• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Do Jews, Christians, and Muslims worship the same god.

In the beginning Yahwe was simply some weather God - among other Gods.
Then slowly he got promoted and worked his way up to become Number One - and finally the only one.

Yahweh - Wikipedia

BS...you left out the part where the Israelites got into trouble more than once with Jehovah God for attempting to serve other gods...He also told them how worthless other gods/idols were...

"You must not bow down to another god, for Jehovah is known for requiring exclusive devotion. Yes, he is a God who requires exclusive devotion." Exodus 34:14

"Their land is filled with worthless gods.
They bow down to the work of their own hands,
To what their own fingers have made.
And earthling man bows down, and man becomes low,
and you cannot possibly pardon them.” " Isaiah 2:8,9

“In that day they will reject each one his worthless gods of silver and his valueless gods of gold, that your hands have made for yourselves as a sin.” Isaiah 31:7

This comes up a lot, in a hand wave type of logic.
The God of Abraham

The Jews invented the God as we know it, granted much info came from previous religions, Summarian, etc.
They have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God from the Jews,
added more Gods to it, changed the rules, and turned on the Jews.

The Muslims then stole the God,
eliminated the Christian Gods, instilled their own prophet,
changed the rules again, and turned on the Jews and the Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind.

Or they are different Gods.

The Hebrew word "Elohim" is plural, meaning "gods".

"In the beginning a group of gods (aliens) created the Heavens and the Garden."

My God sent his only begotten Son to die [and be reborn] for all of us, washed away our sins and promised everlasting life in Heaven. All we had to do was believe and live a righteous existence.

That is a contradiction. You do NOT have to live a righteous existence if Jesus is going to wash your sins away. Which is it?

The Muslims did not eliminate the "Christian Gods". They consider Jesus to be a prophet. One might look at that as a demotion.

Jews and Muslims got along pretty well until the establishment of Israel and European imperialism. Generally, when anti-Semitic attacks increase, attacks on Muslims increase as well. And then Christians say "let's you and him fight."

Mohamed moved to Yathrib in 622. Within five years he either expelled, enslaved, or murdered every Jew from the three major tribes, and then renamed the city to Medina. So, not so much.

Interestingly enough, the Hebrew word "El Eloh" and the Arabic word "Al lah" mean the same thing.

More interesting is how you blew that whole thing.

In Arabic, Ilih means God.
Al lah is God's name.

Allah with different spellings and pronunciations, was used for God in many religions, including some Christion ones.
Nobody knows when it was incorporated into Islam.
Other than the added, 4 line prayer preceding every chapter, It shows up over halfway through the Qur'an

It would be nice if there was a god and life after death but this is how I think it went down. The advanced cave man or some tribe in sub africa were sitting around a camp fire. Their leader realized that if he promised his followers a heaven and maybe some virgins they would do his bidding. This is where somebody invented the idea of a god that created the universe. Hey, send me some money and I will show you the way.

I think of the Abrahamic religions as an upper case 'Y'. The stem is the OT, one arm is the NT, and the other arm is the Qur'an.

More interesting is how you blew that whole thing.

In Arabic, Ilih means God.
Al lah is God's name.

Allah with different spellings and pronunciations, was used for God in many religions, including some Christion ones.
Nobody knows when it was incorporated into Islam.
Other than the added, 4 line prayer preceding every chapter, It shows up over halfway through the Qur'an

The Etymology of EL, ELOI, ELAH, ELOH, ELOAH, ELOHIM, and the word ALAH. - Forums at EliYah's Home Page

Mohamed moved to Yathrib in 622. Within five years he either expelled, enslaved, or murdered every Jew from the three major tribes, and then renamed the city to Medina. So, not so much.

Yes, things are not so golden and peaceful as some like to see it.

The Hebrew word "Elohim" is plural, meaning "gods".

"In the beginning a group of gods (aliens) created the Heavens and the Garden."

Considering that Jesus Christ was Jehovah's firstborn of all creation and all other things were created by means of Jesus, that is the "we" and "us" who was with Jehovah in the beginning...Colossians 1:15,16...

One of most basic laws of physics demontrates that the Great Flood of the bible is impossible.

One has to believe in magic for it to be considered true.

Believers in superstition are ripe for a conman.

Allah is the name of the only God in Islam. Allah is a pre-Islamic name coming from the compound Arabic word Al-ilah which means the God, which is derived from al (the) ilah (deity). The Arabic name for “God” is the word “Al-ilah.” It is a generic title for whatever god was considered the highest god. Before Muhammed that would have been "Hubal."

Ishaq:85
“Umar said, ‘By Allah I was by one of the idols of the Jahiliyyah. An Arab sacrificed a calf to it, and we were waiting for it to be divided up in order to receive a share. I heard coming from the belly of the calf a voice which was more penetrating than any I’ve heard. The dead calf’s belly said, ‘There is no ilah but Allah.'”

Allah is the name of the only God in Islam. Allah is a pre-Islamic name coming from the compound Arabic word Al-ilah which means the God, which is derived from al (the) ilah (deity). The Arabic name for “God” is the word “Al-ilah.” It is a generic title for whatever god was considered the highest god. Before Muhammed that would have been "Hubal."

Ishaq:85
“Umar said, ‘By Allah I was by one of the idols of the Jahiliyyah. An Arab sacrificed a calf to it, and we were waiting for it to be divided up in order to receive a share. I heard coming from the belly of the calf a voice which was more penetrating than any I’ve heard. The dead calf’s belly said, ‘There is no ilah but Allah.'”

Okay. That's what the link says too.

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit aren't three Gods. They're one God.

Saints aren't a Christian (big umbrella) thing -- they're a Catholic (small umbrella) thing.

Snap crackle and pop, all in one neat Rice Krispie. It just doesn't wash.

Then the last stand of the Jews was Khaybar. a massacre.

An interesting footnote was the flotilla 10 years back.

The battle cry of the Palestinians was " remember Khaybar.

Tabari VII:97 “The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared, ‘Kill any Jew who falls under your power.’”
Bukhari:V1B1N6 “Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country.”

Just because you misread it, doesn't mean I said it.

I said Christians were the big umbrella and Catholics are underneath that umbrella. Catholicism is a denomination of Christianity, it isn't all of Christianity.

It was the only Christianity for 1500 of the last 2000 years, and remains the largest single denomination.

It was the only Christianity for 1500 of the last 2000 years, and remains the largest single denomination.

And? That doesn't change what I said.

Then the last stand of the Jews was Khaybar. a massacre.
An interesting footnote was the flotilla 10 years back.
The battle cry of the Palestinians was " remember Khaybar.

I did not know yet.
Now I have read about it:

The "religification", as it were, of the Mavi Marmara incident did not begin and end with activists chanting the Islamist refrain, "Remember Khaybar, Jews. The armies of Mohamed will return!" -- reference to the Battle of Khaybar, in 629, between Mohamed and his followers and the Jews of the Khaybar Oasis, and with similar strains echoing through numerous opinion articles in the press along with commentaries on satellite networks.

Three Fallacies on the Flotilla - Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

This comes up a lot, in a hand wave type of logic.
The God of Abraham

The Jews invented the God as we know it, granted much info came from previous religions, Summarian, etc.
They have the patient on it.

The Christians stole the God from the Jews,
added more Gods to it, changed the rules, and turned on the Jews.

The Muslims then stole the God,
eliminated the Christian Gods, instilled their own prophet,
changed the rules again, and turned on the Jews and the Christians.

Now God is either a wishy/washy schizophrenic, who simply cannot make up his mind.

Or they are different Gods.

Here's a good article on that.

Excerpt: "The God in the Bible is called the God of the Jews, an impossibility with Allah. They are called his chosen people, but they are not Allah’s chosen. Allah commands the Muslim to not take the Jews or Christians as friends (Sura.5:51 disdains the Jews). Mohammed said, “The last hour will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims kill them.” (Mishkat Al Masabih Sh.M. Ashraf pp.147, 721, 810-11, 1130). So how could Israel inherit the land or any of God’s promises from Allah, if Allah is their God? Clearly he is not the same God of the Bible."

Do Muslims, Jews, and Christians worship the same God? << The Righter Report

Jews and Christians have the same God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), but the majority of Jews haven't made the connection yet.

but the majority of Jews haven't made the connection yet.

Ironically, that is what the Muslims say about the "People of the book".

There is a pattern here, when a god is stolen from another.

The originals just didn't see the light, so we have to kill them.

That's the God of the bible and the Qaran alrighty.

For solid evidence I need go no further than the number of sects of Christianity and Islam.

The originals just didn't see the light, so we have to kill them.

That's funny. If you read the Book of Acts it was the originals - the Jews - who were killing the Christians. So your claim has warts.

History is written by the winners.
If you can totally destroy the original, it never existed.

The confederates were allowed to write their own. The “lost cause” permeated the south for decades.

Back
Top Bottom