advertisements directed users towards around 470 accounts that spread false information or were otherwise in breach of Facebook’s terms and conditions, the site said.

“The ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum,” the company said in a blog post published on Wednesday."

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41182519

Like so much of the media today, Facebook is part of the CIA effort to manipulate the public perception. When everything the American people believe is false, we know our misinformation efforts have been successful.

Considering the years old vilification of Russia, what would one EXPECT the Facebook Folks to do?

Like so much of the media today, Facebook is part of the CIA effort to manipulate the public perception. When everything the American people believe is false, we know our misinformation efforts have been successful.

Considering the years old vilification of Russia, what would one EXPECT the Facebook Folks to do?

same UFO "experts " part of the" Israel&Vatican&Obama effort , who lies?

Back
Top Bottom