• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Does "God" Actually "Bless America"???

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Does "god" play favorites with countries? Is America "god's" darling?

Is it a popularity contest or something?

Does "America" include Canada, Mexico, all of South America and Central America too?
Is Peru on the same level of "blessed" as say Kentucky?

Does "god" not bless Australia, Denmark, or Japan?

I mean, considering absolutely NONE of the biblical anything ever takes place in the USofA I have to wonder why so many in the USofA seem to think
"god" truly has a special place in his/her/it's "heart" for America?

How do we know that "god" truly likes America more than Iran? Or more than Greenland? Or more than China?

Is there anything biblical that suggests the USofA is somehow "god's chosen land"?
Or that citizens of the USofA are now "god's favorite people"?

If the biblical "god" is a real thing, wouldn't that "god" be getting rather frustrated and kinda pissed off at the USofA?

Does "America" include Canada, Mexico, all of South America and Central America too?

I mean, considering absolutely NONE of the biblical anything ever takes place in the USofA I have to wonder why so many in the USofA seem to think

How do we know that "god" truly likes America more than Iran? Or more than Greenland? Or more than China?

Is there anything biblical that suggests the USofA is somehow "god's chosen land"?

If the biblical "god" is a real thing, wouldn't that "god" be getting rather frustrated and kinda pissed off at the USofA?

No...God has not stood behind any one nation since the nation of Israel, before Christ...

“God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”​ Acts 10:34, 35

Two answers to this. First answer: For those who believe in god, their claims that god favors anything are not backed up by anything.

Second answer: There is no god. It's something people use to justify their actions of the actions of their country. It is meaningless.

god always seemed to want my football team to move a ball over a line more times than the other team did. Strangely he had nothing to say about the wrestling matches....

:shrug:

god always seemed to want my football team to move a ball over a line more times than the other team did. Strangely he had nothing to say about the wrestling matches....

It appears god is really REALLY into sports sometimes doesn't it?

No...God has not stood behind any one nation since the nation of Israel, before Christ...

“God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”​ Acts 10:34, 35

Good post...

Sure we sing "God Bless America". Other countries can do the same. One can call it wishful thinking.
In the "Christmas Carol" by Dickens didn't Tiny Tim said " God Bless Us All " ?(or everyone?).
I didn't want to laugh at the opening post but it's weird.

Not so.
I'm sure your team may be the Patriots but in any case whatever your football team is they are losers.
Wrestling matches ?
Fake-o-matic.

I didn't want to laugh at the opening post but it's weird.

You can laugh if you'd like, but if you've never heard such references and inferences you've not been listening very well.

Here:

Is America Blessed by God? | William Doino Jr. | First Things

I[FONT=&quot]n 2008, [/FONT]Religion and Ethics Newsweekly [FONT=&quot]released a survey on how Americans view their country’s relationship to God: “Sixty-one percent agree that America is a nation specially blessed by God,”[/FONT]

Then you have no right to criticize the followers if you refuse to go back to the source for verification...it's a catch 22...

The "burden of proof" lies with those that make the claim.

Not with those who disbelieve the claim.

The "burden of proof" lies with those that make the claim.

Not with those who disbelieve the claim.

And I just proved to you the one making the claim is wrong right from his own source of his belief system, yet you refuse to accept it...Acts 10:34,35...catch 22...

catch-22
noun
a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

catch 22 - Google Search

And I just proved to you the one making the claim is wrong right from his own source of his belief system, yet you refuse to accept it...Acts 10:34,35...catch 22...

catch-22
noun
a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions.

catch 22 - Google Search

You bible folks can justify almost anything you want from almost any part of the bible you chose.

It's hardly a source to make a black & white claim from.

catch-22
noun

catch 22 - Google Search

Hence why debate is very difficult, if not impossible, between believers and non believers.

You bible folks can justify almost anything you want from almost any part of the bible you chose.

It's hardly a source to make a black & white claim from.

lol...Dragonfly. Did you just drop a "you people"...? ;)

I gotta believe this is some kind of therapeutic exercise for you, because you're too smart to miss this pattern - it happens every time, and it will continue to happen every time. The differences in the way theists and atheists view the world and our place in it are too great to even use the same "proof", let alone reach consensus.

I gotta believe this is some kind of therapeutic exercise for you, because you're too smart to miss this pattern - it happens every time, and it will continue to happen every time. The differences in the way theists and atheists view the world and our place in it are too great to even use the same "proof", let alone reach consensus.

But yet DF claims we are very much alike...go figure...:confused:

How many bibles are there?
How many christian denominations are there?
How many slightly non-christian denominations are there that use the bible?

I've heard so many insane justifications for behavior that "comes straight from the bible" that it makes my head spin.

Another poster here stated something highly prolific. This is a paraphrase of her comment.

"There's no sense listening to what christians have to say until all christians can agree on what should be said."

So yeah, I'll stand by the idea that just about anyone who uses the bible can use it to justify almost anything they want.
Because I've seen it happen quite often.

Look what the Jehovah's Witnesses do compared to many other Christian denominations.

Hence why debate is very difficult, if not impossible, between believers and non believers.

Yeah and DF keeps suckering me in...:3oops:

How many bibles are there?
How many christian denominations are there?
How many slightly non-christian denominations are there that use the bible?

I've heard so many insane justifications for behavior that "comes straight from the bible" that it makes my head spin.

Another poster here stated something highly prolific. This is a paraphrase of her comment.

"There's no sense listening to what christians have to say until all christians can agree on what should be said."

So yeah, I'll stand by the idea that just about anyone who uses the bible can use it to justify almost anything they want.
Because I've seen it happen quite often.

Look what the Jehovah's Witnesses do compared to many other Christian denominations.

I think you'll be happier in general when you get to being ok with folks believing differently than you. The only time I get bent out of shape when I'm discussing the differences between faiths (either theological, denominational, or even between like minded folks sitting side by side on Sunday morning) is when someone attempts to tell me mine is isn't valid. Everyone is going to have their own take, and likely 0% will be 100% correct.

So what if people think America is blessed? How does it impact you personally? It shouldn't...but if it does, deal with the consequences of that: "Religion has impacted my life because ________, which isn't right because I'm not religious". I'd be right there with you....beyond that, though, I'm not sure what you expect, and I'm less sure of what right you have to expect anything. At some point you get all the explanations you're gonna get, and it's time to move on with life. Banging your head against the wall isn't likely to get a different answer. :shrug:

But yet DF claims we are very much alike...go figure...:confused:

lmao...you guys are exactly alike, tbh...in my humble opinion, of course. You're just coming at it from different points of view.

Whatever God is, it certainly isn't something that involves itself in the trivial tribal matters of culture-bearing primates on this particular planet in this particular remote star system.

OM

Back
Top Bottom