• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think Donald Trump is a racist? Sexist? Bigot?

Is Donald Trump a racist, bigot, or sexist?

• Yes

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 50.0%

• Total voters
His entire campaign was designed around not being politically correct. He took the discussion to the bottom of civility with a foul mouth, bigotry, racism and sexism.

The antics toward the disabled reporter was disgusting beyond belief.

What a piece of trash he depicted himself to be. The really sad thing is that it apparently won him votes.

I just called Trump a bigot. It's not slander if it's true. But you can get in trouble by being truthful around here apparently.

Last edited:
His entire campaign was designed around not being politically correct. He took the discussion to the bottom of civility with a foul mouth, bigotry, racism and sexism.

The antics toward the disabled reporter was disgusting beyond belief.

What a piece of trash he depicted himself to be. The really sad thing is that it apparently won him votes.

I just called Trump a bigot. It's not slander if it's true. But you can get in trouble by being truthful around here apparently.
That's still his most repugnant moment for me.

Making a statement is not an action. For instance, when someone in high office says she did not send secure emails, but really did. Which one is the action, what they say they did, or what they did?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

A verbal threat is an assault on another person. You can be charged with a crime for threatening someone verbally.

Well, we don't know the real Trump. But IMNSHO I believe he does stoke the fires of hate, and seems willing to accept some undesirable individuals into his fold - until they becomes politically problematic. He rode hate, xenophobia, and nationalism all the way to the White House.

So is he a racist, sexist, etc? It cannot be proven. But he has tolerated it within his campaign, and has no problem fostering an environment in his campaign where it can reside.

But I'd also like to touch on the Trump supporters. Hillary was dead wrong with her deplorableness charge. Not just politically, but in reality. I'm sure their is some minority that are indeed deplorable; the David Duke faction comes to mind. I'm just as sure the vast majority of his supporters are good people who feel they've been overlooked by the politicians, the parties, and Washington for decades. And for good reason! They have! They are willing to overlook nearly everything defective with their candidate in order to achieve their goals. For me, the Evangelical support was shocking, and I now have little respect for them as a political demographic. Conversely, my pervious high respect for the Mormons has shot to the stratosphere.

I believe it's the overlooking of Trump's negatives where the major disagreement lies. A small majority of the country did not accept his rhetoric and crude & condescending manner. But by the vagaries of the Electoral College, he was installed.They find these qualities unacceptable in the leader that represents them on the world stage.They disagree vehemently with his values and mores. And many cannot understand how his supporters can tolerate this. And they are greatly offended and disgusted by him and those that put him in office.

If it looks like a pig. Talks like a pig. Acts like a pig. It's a pig.

You are what you say and do. He was gross and disgusting. That doesn't just go away now that the election is over.

If you support and endorse a person like that, you become one with them. If he was deplorable his supporters are deplorable. Clinton was 100% correct to point that out. Unfortunately for her, civility has gone out the window in this country.

Last edited:
If it looks like a pig. Talks like a pig. Acts like a pig. It's a pig.

You are what you say and do. He was gross and disgusting. That doesn't just go away now that the election is over.

If you support and endorse a person like that, you become one with them. If he was deplorable his supporters are deplorable. Clinton was 100% correct to point that out. Unfortunately for her, civility has gone out the window in this country.
Well, I understand the sentiments here.

But I know some Trump supporters, including in my own family. They're pretty good people for the most part, but I will not deny some have varying degrees of bigotry, though not too the degree that they are often stereotyped. Much of their ethnic disgust comes from globalization & the government and political policies and failings that put their livelihoods in direct conflict with illegal aliens & new immigrants willing to work for cheap wages. Unfortunately, some of these individuals don't easily discern their anger should be directed at the infrastructure, not the individual. They can't do anything about Washington or the DNC/RNC, so they lash-out at who they can - the illegal and the new immigrant. Well, except for now. Trump now has given them a voice.

They held their nose and voted for Trump because they felt he gave them voice on these and other legit issues. No different than many HRC voters supporting her as an anti-Trump vote, while disliking her personally (I'm in that camp).

So I hold no animus for the vast majority of my fellow Americans who voted in this election. But I do have enmity for racists and bigots, and yes there are many prevalent in Trump's tent. Along with many otherwise good people looking for a voice, he picked-up a fair-share of the not so good too.

Last edited:
A verbal threat is an assault on another person. You can be charged with a crime for threatening someone verbally.

Only if the threat is backed up by intent. In which case the intent is the action being punished, not the words. Because... Statements are not actions.

But I know some Trump supporters, including in my own family. They're pretty good people for the most part, but I will not deny some have varying degrees of bigotry, though not too the degree that they are often stereotyped. Much of their ethnic disgust comes from globalization & the government and political policies and failings that put their livelihoods in direct conflict with illegal aliens & new immigrants willing to work for cheap wages. Unfortunately, some of these individuals don't easily discern their anger should be directed at the infrastructure, not the individual. They can't do anything about Washington or the DNC/RNC, so they lash-out at who they can - the illegal and the new immigrant. Well, except for now. Trump now has given them a voice.

They held their nose and voted for Trump because they felt he gave them voice on these and other legit issues. No different than many HRC voters supporting her as an anti-Trump vote, while disliking her personally (I'm in that camp).

So I hold no animus for the vast majority of my fellow Americans who voted in this election. But I do have enmity for racists and bigots, and yes there are many prevalent in Trump's tent. Along with many otherwise good people looking for a voice, he picked-up a fair-share of the not so good too.

But what people fail to realize when they accuse the other side that they have racists and bigots, is that nearly everyone is a bigot in some way.

Liberals routinely talk down about people from the south, making blanket statements. Most of them being New England yankees who have never even visited the south.
Then there are the black racists, of which it is becoming more prevalent that most of BLM are.

Only if the threat is backed up by intent. In which case the intent is the action being punished, not the words. Because... Statements are not actions.

Many states have a requirement that a communicated threat be specific (i.e. "Watch your back" is not a communicated threat), and it has to be believed by the person being threatened that the threaten-er will carry out said threat.

Would it be an assault punishable by law to threaten to kill someone with a viscous look on the face scaring the crap out of the victim?

But what people fail to realize when they accuse the other side that they have racists and bigots, is that nearly everyone is a bigot in some way.

Liberals routinely talk down about people from the south, making blanket statements. Most of them being New England yankees who have never even visited the south.
Then there are the black racists, of which it is becoming more prevalent that most of BLM are.

I agree that we all have racist and bigoted tendencies. The idea is to effectively repress them. Trump did just the opposite. He played them up to the point of making a caricature of himself thinking it would fire up his hoped for vote. Sadly, it worked.

I agree that we all have racist and bigoted tendencies. The idea is to effectively repress them. Trump did just the opposite. He played them up to the point of making a caricature of himself thinking it would fire up his hoped for vote. Sadly, it worked.

Still haven't seen any evidence of that.

I've only seen statements he made taken out of context and reported in that manner by the MSM in order to help Clinton's campaign.

Stating that some of the illegal immigrants that cross in from Mexico are rapists isn't "playing into that", its speaking reality. We have had national news stories of such.

Just because the people that voted for Trump are good people, doesn't mean that Trump isn't a racist/bigot. He's quite clearly said bigoted things.

As for the people who did vote Trump, yes many (most) of them are good people, they just decided that Trump's bigotry just wasn't that much of a big deal to them.

Still haven't seen any evidence of that.

I've only seen statements he made taken out of context and reported in that manner by the MSM in order to help Clinton's campaign.

Stating that some of the illegal immigrants that cross in from Mexico are rapists isn't "playing into that", its speaking reality. We have had national news stories of such.

Are you speaking about his original statement, or his "clarification"?

Would it be an assault punishable by law to threaten to kill someone with a viscous look on the face scaring the crap out of the victim?

If a reasonable person would deduce intent, then yes.

Not as adamantly as he appears to be. Does he have prejudices against certain demographics? Absolutely. Will he sacrifice an expediency of any sort, and especially in the monetary form, for the sake of those prejudices? Absolutely no.

Trump is the quintessential old school New Yorker.

He's from back in the days when guys didn't run to safe rooms when they got humiliated by a verbal beat down. Those guys could get down in the gutter, and took as well as they gave.

Modern liberal men...........Well.................what can ya say?

If he's not, he has managed to do a very good impression of one.

Are you speaking about his original statement, or his "clarification"?

Context is your friend.

He was talking about immigrants crossing our southern border. You don't just "cross" the southern border legally.

Full text good!

Soundbyte BAD!

I find it amusing that some sanctuary city mayors are defending their policies on illegals like Trump is some sort of racist for only wanting legal immigrants. Trump has never been anti-immigration but he is for LEGAL immigration. Hell, both of his parents were LEGAL immigrants and he married two LEGAL immigrants. Even as far as Muslims go, Trump is fine with legal Muslims entering the country as long as they can be vetted properly and that includes refugees. If they can't be properly vetted then we don't want to let in potential terrorists as Europe does.

If he didn't want to be viewed that way then he should not have acted that way. But he did therefore he is.

If he didn't want to be viewed that way then he should not have acted that way. But he did therefore he is.

That's the biased liberally partisan take on it. Hey, a little bit off topic but, did you hear who won the election? Voters did not believe the exaggerated rhetoric trying to paint Trump as someone he was not. Of course you are free to believe the BS spewed out by the left but you should be careful of calling everyone who voted for Trump as being a bigot and racist. There is another election in four years and these same people are going to vote and this time they are going to want to hear more from the Democrats than BS scare tactics.

That's the biased liberally partisan take on it. Hey, a little bit off topic but, did you hear who won the election? Voters did not believe the exaggerated rhetoric trying to paint Trump as someone he was not. Of course you are free to believe the BS spewed out by the left but you should be careful of calling everyone who voted for Trump as being a bigot and racist. There is another election in four years and these same people are going to vote and this time they are going to want to hear more from the Democrats than BS scare tactics.

At last count Clinton was ahead by more than 1,000,000 votes. Real people voted more for her than Trump, so your argument falls flat.

So, are you saying Trump did not attack Muslims, Mexicans and women? Are you saying he did not say "You can tell them to go Fu#K themselves" in public or "I would bomb the sh#t out of them" in public? You thinks those things which are recorded live are liberal BS?

He is what he did and if you endorse that then so are you.

I wish there was other. He is probably a bigot and seems sexist but I doubt he is racist.

That's the biased liberally partisan take on it ... did you hear who won the election?

At last count Clinton was ahead by more than 1,000,000 votes. Real people voted more for her than Trump, so your argument falls flat.

So his argument that Trump won the Election falls flat because Clinton had more of the popular vote? You should read up on the Electoral College.

So, are you saying Trump did not attack Muslims, Mexicans and women? Are you saying he did not say "You can tell them to go Fu#K themselves" in public or "I would bomb the sh#t out of them" in public? You thinks those things which are recorded live are liberal BS?

He is what he did and if you endorse that then so are you

Trump said that he would bomb the **** out of Mexican and women?

I care about actions, not what label you can attach to people. Worrying about whether some one is racist, or sexist, is a waste of effort. Focus on what they do, and the impact of that.

I have deep respect for this position and hope that it can be echoed by others who lean left. Right now it seems to be fairly rare currency.

Back
Top Bottom