• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump is selling $60 Bibles as he seeks funds for for campaign, legal bills

You got ripped off. Just check out Amazon but alas, they are in selling Trump’s Bible.
How much did you pay for an encyclopedia set?

That's not expensive for a Bible. If it's leather, that's about right.
I would bet you anything that his would be plastic but he would say it’s leather. I bet you think those ugly shoes he was selling are 14 karat gold.

He has sinned a few times

He said he's never done anything to ask God's forgiveness for. "Why do I have to repent or ask for forgiveness if I'm not making mistakes?"

So...he at first claimed to be sinless. (You know...like Jesus?) But then he said he does make mistakes...but that he doesn't have to ask God's forgiveness.

"I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

😲

This is the guy who calls himself a Christian, folks. But beyond that, runs his candidacy largely based on calling himself a Christian...and literally "endorses" a Bible...to receive royalties so he can help pay off his legal bills to for his crimes. And...Christians help. You can not make this shit up. That's why this thread exists.

I just checked. The Bible is King James version, Large print, contains the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and lyrics to God Bless the USA. It's bound in leather. At $60, that's a regular price for a leather large print Bible.
Once again. The concept of blasphemy flies past you like a fart in the wind. Anyone dumb enough to think Doald Trump gives two shits about the Bible is dumb enough to be a MAGA.

If he were to ask God for forgiveness it would take more time than his campaigning and TS crap put together.

It would be very simple though not easy.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been seventy-seven years and nine months since my last confession. Since I was capable, I have lied, stolen, harmed, manipulated and cheated everyone I possibly could. I desire a clean slate. I say this with an open heart. I humble myself before the lord and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior." (If you're asking from a Christian perspective, which Trump claims he is.)

That's how you ask. But you have to mean it. You start that way and then you probably go "Oh f word" and you start to cry, at least if you're genuine, and then you babble some reality to God in a whole lot of plain language. And you realize a whole lot of real stuff about your life.

But Trump probably never will. Never say never, I guess. I want to be generous and have an open heart and say, maybe. You have to REALLY be willing to look at yourself to do this.

Last edited:
And will the willing idiot Trumpers continue to support the grifter and scammer Trump?
More than likely.
So when does Trump start selling Florida swamp land to the fools?
Those morons would buy it. Bet the house. He'd sell it as "Cleared Swamp".

A President is not called to support the doctrine of his church. It's actually nobody's business how a President feels about the doctrine of his church.
And the doctrine of the Catholic Church is that one’s profession is not an exemption. And indeed that leaders have an even higher obligation to adhere to said doctrine.

Once again. The concept of blasphemy flies past you like a fart in the wind. Anyone dumb enough to think Doald Trump gives two shits about the Bible is dumb enough to be a MAGA.
I don't care. I'm just saying that it's a decent deal.

I don't care. I'm just saying that it's a decent deal.

If you're into hypocrisy or blasphemy, sure. Jesus would have had none of that.

It would be very simple though not easy.

"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been seventy-seven years and nine months since my last confession. Since I was capable, I have lied, stolen, harmed, manipulated and cheated everyone I possibly could. I desire a clean slate. I say this with an open heart. I humble myself before the lord and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior." (If you're asking from a Christian perspective, which Trump claims he is.)

That's how you ask. But you have to mean it. You start that way and then you probably go "Oh f word" and you start to cry, at least if you're genuine, and then you babble some reality to God in a whole lot of plain language. And you realize a whole lot of real stuff about your life.

But Trump probably never will. Never say never, I guess. I want to be generous and have an open heart and say, maybe. You have to REALLY be willing to look at yourself to do this.
Don't hold your breath on a Trump confession. And if he did kneel in a confessional and recite what you posted, any priest in America would bust out laughing.

commemorative or commercialized issues of the Bible are not blasphemous. Relics of the saints are still a thriving trade

Seems like when Trump makes some money the Trump haters get so upset?

And there is this news:

Shares of Trump Media & Technology Group surged Tuesday, boosting both the value of the company that houses Donald Trump’s Truth Social platform and the former president’s wealth.

Trump Media, which is trading under the ticker DJT for the first time, opened up 41% at $70.55 on the Nasdaq market. Shares were briefly halted for volatility right after the open.

In afternoon trading, shares were up 45% to $72.48. That implies a valuation of about $9 billion for the company. To put that in context, Trump Media is now worth more than New York Times Co., which is worth about $7.1 billion. Donald Trump‘s more than 58% stake in DJT is worth about $5.2 billion.

He hasn't "made" any money yet off the stock. I think this was not unexpected for the rollout as there were certain to be many Trump supporters buying shares and some bigger traders buying shares to position themselves to take advantage of the current popularity of this meme stock. But we'll see what happens when the financial realities catch up with fantasy. Truth Social only generated actual revenues of 3 to 4 million while losing ten times that amount of money. You can be certain that the New York Times generates revenues many times greater and that the number of subscribers, users, and followers on social media by far dwarfs those of Truth Social.

He doesn’t have to have an abortion to be in total opposition to Catholic doctrine on the subject.

So the answer is, no, the president, a Catholic, has never had an abortion.

Nor is there any reason to suspect he has ever paid for an abortion of offspring. This also tracks.

He has not campaigned on his religious beliefs. As a U.S. politician, he understands there is (ideally) a separation of church and state. His political views do not have a specifically Catholic basis, which is appropriate in a nation of many beliefs.

His religious views are personal and aside from the traditional "God bless America and God bless our troops" at the end of speeches, his specific religious tenets remain within his household; overall he appears never to have attempted to impose Catholicism into the political sphere.

There you have it.

Back
Top Bottom