• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Denver decriminalizes mushrooms

I need a good babysitter. Last October was the last time I did mushrooms and I ended up dancing for 4 hours straight and then proceeded to moonwalk all over the dance floor with the lights on when it closed down to the amusement of my friends and husband. Some babysitters they are!
I'll bet this makes those feet swing when the mushrooms are in you.

Last edited:
It's a dumb move. I'm not ideologically opposed to these sorts of moves. The problem is that it starts attracting large amounts of people and it ****s up traffic and housing markets and and such. These sorts of changes need to occur on the Federal level, not the State.

Like the awesome Nebraskans to the east. :2razz:

I can see where your coming from though.

I'm actually an excellent babysitter - too good a babysitter, in fact, to facilitate an indoor mushroom trip!!

Best mushroom trips are done OUTSIDE. :)

My best mushroom trip was actually on my honeymoon. My wife and I decided not to go to the usual destination, partly because we love our own country, partly because we were young and broke...lol... So, we got a cabin on Manitoulin Island, and, well...honeymooned. hehe... One night I made my tea (my tea is the stuff of legends), and looked out at the stars. We went for huge walks, went through six rolls of film taking pictures of trees and the one streetlight in the area (Manitoulin Island is the boonies, for sure), etc. The trip was a good 6 - 7 hours.

Unfortunately it ended rather abruptly...we were sitting by the water, and heard something get got by something bigger in the bush - pretty sure it was a rabbit, and they don't make the nicest sounds when they're getting harvested by whatever was out there. Needless to say we did not pass Go, we did not collect $200, we went straight to bed...lol... But it was an awesome night otherwise.

Point of the story...where you are at and who you are with all matter. A good mushroom trip needs to be planned.

haha...come to think of it, they need to get this legalized up here quick time.... I could be a mushroom tour guide. :)

Yes, I love being outdoors especially on a windy day just watching the trees. Sounds like you had a great honeymoon! It's great to find someone you can do things you like and have fun.

I have no problem with it. As long as the person tripping isn’t tripping when they’re driving or involved in activities that might compromise other’s safety.

Driving under the influence of anything is already illegal in all 50 states.

Funny with drugs the utmost caution bordering on hysterical is applied. Yet you can walk into a shop, buy firearms and shoot everyone in a store if you so desire. You can get a loan with a 500% interest rate that locks you into a cycle that leaves you homeless. But when it comes feelin' funny holy **** whip out the yellow tape and call the police.

Funny with drugs the utmost caution bordering on hysterical is applied. Yet you can walk into a shop, buy firearms and shoot everyone in a store if you so desire. You can get a loan with a 500% interest rate that locks you into a cycle that leaves you homeless. But when it comes feelin' funny holy **** whip out the yellow tape and call the police.

That's because when you take these drugs you start to realize that the whole "get a job, work your ass off every day, buy a house, have kids so they can go to work, and then die" program is worthy of serious skepticism...and that would mean that the people who profit from everyone working dead-end jobs barely scraping by would start to see less profit, and that's unacceptable.

That's because when you take these drugs you start to realize that the whole "get a job, work your ass off every day, buy a house, have kids so they can go to work, and then die" program is worthy of serious skepticism...and that would mean that the people who profit from everyone working dead-end jobs barely scraping by would start to see less profit, and that's unacceptable.

Exactly. That's the issue. I think, by and large, the majority of people, left and right, don't care what people do to themselves.

It's what happens next that is the issue.

i've never tried them, but if i were to try a hallucinogen, it would probably be mushrooms. i've avoided that class of drugs entirely, though, as a significant percentage of my dreams are nightmares, and the natural hallucinations that i have experienced while ill were mostly pretty frightening. i'm not sure that i want to risk being trapped in that experience chemically for hours. either way, i see no reason to arrest anyone for having mushrooms, so this seems to be a step in the right direction.

i've never tried them, but if i were to try a hallucinogen, it would probably be mushrooms. i've avoided that class of drugs entirely, though, as a significant percentage of my dreams are nightmares, and the natural hallucinations that i have experienced while ill were mostly pretty frightening. i'm not sure that i want to risk being trapped in that experience chemically for hours. either way, i see no reason to arrest anyone for having mushrooms, so this seems to be a step in the right direction.

When you're sick or anxious I think it causes bad dreams and thoughts which shouldn't occur if you do mushrooms while in a decent state of mind. The best thing to do as with any drug is start super small and see how your body and mind reacts to it. Half a gram to one gram would be enough to feel the slightest effects while still being relatively sober and in complete control of yourself.

They're also being investigated for treatment of depression, anxiety, ptsd, etc. The Push to Legalize Magic Mushrooms for Depression and PTSD | WIRED

One thing though, after doing mushrooms I have really, REALLY, weird dreams that are at times frightening and disturbing so you might want to see what effect half a gram has on this. They usually last a day or two and then rapidly taper off to nothing over a week. That's kind of the irony of them. While you're on them you feel kind of sick, kind of happy, kind of scared, kind of peaceful, kind of stressed, especially at the higher dosages; but your general feeling of wellbeing improves dramatically over the next month.

Supposedly it does something with the circuits in your brain, the connections that fire off and strengthen / weaken. It causes new circuits to fire, new pathways, and can shred old ones. They call it a "reset" so if you're depressed or anxious and have circuits built up and hardened that are locking you into a bad state, this can help break it. I believe this is the same principle behind electroconvulsive therapy.

It worked for me and I might be ready for my next "treatment" this weekend. :lol:

When you're sick or anxious I think it causes bad dreams and thoughts which shouldn't occur if you do mushrooms while in a decent state of mind. The best thing to do as with any drug is start super small and see how your body and mind reacts to it. Half a gram to one gram would be enough to feel the slightest effects while still being relatively sober and in complete control of yourself.

They're also being investigated for treatment of depression, anxiety, ptsd, etc. The Push to Legalize Magic Mushrooms for Depression and PTSD | WIRED

One thing though, after doing mushrooms I have really, REALLY, weird dreams that are at times frightening and disturbing so you might want to see what effect half a gram has on this. They usually last a day or two and then rapidly taper off to nothing over a week. That's kind of the irony of them. While you're on them you feel kind of sick, kind of happy, kind of scared, kind of peaceful, kind of stressed, especially at the higher dosages; but your general feeling of wellbeing improves dramatically over the next month.

Supposedly it does something with the circuits in your brain, the connections that fire off and strengthen / weaken. It causes new circuits to fire, new pathways, and can shred old ones. They call it a "reset" so if you're depressed or anxious and have circuits built up and hardened that are locking you into a bad state, this can help break it. I believe this is the same principle behind electroconvulsive therapy.

It worked for me and I might be ready for my next "treatment" this weekend. :lol:

i'm intrigued to find out what doors might be opened, but i'm also a bit concerned about what doors might be closed.

i'm intrigued to find out what doors might be opened, but i'm also a bit concerned about what doors might be closed.

I'm not aware of any doors "closing", do you have anything in mind with this? With ECT I've read that it causes memory loss which many of course do not like but mushrooms don't do that. I've never heard of any bad lasting effects and they are physically completely harmless. The only exception would be anyone that has trouble with psychosis should maybe not do them but some do anyway. The stories of "bad trips" generally come from people who do way too much in a bad setting and freak out. This is akin to a person that has never driven before jumping in the Daytona 500 and then complaining it was nerve wracking.

i've only had a few dreams that i could mostly control without waking up. it would definitely take some work.

Merely reading about dreaming a lot creates a focus that helps. Techniques make the change.

I'm not aware of any doors "closing", do you have anything in mind with this? With ECT I've read that it causes memory loss which many of course do not like but mushrooms don't do that. I've never heard of any bad lasting effects and they are physically completely harmless. The only exception would be anyone that has trouble with psychosis should maybe not do them but some do anyway. The stories of "bad trips" generally come from people who do way too much in a bad setting and freak out. This is akin to a person that has never driven before jumping in the Daytona 500 and then complaining it was nerve wracking.

to put it simply, my mind is constantly active. it's very easy for me to get trapped in thought processes. i would be excited to expand my consciousness, but i don't want to fall into some trap that i can't get out of.

i've only had a few dreams that i could mostly control without waking up. it would definitely take some work.

One note about dream reform... no weed. Weed suppresses dreams. If one seriously wants to change the one third of our lives spent in sleep, gotta get clean and sober and work on it for months.

to put it simply, my mind is constantly active. it's very easy for me to get trapped in thought processes. i would be excited to expand my consciousness, but i don't want to fall into some trap that i can't get out of.

Ah I see, I have a similar problem, not sure if the same thing. I get trapped in what I've internally called my negative feedback loop. The more I think bad things, the worse I feel, the worse I feel, the more I think bad things. Not a good place to be.

One note about dream reform... no weed. Weed suppresses dreams. If one seriously wants to change the one third of our lives spent in sleep, gotta get clean and sober and work on it for months.

i haven't smoked weed in years. the last time, it was way too strong. i had to lie down and wait like 45 minutes before it got to 90s weed level. i mostly just wanted to wander around in the trees and take pictures while listening to Hope Sandoval. i did eventually get to do that after i got over the strong weed kicking my ass momentarily.

Ah I see, I have a similar problem, not sure if the same thing. I get trapped in what I've internally called my negative feedback loop. The more I think bad things, the worse I feel, the worse I feel, the more I think bad things. Not a good place to be.

yeah, that sucks. i think that i would not do well with a chemically induced bad dream. if i ever try anything like that, i hope that it will be with experienced people who can unfreak me out.

I'm kinda a baby lightweight so I just take a little to get a good body high going while laughing my butt off. I got my own well planned trip scheduled for next month. ;)

Being cautious and taking just a little is a good idea. I had a bad experience with hashish while traveling in Europe, and am very reluctant to try again. Never tried mushrooms. So much to do, so little time.

It's a dumb move. I'm not ideologically opposed to these sorts of moves. The problem is that it starts attracting large amounts of people and it ****s up traffic and housing markets and and such. These sorts of changes need to occur on the Federal level, not the State.

How would change at the federal level effect those things differently?

Last edited:
How would change at the federal level effect those things differently?

If it's on the federal level and legal across all the States, then there isn't the impetus for people to flood into Colorado specifically. I think one of the bad, unintended consequences of our marijuana legalization was that it brought a ton of people into our state in a short amount of time. It's flubbed up quite a bit, actually.

Back
Top Bottom