• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Elizabeth Warren apologizes for 'harm I have caused' at Native American forum in Iowa

OK, and how many of them checked other than white as their race/ethnicity as Elizabeth did (sometimes, when convenient) based on that same story? I note that you have no intention of stating (guessing?) what Warren allegedly apologized for doing to "cause harm" or even who she felt was harmed. If Warren sincerely believes that she is Native American then why apologize for so stating or remove that "proof" from her website?

I took it as apologizing for all the attention the brewhaha that the mob boss initiated and her participation in keeping it in the news.

Her DNA test shows that she did have native American ancestry as she was told by her family. I don't know why it was removed. Maybe to move on.

There is that. But she could have not gotten my vote without lying on an application form.

Question is, how many other votes is she not getting because of the lie?

What the hell are you talking about?

You've tried that one. i didn't mention her bar ID. But that too.

Liz got a job based on a job app. Among other things, she listed herself as a Native American.

Getting a leg up on a job is a bennie.

You prove that she got her job at Harvard as a result of her application saying "NA" ancestry now. I want to see your evidence that she would not have gotten that job otherwise. Now post it.

The bar ID was irrelevant.

I took it as apologizing for all the attention the brewhaha that the mob boss initiated and her participation in keeping it in the news.

Her DNA test shows that she did have native American ancestry as she was told by her family. I don't know why it was removed. Maybe to move on.

That (bolded above) is not so since she was told it was three generations back and the test showed 6 to 7 generations back was possible yet, of course, no specific tribe could be determined genetically.

There is that. But she could have not gotten my vote without lying on an application form.

Question is, how many other votes is she not getting because of the lie?

She won’t be getting the votes from other trump supporters that she wasn’t going to get either.

Don't sound like millions to me.

Liz served as a Harvard professor from 1992 for at least 10 years. I'm not sure exactly how long. Harvard professors earn an average of 200K +. Liz held some sort of an endowed chair. She would have been above the average.

It's a fairly simple math problem.

Liz served as a Harvard professor from 1992 for at least 10 years. I'm not sure exactly how long. Harvard professors earn an average of 200K +. Liz held some sort of an endowed chair. She would have been above the average.

It's a fairly simple math problem.

And the problem is yours. $400,000 is not millions.

And no, she didn't start at Harvard until 1995. You are still making **** up.

Now you've been reduced to lying. The highest salary she ever received from any job was something over $400,000.

Millions of dollars in salary? WTF?

And it sounds like you're jealous as hell that she made $400,000 as a law professor. Why do you hate capitalism? Why do you hate successful Americans?

Again, tres, I don't care what Harvard paid her. She was a professor for years. She started in 1992. Prior to that she taught at several different schools. Harvard professors average $213 K. She was above average in salary.

I'm not jealous of anybody. I just won't vote for her.

Again, tres, I don't care what Harvard paid her. She was a professor for years. She started in 1992. Prior to that she taught at several different schools. Harvard professors average $213 K. She was above average in salary.

I'm not jealous of anybody. I just won't vote for her.

She started at Harvard in 1995. She was a professor at UPenn until 1995. She spent one year as a visiting Professor at Harvard - while she was still employed at Penn.

Who cares what Harvard paid her? Why are you jealous that they paid top dollar for a published, extremely well respected professor? She is the third most cited person in bankruptcy and commercial law publications.

You keep lying about her. Why? Say you oppose her politics and stop lying.

And the problem is yours. $400,000 is not millions.

And no, she didn't start at Harvard until 1995. You are still making **** up.

From WIKI:

In 1992-93, Senator Warren served as the Robert Braucher Visiting Professor of Commercial Law at Harvard Law School; in 1995, she accepted a permanent appointment as the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law. Before coming to Harvard, she taught at the law schools of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, University of Texas, University of Houston, and Rutgers University.

1995 was when she accepted the Gottleib seat.

From WIKI:

In 1992-93, Senator Warren served as the Robert Braucher Visiting Professor of Commercial Law at Harvard Law School; in 1995, she accepted a permanent appointment as the Leo Gottlieb Professor of Law. Before coming to Harvard, she taught at the law schools of the University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, University of Texas, University of Houston, and Rutgers University.

1995 was when she accepted the Gottleib seat.

That's what I ****ing said.

She started at Harvard in 1995.

How much more do you want to embarrass yourself?

Trump calling her Pocahontas has not harmed anybody either...

Excellent point. It may have hurt Warren's chances to become president, but it's not caused anyone physical or emotional damage.

That (bolded above) is not so since she was told it was three generations back and the test showed 6 to 7 generations back was possible yet, of course, no specific tribe could be determined genetically.

If the test shows 6 to 7 generation. How much native American DNA does that represent?

My DNA tests say what percentage of Scandinavian, Irish, Eastern European DNA I have.

David Herring of Norman, Okla., one of Warren’s three brothers, said in an interview that even when he was a child his relatives were reluctant to talk about the family’s Native American heritage because “it was not popular in my family.’’ Only when he begged his grandparents, said Herring, did they finally explain to him: “Your grandfather is part Delaware, a little bitty bit, way back, and your grandmother is part Cherokee. It was not the most popular thing to do in Oklahoma. [Indians] were degraded, looked down on.’’

Elizabeth Warren’s family has mixed memories about heritage | Boston.com

How much is 'a little bitty bit'

People back then didn't have the science that is available today.

Either way, she was saying what she was told.

I wonder if this is true?

3% Warren DNA: Ancestor Rounded Up Cherokees 'Trail of Tears'

On December 21, 1836, a John Crawford was one of 29 members of the Tennessee Militia “residing in the Athens [Tennessee] area” who signed a letter, seen on page 755 of that 1838 report to the United States Senate, stating that “we consider said George W. Currey eminently qualified to be the successor, as superintendent, for the removal of Cherokee Indians.”

Elizabeth Warren's 'ancestor rounded up Cherokees from their homes for the Trail of Tears'... but she brushes off claims | Daily Mail Online

The great-great-great grandfather of Elizabeth Warren - who has long claimed to be part Native American - was not married to a Cherokee but actually rounded them up for the Trail of Tears, it has been claimed.

But the Senate hopeful has dismissed the embarrassing reports as 'politics as usual', and has brushed off calls for her to prove she did not use her questionable heritage to further her law career.

The denial comes after an article on Breitbart.com claimed Warren's ancestor Jonathan Crawford was a member of the Tennessee Militia who rounded up Cherokees from their family homes.

And supposedly we have proof that her great, great, great grandpa actually signed a document for the removal of Native Americans which sent them on the Trail of Tears.

Supposedly.

If the test shows 6 to 7 generation. How much native American DNA does that represent?

My DNA tests say what percentage of Scandinavian, Irish, Eastern European DNA I have.

How much is 'a little bitty bit'

People back then didn't have the science that is available today.

Either way, she was saying what she was told.

Apparently enough to make Elizabeth Warren, born white, (briefly?) become a Native American and "person of color" but not her brother(s) who heard that same tale of their (partial?) Native American heritage.

This may finally put the whole "Pocahontas" thing to bed. Warren has gone full circle from ignoring the issue, to defending it with her "I'm a native - my grandma said so" to the silly DNA test which spectacularly backfired, to prostrating herself before the permanently aggrieved and apologizing for the 'harm I have caused'. Harm?

Note that for anyone who was personally harmed by Warren pretending to be a Native, I suggest that person not go outside during a windy day because he is the weakest, most easily harmed person in the whole world.

Maybe there was an actual Native somewhere who was harmed when she didn't get hired at Harvard Law School because they figured they already had one in Warren. But I don't even know about that.

The only question now is if Warren gets the Dem nomination, will Trump continue to call her Pocahontas all the way through to next Nov, 400+ days from now? That will start to get old quickly. But we may see.
I dont like warren but the dna test did not backfire. She is playing it perfectly. She knew she was gonna get caught so she got it out of the way early. Now she will shrug it off as old news going forward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I dont like warren but the dna test did not backfire. She is playing it perfectly. She knew she was gonna get caught so she got it out of the way early. Now she will shrug it off as old news going forward.

Taking the DNA test was not a mistake. It might have shown a closer match. But it did not and making the results public anyway and asserting Native American personhood from a tenth-generation DNA relationship totally backfired. The genetics don't bear out the claim, and the actual Natives pilloried her for it.

But she played her apology tour perfectly. She took a hit, but a month from now it will be old news.

Taking the DNA test was not a mistake. It might have shown a closer match. But it did not and making the results public anyway and asserting Native American personhood from a tenth-generation DNA relationship totally backfired. The genetics don't bear out the claim, and the actual Natives pilloried her for it.

But she played her apology tour perfectly. She took a hit, but a month from now it will be old news.
The reason i say she played the dna test out perfectly is because she took the unavoidable political hit at the right time. It will still be brought up but the public will regard it as old news that tjey have moved on from.

Says the Trump supporter. ****ing rich. :lamo

You're acting as though that makes your point, and then using an emoji to do nothing more than to cover up your post shortcomings.

I suggest you actually wield slightly more clout the next time you post.

You're acting as though that makes your point, and then using an emoji to do nothing more than to cover up your post shortcomings.

I suggest you actually wield slightly more clout the next time you post.

Point being, WatchesLeftiesFlee :)lamo), is that any Trump supporter who feels disgust at the mere though of Warren embellishing her ancestors 30+ years ago has the balls the size of Texas. Your credibility is non-existent.

Scruples is not something anyone can accuse Warren of not having.

We will have to disagree. I think she gamed the academic system, and for this reason she won't have my vote.

We will have to disagree. I think she gamed the academic system, and for this reason she won't have my vote.

So basically we have a candidate who takes zero corporate donations and will do everything in her power to improve the lives of the American people (if you've taken the time to go through her long list of plans). Unlike Trump, she will drain the swamp. She gets things done and has her whole life. And because you think 25+ years ago she might have gotten a job from Harvard because she claimed to have Native blood, she will not get your vote????? Let me ask you... are you going to seriously vote for Trump instead?????????

So basically we have a candidate who takes zero corporate donations and will do everything in her power to improve the lives of the American people (if you've taken the time to go through her long list of plans). Unlike Trump, she will drain the swamp. She gets things done and has her whole life. And because you think 25+ years ago she might have gotten a job from Harvard because she claimed to have Native blood, she will not get your vote????? Let me ask you... are you going to seriously vote for Trump instead?????????

Warren will never have my vote for the reason I stated.

Back
Top Bottom