• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do you think Donald Trump is a racist? Sexist? Bigot?

Is Donald Trump a racist, bigot, or sexist?

• Yes

Votes: 35 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 50.0%

• Total voters
So you pretty much ignored my request to actually disagree with me and explain yourself by whining.

What I demonstrated was NOT a "knee jerk reaction". It was specific examples in which the left (through their surrogate, the mainstream media) twisted the actual context of Trump's words into a false narrative with the intent to paint him as one of the left's favorite "ists" in order to assassinate his character, with the added bonus of making him less appealing to specific voter groups.

If you aren't going to actually respond with something of substance, please don't bother responding with more whining.

The only defense you offered was an attack on the left. You didn't explain or reply to me with substance, you just whined about the left. I don't its fair to hold someone to one standard if you won't keep to it yourself.

So you pretty much ignored my request to actually disagree with me and explain yourself by whining.

What I demonstrated was NOT a "knee jerk reaction". It was specific examples in which the left (through their surrogate, the mainstream media) twisted the actual context of Trump's words into a false narrative with the intent to paint him as one of the left's favorite "ists" in order to assassinate his character, with the added bonus of making him less appealing to specific voter groups.

If you aren't going to actually respond with something of substance, please don't bother responding with more whining.

So yeah, you blame some one else for what Trump said. Thank you for clearing that up.

Couple things here.

1. I am not the left.
2. I am not talking about the left.

Again, not talking about the left. I am asking about Donald Trump. He and he only. What Trump does or does not do or say has nothing to do with the what the left does or doesn't do.

The main idea here is that there are plenty of threads that talk about the left. Hypocrisy. ect ect ect. This is about Donald Trump.

You are completely missing the point.

The way you many people view him is a product of the media narrative in which they heard it being discussed.

In many media discussions, his words were taken out of context and the media, in the way they have always done, told you how to view what he said.

My post was very much about Donald Trump. I used the Ben Shapiro thing as an EXAMPLE. Those are used very often in debate.

So, while you may view his words one way, based upon how you may have been told to think about the words by the media, others may view it in its proper context, regardless of how the media has told them how to think and feel.

You don't care if the POTUS respects women or minorities or will treat them differently? That is an interesting take.

I care about actions, not what label you can attach to people. Worrying about whether some one is racist, or sexist, is a waste of effort. Focus on what they do, and the impact of that.

So yeah, you blame some one else for what Trump said. Thank you for clearing that up.

I'll take your failure to form a rational argument and engage in the conversation as a "You ain't got nothing".

Bye felicia.

I'll take your failure to form a rational argument and engage in the conversation as a "You ain't got nothing".

Bye felicia.

I actually do have something, I have you blaming others for Trump's words and actions and policy proposals.

I am curious why not?

I am not asking because I think you are wrong, I am curious why you think he isn't. He is certainly labeled this way by a large number of people.

Mostly Democrats which had a very good reason to label him so, it is called the fear factor to get people to vote for Hillary. I think a lot of people equate being against illegal immigration to being a racist. I am also against illegal immigration and so is my wife who happens to be from Thailand. She came here the proper and right way, did the paper work, paid the fees, background check, obtained a visa, went through the waiting period and more. She did it right and she figures others need to do it right also. I agree.

Being here illegally regardless of where one comes from makes you a criminal, a law breaker. I think any country should be able to have control over their own borders and allow who they want and turn away those they don't. Being against illegal immigration in my opinion isn't racist, it has more to do with respecting the law. If one doesn't like the law, then work to repeal and replace.

I suppose to those who equate being against illegal immigration, that also makes me a racist. If so, so be it. I have no problem at all with anyone who comes here the right way and I think the same applies to Trump. If my wife can immigrate here utilizing the proper channels, so too can everyone else.

Apparently a lot of minorities didn't equate being against illegal immigration with racism either. Trump doubled Romney's black vote from 4% to 8%. Hispanics, Romney received 27%, Trump 29%, Asian Romney 21%, Trump 29%. No one accused Romney of being a racist either. The problem as I see it, there are those who view illegal immigration as breaking the law, other view it as racism.

It's obvious that Trump is a sexist.

That said, I don't know if he is truly a racist or bigot. I do know that he has at minimum pretended to be a racist and bigot the last few years. If you think about it, pretending to be a racist and bigot in order to appeal to racists and bigots is actually worse than if you actually were one (and no I do not believe that all Trump's supporters are racists and bigots - but some obviously are).

All the same, at this point he will be our president for at least the next four years, and for the sake of his country and the success of his presidency, I hope he now practices tolerance and acceptance of everyone as he is president of everyone regardless of their skin color, ethnicity, sex, sexual preference, and religious beliefs.

The only defense you offered was an attack on the left. You didn't explain or reply to me with substance, you just whined about the left. I don't its fair to hold someone to one standard if you won't keep to it yourself.

No. My defense was that what he said wasn't offensive. You are being told to believe that what he said was offensive by a propaganda pushed by the media.

It is funny that through however many posts I have made on here nobody is bothering to respond to that part, I am guessing in part because you don't even realize that you are easily swayed by propaganda that you can't see that there is another way to view what he said other than how you have been told to think and feel.

And you, nor Redress have bothered to respond to the SPECIFIC examples I used, to busy whining about how I "attacked the left".

You are completely missing the point.

The way you many people view him is a product of the media narrative in which they heard it being discussed.

In many media discussions, his words were taken out of context and the media, in the way they have always done, told you how to view what he said.

No one tells me how to view things. I watch and read fox even and what they say doesn't tell me how to think. Neither does CBS, NBC, CNN, BBC, or anyone else. That is just a dumb assumption.

My post was very much about Donald Trump. I used the Ben Shapiro thing as an EXAMPLE. Those are used very often in debate.

No. On all counts except the last one. Examples are used in debates but yours is not applicable. You used an attack on liberals to defend what Trump has said. It doesn't work. Just like a video of a baby laughing doesn't explain Jill Stein's views on tacos. There is no connection there.

So, while you may view his words one way, based upon how you may have been told to think about the words by the media, others may view it in its proper context, regardless of how the media has told them how to think and feel.

Tell me what you feel was taken out of context? Tell me how these things should have been taken.

I actually do have something, I have you blaming others for Trump's words and actions and policy proposals.

I have you failing to respond to the specific examples I used, and the fact that his words have been taken out of context.

But since you are are so easily mind controlled by propaganda, you can't fathom the idea that what he said, and what the mass media has told you how to think and feel aren't the same.

I care about actions, not what label you can attach to people. Worrying about whether some one is racist, or sexist, is a waste of effort. Focus on what they do, and the impact of that.

Is making statements not an action?

Are a person's action not often driven by beliefs?

If this is a wasted effort to discuss why jump in? (not asking in any malicious or sarcastic way)

It comes down to a culture of political correctness, and how it has turned truth-telling into a lost art.

Donald Trump would never be vilified if he only chose to criticize wealthy white males.

His crime is that he speaks his mind, and speaks the truth, as he sees it anyway.
And he is perfectly willing to not only criticize wealthy white males,
he criticizes the following demographics whenever they are legitimately-worthy of criticism:

Illegal immigrant males.
White females.
Black females.
Radical Islamic males.
Islamic males who have not demonstrated that they are not a threat to the American taxpayers.

My God, he is a monster.
He is willing to criticize everyone, no matter their gender, nationality, or religious persuasion.

:shock:

Tell me what you feel was taken out of context? Tell me how these things should have been taken.

I told you specifically what I feel was taken out of context..... IN MY FIRST POST.

Which clearly you didn't read because you saw me criticize the left and stopped reading in order to whine about that.

You aren't reading to understand, you are reading to respond. Its a huge barrier to communication.

My fingers are getting tired from typing and we haven't gotten past square one because of it.

No. My defense was that what he said wasn't offensive. You are being told to believe that what he said was offensive by a propaganda pushed by the media.

It is funny that through however many posts I have made on here nobody is bothering to respond to that part, I am guessing in part because you don't even realize that you are easily swayed by propaganda that you can't see that there is another way to view what he said other than how you have been told to think and feel.

And you, nor Redress have bothered to respond to the SPECIFIC examples I used, to busy whining about how I "attacked the left".

Tell me the specific examples you have given? Maybe I missed that while sifting through the deflecting. I apologize if I did.

I told you specifically what I feel was taken out of context..... IN MY FIRST POST.

Which clearly you didn't read because you saw me criticize the left and stopped reading in order to whine about that.

You aren't reading to understand, you are reading to respond. Its a huge barrier to communication.

My fingers are getting tired from typing and we haven't gotten past square one because of it.

Here are a couple things:

“He’s a Mexican,” Trump told CNN of Curiel. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe.”

Trump says 81% of whites are killed by blacks.

Countless comments of women as sexual objects not just people.

“Putting your wife to work is a very dangerous thing.”

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Do you think Donald Trump is a racist? Sexist? Bigot?

Do you think Donald Trump treats people of race, sex, or beliefs differently because of their race, sex or beliefs?

Keeping it simple. You either do or you don't.
Trump transcends those terms, his fans think he is the second coming and his opponents saw who he was. Clue he is above all of the titles because he is Above us, and the sheep say Bahbah.

Here are a couple things:

“He’s a Mexican,” Trump told CNN of Curiel. “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe.”
Yes, and do you know when he made that statement?

This was during the campaign, after the point that the media had already falsely made him out to be a racist against mexicans. Do you think you could get a fair ruling from a person of an ethnicity that the whole nations is being convinced you hate?

CONTEXT.

So? How does that make him a racist? Stating wrong statistics makes you a racist? In that case nearly all black political commentators are racists because they keep spewing the false statistic about police shooting blacks.

See, here you are ASSUMING racist intent. Also... what is the context of this statement?

Confirming that he is a man who likes sex. Which makes him like 98% of other men in existance. Is it sexist for a man to like sex? If that is the case, why was Hillary Clinton campaigning with JayZ, one of the biggest sexists in existence? I know, I know, this isn't about Hillary. But what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Donald Trump in 1994: 'Putting a wife to work is a very dangerous thing' - CNNPolitics.com

CONTEXT. You have to understand these quotes you "heard" somewhere IN CONTEXT. It was dangerous because putting her to work in his business is what he attributes to the failure of his marriage.

CONTEXT. NOT RANDOM SOUND BYTES.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
I addressed this one. He was speaking on the issue of illegal immigration and how those who are crossing the border are (and it is a fact) drug dealers, rapists, and others who are good people. The way I view the last part on the "I assume" is because he assumes they are good people because he doesn't hear about them. But you DO hear about the illegal immigrants who come here to sell drugs and rape people, now don't you?

There is nothing wrong with him pointing out that rapists are crossing the border illegally is there?

I think it is time to stop speculating what he might be, and hoping for what he can be.

Well, go ahead, open Pandora's box will ya. Don't do it!

I don't think he is any of these.

He is the victim of a Democrat political campaign. Pure and simple.

I mean, how many people here still believe that Mitt Romney is a racist?

Yet during the 2012 political election process, the left insisted to blacks that Romney was looking to "Put them back in chains" (literally, thats a direct-ish quote.. by Joe Biden)

The left, through their surrogate of "celebrities", also made damned sure that we believed that George Bush was an evil racist as well.

It is a regular pattern that the left uses during campaigns of character assassination.

The purpose of this is to "get out the <insert minority group here> vote".

That is why Donald Trump mentioning illegal immigration and the fact that many illegal immigrants who cross the border into America come here and commit crimes got turned into "Donald Trump is calling mexicans rapists!!!!!" Ignoring the fact that he stated that others are good people.

That is why Donald Trump, when speaking about accepting refugees, suggested that we stop allowing muslim refugees in the country until we can find a way to properly screen them. That got taken out of context and twisted into, "OMFG Donald Trump wants to ban muslims!!!!!!1111!!!11one!!!

This is why Donald Trump, when speaking negatively about someone and calling them a name (which I don't agree with) would have his words twisted when he called a woman a name (as opposed to when he did the same things to men... which is apparently okay according to the left) into him being being someone who doesn't respect women. The way I see it, which again I don't agree with him running around name calling, is that your gender is not a shield from criticism from Donald Trump. I just wish he wouldn't use name calling as an accessory to his criticism of a person.

To those without a proper logical method of arguing with me, they will just claim I am "excusing anything he says". I'm not. If you disagree, please provide some reason for WHY you disagree with me that isn't based on emotion and hyperbole.
You know - you have a huge & complex paradigm set-up here to support your beliefs and impress upon others why they should believe as you do, when maybe you should consider using Occam to tell you some people think he's acts like an a-hole, and that's about all there's to it.

I didn't mean it to come across as all 3 or none of the three. The question is more do you think he is either of those 3 things.

He certainly gets called each of them plenty.

oh, then I guess I will answer yes because he has proved to at least have bigoted wants and say bigoted and sexist things for sure . . .

He's claiming the guy has a conflict of interest. Blunt way to say it, but he's a blunt guy right?

lol just a flat out mistake on Trump's part. But hardly racist, good lord man. Everyone who gets a ****ing statistic wrong is a racist?
Well, he does like the pretty ladies. Sorry, but its crude and often rude, but its not sexist in any way that it counts with regards to political office, except your impression. He hires women, he helps his daughters pursue careers, he does apparently prefer a stay at home wife, but that's his ****ing choice and preference.

oh trump. (see above) But generalizing isn't a good thing on his part. This is like a 1 on a scale of 1-10 in terms of how sexist one can be IMO. He's got countless women working for him, with him, even his daughter he's helped with a business career. On balance, you really think that's damning? Really?

How is this racist? It's wrong...I mean, is Mexico isn't "sending" these people here", at least I don't think so! Are criminals coming accross the order as part of the drug trade? Yes. OK, where is this smoking gun of demonhood?

Back
Top Bottom