• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DeSantis bans homeless from sleeping on public property

Well there you have it.

You don't have an honest answer.....you admit the point of your pretend answer was to insult liberals, in other words to troll.
I gave an honest answer. You dont like it because it exposes liberals for the phonies they are.

A lot more than someone arguing it I'll assure you of that. I doubt you'll vote for any program giving them a universal income, and housing, am I right?
If thats the answer, why hasnt California solved their homeless problem? There are no evil republicans to stop them, democrats there can do whateer they want. Yet they do nothing. How do you explain that?

As I have written here many times I worked with the homeless in a St Vincent de Paul soup kitchen for five years until covid closed it down. It was eye opening to say the least. These are, for the most part, people just like you and me who have made bad decisions or had just awful luck or both. Most people do not have enough exposure to the homeless to know that they are mostly ordinary people. Yes there are druggies and mentally ill but my experience is that thats not a majority at all. Its easy to step on the helpless in this country. Out of sight out of mind. Kick them out of public parks and they will simply go elsewhere, probably the streets. I can't even imaging what its like to live outdoors in cold rain. DeSatan has the compassion of an ice cube.
Yes, because the Newsome approach of letting the homeless live in squalor on city streets is just oh so compassionate.

No you didnt.

Your answer was a troll post.

Are you incapable of adult conversation?
It was a serious suggestion and one that would end homelessness if followed. Then there is your proposal which is---doing nothing but bitching and moaning.

Here is a close look at liberal compassion in action
homeless.jpg

Yes, because the Newsome approach of letting the homeless live in squalor on city streets is just oh so compassionate.
Actually California just passed a major bond to deal with mental health and homelessness-with the support of Governor Newsome. Pretty compassionate, isn’t it?

A statewide ballot measure aimed at overhauling California's mental health care system, primarily through the issuance of nearly $6.4 billion in bonds, has been approved by voters.

Proposition 1 is a two-pronged measure backed heavily by Gov. Gavin Newsom and a host of Southland elected officials, including Los Angeles Mayor Karen Bass and county Supervisors Hilda Solis and Janice Hahn. ”

Care to revise your post?

Last edited:
If thats the answer, why hasnt California solved their homeless problem? There are no evil republicans to stop them, democrats there can do whateer they want. Yet they do nothing. How do you explain that?
They're trying. It's not working that great, and it's there own fault but hopefully some of the new programs do better, they're looking hopeful.

I don't think it's "evil" Republicans fault, you've misunderstood my post. I think you are quick to judge, accuse and pat yourself on the back. My post was directed to you, not "all" republicans. There's been some very good programs come out of some republicans in the past.

DeSantis could be on to something if he actually helps these people he bans from the streets, and doesn't send them to liberal cities like he did the migrants.

If you care, here are some things CA is trying right now.

Basic monthly income trial shows promise with significant reduction in homelessness​

How Giving $750 a Month to L.A.'s Homeless Proved Basic Income Works​

Recipients of the income mostly spent their money on food, housing and transportation

CALIFORNIA LAUNCHES FIRST STATE-FUNDED GUARANTEED INCOME PILOT PROGRAMS​

You're an American and can enjoy our public spaces until you need any help, then you're an eyesore, and must go away, far far away!!!
No. If you need help you go to an inner city mission, Salvation Army, Social Services, churches. Etc.

He wants them in shelters.
We will see. If he actually does provide enough shelter, and solutions to problems and ends homelessness in Florida, I'll be the first to say we should all do what he's doing but, like I said, he has a shitty track record with migrants, he tends to give away his problems, so I'll have to watch and see.

Florida has second highest unsheltered rate in U.S. - Axios ...

By the numbers: In the 2023 count, Florida reported 15,482 unsheltered people or 6% of the national total of people living in places not meant for human habitation. The state also had some of the nation's largest increases of families with children and veterans experiencing homelessness between 2022-2023

Wow, so simple, yet, not.
It is simple. There are many people on the street who won't seek help because they don't want help. They love their addiction more than the future. Been there.

It is simple. There are many people on the street who won't seek help because they don't want help. They love their addiction more than the future. Been there.
I doubt you've been there if you're saying this. Nobody loves an addiction, what a stupid thing to say.

Good on you for your success. I suppose we can agree that everyone deserves some measure of dignity, no matter what.

I doubt you've been there if you're saying this. Nobody loves an addiction, what a stupid thing to say.
I've been homeless on the street 40 years ago. Alcohol and drugs. I speak from experience.

In all fairness, I don't think anyone loves an addiction but that is what it does, it keeps a hold on those who are suffering from it.

I've been homeless on the street 40 years ago. Alcohol and drugs. I speak from experience.
So, you loved it, why aren't you still there then?

I imagine you didn't love it. To say they love it implies they're being selfish, lazy and can make sane choices. I don't see addiction that way.

In all fairness, I don't think anyone loves an addiction but that is what it does, it keeps a hold on those who are suffering from it.
My brother was in jail and an addict, and now he's a drug counselor. People say that shit so they can look the other way. It's their own fault, they have to hit rock bottom, etc. It's simply not the truth. They need help, and it's addictive, which is not them loving it, it's them being a hostage to it.

Dependant is probably a better word. Many people on the street won't seek shelter because they have to stop using. You can't do your drugs and alcohol in a shelter. Also, many of the mentally ill are anti-social.

So, you loved it, why aren't you still there then?

I imagine you didn't love it. To say they love it implies they're being selfish, lazy and can make sane choices. I don't see addiction that way.
Addicts are very selfish.

Dependant is probably a better word. Many people on the street won't seek shelter because they have to stop using. You can't do your drugs and alcohol in a shelter. Also, many of the mentally ill are anti-social.
Dependent is a much better word.

Addicts are very selfish.
The person? I doubt to become an addict you have to be a selfish person first. What they are is addicted to a substance that prevents logic, and encourages its use.

I'm careful about the words, because those words can either encourage aid, or prevent it by encouraging people to blame and ignore the problem.

Back
Top Bottom