• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s campaign manager admits: ‘We are behind’

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

October 23

open-uri20161023-11147-p9zcoa

Donald Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway

MIAMI — Donald Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, a longtime Republican pollster, admitted Sunday that her candidate is currently losing to Democrat Hillary Clinton. "We are behind," Conway said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

But Conway is still hopeful that Trump can be victorious by winning over undecided voters who don't like Clinton. Instead of pointing to polls, which Trump has said are rigged against him, Conway pointed to the enthusiasm that she seen on the campaign trail. "Let me tell you something: You go out on the road with Donald Trump, this election doesn't feel over," Conway said on CNN's "State of the Union."
Trump is losing female and non-white voters by a large margin and only leads among white male voters by a few percentage points.

Enthusiasm on the campaign trail? One of those trite "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" clichés.

Even Conway realizes the numbers foretell defeat and Trump cannot make up such a huge shortfall in the remaining 14 days.

Related: US election 2016: We are behind, says Trump campaign

Clinton Vaults to a Double-Digit Lead, Boosted by Broad Disapproval of Trump

Donald Trump Campaign Manager Kellyanne Conway’s Super-Sad Sunday

The people of this country are really that stupid and get what they deserve.
A liar and a sellout to the highest bidder.

It is going to be a miserable 4 years and more freedoms lost and higher taxes.

At some point, even the most ardent loyalists have to begin thinking beyond the campaign. At this point, to continue to insist that Trump has any chance of winning is to remain aboard a sinking ship when there's an opportunity to begin to paddle away from it.

Regardless of its whether it's fair or not, to be associated with a losing Presidential campaign, particularly one as awful as the Trump campaign, can permanently associate one with all the bad things that accompanied it. Howard Dean's "Yah!" still follows him around despite how benign it was. So to think of all the things that Trump has said that will be associated with him, well, there's too many to bother to begin listing them. The best analogy one can draw is that s**t splatters and it's all over everyone who has appeared on TV and radio on behalf of Trump.

Also in shocking and unpredictable news... ice is still very cold. :roll:

Evidently Conway has NOT seen the LA Times poll and Rasmussen and Investors Business Daily polls which show Trump slightly ahead or tied. Trump supporters posting on this site seem to know about them - I wonder why those at the top of the Trump campaign are not smiling from ear to ear and anticipating a victory because of them?

I doubt that federal taxes will go higher. The federal government will continue to spend at about 20% of GDP and tax at about 18.5% of GDP covering the difference by borrowing from future generations. Big changes in federal spending policy do not come from a new POTUS - they come from congress critters that agree with making changes as directed by those that fund their campaigns. If anything, we can expect more unfunded mandates and pressure on the states to assume more of the costs of "free" stuff.

Well the Republicans shouldn't had picked a misogynistic, sexual assault enabling liar like Trump. Almost any other Republican candidate would have beaten Hillary and they would have at least been better than Hillary. Now all the Republicans that picked Trump as their nominee get what they deserve, Hillary.

Well the Republicans shouldn't had picked a misogynistic, sexual assault enabling liar like Trump. Almost any other Republican candidate would have beaten Hillary and they would have at least been better than Hillary. Now all the Republicans that picked Trump as their nominee get what they deserve, Hillary.

Under the circumstances, including the media's willingness to destroy themselves, I don't think any other candidate had a chance against the International Machine trying to put Hillary in the White House.

Romney made the 47% claim, which became the daily obsession of the propaganda mills parading as the MSM. Out of context, total misrepresented, but, Oh well.

Hillary Clinton called 10's of millions of voters irredeemable and deplorable. That immensely offensive and astonishing admission is completely buried by her media partners. WikiLeaks? Never happened.

How could any candidate overcome this massive handicap? Only someone as bombastic as Trump. When one considers the amount of effort that has gone into fabricating lies about him, misrepresenting his statements, and outright fraud, what other candidate could have survived?

Under the circumstances, including the media's willingness to destroy themselves, I don't think any other candidate had a chance against the International Machine trying to put Hillary in the White House.

Romney made the 47% claim, which became the daily obsession of the propaganda mills parading as the MSM. Out of context, total misrepresented, but, Oh well.

Hillary Clinton called 10's of millions of voters irredeemable and deplorable. That immensely offensive and astonishing admission is completely buried by her media partners. WikiLeaks? Never happened.

How could any candidate overcome this massive handicap? Only someone as bombastic as Trump. When one considers the amount of effort that has gone into fabricating lies about him, misrepresenting his statements, and outright fraud, what other candidate could have survived?

Hows Trump working out for you? I believe the betting average on Trump winning the election is 10%. Even Romney's was better than that.

Trump supporters get what they deserve, Hillary.

you miss the irony of your statement.

I doubt that federal taxes will go higher. The federal government will continue to spend at about 20% of GDP and tax at about 18.5% of GDP covering the difference by borrowing from future generations. Big changes in federal spending policy do not come from a new POTUS - they come from congress critters that agree with making changes as directed by those that fund their campaigns. If anything, we can expect more unfunded mandates and pressure on the states to assume more of the costs of "free" stuff.

I doubt Hillary will roll over she is a iron fisted type of person. she will be worse than congress when trying to do what she wants.
She will never pass a budget unless she gets what she wants.

it will be harder for republicans if they lose the senate but it seems that they are still going to keep both house and senate.
Trumps only hope is in this quite segment of the population that will vote for him and hope that there is not a large turn out.

He has been pulling in huge crowds and Hillary's have been really small.
hopefully the main polls are just that bias. I doubt it.

I dunno man. If Trump would have run a sane campaign, he would probably be way up. That is not the media's fault, that is not any one's fault but Trump.

I can't bring myself to call Trump toast just yet.

I have throughout this campaign tried to reason to Trump supporters the perilous road to 270 he faced, but it isn't over til it's over.

However, prefacing a speech at Gettysburg about your first 100 days in office with "I'm going to sue all my accusers" is a great way to get back on track to 270 [\sarcasm]

All in all, his path to 270 seems wholly untenable, and instead of this Rigged nonsense, Trump supporters need to understand a few things if he fails:

1 - Trump has actually been behind the entire race, its only tight point was just before the tape and first debate.

2 - Trump screwed up all three debates

3 - what this election has highlighted more than any other, is demographics matter, you can't run around offending and pissing off every demographic except non-college educated white males.

Simpleχity;1066460860 said:

Trump is losing female and non-white voters by a large margin and only leads among white male voters by a few percentage points.

Enthusiasm on the campaign trail? One of those trite "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" clichés.

Even Conway realizes the numbers foretell defeat and Trump cannot make up such a huge shortfall in the remaining 14 days.

As much as I despise Trump, I have to give Conway kudos for trying to do as well as she could with the most flawed major candidate in living memory. I would pity her except for the fact that she voluntarily signed the contract. But she is smart and she has skills - I'll give her that much, at least.

Hows Trump working out for you? I believe the betting average on Trump winning the election is 10%. Even Romney's was better than that.

Trump supporters get what they deserve, Hillary.

Against the fraud, corruption, and international collusion of globalist obsessed with getter her in the White House?

Trump is working great. No other candidate would have made the election this close. No other candidate would cause Hillary's MSM partners to follow Podesta's commands and cook the polls.

Do you think the Globalist International Elites controlling Washington were going to allow anyone other than their Manchurian Candidate to be elected? Why do you think Hillary was pretty much the only candidate to run, given the mountain of filth in the baggage she brings with her?

Don't blame Trump, blame the International Machine trying to place Hillary in the White House for them. At least Trump has provided the environment that has exposed the mafia behind her bid.

I doubt Hillary will roll over she is a iron fisted type of person. she will be worse than congress when trying to do what she wants.
She will never pass a budget unless she gets what she wants.

it will be harder for republicans if they lose the senate but it seems that they are still going to keep both house and senate.
Trumps only hope is in this quite segment of the population that will vote for him and hope that there is not a large turn out.

He has been pulling in huge crowds and Hillary's have been really small.
hopefully the main polls are just that bias. I doubt it.

You are falling for Trump's image of "huge" public support (among a minority) but fail to look at the political reality. Who has the bigger crowd: Trump with 10K of "the faithful" packed into some stadium in a single city for a hour (or so) on a single day or the MSM's nationwide audience of many millions on many TV channels every day? That media bias, like all advertising, works whether you are willing to admit it or not.

My community newspaper came out this morning with its recommendation. I've been reading this paper for decades now, and it's never used "Reluctantly" in its op/ed headline until now. Both candidates were referred to as "odious," and the statement was made that regardless of who wins, the nation loses.

Which is just what I've been saying. But the rec goes on to offer as its reason for supporting Clinton the fact that she has so many years of government service. :roll:

My community newspaper came out this morning with its recommendation. I've been reading this paper for decades now, and it's never used "Reluctantly" in its op/ed headline until now. Both candidates were referred to as "odious," and the statement was made that regardless of who wins, the nation loses.

Which is just what I've been saying. But the rec goes on to offer as its reason for supporting Clinton the fact that she has so many years of government service. :roll:

Not surprising.

Kellyanne has seen the light folks :lol:

On a humorous, and relevant, note:

Simpleχity;1066460860 said:

Unfortunately, our political system AND our media are SO SCUMMY, I for one don't BELIEVE the polls.

APollster called Tom. First question out of the box, "What presidential candidate do you think you will vote for?" When he answered Donald Trump? The pollster hung up. What does that tell people?

You are falling for Trump's image of "huge" public support (among a minority) but fail to look at the political reality. Who has the bigger crowd: Trump with 10K of "the faithful" packed into some stadium in a single city for a hour (or so) on a single day or the MSM's nationwide audience of many millions on many TV channels every day? That media bias, like all advertising, works whether you are willing to admit it or not.

YOu didn't read the rest of my post. I think his outlook is bleak. he had a chance to run away with this and he couldn't capitalize.
to much shooting himself in the foot.

even though Clinton is as ethically corrupt and a criminal and everything else.
it just shows the stupidity of the average American voter.

This thread is one huge troll thread, designed to disenfranchise Trump voters from going to the polls to vote...That in itself surely doesn't speak to the supposed confidence many of our rude, and arrogant friends in here portray.

I dunno man. If Trump would have run a sane campaign, he would probably be way up. That is not the media's fault, that is not any one's fault but Trump.

I think that's exactly right. People have been saying for months that Trump needed to 'pivot' to act 'more presidential.' He just couldnt/wouldn't do it. That's not the fault of the press. He said so many inflammatory, insane, insulting things that the press had to cover it. Hillary, if you think about it, has just sort of flown below the radar while Trump has repeatedly punched himself in the face. The truth is, he could have won. He beat himself.

YOu didn't read the rest of my post. I think his outlook is bleak. he had a chance to run away with this and he couldn't capitalize.
to much shooting himself in the foot.

even though Clinton is as ethically corrupt and a criminal and everything else.
it just shows the stupidity of the average American voter.

Nope, his own ego prevented that. Trump is simply not capable of staying on message or providing any policy details - neither is Hillary Clinton but at least she hides it well, listens to her handlers and lets others do that on her behalf. Trump's priority is, was and always will be projecting his image of personal great wisdom and perfection. Saying that Clinton is worse does not make Trump any better. The stupidity of the average voter is in believing that whoever wears the red or blue hat "must be" the better of the two.

Back
Top Bottom