• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Despite Mitt Romney wins, both sides keep eying Jeb Bush

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Boy wouldn't this tighten the jaws of our left wing friends?

2012 Election: Despite Mitt Romney wins, both sides keep eying Jeb Bush - POLITICO.com

By GLENN THRUSH and MAGGIE HABERMAN | 2/29/12 7:06 PM EST

Mitt Romney’s tortured triumph in Michigan put him back in the GOP driver’s seat — but that hasn’t quelled the desire among some Republicans to trade up.
Yes, Republicans are still pining for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush despite his repeated and vehement refusal to be sucked into the 2012 Republican vortex.

And Democrats continue to cast a wary eye on a guy they see as more dangerous — and capable of connecting with middle-class and Latino voters — than Romney.

Jeb's time has passed. His stupid brother screwed it up for him.

If the Republicans nominate anyone other than Mitt Romney, they're basically just deciding to forfeit the election. Not that Romney is a particularly good candidate either, but at least he's relatively sane, which is more than can be said for the other three candidates still in the race. And the logistics of nominating someone who isn't currently running are...not good, to put it mildly.

If Jeb Bush (or anyone else) were to throw his hat into the ring, he would have no time at all to prepare a national organization, raise enough money, develop a policy platform, and brush up on the issues. Those things don't just automatically happen. I don't blame Jeb Bush for wanting to sit this one out. It's certainly not an appealing prospect for anyone who might want to run for president for real in the future.

It ain't happenin'.

:neener

I would like to know what democrat is worried about any one named Bush as the republican nominee.

I love GWB but he can't hold a candle to Jeb..Jeb can win if he gets in..Romney can not win.

If the Republicans nominate anyone other than Mitt Romney, they're basically just deciding to forfeit the election. Not that Romney is a particularly good candidate either, but at least he's relatively sane, which is more than can be said for the other three candidates still in the race. And the logistics of nominating someone who isn't currently running are...not good, to put it mildly.

If Jeb Bush (or anyone else) were to throw his hat into the ring, he would have no time at all to prepare a national organization, raise enough money, develop a policy platform, and brush up on the issues. Those things don't just automatically happen. I don't blame Jeb Bush for wanting to sit this one out. It's certainly not an appealing prospect for anyone who might want to run for president for real in the future.

You should check out where Clinton and Hussein Obama were at in June 2007 and June 2001..........You might be surprised.

Yeah, I mean how many times does a guy have to say "no"?

I don't know. When they say no, and you go ahead and keep pushing, isn't that called rape?

Do the Republicans want to rape Jeb??:shock:

Agreed. The sad thing is Jeb is a much better leader. His actions during the multiple hurricanes showed how he excels under pressure.

You should check out where Clinton and Hussein Obama were at in June 2007 and June 2001..........You might be surprised.

You realize when you call him "Hussein", almost every one tunes you out, right?

2012 Election: Despite Mitt Romney wins, both sides keep eying Jeb Bush - POLITICO.com

By GLENN THRUSH and MAGGIE HABERMAN | 2/29/12 7:06 PM EST

Mitt Romney’s tortured triumph in Michigan put him back in the GOP driver’s seat — but that hasn’t quelled the desire among some Republicans to trade up.
Yes, Republicans are still pining for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush despite his repeated and vehement refusal to be sucked into the 2012 Republican vortex.

And Democrats continue to cast a wary eye on a guy they see as more dangerous — and capable of connecting with middle-class and Latino voters — than Romney.

It just amazes me just how out of touch with reality the Cons have become. Bazooka aimed at foot...... Fire! (before it shoots first).

You realize when you call him "Hussein", almost every one tunes you out, right?

Its his name. judging from the way I get piled on by the left I don't believe I am being tuned out......Answered about 250 posts this week Redress.

That does not make the fears rational.

We shall see. One thing I know for sure if JB won he would deliver the critical state of Florida which McCain could not do.

Its his name. judging from the way I get piled on by the left I don't believe I am being tuned out......Answered about 250 posts this week Redress.

If Jeb would jump in, especially at a brokered convention his support would surpass Romney's and he just may have a good chance he could secure not only Florida but other key states. People claim they are burnt out on Bush, I am not so certain.

America is not ready for another president named "bush". The media would rape this man until he cried uncle. Why would a legitimate candidate want to get involved in this circus the GOP has going? Mitt Romney is the best bearded lady to "compete" in this general election. The GOP will save the big boys for 2012, well.....at least that's what any logical thinking establishment mind would think. Who do the dem's have in 2012? Joe Biden? Hillary Clinton will probably run, however, if history repeats itself, the GOP will have enough momentum to win one in 2012, but I dont see anything even possible to that scenario playing out in this general election, Obama will be a two term president, as he should be. I dont believe much can be done in 4 years time, anyone who thinks differently is out of touch with reality. It really pissed me off when Obama said "If I dont get things turned around quick, this will be a one term proposition." Of course I knew this wouldn't be possible, but I have heard crazier promises from past presidents....like nuclear weapons sitting in iraq. Presidents don't get real things done until their second term, its amazing how much can get done without the re-election weight sitting on your chest at all times. Bill Clinton turned from a sally into man overnight when he got re-elected, look what he got done.

Last edited:

You have been called about this a million times. You know better. It ruins any point you might have. It completely fails to make a point. It's silly. You are better than this.

We shall see. One thing I know for sure if JB won he would deliver the critical state of Florida which McCain could not do.

That would be one down and 49 to go.

It was a Bush who helped get Obama elected the first time, maybe another will help him get reelected.

But, I seriously doubt that any new candidate will be drafted at this point. It's gonna be Obama vs Romney, and we'll wind up with Obamney one way or another

and not much will change after the election anyway.

I've already got my Obama/Romney avatar waiting and ready.

Last edited:
America is not ready for another president named "bush". The media would rape this man until he cried uncle. Why would a legitimate candidate want to get involved in this circus the GOP has going? Mitt Romney is the best bearded lady to "compete" in this general election. The GOP will save the big boys for 2012, well.....at least that's what any logical thinking establishment mind would think.

I don't think that Jeb would be able to be picked apart as bad as current GOP candidates and have to side with NP in that Jeb would strip Obama of crucial key states, not just one as he used for an example.

Last edited:
I have to side with NP and don't think that Jeb would be able to be picked apart as bad as current GOP candidates, stripping Obama of crucial key states.

What crucial key states?

Jeb Bush seems like a decent guy and might even make a good president, but no one is looking for a third Bush to be president. Maybe in 20 years, but not now. Romney is the last of the old class of republican. There is a whole slew of republican governors that will be ready for the 2016 race for the White House.

Back
Top Bottom