• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Earth just had its second-hottest April on record

NOPE! I read the post. It's the same garbage these 2 pseudoscientists were posting in the mid-2000s. If their scientific methods were valid, the 2000s would have been a cooling period. Instead it has been a SCORCHING 2 decades.

Obviously, your claim to have read the post was false.

"This paper is based a talk given by Dr Christy at the Palace of Westminster on 8 May 2019."

[h=2]The Tropical Skies: Falsifying climate alarm (pdf)[/h]

Obviously, your claim to have read the post was false.

"This paper is based a talk given by Dr Christy at the Palace of Westminster on 8 May 2019."

[h=2]The Tropical Skies: Falsifying climate alarm (pdf)[/h]

I don't care when the Douchebag gave his talk, it's the same old crap from the mid 2000s. Where's all that Cooling that they talked about then? I'll repeat --- 18 of the 19 warmest years ever since 2000.

I don't care when the Douchebag gave his talk, it's the same old crap from the mid 2000s. Where's all that Cooling that they talked about then? I'll repeat --- 18 of the 19 warmest years ever since 2000.

Neither Christy nor Spencer ever talked about cooling. You are confused.

I'm afraid you're the one not reading links.

More errors identified in contrarian climate scientists' temperature estimates | John Abraham | Environment | The Guardian

It is relevant to be reminded of these revisions; had we believed the results from the 1990s, we’d still think the world was cooling, and we’d still be wrong.

LOL...

A guardian article linking another guardian article, misquoting their own work. It isn't warming as much. It doesn't say cooling.

Just like a liberal.

If it isn't increasing as much as wanted, it's a cut... Thinking of temperature like money. You should read the source link.

LOL...

A guardian article linking another guardian article, misquoting their own work. It isn't warming as much. It doesn't say cooling.

Just like a liberal.

If it isn't increasing as much as wanted, it's a cut... Thinking of temperature like money. You should read the source link.

In the doomsayer's world, the Guardian newspaper is more accurate than any scientist when it comes to reporting about climate change...

In the doomsayer's world, the Guardian newspaper is more accurate than any scientist when it comes to reporting about climate change...

That's because confirmation bias is strong among them.

I'm afraid you're the one not reading links.

More errors identified in contrarian climate scientists' temperature estimates | John Abraham | Environment | The Guardian

It is relevant to be reminded of these revisions; had we believed the results from the 1990s, we’d still think the world was cooling, and we’d still be wrong.

The statement is a lie, sadly not uncommon in Guardian climate coverage. UAH data revisions, all related to satellite performance, have been uniformly transparent.

Last edited:
The statement is a lie, sadly not uncommon in Guardian climate coverage. UAH data revisions, all related to satellite performance, have been uniformly transparent.

He doesn't care. Confirmation bias rules.

I wonder if any of the deniers read about this former denier who has shifed his opniion. Interesting paragraph from your link --->

Kaiser’s confidence at the time was telling: “I was so certain in my convictions, that I said, ‘I’m not lying, you can see the citations in the video, right?’ But I didn’t realize the extent to which they were twisting the references they had. I mean, I was 19 years old, and the video confirmed what I already believed, and so my confirmation bias was really strong at that moment. I didn’t have enough experience to overcome it. I’m ashamed I believed this stuff.”

Fossil fuel companies have the resources to hire the best people then it comes to PR, marketing and other form of communication. Also to do the research so they can target the groups most receptive to their message.

While the evidence of manmade global warming is today so overwhelming that they disinformation campaigns are getting less effective. There more and more people are acknowledging the urgent need for action on climate change.

How people worldwide view climate change | Pew Research Center

There even fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge manmade global from C02. Like for example Shell.

Access Denied

Fossil fuel companies have the resources to hire the best people then it comes to PR, marketing and other form of communication. Also to do the research so they can target the groups most receptive to their message.

While the evidence of manmade global warming is today so overwhelming that they disinformation campaigns are getting less effective. There more and more people are acknowledging the urgent need for action on climate change.

There even fossil fuel companies have to acknowledge manmade global from C02. Like for example Shell.

Access Denied
Why do you think the fossil fuel companies care one way or the other?

Access Denied

Another SINGLE issue poll, which is misleading since there is no contrast to other possible concerns people might have.

;)

Why do you think the fossil fuel companies care one way or the other?

Of course the fossil fuel companies wants to delay the tranistion, and they have spent so much money delaying the trasition away from fossil fuels.

Gas companies spend €104m lobbying to ensure Europe remains 'locked in' to fossil fuels for decades, report finds | The Independent

Oil And Gas Giants Spend Millions Lobbying To Block Climate Change Policies [Infographic]

That it both for example that they want to recope their huge investements in infrastructure, wells and other investment.

While it also only big businesses that can afford big oil tankers, oil refineries, distrubition nets with gas stations and other massive investments. There it also hard for competitors to get into the market because of those investments. While households can now put up their own solar panels to power their own electric cars. Thanks to that the tranisition away from fossil fuel have started.

Of course the fossil fuel companies wants to delay the tranistion, and they have spent so much money delaying the trasition away from fossil fuels.

Gas companies spend €104m lobbying to ensure Europe remains 'locked in' to fossil fuels for decades, report finds | The Independent

Oil And Gas Giants Spend Millions Lobbying To Block Climate Change Policies [Infographic]

That it both for example that they want to recope their huge investements in infrastructure, wells and other investment.

While it also only big businesses that can afford big oil tankers, oil refineries, distrubition nets with gas stations and other massive investments. There it also hard for competitors to get into the market because of those investments. While households can now put up their own solar panels to power their own electric cars. Thanks to that the tranisition away from fossil fuel have started.
Again why? the oil companies do not sell oil, they sell finished fuel products,
Those can be made carbon neutral, so the oil companies can continue selling their product in perpetuity,
using the same oil refineries, distribution nets with gas stations you mentioned.
In addition the specialty items that still require oil, will have a much larger reserve.
What I am saying is that the oil companies will likely be the major players in the transition away
from fuels made from oil. A carbon tax would only help the big players stomp the life out of the little guys,
( I have never said the oil companies are nice businesses). Promoting legislation that harms their competition,
and helps themselves, is something that is very possible, but should be avoided.

It is you deniers that doesn't care that the evidence today is so overwhelming that even fossil fuel companies and also federal agencies under Donald Trump have to acknowledge manmade global and it's devastig effects.

Fourth National Climate Assessment

They have never denied the warming effect of CO2, but they do not claim there is any devastating effects. They are skeptical like the rest of us.

Really now.... Devastating?

Spin baby spin...

Sounds like one big hate group. I guess if you can't beat them, threaten them.

Tom Steyer and the link between hate groups and climate denial | Grist

NASA climatologist Gavin Schmidt has also long been on the receiving end of both anti-Semitic and climate change denier hate mail and emails, sharing some of his experiences on his Twitter feed. Social media has amplified and provided a platform for toxic harassment, but “I’m not seeing a commensurate rise in climate denial,” he wrote in an email. “If anything it’s the other way: the denialist positions in prominent speakers are moving towards acceptance of the science — not all the way of course — while still pushing back on solutions. And the out-and-out denial is not getting the audience it did.”

Katharine Hayhoe, a Texas Tech climate scientist and self-identified evangelical Christian, often invokes her faith in explaining the need to act to slow down the progress of global warming. Often prominent deniers invoke their faith to advance fossil-fuel-friendly talking points — think Scott Pruitt, who invoked God to justify burning fossil fuels. Hayhoe, who also finds herself facing harassment for her work, draws on her religion to make a moral case to act on the scientific evidence, not bury one’s head in the ground. A scientist alarmed by the impacts of climate change, she has also observed that the anger surrounding the climate debate may have its roots in similar impulses present in other toxic debates. “I think that right now we’re facing a time of tremendous change in race, gender, socioeconomic status, and privilege. It’s especially frightening if you feel you’re going to lose from the change.”

Do the oil companies finance Internet Trolls? I know that Reddit thought so, and had to ban them from their Climate Change forums. It's kind of funny how some of us get on the Forum now and then. But there are many individuals who seem to do this all day long.

Sounds like one big hate group. I guess if you can't beat them, threaten them.

Tom Steyer and the link between hate groups and climate denial | Grist

NASA climatologist Gavin Schmidt has also long been on the receiving end of both anti-Semitic and climate change denier hate mail and emails, sharing some of his experiences on his Twitter feed. Social media has amplified and provided a platform for toxic harassment, but “I’m not seeing a commensurate rise in climate denial,” he wrote in an email. “If anything it’s the other way: the denialist positions in prominent speakers are moving towards acceptance of the science — not all the way of course — while still pushing back on solutions. And the out-and-out denial is not getting the audience it did.”

Katharine Hayhoe, a Texas Tech climate scientist and self-identified evangelical Christian, often invokes her faith in explaining the need to act to slow down the progress of global warming. Often prominent deniers invoke their faith to advance fossil-fuel-friendly talking points — think Scott Pruitt, who invoked God to justify burning fossil fuels. Hayhoe, who also finds herself facing harassment for her work, draws on her religion to make a moral case to act on the scientific evidence, not bury one’s head in the ground. A scientist alarmed by the impacts of climate change, she has also observed that the anger surrounding the climate debate may have its roots in similar impulses present in other toxic debates. “I think that right now we’re facing a time of tremendous change in race, gender, socioeconomic status, and privilege. It’s especially frightening if you feel you’re going to lose from the change.”

Ever heard of Extinction Rebellion- the ones who glued themselves to trains and buses, disrupting society? There is far more hatred and intolerance amongst the fanatical doomsayers than there is with their critics.

The Ignorance, Intolerance & Violence Behind Climate Change
The Intolerance of Climate Change Zealots | Iain Dale

Ever heard of Extinction Rebellion- the ones who glued themselves to trains and buses, disrupting society? There is far more hatred and intolerance amongst the fanatical doomsayers than there is with their critics.

The Ignorance, Intolerance & Violence Behind Climate Change
The Intolerance of Climate Change Zealots | Iain Dale

I'm glad to hear that there are people who have a passion for our animals whose habitats are being stripped away. At least hugging a tree or other such actions aren't threatening the physical lives of others.

American farmers are hurting from the effects of climate change.

"The U.S. is currently in the midst of its wettest 12 months on record, with regions of the Great Plains and Midwest — where much of the nation’s corn and soy is produced — bearing the brunt of this spring’s rainfall. Not only are homes being damaged as a result of the extreme flooding, but the conditions are making it damn near impossible for farmers to plant their crops.
On average over the past four years, farmers in the states that represent a majority of the nation’s harvest would have planted 90 percent of their corn and 66 percent of their soy by May 26, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report. That makes a lot of sense since crop yields tend to decline when corn is planted after May 10 and farmers typically wrap up their planting efforts by May 31. However 2019’s crops are far behind schedule. As of May 26, only 58 percent of the nation’s corn had been planted and just 29 percent of its soy. Farmers are rightly worried and consumers should be too. Crop shortages will likely result in higher prices for consumers and since corn and soy are basically in every part of the American diet, that could be a real problem"

#NoPlant19: American Farmers Are Tweeting the Effects of Climate Change - Eater

American farmers are hurting from the effects of climate change.

"The U.S. is currently in the midst of its wettest 12 months on record, with regions of the Great Plains and Midwest — where much of the nation’s corn and soy is produced — bearing the brunt of this spring’s rainfall. Not only are homes being damaged as a result of the extreme flooding, but the conditions are making it damn near impossible for farmers to plant their crops.
On average over the past four years, farmers in the states that represent a majority of the nation’s harvest would have planted 90 percent of their corn and 66 percent of their soy by May 26, according to a U.S. Department of Agriculture report. That makes a lot of sense since crop yields tend to decline when corn is planted after May 10 and farmers typically wrap up their planting efforts by May 31. However 2019’s crops are far behind schedule. As of May 26, only 58 percent of the nation’s corn had been planted and just 29 percent of its soy. Farmers are rightly worried and consumers should be too. Crop shortages will likely result in higher prices for consumers and since corn and soy are basically in every part of the American diet, that could be a real problem"

#NoPlant19: American Farmers Are Tweeting the Effects of Climate Change - Eater

And no proper links to support their propaganda.

I'm glad to hear that there are people who have a passion for our animals whose habitats are being stripped away. At least hugging a tree or other such actions aren't threatening the physical lives of others.

Their tyrannical demands that everyone stop using airplanes, fossil fuels and become vegetarians is worse than fascism.

Their tyrannical demands that everyone stop using airplanes, fossil fuels and become vegetarians is worse than fascism.

Besides some obscure unknown whack jobs and animal rights activists who say eating animals is evil... who is saying anything this extreme? Got any quotes?

Back
Top Bottom